Girlfriend issues. I need advice.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and advice. Here's what I am going to do.

1. If she doesn't hang out with me tomorrow I will probably end up breaking up with her, being that tomorrow is the day we see each other.
2. If I do see her, I am going to tell her how I feel and that I need more attention. If she says no can do, then I'll break up with her.

Either one of those will go tomorrow. Even my coworkers, who are women in their 30's and 60's, told me that she probably isn't as committed as I am and if she can't make time for me being that she has time, then I should move on.

So thats whats going to happen if she doesn't agree to something.

Blah to all this talk of seeing two people at once!!!! Its SICK!! I've always been a loyal person even when I was dating. I have never cheated on anyone. I have never dated two people at the same same if you definition differs on "cheating" either. When I dated I put my heart into it. All of it. When I found out time and time again a guy was cheating on me or "getting some on the side" it totally and completely destroyed me because I gave them my all. I had even given a guy my vigrinity because he promised he wanted to marry me and that we'd be together forever. BTW, he's the one that slept with my best friend. Then I ended up with a guy that was worse. He ended up getting me pregnant and still got some on the side anyways then skipped out. I'm sorry but I seriously HATE the idea of polygomous relationships or "open relationships". If you're going to date someone, go out on a couple of dates, talk for a few weeks, if you don't feel it's right then tell them and go your seperate ways and find someone new. Getting some on the side is a quick way of getting someone pregnant, like me, or getting an STD, which luckily I didn't get from either one of those idiots! So stop trying to put horrible ideas into this poor guy's head. It seems to me he has the right idea about love to me.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']Blah to all this talk of seeing two people at once!!!! Its SICK!! I've always been a loyal person even when I was dating. I have never cheated on anyone. I have never dated two people at the same same if you definition differs on "cheating" either. When I dated I put my heart into it. All of it. When I found out time and time again a guy was cheating on me or "getting some on the side" it totally and completely destroyed me because I gave them my all. I had even given a guy my vigrinity because he promised he wanted to marry me and that we'd be together forever. BTW, he's the one that slept with my best friend. Then I ended up with a guy that was worse. He ended up getting me pregnant and still got some on the side anyways then skipped out. I'm sorry but I seriously HATE the idea of polygomous relationships or "open relationships". If you're going to date someone, go out on a couple of dates, talk for a few weeks, if you don't feel it's right then tell them and go your seperate ways and find someone new. Getting some on the side is a quick way of getting someone pregnant, like me, or getting an STD, which luckily I didn't get from either one of those idiots! So stop trying to put horrible ideas into this poor guy's head. It seems to me he has the right idea about love to me.[/quote]

Ok, well, sounds like your loyalty has done more damage to you than good. I'm not knocking the idea of loyalty. I'm just saying that your own loyalty should have its own limits. The fact that you're giving your all into these past scenarios says that you're not a challenge. If a guy is attracted to you but realizes that you won't be a challenge, he'll go out to find others. A man is only as faithful as his options. So be a challenge.

And you've got the wrong idea about polyamory. Polygamy is literal Greek for 'many marriages' and that's not what we're talkin' about here. It's polyamory - 'many loves'. And it's distinctly different from open relationships in that everyone knows the 'other' partner in a given trinity. In open relationships, one or both partners is lax about the other person's sexual activities and may not necessarily be aware of them.

I myself have been in several polyamorous relationships and have maintained good friends w/ all the girls even after the sexual aspect dissolved. And the reason it dissolved is that one person in the relationship wanted to seek an exculsive relationship while the other 2 wanted to remain free. But we always knew exactly who our partners our because they'd be sharing our bed every night.

And the pregnancy/STD thing is a bit of a misnomer. Dating more than one person doesn't change the risk. It only takes one to do it. Condoms are 99% effective so there's still that 1% chance you take every time you have sex even w/ the same partner. Truly, the only absolute way to prevent having a baby/STD is to abstain from sex.

