Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']Is everything on this site complete? I really want to order a certain Wii game but I don't know if it comes with the original case and manual...[/QUOTE]

It depends on the listed condition. Disc only is obvious, Good may not have the instructions, but Excellent should have both.

Yeah, you can use the Glyde8 code and get ~$3 off, depending on the sale price.. As long as you buy new or excellent you should get both instructions and original box.

i wanted to sell my ps1 FF VIII and IX they let me sell the soundtracks and guides but not the games themselves also dont let you sell HDDVD

ever since you was shown this site I've dealt with them quite periodically; this site is legit and easy

[quote name='TLPRIME']UPDATE #2

I heard back from Glyde and they said the item doesn't show tracking info because apparently the buyer hasn't mailed me the return yet (8 days after the fact.)

Glyde also told me his complaint was "The game was obviously re-sealed and all the discs were very scratched." Ummmm no. It was a brand new game from Amazon.com so he's obviously full of crap.

Glyde has requested for the buyer to send them the game so they can inspect it and they have refunded me for all fees and also reimbursed me for the price of the sale. Sounds good by me so far.

It's a my word vs. his scenario, but since he claimed it not as described and still hasn't mailed me my game back it makes him look very suspicious and Glyde has sided with me for the time being. I'm not sure what, if anything, will change once they receive the game for their own inspection.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm siding with the buyer, but Lost Odyssey does have different packaging than most games from what I can remember. It might look like it was resealed, and the discs are smushed together which can produce scratches even if the case has never been opened. I know my discs had slight surface scratches due to the packaging, and reports of more severe scratches aren't unheard of.. I don't think you should take any responsibility for that, but it may be a plausible explanation to your situation.

Been using the site for a few months now just started selling on there a few low items here and there thank you TLPRIME for your story and recent updates. It makes me feel a lot better about the site both in terms of buying/selling and there willingness (albeit late) to set the record straight. I know that gamers are the main buyers/sellers on that site and am sure they have seen stuff like what has happened to you before. But all in all thanks for sharing and just my 2 cents I have never had a game I ordered be delivered in anything but playable condition and for half what you would pay at gamestop.

[quote name='sunghost']Not that I'm siding with the buyer, but Lost Odyssey does have different packaging than most games from what I can remember. It might look like it was resealed, and the discs are smushed together which can produce scratches even if the case has never been opened. I know my discs had slight surface scratches due to the packaging, and reports of more severe scratches aren't unheard of.. I don't think you should take any responsibility for that, but it may be a plausible explanation to your situation.[/QUOTE]

I will concede that the discs may have had some scratches due to the packaging, but I held the game in my hands and nothing about it looked "re-sealed". Add to the fact that 8 days after the buyer reported it for return and it's still not mailed just looks bad.

I mis-quoted the email also. The buyer said it looked "self-sealed". Which is still bs. It looked like any other new game with the Xbox stickers still on it.

Not sure about this site, anyone else willing to bite the bullet on this and get in contact with the site founders?

[quote name='Uncool']Not sure about this site, anyone else willing to bite the bullet on this and get in contact with the site founders?[/QUOTE]

I ordered mass effect 2, new, on glyde for ~52 shipped. Worked great, however shipping was a tad slow. GREAT website.

[quote name='Uncool']Not sure about this site, anyone else willing to bite the bullet on this and get in contact with the site founders?[/QUOTE]

What aren't you sure about? If its legit or not? Read the thread

[quote name='Drabelincoln']What aren't you sure about? If its legit or not? Read the thread[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure what that poster was talking about either. We've all already bitten the bullet on this one.

Anyway, a feature they need to add is an e-mailed warning to let you know that someone has posted a game you're selling at a lower price. If it's a quarter or two, I'm sure a lot of us just drop the game a bit to keep it as the first one to sell.

Ordered a couple cheap item last week on Tues, and they arrived today. All of the games are in excellent condition. I got the Mega Man Anniversary collection for XBOX complete for 10.25 shipped, and a couples others. Very happy with the site.

[quote name='TLPRIME']UPDATE #2

I heard back from Glyde and they said the item doesn't show tracking info because apparently the buyer hasn't mailed me the return yet (8 days after the fact.)

Glyde also told me his complaint was "The game was obviously re-sealed and all the discs were very scratched." Ummmm no. It was a brand new game from Amazon.com so he's obviously full of crap.

Glyde has requested for the buyer to send them the game so they can inspect it and they have refunded me for all fees and also reimbursed me for the price of the sale. Sounds good by me so far.

It's a my word vs. his scenario, but since he claimed it not as described and still hasn't mailed me my game back it makes him look very suspicious and Glyde has sided with me for the time being. I'm not sure what, if anything, will change once they receive the game for their own inspection.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE #3

I received my game back today. The buyer had claimed that all 4 discs had lots of scratches. Well he/she was half right. 2 of the discs had some pretty minor scratches/scuffs (probably from how it's packaged at the factory with 3 of the discs stacked on the spindle). The other 2 discs are pristine.

