Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered my firat game on feb 1st, just got it, for the shipping rate id expect much faster service, but everytime there is a coupon code im in, their twtter announces the codes btw.

[quote name='DiRT_X']I ordered my firat game on feb 1st, just got it, for the shipping rate id expect much faster service, but everytime there is a coupon code im in, their twtter announces the codes btw.[/QUOTE]
damn
been two weeks for me and nothing yet

You know what I just saw yesterday? Their return policy which sucks horribly.

I got a few games in playable but obviously used condition, was wondering if maybe I would reject them considering they were listed as EXCELLENT.

Turns out they have the stupidest NO FAULT return system. Even if the seller sends you a coaster, you both share the fault.

You can return the game but YOU pay shipping to return it.

If the game gets lost in the mail? YOU only get back HALF of your money.

It's the most horrible policy and the reason the site will not last if you ask me:

Return the item. After contacting us, the buyer will receive a pre-addressed, pre-stamped Glyde Mailer. Place the item in the envelope and drop it in the mail to return it.
Pay for return shipping. While the return cost varies depending on actual size and weight, average items will cost each party approximately $2.50.
Problem Buyer Seller Item Not As-Described
  • May initiate return within 48 hours of delivery.
  • Is reimbursed cost of item.
  • Pays half of return shipping (~$2.50).

• Pays Mailer Cost ($1.00-$1.75).
  • Shares return cost with buyer (~$2.50).
  • Receives returned item. Does not get sale proceeds.
Suspect Item
  • May be required to send item to Glyde for investigation. All costs refunded.
  • Otherwise, item is returned to seller. Buyer is reimbursed cost of item and pays half of return shipping.

• If item is found to be illegal, seller forfeits sale proceeds and is charged all costs (shipping and packaging) related to transaction. Account is canceled and authorities are notified.
  • If item is returned to seller, seller pays Mailer Cost, shares return cost with buyer, receives returned item, and does not get sale proceeds.
Loss Policy

The US Postal Service safely delivers nearly all parcels. However, if a Glyde package is lost in transit, the seller and buyer will share the cost of the lost item, and Glyde will waive its fees.
Problem Buyer Seller Seller Fails to Send Item / Postal Service Did NOT Confirm Package Was Mailed Is reimbursed purchase price and shipping cost.
  • Does not receive sales proceeds.
Postal Service Confirmed Package was Mailed Splits the cost of lost item with seller (i.e. receives 50% of purchase price back) and pays original shipping cost.
  • Splits cost of lost item with buyer (i.e. receives 50% of sale price).
  • Pays Mailer Cost.
In all other disputed or unsuccessful transactions, Glyde will apply the Shared Responsibility principles of these Transaction Policies to resolve the issue at its discretion.

Because of this once I get all my games from this last promotion I do not think I will be using this site.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know what I just saw yesterday? Their return policy which sucks horribly.

I got a few games in playable but obviously used condition, was wondering if maybe I would reject them considering they were listed as EXCELLENT.

Turns out they have the stupidest NO FAULT return system. Even if the seller sends you a coaster, you both share the fault.

You can return the game but YOU pay shipping to return it.

If the game gets lost in the mail? YOU only get back HALF of your money.

It's the most horrible policy and the reason the site will not last if you ask me:

Return the item. After contacting us, the buyer will receive a pre-addressed, pre-stamped Glyde Mailer. Place the item in the envelope and drop it in the mail to return it.
Pay for return shipping. While the return cost varies depending on actual size and weight, average items will cost each party approximately $2.50.
Problem Buyer Seller Item Not As-Described
  • Is reimbursed cost of item.
  • Pays half of return shipping (~$2.50).

• Shares return cost with buyer (~$2.50).
  • Receives returned item. Does not get sale proceeds.
Suspect Item
  • May be required to send item to Glyde for investigation. All costs refunded.
  • Otherwise, item is returned to seller. Buyer is reimbursed cost of item and pays half of return shipping.