My mom, a doc, told me recently of this woman who gave birth to a baby girl despite the fact that she & her boyfriend used condoms, a vaginal dam, liquid contraceptives and on top of that, she was recovering from radiation therapy from her cancer. So for all their precautions, they still ended up w/ a baby.

And love is a chemical. You can love anyone. All your emotions are the result of chemicals firing on and off. If you can understand that logically, you are in control of your emotions instead of vice versa. And if you are in control of your emotions, you can make rational decisions about how you want to live your love life. Theduck definitely has some decisions to make and being clouded by his emotions only serves to mess up his thinking.

[quote name='jaykrue']Ok, well, sounds like your loyalty has done more damage to you than good. I'm not knocking the idea of loyalty. I'm just saying that your own loyalty should have its own limits. The fact that you're giving your all into these past scenarios says that you're not a challenge. If a guy is attracted to you but realizes that you won't be a challenge, he'll go out to find others. A man is only as faithful as his options. So be a challenge.

And you've got the wrong idea about polyamory. Polygamy is literal Greek for 'many marriages' and that's not what we're talkin' about here. It's polyamory - 'many loves'. And it's distinctly different from open relationships in that everyone knows the 'other' partner in a given trinity. In open relationships, one or both partners is lax about the other person's sexual activities and may not necessarily be aware of them.

I myself have been in several polyamorous relationships and have maintained good friends w/ all the girls even after the sexual aspect dissolved. And the reason it dissolved is that one person in the relationship wanted to seek an exculsive relationship while the other 2 wanted to remain free. But we always knew exactly who our partners our because they'd be sharing our bed every night.

And the pregnancy/STD thing is a bit of a misnomer. Dating more than one person doesn't change the risk. It only takes one to do it. Condoms are 99% effective so there's still that 1% chance you take every time you have sex even w/ the same partner. Truly, the only absolute way to prevent having a baby/STD is to abstain from sex.

My mom, a doc, told me recently of this woman who gave birth to a baby girl despite the fact that she & her boyfriend used condoms, a vaginal dam, liquid contraceptives and on top of that, she was recovering from radiation therapy from her cancer. So for all their precautions, they still ended up w/ a baby.

And love is a chemical. You can love anyone. All your emotions are the result of chemicals firing on and off. If you can understand that logically, you are in control of your emotions instead of vice versa. And if you are in control of your emotions, you can make rational decisions about how you want to live your love life. Theduck definitely has some decisions to make and being clouded by his emotions only serves to mess up his thinking.[/quote]Reminder, once again, why he is CAG's relationship guru.

[quote name='Theduck']Again, I appreciate the feedback and advice. Here's what I am going to do.

1. If she doesn't hang out with me tomorrow I will probably end up breaking up with her, being that tomorrow is the day we see each other.
2. If I do see her, I am going to tell her how I feel and that I need more attention. If she says no can do, then I'll break up with her.

Either one of those will go tomorrow. Even my coworkers, who are women in their 30's and 60's, told me that she probably isn't as committed as I am and if she can't make time for me being that she has time, then I should move on.

So thats whats going to happen if she doesn't agree to something.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is be strong and remember that talk is cheap. (What I mean by that is she might appease you by saying she'll make more time for you, make sure it's backed up.)

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']OP, do you need more advice or can the thread be closed?

Do you have any updates on the relationship?[/QUOTE]

Umm...he last posted at 11 last night. It's not even noon yet, so if anything, he's probably with her now. Be patient...this thread better not be going anywhere until we get a follow up :)

Just stop answering her calls and don't call her. It will drive her crazy. Meanwhile you should be hitting on new girls.

I'm assuming since he hasn't posted yet, he was too much of a cowardly bitch to break up with her, and he's too much of a coward to post about that on CAG. I'll rescind my statement if he posts otherwise, but I'm not counting on it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm assuming since he hasn't posted yet, he was too much of a cowardly bitch to break up with her, and he's too much of a coward to post about that on CAG. I'll rescind my statement if he posts otherwise, but I'm not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

:shock: :rofl:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm assuming since he hasn't posted yet, he was too much of a cowardly bitch to break up with her, and he's too much of a coward to post about that on CAG. I'll rescind my statement if he posts otherwise, but I'm not counting on it.[/quote]

Or shit hit the fan and the cops had to be involved. Who knows. Either way, leave it to Dead of Knight to start things off right. :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='Theduck']Again, I appreciate the feedback and advice. Here's what I am going to do.

