Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metallicoholic']but my question is, after a game does sell, what kind of time frame am I looking at for actually getting the envelope, the customer receiving the package, and me getting the funds?[/QUOTE]

3 days to get the mailer to you, 0-1 days for you to get the game in the envelope and out again, 3 days to get the game to the buyer, and 0-2 days to get your funds, depending on whether the buyer logs in and accepts, or waits for the 2 day time out period. Minus any Sundays or holidays.

Looking over all my transactions, Sale Date to Funds Received has averaged 11 days.

Well, it looks like the game I thought to be a lost cause may show up yet - just really, really late.

Got this e-mail a few minutes ago:

Dear David,

We contacted the seller and the item "Etrian Odyssey" (order #XXXXXXXXX purchased on 8/18/11) should arrive by the end of this week. We apologize for the delay. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Thanks again for using Glyde.

The Glyde Team

I hadn't e-mailed them on it, I suppose they check on orders that never show up on tracking themselves after a bit.

They're legit. I sell and buy stuff from here all the time and deposit all my credit into my bank account. Sometimes they beat Amazon's prices.

Duke Nukem on 360 - $17.75 shipped before coupon, so probably $12.75. I've played it already, someone else should jump on it.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Well, it looks like the game I thought to be a lost cause may show up yet - just really, really late.

Got this e-mail a few minutes ago:

Dear David,

We contacted the seller and the item "Etrian Odyssey" (order #XXXXXXXXX purchased on 8/18/11) should arrive by the end of this week. We apologize for the delay. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Thanks again for using Glyde.

The Glyde Team

I hadn't e-mailed them on it, I suppose they check on orders that never show up on tracking themselves after a bit.[/QUOTE]

one game took a month to get to me.... its up to whenever the seller wants to ship it

i've had mostly good experiences, both as a buyer and seller. a lot depends on how honest or reliable the seller is and how important it is to get the item into the mail upon receiving mailer. usually i only have to wait max 2 weeks from beginning to end of transaction. Although i've had some run as long as 1+ month, due to delay in shipping via seller.

Customer service has always been great in those cases.

Someone had L.A. Noire for xbox 360 listed, new, for 50 cents. Do you think there's even a slight chance that I end up receiving anything aside from, perhaps, an empty envelope?

I decided it was worth gambling anyway.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Duke Nukem on 360 - $17.75 shipped before coupon, so probably $12.75. I've played it already, someone else should jump on it.[/QUOTE]

i might jump on that. Would you say it's worth it?

[quote name='Skydude']Someone had L.A. Noire for xbox 360 listed, new, for 50 cents. Do you think there's even a slight chance that I end up receiving anything aside from, perhaps, an empty envelope?

I decided it was worth gambling anyway.[/QUOTE]

go for it. then when it is canceled or never arrives contact cs and tell them to ban that alt account which is likely used to screw with the pricing system.

[quote name='slidecage']i think that is something new they added in the past weeks month[/QUOTE]

Yeah never noticed it before. I had $41 in my account so I decided to get a 1st gen nook (w/ 3g) which cost me $10 out of pocket. Kind of an impulse purchase, as I have a tablet I use for e-reading but I always liked the nook. If I don't like it I can probably resell it. I notice it goes for over $100 still on ebay so as long as it's in good condition I should get my money back and then some

[quote name='Gamer SDP']go for it. then when it is canceled or never arrives contact cs and tell them to ban that alt account which is likely used to screw with the pricing system.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it, just in case it somehow goes through (though as I said...I'm rather doubtful). You're probably right in your assessment, that's probably exactly what it is. I wonder if they'll be able to map it to an existing account and ban that one as well.

[quote name='tightclaws']Damn Still not shipped my Deus Ex, I thought if I had bought it new it would ship right away... I hope I don't get burned.[/QUOTE]
I have bought and sold on there alot. They first have to ship the sleeve to the seller, then he has to ship it to you. It can take up to a week and a half on average. Slow, but its a great site.

The code only works towards the cost of the actual product, not including shipping. And this is not worth the high cost of shipping these people are charging. I was interested in Ar Tonelico, and the seller wanted $7.83 to ship it. Am I paying for his car to be inspected before he can drive to the post office? Got my hopes up for nothing.

[quote name='Blade']The code only works towards the cost of the actual product, not including shipping. And this is not worth the high cost of shipping these people are charging. I was interested in Ar Tonelico, and the seller wanted $7.83 to ship it. Am I paying for his car to be inspected before he can drive to the post office? Got my hopes up for nothing.[/QUOTE]

i see at as just subtract $1 off the total price of the item since shipping is $4.

[quote name='Blade']The code only works towards the cost of the actual product, not including shipping. And this is not worth the high cost of shipping these people are charging. I was interested in Ar Tonelico, and the seller wanted $7.83 to ship it. Am I paying for his car to be inspected before he can drive to the post office? Got my hopes up for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think sellers get to set shipping prices; think it's by weight. And I forget who's paying for the Glyde mailer.

