Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Question, what are the odds that excellent condition resistance 3 includes online pass?[/QUOTE]

To be absolutely honest, I would assume that any item not sealed would already have things like DLC and online passes redeemed. There's always the chance that you'll get lucky, but it's going to be different from seller to seller.

[quote name='k0d1akattack']Wait, does the game run fine or does it have to be installed in order to run? Two different situations entirely and if it is the second one then I would not blame the buyer for anything.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see this post until now. The game ran fine both ways. It's now been returned to me and it still works fine. Oh well.

my last 2 transactions from them as a buyer has been horrible each time i had to email them and ask them where my game was . because my eta for the games i bought came and went each time.

each time they responded we will email the seller about the item and if they dont respond within 48hrs or we wil cancel the transaction. i ended up waiting 3 weeks just to get 1 of my games ..

Eh... I sell stuff on Glyde all the time and for some reason I can't bring myself not to include the online passes/DLC.

I flip a lot of crap and keep the unused DLC codes, but for instance I was debating whether to send my copies of Forza 4 and Arkham City with or without the codes and I just gave it to them... Goddamn guilty conscience.

The turnaround on transactions is terrible though. As a seller, I'm getting the bubble mailers a good 4-5 days after the item is sold. I really wish I could just print out my own labels/mails and have them credit me a fix amount.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Exactly, it's a good concept that is not being executed properly. They can either improve in certain areas and grow as a business or stay the course and die slowly -- just like any other business.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']You still haven't answered my question:

So how exactly are you taking advantage of them as a seller?

Are you screwing over buyers because Glyde somehow screwed you over?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested to know as well -- my guess is he's not shipping them out in a timely manner and just waits for an email from Glyde instructing him to send it or risk a voided transaction. I can't stand those types of sellers.

I have sold more than 40 games and movies on Glyde and bought maybe a half-dozen. Only one of the items was missing a manual when sold as "excellent" condition and contacting CS netted me a $3 code for a future purchase.

My overall experience with Glyde has been excellent.

Dipping my toe into this making first purchase (Golden Sun on DS - "Excellent" for $10+$3.50 S&H). I did not see an option for a code though like I do on many other sites (generally at checkout). Maybe I missed something about the way the process works. *shrugs shoulders*

It declined my card?!?

I have never had an issue at amazon, Gamefly, etc. with dozens of purchases on this card and certainly have more than $15 available on it. Hmmm, see what I can do here.

[quote name='ck76']It declined my card?!?

I have never had an issue at amazon, Gamefly, etc. with dozens of purchases on this card and certainly have more than $15 available on it. Hmmm, see what I can do here.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me on gamefly. i waited a day or two and then reordered the same item and it went through that time. Might be a different story. I feel we should give this site more love. The prices for used games are pretty good and arent as rare as amazon warehouse.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Anyone have a free shipping code that they aren't going to use?

I deleted my email :([/QUOTE]

holidayship. Has to be used on something $25 or higher. Or so they say. I haven't tried it out. Won't be using it.

[quote name='realkilla789']Save $5 off next purchase with code, "happyholidays"[/QUOTE]

10 dollar minimum. Glyde is taking the christ out of Christmas!

Atheist here.

hey CAGs, need a little advice:

i want to buy some new PSP games from glyde.com, but have never done biz w/them. their new items are described as 'factory sealed. never opened', but could the seller replace the UMD/manual with a bunch of junk & rewrap the case? when i open it up ('cuz there's no way to tell otherwise) to find i've been duped & want to return it, glyde.com/the seller says that *i'm* the one who did the switcharoo! do i have to make an unwrapping video as backup? or should i trust in my fellow man & think positive? what has been your experience w/glyde.com? TIA.

ps: no offense meant to any CAGs who sell on glyde.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ivana89']hey CAGs, need a little advice:

i want to buy some new PSP games from glyde.com, but have never done biz w/them. their new items are described as 'factory sealed. never opened', but could the seller replace the UMD/manual with a bunch of junk & rewrap the case? when i open it up ('cuz there's no way to tell otherwise) to find i've been duped & want to return it, glyde.com/the seller says that *i'm* the one who did the switcharoo! do i have to make an unwrapping video as backup? or should i trust in my fellow man & think positive? what has been your experience w/glyde.com? TIA.[/QUOTE]

yeah you are (even though I am but not as extreme). Funds are not transferred to the seller until the buyer confirms delivery or if several days after delivery (per tracking) pass. If there are problems contact CS as they are usually on the ball. Also if a transaction goes south after the mailer is sent to the seller, both buyer and seller split the costs.

I've only sold, never bought on glyde as their prices are a bit high due to shipping.

[quote name='ivana89']hey CAGs, need a little advice:

i want to buy some new PSP games from glyde.com, but have never done biz w/them. their new items are described as 'factory sealed. never opened', but could the seller replace the UMD/manual with a bunch of junk & rewrap the case? when i open it up ('cuz there's no way to tell otherwise) to find i've been duped & want to return it, glyde.com/the seller says that *i'm* the one who did the switcharoo! do i have to make an unwrapping video as backup? or should i trust in my fellow man & think positive? what has been your experience w/glyde.com? TIA.

ps: no offense meant to any CAGs who sell on glyde.com[/QUOTE]

Yea it could happen. If you want to play it safe go to amazon or ebay where you can see actual feedback.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I'm interested to know as well -- my guess is he's not shipping them out in a timely manner and just waits for an email from Glyde instructing him to send it or risk a voided transaction. I can't stand those types of sellers.