So thats whats going to happen if she doesn't agree to something.[/quote]

Those are good people to get advice from IMO.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm assuming since he hasn't posted yet, he was too much of a cowardly bitch to break up with her, and he's too much of a coward to post about that on CAG. I'll rescind my statement if he posts otherwise, but I'm not counting on it.[/quote]

:lol:

I broke up with her. Here's how it went.

Friday: I call her, leave a message about hanging out. She calls me, says she's training late and didnt want to cancel because she'll be charged. I thought to myself "cant you fucking see me before you train?". Guess not. Anyways, she called me to tell me that, I got pissed, I hung the phone up and turned it off.

Today: She calls me to hang out. I told her I'm tired of this bullshit and that we're breaking up because she has other priorities ahead of me.

The end. =)

[quote name='Theduck']Today: She calls me to hang out. I told her I'm tired of this bullshit and that we're breaking up because she has other priorities ahead of me.

The end. =)[/QUOTE]

You can't expect her (or anyone you're in a relationship with) to place you above everything else.

But whatever.

Pix plz.

[quote name='Theduck']:lol:

Friday: I call her, leave a message about hanging out. She calls me, says she's training late and didnt want to cancel because she'll be charged. I thought to myself "cant you fucking see me before you train?". Guess not. Anyways, she called me to tell me that, I got pissed, I hung the phone up and turned it off.

Today: She calls me to hang out. I told her I'm tired of this bullshit and that we're breaking up because she has other priorities ahead of me.

The end. =)[/quote]

prediction you will be called again

The end. =)[/quote]

You had the right idea OP, but you went about it all wrong. When she called you to hang out, you should have had another discussion about the whole one week issue, then if she blew up at you again, then you should have broken up with her.

[quote name='Liquid 2']You can't expect her (or anyone you're in a relationship with) to place you above everything else.[/quote]

Truth. A relationship should be an add-on to your life. It shouldn't be your life. People have other obligations to take care that should definitely come before "hang out with my SO". However, in your case, for her being with her b/f was somewhere near the absolute bottom, which is a good reason you got out when you did.

The end. =)[/quote]

The end? THE END?!??!

No no no buddy... more information required please. How did she take it? I assume she was cool with it... let CAG know.

The end. =)[/QUOTE]

Its for the best. Well done.

[quote name='Theduck']Long story short: I have a girlfriend, we have been dating for 4 months, best girlfriend ever, I can say its the first girl I've loved, no I am not 14 years old, I feel like this is the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Theduck']I don't know what to say. This has been going on for 4 months. I was tired of it.[/QUOTE]Contradictory, no?

I agree with Purple Flames:
[quote name='Purple Flames']You had the right idea OP, but you went about it all wrong. When she called you to hang out, you should have had another discussion about the whole one week issue, then if she blew up at you again, then you should have broken up with her.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....what happened to talking to her about it? I can understand perhaps talking with fellow CAGs to build yourself up for this and get advice, but it sounds like you walked into this just waiting for the next brushoff as an excuse to blow up and skip sitting her down to talk.

Good job expressing yourself as a responsible "man" and not a child.

Next time, don't use CAG as a way to psych yourself up to being an asshole.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Ummm....what happened to talking to her about it? I can understand perhaps talking with fellow CAGs to build yourself up for this and get advice, but it sounds like you walked into this just waiting for the next brushoff as an excuse to blow up and skip sitting her down to talk.

Good job expressing yourself as a responsible "man" and not a child.

Next time, don't use CAG as a way to psych yourself up to being an asshole.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I spent 4 hours talking to her. She choose to not see me over a week. She said it stresses her out to not be alone.

I'm sorry if I didnt make myself clear, I'm a little wrecked. Why put me down?