• If item is found to be illegal, seller forfeits sale proceeds and is charged all costs (shipping and packaging) related to transaction. Account is canceled and authorities are notified.
  • If item is returned to seller, seller pays Mailer Cost, shares return cost with buyer, receives returned item, and does not get sale proceeds.
Loss Policy

The US Postal Service safely delivers nearly all parcels. However, if a Glyde package is lost in transit, the seller and buyer will share the cost of the lost item, and Glyde will waive its fees.
Problem Buyer Seller Seller Fails to Send Item / Postal Service Did NOT Confirm Package Was Mailed Is reimbursed purchase price and shipping cost.
  • Does not receive sales proceeds.
Postal Service Confirmed Package was Mailed Splits the cost of lost item with seller (i.e. receives 50% of purchase price back) and pays original shipping cost.
  • Splits cost of lost item with buyer (i.e. receives 50% of sale price).
  • Pays Mailer Cost.
In all other disputed or unsuccessful transactions, Glyde will apply the Shared Responsibility principles of these Transaction Policies to resolve the issue at its discretion.

Because of this once I get all my games from this last promotion I do not think I will be using this site.[/QUOTE]
Oh come on, with the $3 or $5 off the games I got cost me about $2 each, including shipping. I will take the gamble on whether or not the condition is good enough, and I eagerly await the next coupon.

$2 shipping is not bad, I got most of mine for around $3.

With the coupons it might be worth it for 1 or 2 games as a gamble here and there, but I do not believe in a shared responsibility principle for a business. Glyde is a business. They should run it professionally. This shared responsibility thing is just open for abuse from all sides IMO.

I don't think the seller should get screwed on every single transaction, I agree with that, but at the same time as a buyer the possibility of getting screwed over and then having to come out of my pocket to fix the situation just doesn't seem right.

Maybe I am a spoiled consumer.

If there was a better system in place I'd seriously consider using this service first for my used game needs.

Now it is as you said, nothing for than a place for a cheap gamble.

Just got my copy of Elite Beat Agents, and it looks great, original packaging and contents and everything. 30 cents including shipping.

Their checkout is secure. Website looks and works pretty fancy
5.gif

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Anybody ever sell anything on here? I'm thinking about putting up some junk that won't move, and if it does, great.[/QUOTE]

I sold a ton of stuff on there, both new and used. For the most part it's super convenient - you get an email that says something sold, you'll see an envelope 4 - 5 days later. You put your game in the envelope and the envelope in the mail and you're done! About 2 weeks later the money will be deposited in your account.

When things go south though, they can go south bad and it can get really frustrating. In one month I had:

- one buyer claim that a new/sealed game was not as described so they were refunded but never returned the item
- two packages mysteriously lost in the mail simultaneously (so I only got half of the original payment for them)
- several buyers I suppose never confirmed that they received items so it took reeeeeally long times to get the money from the sales.
- at one point in time it was also taking them up to a month after release date to allow you to sell something, but it looks like they may have fixed that
- during all of the problems customer service (which I think might just be one guy) was very helpful, although he did disappear for a week.

So go for it if you're interested. I think for the service they provide their cut is waaaay too much (considering the buyer/seller cover all material costs and then some), but it sure is easy when it goes right.

Any new $3 off or $5 off promo codes? I dig the prices on some of these games, could get a bigger discount than Gohastings on some games...

just received my copy of borderlands for the ps3! it came in perfect mint condition and i would highly recommend this site to everyone else.

My results (all discs/instructions/cases in very good condition, all prices include shipping, all came individual):

Ordered 1/31/10 Received 02/09/10 ($5 off new customer promo)

-Jade Empire xbox $0.14 complete

Ordered 1/31/10 Received 02/08/10 ($3 off promo)

-Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance xbox $0.89 complete
-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon xbox $0.89 no instructions
-Spider-Man: The Movie xbox $0.89 complete
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 xbox $0.89 complete
-NASCAR Thunder 2004 xbox $0.89 complete
-Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge xbox $0.89 complete
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind $1.14 complete
-NBA Live 07 xbox360 $1.31 complete

Ordered 1/31/10 Received 02/06/10 ($3 off promo)

-Madden NFL 08 xbox360 $1.06 complete

Yeah, I changed my stance on the site. All the games I have gotten so far have shipped pretty quickly and the prices were good. Not as good as all you guys with the sub dollar games, but pretty close.

Just placed an order, I really like the layout, hopefully it'll be a pleasant experience as they have some good prices on some games.

[quote name='handsomepete']I sold a ton of stuff on there, both new and used. For the most part it's super convenient - you get an email that says something sold, you'll see an envelope 4 - 5 days later. You put your game in the envelope and the envelope in the mail and you're done! About 2 weeks later the money will be deposited in your account.