Glyde asked me to describe the condition of everything in detail, so I did. Now waiting to hear back. imo, this seems to fall under their policy of buyers should have reasonable expectations when it comes to condition. I haven't tested the discs yet, but I really doubt it would effect ow they play. I have seen far far far worse condition discs run great.

I will give Glyde some credit here as they seem to be doing what they can to remedy the situation. They did refund me all the fees and reimbursed me for the sale. Not really sure if they can turn around and say sorry but the 2 discs are scratched we're taking the money back...can they? lol

Anyway I doubt I will sell there anymore regardless how it turns out. Too much of a pain in the butt for me.

Thanks, Square. I have some credit for selling off some PS2 games. I was going to transfer it to my PP account, but maybe I'll just burn it on their site and use the coupon.

Anyway, I really wish we could contact sellers, because I'd love to talk to the guy who put a copy of MLB 10 for $79.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Anyway, a feature they need to add is an e-mailed warning to let you know that someone has posted a game you're selling at a lower price. If it's a quarter or two, I'm sure a lot of us just drop the game a bit to keep it as the first one to sell.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and they need to not print the contents of the package on the shipping label. Having a package that is labeled Call of Duty MW 2 Excellent condition seems to scream steal me.

Got my copy of Infinite Discovery today. Excellent condition. Very pleased with the site. Should be getting Front Mission 4 tomorrow.

Has anyone sold anything on Glyde? I've shipped out nine games last Tuesday and have only been paid for one of them (on Saturday).

[quote name='CSKit']Has anyone sold anything on Glyde? I've shipped out nine games last Tuesday and have only been paid for one of them (on Saturday).[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it takes awhile. After the person actually receives the game, they get an e-mail alert to "rate" it. If they rate it positively, you get your money. If they don't, well, then the fun begins. If they don't respond to the e-mail at all, it takes a few days for the money to appear.

[quote name='United_Korea']Can you use the money you get from selling to buy other games on glyde like using credits?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, and it takes awhile. After the person actually receives the game, they get an e-mail alert to "rate" it. If they rate it positively, you get your money. If they don't, well, then the fun begins. If they don't respond to the e-mail at all, it takes a few days for the money to appear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just received my second payment. Just added a bunch of TPB's.

Figured I would add my experience with Glyde to the thread. As I mentioned earlier, I ordered an "Excellent" condition copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii for about $33 shipped. It just arrived today and I must say, I'm impressed. I'm not sure how Glyde normally works (i.e. regarding items being sold and fulfilled by third-party sellers) but my game arrived in a Glyde-branded bubble mailer (not just the shipping label, but the whole mailer envelope, so it must have come directly from them I would think.

Anyway, the game, case, cover art, manual, and insert promo cards are all intact and in like-new condition. I have to say I was VERY skeptical placing my order, but am very satisfied with the results. I'll definitely be giving them another whirl.

Now... if I could only figure out where in the heck to enter these promo codes people are talking about....

[quote name='scott_matthews']Figured I would add my experience with Glyde to the thread. As I mentioned earlier, I ordered an "Excellent" condition copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii for about $33 shipped. It just arrived today and I must say, I'm impressed. I'm not sure how Glyde normally works (i.e. regarding items being sold and fulfilled by third-party sellers) but my game arrived in a Glyde-branded bubble mailer (not just the shipping label, but the whole mailer envelope, so it must have come directly from them I would think.

Anyway, the game, case, cover art, manual, and insert promo cards are all intact and in like-new condition. I have to say I was VERY skeptical placing my order, but am very satisfied with the results. I'll definitely be giving them another whirl.

Now... if I could only figure out where in the heck to enter these promo codes people are talking about....[/QUOTE]

It comes from the seller, they send the seller their branded bubble mailer so they can control the shipping in case there's any problems. To enter a promo code when you're on an item page it says "Have A Coupon Code?" and so you click that and enter the coupon code and hit apply.

[quote name='Buzzman']Just bought an excellent copy of Dead Rising for $5.[/QUOTE]

hey, me too.

also my experience was good. got Gears Of War mint for < $5 shipped. Looked great. Didn't play it yet, but i trust it that much.

now only if there were more $3 off coupons for existing customers...

[quote name='[email protected]']hey, me too.

also my experience was good. got Gears Of War mint for < $5 shipped. Looked great. Didn't play it yet, but i trust it that much.

now only if there were more $3 off coupons for existing customers...[/QUOTE]
wow, gears of war for $5 sounds really good, may pick it up.

The way it works is if you post a game and someone buys it glyde mail's you a mailer inside a bigger mailer both branded with glyde logo's they never handle the item being sold unless there is some kind of dispute like the one posted earlier in this thread where they will ask to see said item to verify. Also someone earlier in this thread had asked about removing there CC info from there site. I talked with someone from glyde.com and they explained that at this moment there is no way to remove CC information from the site without emailing them and having the whole account removed. They said it is something there working on.

I ordered an excellent copy of rockstar table tennis x360 for $3.31, i hope its a complete copy.

