Ghostbusters: Slimer Edition Amazon Exclusive - Price Drop: (360/PS3) $110 (Wii) $90

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
6/13 Update - Price Drop!
Price drop:
:360: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:wii: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $89.99

Original post
Just found out about this, it appears to be for the 360 and Wii only. Pretty pricey unless you're a total Ghostbuster geek. Of course you will probably be able to get this for under $100 within the first few months of the game's release.

Wii: $109.99
360: $129.99

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239734152&sr=1-9

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bloogle12']Anybody know the answer, id like to know as well.[/QUOTE]
Well, not being a big expert with both plastic and resin items on hand right now to compare, I would hazard a guess that at least the base is not just plastic - it seems a little too heavy and dense for that, but there could be some sort of filler in there I guess. The green Slimer body I didn't manhandle much, but it seems heavier than just thin plastic also. Again, I could be totally wrong and would have to go play with the two parts some more to really think about it.

What an awesome package! But as much as I love the Ghostbusters, I'm going to have to just go with the normal game on this one. This is the same thing that happened when The Real Ghostbusters was released on DVD as the Complete Collection. something like $140 is a lot for a cartoon on dvd, but then I found out that they were also being let out in volumes! I got Volume 1, which has the first 30 episodes plus a ton of special features. Definitely worth it! It's much easier to get these things over time than all at once.

I thought the Bust was the minimates thing, my fault. Either way it's still not worth and extra $50, I heard the bust was little.

You realize that the bust is 12inches and that a bust like that alone would cost anywhere from $50-70 dollars through specialty sites right?

[quote name='robin2099']You realize that the bust is 12inches and that a bust like that alone would cost anywhere from $50-70 dollars through specialty sites right?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the material. If it's resin, then yes it could go for $50 or more. If it's just plastic, it probably wouldn't be sold for that much.

[quote name='RoarkIndustries']An utter waste of money. Just remember the Halo 3 Legendary deals on Newegg =p[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It doesn't seem any more or less a waste of money than the dozens of other CE or LE releases we have seen in the past couple of years. I do agree that it will not maintain its value though, especially since it is still not sold out on Amazon and it's not in a nice complete collector's package, just individually boxed items shipped together. 6,500 units is actually quite a lot for something that is selling for $110 and only appeals to a very specific subset of Ghostbusters fans/videogamers/bust collectors if you think about it.

bread's done
Back