When things go south though, they can go south bad and it can get really frustrating. In one month I had:

- one buyer claim that a new/sealed game was not as described so they were refunded but never returned the item
- two packages mysteriously lost in the mail simultaneously (so I only got half of the original payment for them)
- several buyers I suppose never confirmed that they received items so it took reeeeeally long times to get the money from the sales.
- at one point in time it was also taking them up to a month after release date to allow you to sell something, but it looks like they may have fixed that
- during all of the problems customer service (which I think might just be one guy) was very helpful, although he did disappear for a week.

So go for it if you're interested. I think for the service they provide their cut is waaaay too much (considering the buyer/seller cover all material costs and then some), but it sure is easy when it goes right.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the brief and informative rundown. I decided to throw the crap up there, and if it sells, that would be great. I definitely like the convenience of being able to put it up there, but then be able to remove it without a hassle or change the price or condition with ease.

My "good condition" copy of Capcom vs SNK 2 EO for Xbox looks like someone used it as a skateboard on gritty pavement.

And I must've been reading the wrong list, but I could have sworn it was on the 360 compatibility list, but it's not.

So 0-2 me.

[quote name='josh62488']i did some searching dtaker3 takes off 3 dollars for new customers...idk if that helps[/QUOTE]

tooo bad you cant use it more then once

found so far (handheld only)

DS (prices before shipping)

children of mana 3.00
contra 4 5.75
contact 4.00

PSP
god of war 6
rock band 8
castlevaina 6
star wars battle front 6
mlb the show 2009 5

For our purposes, it's too bad you can't sort by price. Good for them, though, considering you might get persuaded to buy something with a higher price tag while you're searching.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For our purposes, it's too bad you can't sort by price. Good for them, though, considering you might get persuaded to buy something with a higher price tag while you're searching.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure what their deal is with that. I think maybe they just try to trick people into buying things or make it hard to score the cheapest deals ever. Maybe they will eventually do it since their other prices can still be pretty decent even without the coupons.

I usually go to the Daily Deals section first because they tend to have the super cheap stuff there first, but it sells out quick.

Picked up Advent Children dvd for $0.86 after coupon - no complaints at all, definitely consider using them in the future when a new code comes out.

[quote name='GuardianE']Er, so the coupons are expired? Or would I have to create an account first to take advantage?[/QUOTE]

"Kotaku" is $3 off which just basically wipes out shipping.

ugh seems kotaku is only a 1 time use coupon...paid $39 for little big planet GOTY shipped (great deal)
but still
$36 dollars had a better ring to it :)

Well I took the plunge & purchased No More Heroes 2 for $29 shipped using the $3 Kotaku coupon. Here's hoping the game comes complete & in good shape *knocks on wood*

Ultimately, I think cash for your item is best, but if you plan to reuse that money for more of the same (movies, games, etc.), you might as well get the best bang for your buck. As for me, I'm a video game-loving fanatic. I trade/buy all of my games on playSwitch.com because although they use a system consisting of sbucks in place of actual money, you get more for your game, so it's a better deal.

If wanted to sell some games to put snow tires on my car, that's probably not the best place to sell my games. Although if I want to trade a game I'm finished for sbucks for buying another game I want, that's definitely my go-to-place for game trading.

You must either own that site or be getting a piece of the action to advertise, because I just looked at your posting history and, besides the site's logo and name being plastered all over your profile, almost all of the posts mention the site. It's bad enough that you do it all the time, but at least be honest about your intentions. Don't pretend to just be another user. We know you just aren't so in love with that site that you mention it all the time and somehow work it into every post: "Oh, I got these games cheaper there!" "Oh, you will get more trading them in here!" "When I'm done with this game, I'm trading it in there!"

UPDATE:

Code UGO will give you $3 off your order. It said it was only for first time users, but I entered the code and it was valid, though I have yet to actually make a purchase. I assume it is one time use but I have not tested that either.

Seems as the site gets press time they give out codes as a promo.

Could do that, or you could just get a virtual number from your credit card company, if that feature is available. I know a number of my cards have that for online shopping.

hey anyone know if theres a way to contact seller directly?
theres a game i really want...the condition is listed as "good" but im concerned it wont come with original case and art...am I just gonna have to take the risk or is there a way to confirm product details.

Any more experiences with being a seller on this site? There are a few games I have which I could get rid of and would get a better price here than on Goozex (sealed copy of fallout 3 for example). It looks pretty hassle free you don't even have to go buy shipping envelopes.

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back