[quote name='Theduck']I spent 4 hours talking to her. She choose to not see me over a week. She said it stresses her out to not be alone.

I'm sorry if I didnt make myself clear, I'm a little wrecked. Why put me down?[/quote]

Well there ya go. You've gotta mention that. :)

Your last post made it sound like "I just told that bitch to fuck off, high five", and if that was the case, I'd say we have enough asshole guys in the world.

However, now it doesn't sound like you did that, and things did go decently (I hope). That being said, sounds like you both realize this is for the best.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Well there ya go. You've gotta mention that. :)

Your last post made it sound like "I just told that bitch to fuck off, high five", and if that was the case, I'd say we have enough asshole guys in the world.

However, now it doesn't sound like you did that, and things did go decently (I hope). That being said, sounds like you both realize this is for the best.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I didnt mean to come off like an ass before. This was very tough, but at the same time very rewarding and meaningful. Like many of you said, it was not meant to be.

Thank you all.

Well reading what you're saying, you like to be around the people you are dating.. and the girl you were seeing kinda has panic attacks/has urges to be alone. She needs to find someone who feels the same as her, and same with you. Relationships are hillarious because all the choices involved are so clearly simple to make, but they are so hard to actually make them :headache:

I dunno, if I was in the same situation as Theduck, I'd keep dating the girl. Heck, at the moment, I'd just be glad a girl was dating me even if she was cheating on me a little.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno, if I was in the same situation as Theduck, I'd keep dating the girl. Heck, at the moment, I'd just be glad a girl was dating me even if she was cheating on me a little.[/QUOTE]
#-o

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno, if I was in the same situation as Theduck, I'd keep dating the girl. Heck, at the moment, I'd just be glad a girl was dating me even if she was cheating on me a little.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: No no no silly TMK, you don't accept cheating.

I dunno, if I was in the same situation as Theduck, I'd keep dating the girl. Heck, at the moment, I'd just be glad a girl was dating me even if she was cheating on me a little.
With self-esteem like that, no wonder she'd be cheating on you. Grow some balls man. First step in dating to to have the self esteem to take control of the situation. Show her you can lead by showing her to a wonderful night out with confidence.

I don't know what you're like in real life, but assuming your presentable and have decent enough manners, start taking control and being a leader. Ask someone you're interested in (and is single, don't ever try to move in on someone in a relationship, that's a douche move) what they're doing saturday night, and if they'd like to join you for a movie.

The difficulty of this will vary from the girl you're interested in to the confidence you muster by the time you try, but the bottom line is this:
Asking, failing, and brushing it off is far better than never asking at all and wondering "what if".

I met Crimson nearly 2 years ago, and after striking up a conversation with her off and on, I simply decided "I'm not missing a chance with this woman". We had literally talked for about a total of 90 minutes over two days before I asked her, and we've been dating 2 wonderful years since then. Now, she'll tell you that she was interested in me too, and that if I didn't ask, she was going to ask me out instead, but hey, I stand by my decision to ask first.

If you want someone that wonderful in your life, go out and meet them head on. Good luck and Godspeed.

~HotShotX

Seriously, WTF TMK? I can't believe that you are as big a loser as you portray yourself to be on this board.

[quote name='ananag112']Seriously, WTF TMK? I can't believe that you are as big a loser as you portray yourself to be on this board.[/QUOTE]I'm honestly not that bad, I just have a huge problem with self-hatred, low self esteem, and many other problems and I desperately need therapy.

Let's just say I'm pretty desperate for a girl, I just don't want a big fat girl who's crazy ugly (a girl doesn't have to be hot). I continue doing something stupid every time I meet a girl (like she instantly finds out I'm some uber nerd due my sarcasm at times, mentioning of being a workaholic, and so on).

[quote name='HotShotX']With self-esteem like that, no wonder she'd be cheating on you. Grow some balls man. First step in dating to to have the self esteem to take control of the situation. Show her you can lead by showing her to a wonderful night out with confidence.

