Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
found age of empires 2 for the ds for 10 shipped would of paid 5 or 7 ... 10 is still too high for the backlog i got.. might be a good find for someone else (since its sort of hard to find)

Just picked up an Excellent copy of Eternal Sonata for around $13 with the $3 code. I'll update you all when I actually receive the game!

received LBP GOTY edition today for $36 shipped

everything great...games came complete and was in GREAT condition

about the 4th purchase from Glyde so far

only bad thing to say is my spiderman 3 collectors edition case has a small cut on front and there was food stain on the case (someone didn't wash their hands) :headache:

[quote name='brother bendu']Does anyone know any other codes. It seems like both of them are no longer valid.[/QUOTE]

YEAP even UGO is dead...man should of used it last night : (

Just recieved Crackdown - I payed $4, and selected "Good" condition. Although I havent put the disc in yet, it has full manual, box (even the LIVE code), and the disc looks just as good as my discs at home do.

I am extremely impressed.

[quote name='kakashidude1']Ordered Battlefield Bad Company on the 25th for 6 dollars after the Kotaku coupon.[/QUOTE]

Hey I did the same thing. Kudos. I also got Party Animals for 3.81 with the UGO code.

[quote name='jeebert']Just bought Picross DS, I'll let y'all know how it goes...[/QUOTE]

Picross is a great game. I just got back into it again recently.

[quote name='Tha Doc']
I have already placed 2 more orders for Mass Effect ($12 after -$3 UGO code) and Dirt 2 ($18 but no more $3 off codes makes it $22 after shipping, still haven't seen it online anywhere at that price used) Both items listed as excellent condition. here's hoping for similiar quality in service and product.[/QUOTE]So, update on these. Mass Effect came, no problems so far with it. Disc wasn't in excellent condition (not so much scratches as a hazy looking film on the bottom -hard to explain), but it installed just fine.

Dirt 2 didn't arrive, instead I paid for the original Dirt which arrived today. That's not what was advertised and not what is currently in my transactions page.
I've sent an email to glyde but yet to hear back. I plan on sending the game back but what makes this a bad deal is I ran out of the $3 off codes so now I'm prolly gonna be out shipping, aswell as an additional split shipping fee for sending it back:
Total payment on 02/21/10
$22.31
Less non-refundable original shipping
-$3.81
Less 1/2 return shipping cost
-$2.75

Total Refund Amount
$15.75
Looks like I just paid $6.56 to rent Dirt for a couple days. :drool: And I still haven't found a deal for Dirt 2. Really wanted it... :bomb:

Well I think I'm about to have my first bad Glyde experience as well (though it's not their fault). I ordered that disc-only Prototype a few weeks ago and the tracking status hasn't updated at all. I got an email on the 27th with this:

"We contacted the seller and your game "Prototype" (order #1093357409 purchased on 2/13/10) should arrive by the middle of next week. We apologize for the delay. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]."

It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but the USPS tracking info still says "electronic info received" or whatever. Bummer. If it doesn't come in tomorrow I'm just going to ask for a refund because this is ridiculous.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Well I think I'm about to have my first bad Glyde experience as well (though it's not their fault). I ordered that disc-only Prototype a few weeks ago and the tracking status hasn't updated at all. I got an email on the 27th with this:

"We contacted the seller and your game "Prototype" (order #1093357409 purchased on 2/13/10) should arrive by the middle of next week. We apologize for the delay. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]."

It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but the USPS tracking info still says "electronic info received" or whatever. Bummer. If it doesn't come in tomorrow I'm just going to ask for a refund because this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]All my orders via USPS didn't update until the day the games got to my PO and went out for delivery. My last one wasn't supposed to arrive till tomorrow but I got it today and I thought it was gonna be longer since I've been steadily checking the USPS tracker which up until yesterday still read " electronic info received". It came from CA to TN, didnt track till it got here... on any of them:roll:

I've bought and sold on Glyde and have found the mailers can take unusually long to get to the seller too. I sold two games on 2/26 and I am still waiting for the mailer to arrive.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I've bought and sold on Glyde and have found the mailers can take unusually long to get to the seller too. I sold two games on 2/26 and I am still waiting for the mailer to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. I usually don't expect my Glyde games for 10-14 days, but this one is going on 18 days with no update at all. Frustrating.

Ordered both rock band 1 and crackdown in excellent cond for 360 using the codes for $14.62 on 2/24. Received them both on 3/2. Took all of 4 business days to get. Very impressed with the quick shipping. Crackdown did not come with instructions, just the map insert. Both games have only a couple of very fine scratches, cases are perfect, and they both play perfect. Will order from glyde again!

I just sold a game on Glyde and was surprised at how smooth it was. Great service I'd be happy to use again.

(Tagging this for coupon codes. :) )

just got medal of honor rising sun & FF7 advent children in great shape for around $4 combined. no bad experiences yet

got both of my games... happy with the service... be more happy if there was more coupons though ... doubt i would ever pay full price

I think I've used up all the active coupons, just got Disgaea DS (never played the PS2 game, heard it's great) for $12 shipped after the glyde2 coupon, which contrary to what descriptions of it I've seen have said, is $2 off the first time you use the coupon, not just your first purchase on the site.

Hopefully they get some new coupons soon.

