God of War Collection Vita / PS3 Free on PSN (Plus Required, Semi-Alive Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralvic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
How to get God of War Collection for FREE

1. Head to the storefront.
  2. Get the free full game trials (PS+ required) for God of War HD and God of War II HD on the PS3.
  3. Finally head to the God of War Collection page, and select the PS Vita version. It should be free and upon purchasing it, you'll get that and the PS3 version of God of War Collection for free.

The above method is apparently dead, but a number of people have confirmed it still works if you got the PS3 trials and buy it via the PS Vita Store.

Check your Vitas PS Store if you got in on the PS3 trials. It just poped up free for me!!!!

What if I already own God of War I/II digitally?

If you already own both games, then you can simply purchase the Vita version. Sony confirmed a while back that the title supported Cross-Buy, so you can do this regardless of the glitch. This also applies to people who scored I/II from the other glitch, so those people got really lucky.

About the file size

In this and the other topic, a few people have wondered about the games 15.5 GB file size. This total comes from the combined total of both the PS3 version and PS Vita version of God of War. For those wondering about the actual file sizes, you can find them below.

It's just the combined total of the PS3 and Vita version.

• God of War Collection Vita - 3.1 GB
  • God of War I PS3 - 5.9 GB
  • God of War II PS3 - 6.5 GB
  • Total Size = 15.5 GB
Will this work on other games?

No. This glitch only worked because of God of War being a Cross-Buy title and how the PSN handles full game trials. Simply put, buying the full game trial results in the PSN thinking you purchased the game, which for one reason or another, was enough to trick the PSN into thinking you owned the game and were entitled to the free Vita version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not concerned with the vita ports since those likely run like shit, but I didn't have the PS3 games either so this makes for a nice treat. Never got a chance to play these on PS2.
The recent Sly collection Vita port actually runs great.

You know, I constantly see you make posts like this and I always wonder why you don't take a page from George...

http://youtu.be/zfkKkvWEPMo?t=1m6s
Haha, I have gotten in on the past few free stuff (Like the Mass Effect DLC), but I saw this looked super dead so I just said screw it. Plus I was in a rush to get out and buy a new Slim Vita. Not really disappointed, just surprised it even came back to life

Haha, I have gotten in on the past few free stuff (Like the Mass Effect DLC), but I saw this looked super dead so I just said screw it. Plus I was in a rush to get out and buy a new Slim Vita. Not really disappointed, just surprised it even came back to life
Yeah, but didn't the ME 3 DLC last like 7 days? I am pretty sure anyone who wanted that had ample chance to get it.

Thanks for the title update, OP!! I wouldn't have tried to get Collection again if someone didn't update the title, thanks again!!

Wow. I got in on GoW 1 & 2 months ago when they were mistakenly free for plus, and now I get a windfall Vita Collection copy?

Best PSN pricing mistake ever. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: Does buying the Vita Collection for free when you have GoW I&II from the Plus glitch trigger crossbuy with the PS3 versions and give new non-plus licenses? I reinstalled GoW II for PS3 and don't get see an expiration date.

Thanks for the title update, OP!! I wouldn't have tried to get Collection again if someone didn't update the title, thanks again!!
Happy it helped! I wasn't sure what to put in the title, since I wanted to make sure people knew to look at the thread again, but I wanted to avoid having an essay up there. In either case, enjoy your games! ^^

Wow. I got in on GoW 1 & 2 months ago when they were mistakenly free for plus, and now I get a windfall Vita Collection copy?

Correct. Got to love when things work out this way. ^^

The recent Sly collection Vita port actually runs great.
Yeah, I just gave GoW a spin on vita and I guess it isn't that bad. The audio is compressed as fuck though lol. Again, I never played these on PS2 so I want to experience them in full HD glory. A lot of vita ports tend to be more novelty than an actual legitimate way to play, but I'm not complaining. Free cross-buy is still free.

Edit: Does buying the Vita Collection for free when you have GoW I&II from the Plus glitch trigger crossbuy with the PS3 versions and give new non-plus licenses? I reinstalled GoW II for PS3 and don't get see an expiration date.
Yes, you own them all now!

It appears so, yeah. I'm in the same boat - snagged 1&2 when they were glitched for free and now have been able to "purchase" the Vita collection for free. Pretty rad.

My download list now shows GoW1 and 2 at the top with new purchase dates. This has been the case in the past, where buying a bundle overrides a PS+ license.

Thanks OP. Grabbed the trials and refreshed this thread earlier and it was gone. Glad title was updated to find a nice surprise in the Vita store. Just more for the backlog lol

I wonder if this glitch will reappear for the Sly Collection, if that ends up being cross-buy. Now may be the time to download that trials version, if there is one.