I don't know what you're like in real life, but assuming your presentable and have decent enough manners, start taking control and being a leader. Ask someone you're interested in (and is single, don't ever try to move in on someone in a relationship, that's a douche move) what they're doing saturday night, and if they'd like to join you for a movie.

The difficulty of this will vary from the girl you're interested in to the confidence you muster by the time you try, but the bottom line is this:
Asking, failing, and brushing it off is far better than never asking at all and wondering "what if".

I met Crimson nearly 2 years ago, and after striking up a conversation with her off and on, I simply decided "I'm not missing a chance with this woman". We had literally talked for about a total of 90 minutes over two days before I asked her, and we've been dating 2 wonderful years since then. Now, she'll tell you that she was interested in me too, and that if I didn't ask, she was going to ask me out instead, but hey, I stand by my decision to ask first.

If you want someone that wonderful in your life, go out and meet them head on. Good luck and Godspeed.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]That's the whole point, I need self esteem to get a girl, but when you don't have it, there's not much you can do. Although part of my low self-esteem may come from lack of socialization in the real world, not eating right, locking myself up inside for long periods of times once in a while, and so on.

I mentioned it before that I met a pretty good looking girl last week and gave her my contact information. However, I probably fell into her friend zone and told her stuff I probably shouldn't have. Mostly, she was someone in my major (a Freshman) who struggled in some classes I was really good at, and I offered her help.

Actually, in the middle of writing this, I actually just got a message from her and she wants my help, so that's what I'm going to do.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno, if I was in the same situation as Theduck, I'd keep dating the girl. Heck, at the moment, I'd just be glad a girl was dating me even if she was cheating on me a little.[/quote]

As most people on CAG would attest to, I normally take the high road on things posted on CAG.

That being said...

That has to one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on CAG. There is no such such thing as cheating on someone a little. You either are cheating or you aren't. The fact you would accept it means one day you'll find the perfect woman who will take every last dime you have.

Also, being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all of life. If you think it is you are either in high school or delusional.

Let's just say I'm pretty desperate for a girl, I just don't want a big fat girl who's crazy ugly (a girl doesn't have to be hot). I continue doing something stupid every time I meet a girl (like she instantly finds out I'm some uber nerd due my sarcasm at times, mentioning of being a workaholic, and so on).

Dude, you need professional help, and I mean that in a serious way. That quote above is all over the place. You can't be desperate, yet have standards. You say what you don't a fat girl, yet get surprised when a woman you like says they don't want a nerd? Talk about a double-standard. Everyone has their ideals and you just need to deal with it.

Sounds like TMK needs a classy outfit

Id suggest This, its always a hit with ladies

00839pimpred_3.jpg

J/K

[quote name='Theduck']I didnt mean to come off like an ass before. This was very tough, but at the same time very rewarding and meaningful. Like many of you said, it was not meant to be.

Thank you all.[/quote]

Though it seems like a closed subject, I definitely got this impression when I read your 1st post concerning the breakup, and kinda agreed with HotshotX's initial reply. Thanks for clarifying, I'm glad it wasn't so abrupt and it was actually discussed. I can't stand poor communication in relationships ;)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']As most people on CAG would attest to, I normally take the high road on things posted on CAG.

That being said...

That has to one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on CAG. There is no such such thing as cheating on someone a little. You either are cheating or you aren't. The fact you would accept it means one day you'll find the perfect woman who will take every last dime you have.

Also, being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all of life. If you think it is you are either in high school or delusional.

Dude, you need professional help, and I mean that in a serious way. That quote above is all over the place. You can't be desperate, yet have standards. You say what you don't a fat girl, yet get surprised when a woman you like says they don't want a nerd? Talk about a double-standard. Everyone has their ideals and you just need to deal with it.[/quote]

TMK, I'm going to agree with Guile here, in the nicest way possible, and as someone who's attended 12-step meetings and group therapy before (though it wasn't for anything like what you're describing).

Point being, it's not an empty recommendation, I think literally everyone would benefit from some form of therapy and it's a shame that some people I've encountered think it's only for "crazy" people (my best friend's girlfriend in highschool needed it badly, and her parents refused because they thought it was for 'nutjobs' and weak people. Right.)