I got my Nook Reader (first gen) from Glyde today! The device looks brand new. No scratches, scuffs or anything. It's shiny and quite nice. I took a few pics, though the lighting in my room sucks so they didn't come out that well

nooksplash.jpg

Some pics are hidden behind spoiler tags

nookreader.jpg

The device comes in a Glyde box, the top has a foam g for support. Stylish, but probably not functional. The device itself is well cushioned in foam. It just comes with the Nook reader and the AC/USB adapter. Pay no mind to my messy desk

nookbram.jpg

Setting up the device was a breeze. I already had a nook account from the nook android app so I just had to login and all my books were there. I set up my WiFi easily too.

This is my first experience with E-ink at home (I've seen it under brightly lit situations at the store) and I was a bit worried that it wouldn't show up well in my lower lit setting but it looks very nice. It's quite easy on the eyes and will definitely be easier to read than my tablet after a long day.

You navigate through menus using the little touchscreen LCD at the bottom. It's not the fastest or most responsive touchscreen I've used but it seems to get the job done. There's also buttons on the edge to navigate through the books you're reading

nookcag.jpg

The device has a built-in web browser, but it's a bit sluggish to load pages over WiFi. You can see CAG above. You navigate using the bottom screen which works pretty well all things considered.

nookblu.jpg

nookblu2s.jpg

Here's a size comparison with a Blu-ray of mine. As you can see it's a very thin device. It feels really nice in the hand, the back has a soft material that I imagine will be comfortable to grasp for hours at a time.

My first impressions of it are very positive. Glyde sells the WiFi for just $38.50 ($48.26 after shipping) and the 3G model, which I bought, for $46.25 ($56.01 after shipping) I also used a $5 coupon that was posted here. That's really quite a bargain for a solid E-reader like this. I still plan to use my tablet for reading too, but I can definitely see myself using the Nook in its place in different situations. It'll save my tablet's battery, and as mentioned, it'll be easier on my eyes. I'm not 100% sure if I'll keep it. I may test out the resale market and see how much I can get for it (damn you games and bills!).

Not sure why I wrote all that out, but hopefully it helps someone with their decision. They also have Kindles for under $50 too if you'd rather go that route.

Check them out here: http://glyde.com/stores/glyde#!display_as=2&vert=tablets&page=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i sell a game that came in a bundle.Like the gears of war 3 xbox bundle.I got the epic edition so i dont need the regular game?

I ordered Metal Gear Solid 4 with the IGOTFIVE promo code but my gf tried to purchase Folklore with the same code on her account and it worked up until she clicked buy now and it charged my card the full price, what's up with that? She mailed customer service asking what the deal was. Is it because we used the same credit card? If so that's pretty lame, sure it's only $5.00 but still. :(

Just used IGOTFIVE to order enslaved for $12.xx shipped, not bad. I have been meaning to get this I've herd its good but highly underrated.

[quote name='iwannadie']Just used IGOTFIVE to order enslaved for $12.xx shipped, not bad. I have been meaning to get this I've herd its good but highly underrated.[/QUOTE]
Hey thanks for the code! I used it to pick up the Star Wars original trilogy on blu for about 23 bucks.

[quote name='sweetg1223']Hey thanks for the code! I used it to pick up the Star Wars original trilogy on blu for about 23 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't think to check for SW on bluray...

[quote name='iwannadie']Just used IGOTFIVE to order enslaved for $12.xx shipped, not bad. I have been meaning to get this I've herd its good but highly underrated.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty good game, there are a couple of pain in the ass sections but all games have those. When you beat the game be sure to wear a bib when they serve you that big bowl of WTF.

I was able to use the IGOTFIVE code to get Singularity (Excellent Condition) for $8.50.

Very happy with this. I have used Glyde to both buy and sell and it is a good site except for the delayed shipping.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was able to use the IGOTFIVE code to get Singularity (Excellent Condition) for $8.50.

Very happy with this. I have used Glyde to both buy and sell and it is a good site except for the delayed shipping.[/QUOTE]

The shipping is a bit slow but you have to factor the envelope being mailed to the seller then the item coming to you, double the time really.

[quote name='proatthis26']Can i sell a game that came in a bundle.Like the gears of war 3 xbox bundle.I got the epic edition so i dont need the regular game?[/QUOTE]
I sold a "Not for Resale" copy of "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune" on Glyde after checking the terms and what-not on both Glyde & Amazon. Amazon does not allow "Not for Resale" copies to be traded in but I did not find anything stating against it on Glyde and it sold just fine. :bouncy:

It's amazing how fast prices jump, I was eyeing a few games today and now they have doubled in price. I got to find something to use the new $5 code with ha.

yeah prices look pretty high. i dont know what else to get. thinking madden 11 because im itching for an nfl game even though i hate madden usually.

bread's done
Back