Sucks, I own the GoW Collection & still can't get Vita versions. I reeemed a code for the PS3 version in December 2012. Is it only a one way cross buy?

It appears so, yeah. I'm in the same boat - snagged 1&2 when they were glitched for free and now have been able to "purchase" the Vita collection for free. Pretty rad.

My download list now shows GoW1 and 2 at the top with new purchase dates. This has been the case in the past, where buying a bundle overrides a PS+ license.
So I'm guessing based on the history of people getting these glitched freebies, Sony doesn't roll out the B-hammer much?

I just transferred this to my Vita. I'm going to just move them to the top of the BL and beat them even though I still haven't touched my physical copy.

Amazing. Not that I intend to let my PS+ lapse any time soon, but still very cool.

cant figure it out... i downloaded those demos a year or two ago but never played the full time limit.. shows 29.99 in vita store for me

So I'm guessing based on the history of people getting these glitched freebies, Sony doesn't roll out the B-hammer much?
Well I didn't glitch it with the trials, I have the first two games on my PSN for PS3 so technically it wad a cross buy. However, I obtained the first two games originally from a glitch when they were accidentally listed as free for an hour or two about a year ago.

Either way, no, Sony doesn't usually ban people for this kind of thing. Im fact, when the PS3 HD games were accidentally free, they basically said "oops! Congrats to anyone who got some free games!" Of course, that was a pricing error on their end, not an exploit.

cant figure it out... i downloaded those demos a year or two ago but never played the full time limit.. shows 29.99 in vita store for me
Probably due to this...

WU9xygX.png

So I imagine the PSN only considered the game "purchased" for a year, after which it reverts to whatever it would normally be.

So those who never downloaded the trials are SOL? Oh well. Would've been nice, but my backlog is big enough and I beat the games countless times.

Weird. Earlier PSN said that I didn't own God of War I and II, (which I don't really remember how I got them, but I think I got from the glitch) even though they are already downloaded on my Playstation. I figured oh well no free version of the Vita version. Then I saw this thread and went back and checked and now God of war I and II are purchased and the vita version is appearing as free. I just checked out and I guess I own it now.

Seems to still work! Thanks OP!

EDIT: Oh, it's because I've already "owned" the games in the first place through that one glitch awhile ago. Still, I wouldn't have known I could play the Vita versions had I not read this thread.  ;)

What are the exact steps to get the Semi Alive portion of this deal?
I can't seem to get the trial off PSN Shop.
If you can't get the trial it won't work. It's semi alive because people who were able to get the trial can still get the game for free, but those of us who didn't get the trials can't get the glitch.

What are the exact steps to get the Semi Alive portion of this deal?
I can't seem to get the trial off PSN Shop.
Basically, if you were able to get the trials prior to Sony removing them, it's still possible to get the games for free. I figured some people might want some heads up, so I changed the title from "dead" to "semi-alive" to get people to look at the thread. As you can see with a number of comments before yours, this was a move that helped a few people.

Basically, if you were able to get the trials prior to Sony removing them, it's still possible to get the games for free. I figured some people might want some heads up, so I changed the title from "dead" to "semi-alive" to get people to look at the thread. As you can see with a number of comments before yours, this was a move that helped a few people.
Ah thank you!

My roommate picked up a Vita today and has been trying all day.

I have the physical copies of the PS3 collection though.

No problem. Sucks for your friend. =[
This doesn't work with the physical version does it?
*Laughs* Worth a shot.

Is it odd I am slightly jealous of my roommate having a Gen 2 Vita, I like mine but his is heaie with easier to hit buttons.

Oddly though, the SLIM is 1-2MM taller then the original. It won't fit into a V.1 Hardcase.

Finally downloaded the game after "buying" it through the glitch when it was first posted and everything works. Now sure how I feel about these games on the Vita---I feel like button mashers are meant for a stand alone controller. Wouldn't have paid $30 for games I've beat numerous times but nice to have none the less. 

This doesn't work with the physical version does it?
*Laughs* Worth a shot.

Is it odd I am slightly jealous of my roommate having a Gen 2 Vita, I like mine but his is heaie with easier to hit buttons.

Oddly though, the SLIM is 1-2MM taller then the original. It won't fit into a V.1 Hardcase.
Sadly it does not.

Ain't that the truth. I tend to try most of these crazy things on the internet, since it's always worth a shot.

I think so, but thats just me. I don't think I would trade my Toukiden Vita for a gen 2, though they make different products to appeal to different people.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I got the GOW2 trial purchased/activated in my purchased list on the PlayStation store. I didn't get GOW1. I'm wondering if I bought the digital version of GOW1 ($15) would this cross buy for the vita versions still work? I guess the only way to know 100% would be to try it, but I just wondered what you guys thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back