You attend a university, right? They probably offer some form of counseling service to students if you're full time, I know mine does. Just exploring what options you'd have would be a good start if you aren't entirely motivated yet, but it sounds like something you need to do.

I recall your saying you had trouble with the ladies, but to be honest it surprises me a little on the self-esteem thing. You always have very thoughtful replies, even if people disagree with you, and you come off as very intelligent. If my memory serves me from the picture thread, you aren't a bad looking guy, either. I realize those kinda things don't always matter when your depressed and/or lonely, but really man, you seem to have a lot going for you already. Just sayin'.

Id suggest This, its always a hit with ladies
It's a hit with a ladies because the guys wearing them are HITTING them. :)

That's the whole point, I need self esteem to get a girl, but when you don't have it, there's not much you can do. Although part of my low self-esteem may come from lack of socialization in the real world, not eating right, locking myself up inside for long periods of times once in a while, and so on.

I mentioned it before that I met a pretty good looking girl last week and gave her my contact information. However, I probably fell into her friend zone and told her stuff I probably shouldn't have. Mostly, she was someone in my major (a Freshman) who struggled in some classes I was really good at, and I offered her help.

Actually, in the middle of writing this, I actually just got a message from her and she wants my help, so that's what I'm going to do.
Well there you go. Self-esteem is something you need to fix yourself, so get fucking cracking on it. Start working out, eating right, get your shit together because your mother isn't doing it for you :)

As for the girl, yeah, if you've opened up that quickly and offered her help, then you've already started climbing the "friend ladder", and it's damn near impossible to jump to the "boyfriend ladder" without risking the 50ft fall to the ground.

Start working on your own life before you try taking another person's life under your wing (i.e. a relationship). When you're ready, don't be so open about yourself when you meet someone. They've gotta be interested in you but at the same time not know anything about you when you start out, so that they might be interested in spending some time to get to know you, you know?

Secondly, don't offer help right off the bat if you're interested in them. Secure dating and the relationship with them first, then offer help in the "Hey, I know about that, let me help you" way after a few weeks have passed.

Other CAGs who are still single may want to take note: "Relationships don't happen by chance, the opportunity might, but they are seized by men and women who can throw caution to the wind and act then the opportunity arises."

We can give all the relationship and dating advice you want on these forums, but even "stick it in her pooper" requires you to actually ACT to make it happen. "Lack of Self-Esteem" is a bullshit excuse, want to know why?:

SELF-AWARENESS. If you are aware of the problem, why the hell haven't you fixed it? You might want to buck up and take care of this now, because being a doormat for 60-70 years sounds like a particular waste of time, if you ask me, not to mention a shorter lifespan.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to take a lot of hard work and time, but damn are you going to feel good once you're taking control of your own life and making things happen FOR you instead of letting shit happen TO you.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Other CAGs who are still single may want to take note: "Relationships don't happen by chance, the opportunity might, but they are seized by men and women who can throw caution to the wind and act then the opportunity arises."[/quote]

Most women expect relationships to "just happen". It's part of that kooky chick psychology. So as a dude you've got to strike it up while maintaining that vibe of surprise and excitement.

The end. =)[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

This is the most mouth-gaping post I've ever read on this site. I seriously don't know how to reply. WTF??

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:applause::applause::applause:

This is the most mouth-gaping post I've ever read on this site. I seriously don't know how to reply. WTF??[/quote]

I think you need to take TMK into your arms and teach him what love really is.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I think you need to take TMK into your arms and teach him what love really is.[/QUOTE]
DoK has a penis, dude. TMK's not that desperate.

[quote name='Liquid 2']DoK has a penis, dude. TMK's not that desperate.[/quote]

Now now, let's not rule anything out.

~HotShotX

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']WTF is this thread about?[/quote]

A Study of failure in the future of mankind and proof that if evolution is correct, we are only a Generation or two away from complete and total extinction.

bread's done
Back