[quote name='Bartboy']The way it works is if you post a game and someone buys it glyde mail's you a mailer inside a bigger mailer both branded with glyde logo's they never handle the item being sold unless there is some kind of dispute like the one posted earlier in this thread where they will ask to see said item to verify. Also someone earlier in this thread had asked about removing there CC info from there site. I talked with someone from glyde.com and they explained that at this moment there is no way to remove CC information from the site without emailing them and having the whole account removed. They said it is something there working on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking them about the cc info.

Just got my "Excellent" Family Guy volume 3 boxset for 4.50 (with no coupon codes!) +shipping for a total of 7.50. Man, I love this site.

[quote name='Interfeci']Not sure if i'm doing it wrong, but MYCOUP3 is an 'Invalid Coupon Code' whenever I try to enter it.[/QUOTE]

yeh, when I type it in, it works. But then when I go to check out it says it can't apply the coupon?

Edit: Although "MYCOUP3" didn't work for me "DTAKER3" did.

[quote name='GenPirate']It comes from the seller, they send the seller their branded bubble mailer so they can control the shipping in case there's any problems. To enter a promo code when you're on an item page it says "Have A Coupon Code?" and so you click that and enter the coupon code and hit apply.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info GenPirate! Wow, they actually send sellers bubble mailers? That's pretty slick.

[quote name='CSKit']Has anyone sold anything on Glyde? I've shipped out nine games last Tuesday and have only been paid for one of them (on Saturday).[/QUOTE]

I'm in the process of selling my 3rd game on there. The other two I didn't have any issues with, other than a long turn around time, since Glyde has to send the mailers to me, then I have to mail them to the people it's going to. Then you have to wait for the buyers to OK the items to actually receive your payment.

But in Glyde's defense, it's a lot easier to use than trying to sell on Ebay or Half.com and then having to worry about buying shipping supplies, or worrying about paying postage or weighing an item. I just drop it in the mailbox and it's done.

I had a seller issue with a game not being delivered (in delivery limbo) for 2 weeks, then out of no where it went through and posted... problem avoided. That makes 9 for 9 sold successfully.

Yay Glyde!

It's not likely to sell at above market price. Though what was odd was one that I was told was above market price, even though it was the only one currently available for sale on the site, of any quality.

[quote name='Jay']I ordered an excellent copy of rockstar table tennis x360 for $3.31, i hope its a complete copy.[/QUOTE]

Iordered a "good" copy of this game and it came with case and manual. Game plays great. Would do business with Glyde again prob. Came exaclty when they said it would as well

[quote name='TLPRIME']UPDATE #3

I received my game back today. The buyer had claimed that all 4 discs had lots of scratches. Well he/she was half right. 2 of the discs had some pretty minor scratches/scuffs (probably from how it's packaged at the factory with 3 of the discs stacked on the spindle). The other 2 discs are pristine.

Glyde asked me to describe the condition of everything in detail, so I did. Now waiting to hear back. imo, this seems to fall under their policy of buyers should have reasonable expectations when it comes to condition. I haven't tested the discs yet, but I really doubt it would effect ow they play. I have seen far far far worse condition discs run great.

I will give Glyde some credit here as they seem to be doing what they can to remedy the situation. They did refund me all the fees and reimbursed me for the sale. Not really sure if they can turn around and say sorry but the 2 discs are scratched we're taking the money back...can they? lol

Anyway I doubt I will sell there anymore regardless how it turns out. Too much of a pain in the butt for me.[/QUOTE]

FINAL UPDATE:

Glyde is sending me a mailer to send them the game. They are going to keep it since they reimbursed me for the sale and all fees, which is fine. Case in considered closed.

Overall good customer service I have to say. Only bad thing I could say is they can be a bit slow on answering emails as it initially took about a week to get a dialogue going. But they actually took the time to answer questions I had and I never received a canned or automated response. So you are actually talking to real people it seems.

Wow, I can't believe I've never checked this out before. Great deals on some older games. Although this is definitely not the place to look for Criterion Collection DVD deals. Oh well, can't push your luck that far.

My Dead Rising came in 4 days after I bought it for $5 looks brand new. Love this site. 5 successful purchases.

Yesterday I got 4 mailers in the mail for sold games, the odd thing is the games all sold over a 4 day period, but all the mailers came at once. Thats the second time Ive received multiple mailers in the mail on the same day even though the games were all sold days apart. It's almost as if they wait to ship them out together every few days?

Still loving glyde though, ~15 transactions all went well.

received my first order today, trauma center: under the knife. the boxart had water damage, which wasn't that noticeable, i only discovered it after taking the boxart out to remove a small piece of hair from underneath the plastic covering the art. all of the other contents were fine, not sure if i should consider that "excellent condition" but i guess i don't care about it much considering it was only $8.

i'm still waiting to receive chrono trigger, which i had ordered a couple hours before trauma center, the tracking info just says "Electronic Shipping Info Received", don't know if i should be worried? ordered it on the 13th, expected delivery is the 23rd.

[quote name='sunghost']i'm still waiting to receive chrono trigger, which i had ordered a couple hours before trauma center, the tracking info just says "Electronic Shipping Info Received", don't know if i should be worried? ordered it on the 13th, expected delivery is the 23rd.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry they won't charge you if the seller does not send the game. When they email you to check to see if you got it let them know you didn't.

bread's done
Back