I have sold more than 40 games and movies on Glyde and bought maybe a half-dozen. Only one of the items was missing a manual when sold as "excellent" condition and contacting CS netted me a $3 code for a future purchase.

My overall experience with Glyde has been excellent.[/QUOTE]

I've sold over 25 items on Glyde and have had very good success also... There certainly are some things that I don't like about Glyde but that's true of every other website that I have bought/sold on as well including Half.com, Goozex.com and eBay.

My biggest complaint about selling on Glyde is the limitations that they place on what you can charge for items. Before you flame me, there are times when they have ZERO of something and the fair market price is much higher than their programmed limitations. Since they have zero available to buy, they should loosen the limits.

There's a new $5 off $10 or more code:

Enter coupon code 'lincoln5' to get $5 off any item over $10 from now through Presidents' Day! May only be used once per customer or household. Enter the code before clicking the 'Buy now' button. Offer ends midnight 2/20.

[quote name='sabanoo']There's a new $5 off $10 or more code:

Enter coupon code 'lincoln5' to get $5 off any item over $10 from now through Presidents' Day! May only be used once per customer or household. Enter the code before clicking the 'Buy now' button. Offer ends midnight 2/20.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this. I was able to get a brand new copy of the second season of Justified for $16.68 after using the code.

If anyone's interested, you could get the recently-released Rhythm Heaven Fever :)wii:) in new condition for about $22 with this code; that's kind of weird to me, considering how new it is and the fact that it's a Nintendo-published title...I'm willing to wait until I can find it in the $15-$20 range, though.

[quote name='Vigilante']If anyone's interested, you could get the recently-released Rhythm Heaven Fever :)wii:) in new condition for about $22 with this code; that's kind of weird to me, considering how new it is and the fact that it's a Nintendo-published title...I'm willing to wait until I can find it in the $15-$20 range, though.[/QUOTE]

It's MSRP is only $30 and a ton of people got in on a BestBuy.Com pricing glitch of $5 preorder which was there for months, so there is probably a flood of this game incoming as soon as people get their orders. It'll be $15-20 range in no time.

Enter coupon code 'lincoln5' to get $5 off any item over $10 from now through Presidents' Day! May only be used once per customer or household. Enter the code before clicking the 'Buy now' button. Offer ends midnight 2/20.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Got Fight Night: Lights Out, this is even better than the free shipping code.

Grabbed an excellent copy of EDF 2017 for $9.50 shipped. Was looking for it at Gamestop earlier and couldn't find it : )

Couldn't find any decent games I didn't have for a really good price, so I used the $5 off code to grab Dexter's Laboratory Season 1 new for $10.51 shipped. Almost bought it for $15 yesterday at Suncoast. Glad I waited.

Thanks for the new code, not many really good games to choose from, I did get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Xbox 360 for just over $28. Not bad considering I still had credit.

[quote name='esalw822']New copy of Alan Wake for $9.75 shipped. Not bad. I swear I only even look at Glyde if there's a new code to use...[/QUOTE]

Considering how often they have codes now I can't disagree with you there.

Thanks for posting the new coupon code, got Portal 2 excellent condition for $17.75 shipped.

Had $7 glyde credit so if the disc doesn't look like it's been tied to a bumper and dragged down the street then I'll be happy with the $10.75 I paid.

This might sound dumb, but can you only use the code once a day or just once overall? I used the "lincoln5" code for a bluray, and now it's telling me "Invalid coupon code" every time I try use again.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']This might sound dumb, but can you only use the code once a day or just once overall? I used the "lincoln5" code for a bluray, and now it's telling me "Invalid coupon code" every time I try use again.[/QUOTE]

Once overall. They track by address I believe.

Ah, ok. It's been years since I've used a coupon (I just used to sell my items on there and use the credit to buy the stuff I wanted). Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Bought The Big Lebowski bluray for $10.91. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

[quote name='kodave']It's MSRP is only $30 and a ton of people got in on a BestBuy.Com pricing glitch of $5 preorder which was there for months, so there is probably a flood of this game incoming as soon as people get their orders. It'll be $15-20 range in no time.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Are you sure that Best Buy is actually shipping these out? I remember seeing that listing on the site, asking here about it, and being told that's how they always handle preorders. I didn't believe it and should've placed the order, but didn't. Isn't it more likely they'd cancel these orders and maybe send out coupons as an apology? That's what happened with most of the backordered items that weren't fulfilled.

[quote name='whitereflection']Damn! Are you sure that Best Buy is actually shipping these out? I remember seeing that listing on the site, asking here about it, and being told that's how they always handle preorders. I didn't believe it and should've placed the order, but didn't. Isn't it more likely they'd cancel these orders and maybe send out coupons as an apology? That's what happened with most of the backordered items that weren't fulfilled.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are shipping them out because I am getting one. I ordered months ago. A day or two after release I got an email saying my order was backordered, but then a day or two after that it shipped.

Best Buy has been honoring extreme pricing mistakes for a while now. I got Big Love the Complete Series on DVD for like $20 or $25 or something, and that mistake was up for several days before it was corrected and BB honored all of those orders.

Apparently in store, Best Buy takes $5 for pre-orders, but that's not how it works online. Online you pay the full price even for pre-orders. Someone screwed up and put $5 as the full price. Best Buy has decided to honor that.

Thanks for sharing! Code worked great!

I've been eyeing Uncharted 1 (I have the second but didnt want to start it till I got a hold of the first) but didnt want to pay over $10. Price was $10.25, after $5 code and shipping I ended up paying $8.66. Thanks for whoever posted the lincoln5 code :).

bread's done
Back