I like the snazzy mailers they ship out to you. I did realize that receiving a package with "Glyde" written on it might send the wrong message to the mailman.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I like the snazzy mailers they ship out to you. I did realize that receiving a package with "Glyde" written on it might send the wrong message to the mailman.[/QUOTE]

No different than a dog sending a message to the mailman by tearing his testicles off for not delivering a glyde package on time thus keeping a CAG waiting....

I saw Spider-Man Web of Shadows for 360 for $12 bucks before coupons so I bit. Ended up using DTAKER3 and got $3 bucks off to make it a cool $9.xx.

Hopefully I get my game in a timely manner.

So far I am very happy with this site. I have gotten three of my four purchases so far (all within a week or less) and the fourth should be here monday. Everything is actually shipping much faster than I thought it would. Great prices too, just waiting for new coupons.

Note for sellers, I just had a game that was purchased from my collection, but for some reason the purchase price that registered on it wasn't the one that I thought I put on it to sell. For details, it was New Super Mario Bros and I thought I remember putting $27 on there as a price and it showed a sale at $23. However there's no way to check what I had on it previously as a price as it doesn't show anything in your collection. Fair Warning folks.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Note for sellers, I just had a game that was purchased from my collection, but for some reason the purchase price that registered on it wasn't the one that I thought I put on it to sell. For details, it was New Super Mario Bros and I thought I remember putting $27 on there as a price and it showed a sale at $23. However there's no way to check what I had on it previously as a price as it doesn't show anything in your collection. Fair Warning folks.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean your profit? The mailer is $1.25 and they collect 10% which would be about $2.70... $27 - (1.25 + 2.70) = $23

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Do you mean your profit? The mailer is $1.25 and they collect 10% which would be about $2.70... $27 - (1.25 + 2.70) = $23[/QUOTE]

No, I understand that, I've sold a couple things before this one that went fine; I mean that I thought I had put at $27 sale price, showed up as $23 sale price so then I'd get $19 profit instead of the $23 profit.

I don't really care as much since it's only about 4 dollars, and it was just sitting around anyway, but I'm definitely going to be keeping a closer eye on my set prices vs. the sold prices.

I am having my first bad experience on Glyde (my 2nd transaction).

I sold a brand new/sealed Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. It was described as new and sold as new. I mailed it out as soon as I got the envelope. I kept an eye on the tracking info and 4 days after the item was received I get a notification saying the game is being returned because it was "not as described". I'm sorry but sealed means sealed and now I am paying another $2.75 to pay for the return and losing the sale. This is now costing me $4 total.

Why do I feel like I just paid half of a rental fee, cause I fully expect to receive the game back unsealed. Sounds like the buyer got it..played it...found out they didn't like it and is returning it with false reasoning. And I have no recourse.

I immediately took all my games off the site.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I am having my first bad experience on Glyde (my 2nd transaction).

I sold a brand new/sealed Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. It was described as new and sold as new. I mailed it out as soon as I got the envelope. I kept an eye on the tracking info and 4 days after the item was received I get a notification saying the game is being returned because it was "not as described". I'm sorry but sealed means sealed and now I am paying another $2.75 to pay for the return and losing the sale. This is now costing me $4 total.

Why do I feel like I just paid half of a rental fee, cause I fully expect to receive the game back unsealed. Sounds like the buyer got it..played it...found out they didn't like it and is returning it with false reasoning. And I have no recourse.

I immediately took all my games off the site.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, most sites favor heavily over the buyer. I've had this happen to me on amazon also.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Unfortunately, most sites favor heavily over the buyer. I've had this happen to me on amazon also.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. I guess sites like these just aren't worth it. Too much risk and the reward is always limited to begin with.

What chaps me is the zero communication with the buyer and no kind of feedback system. Scammers paradise imo. The answer I got from Glyde is "In order to ensure a safe environment, Glyde keeps track of transaction patterns involving returned items." This is so vague that it doesn't seem to promote a safe environment at all. How many times does this happen before action is taken?

I just made my first order with Glyde, $1.72 shipped for a disc only copy of REIV for GC. If it comes great, but not a big loss if it doesn't.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Sad but true. I guess sites like these just aren't worth it. Too much risk and the reward is always limited to begin with.

What chaps me is the zero communication with the buyer and no kind of feedback system. Scammers paradise imo. The answer I got from Glyde is "In order to ensure a safe environment, Glyde keeps track of transaction patterns involving returned items." This is so vague that it doesn't seem to promote a safe environment at all. How many times does this happen before action is taken?[/QUOTE]

Additionally, this measure doesn't do much to protect an individual seller from being swindled by multiple users, although it does protect the seller pool overall.

Ordered 3 PSP games. They all came in as the description said. 2 came in as 'excellent', and might as well have been new. The 'good' one came in without a booklet, a joint on the UMD plastic was broken, and the case was covered in sticker residue. But nevertheless it ran perfectly so I can't complain with saving money.

Got my 97 cent, disc-only copy of Kung Fu Panda. Came a day before the ETA. The turn around isn't bad, considering the nature of the side. The disc was not in the best of shape. Mainly just light scratches.

Just got my copy of Battlefield Bad Company, it came with a CoD4 disc inside (along with the BC disc) for some reason. Probably to make up for the fact that BC didn't come in it's original case, but I doubt it. I also doubt it was a mistake. Anyway, for 6 dollars (with the Kotaku coupon), great deal.

bread's done
Back