God of War Collection Vita / PS3 Free on PSN (Plus Required, Semi-Alive Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralvic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
How to get God of War Collection for FREE

1. Head to the storefront.
  2. Get the free full game trials (PS+ required) for God of War HD and God of War II HD on the PS3.
  3. Finally head to the God of War Collection page, and select the PS Vita version. It should be free and upon purchasing it, you'll get that and the PS3 version of God of War Collection for free.

The above method is apparently dead, but a number of people have confirmed it still works if you got the PS3 trials and buy it via the PS Vita Store.

Check your Vitas PS Store if you got in on the PS3 trials. It just poped up free for me!!!!

What if I already own God of War I/II digitally?

If you already own both games, then you can simply purchase the Vita version. Sony confirmed a while back that the title supported Cross-Buy, so you can do this regardless of the glitch. This also applies to people who scored I/II from the other glitch, so those people got really lucky.

About the file size

In this and the other topic, a few people have wondered about the games 15.5 GB file size. This total comes from the combined total of both the PS3 version and PS Vita version of God of War. For those wondering about the actual file sizes, you can find them below.

It's just the combined total of the PS3 and Vita version.

• God of War Collection Vita - 3.1 GB
  • God of War I PS3 - 5.9 GB
  • God of War II PS3 - 6.5 GB
  • Total Size = 15.5 GB
Will this work on other games?

No. This glitch only worked because of God of War being a Cross-Buy title and how the PSN handles full game trials. Simply put, buying the full game trial results in the PSN thinking you purchased the game, which for one reason or another, was enough to trick the PSN into thinking you owned the game and were entitled to the free Vita version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I got the GOW2 trial purchased/activated in my purchased list on the PlayStation store. I didn't get GOW1. I'm wondering if I bought the digital version of GOW1 ($15) would this cross buy for the vita versions still work? I guess the only way to know 100% would be to try it, but I just wondered what you guys thought.
If and ONLY if God of War II said "purchased" under the paid version and provided Sony didn't fix (assuming they could do so in the first place) the glitch, then it should logically work. However, I would advise against trying in the first place.

The first issue is that God of War Collection is quite old and can be had for less than $15. The next issue is that several people on CAG have criticized GoW on the Vita and I doubt it's the best platform to play GoW on. Finally, I wouldn't be shocked if GoW got a sale for < $15, so in the end, you would be gambling on something that isn't that great of a deal in the first place. At $10 it might be worth the risk and I would say what the hell at < $5, but at $15 you're pretty much taking a huge chance for only 60% (or so) off.

If and ONLY if God of War II said "purchased" under the paid version and provided Sony didn't fix (assuming they could do so in the first place) the glitch, then it should logically work. However, I would advise against trying in the first place.

The first issue is that God of War Collection is quite old and can be had for less than $15. The next issue is that several people on CAG have criticized GoW on the Vita and I doubt it's the best platform to play GoW on. Finally, I wouldn't be shocked if GoW got a sale for > $15, so in the end, you would be gambling on something that isn't that great of a deal in the first place. At $10 it might be worth the risk and I would say what the hell at > $5, but at $15 you're pretty much taking a huge chance for only 60% (or so) off.
<

Like an idiot I accidently bought the first GoW HD, don't know what I was thinkin' but yeah, lol.  I guess it's time to wait for a sale or something on part 2 to get the Vita versions of the game. 

Like an idiot I accidently bought the first GoW HD, don't know what I was thinkin' but yeah, lol. I guess it's time to wait for a sale or something on part 2 to get the Vita versions of the game.
How do you accidentally buy the first God of War?

Deal was still active for me, shows as dead on ps3/pc but I went to the store page for it on my vita, it had two buy/download buttons (one for 30, the other free), pressed free of course..glad I stayed up for this one, thanks OP!

I would be downloading them onto my ps3, but I have no space to even hold any of the games lol, ps3 or vita versions @_@

Sigh for having an endless backlog =x

Edit: Yes I have plus and had previously downloaded the ps3 full game trials from previous times, if that helps at all.

I usually just add credit to my PSN account, but I forgot I had my card on there again and hit the button.
I got no comment, so I'll just say I'm sorry to hear that and good luck getting a deal on 2 digitally.

Deal was still active for me, shows as dead on ps3/pc but I went to the store page for it on my vita, it had two buy/download buttons (one for 30, the other free), pressed free of course..glad I stayed up for this one, thanks OP!

I would be downloading them onto my ps3, but I have no space to even hold any of the games lol, ps3 or vita versions @_@

Sigh for having an endless backlog =x

Edit: Yes I have plus and had previously downloaded the ps3 full game trials from previous times, if that helps at all.
Glad to hear you got it for free!

Both. Try adding the Vita version to your cart and see if it changes to $0.00.
I had already tried that, but tried again & no success. I can see the full games in my list as purchased on Vita, but it's ps3 versions & says not available to download. On the Vita, the games individually, & the collection, just has the price next to it with "buy". Since I have credit on my account, I'm not about to hit that. On online store, I add to cart & still shows it would deduct full price from my account if I hit purchase. Any ideas? I didn't have a Vita when I got the GoW Collection, but that shouldn't matter. They play through remote play on ps3, but I'd really like to play these games on the Vita without my ps3 being used. Any ideas? Thanks on advance.

These ports are really disappointing. There's a special place in hell for whoever thought adding rear touchpad controls would be a good idea. 

These ports are really disappointing. There's a special place in hell for whoever thought adding rear touchpad controls would be a good idea.
Makes you really question the review process when it can still average a 74 on Metacritic.
^ This. These vita ports are something awful. I can't believe they were going to charge people for this, lol. Anyhow, I'm still grateful as it netted me the free (and vastly superior) PS3 versions which I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't believe I waited so long to give the series a try. Awesome stuff.

^ This. These vita ports are something awful. I can't believe they were going to charge people for this, lol. Anyhow, I'm still grateful as it netted me the free (and vastly superior) PS3 versions which I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't believe I waited so long to give the series a try. Awesome stuff.
Can you believe the site I use to write for gave it a 90? Anyway, thats far from the best example of that stuff. I still think BlazBlue CSII for the 3DS averaging a 64 on Metacritic is criminal. I mean, it's a 3DS game that lacks wifi (the other two fighting games at the time had it), didn't support the thumbstick (how do you release a 3DS game without thumbstick support?!), the only touchscreen compatibility was a move list (they could have at least added some instant moves to make up for the lack of thumbstick support. Not like it would ruin the nonexistent competitive aspect of the game) and best of all, it didn't support standby. What is standby on the 3DS? It's that thing that turns off the screen when you close the lid. Yes, it's quite possibly (or at least the only game I know of) the only Nintendo DS game to not support that feature. Then again, it's not like the 3DS has limited battery or was meant to be portable, though I suppose this isn't the place to rant about how out of place that score is.

admiral... is that a custom avatar?

I ask because I used to play the hell out of Zoo Keeper back when it released on the DS.
No. It's actually a character FROM Zookeeper. They have a free to play VS game called "Zookeeper Battle" that I've been playing for well over a year.

???

I recognize the monkey, but never saw it on a body or with a hat...
In the free to play game you can unlock backgrounds / characters / decorations to make your "zoo" more interesting. This just so happens to be one of the rarer / more interesting characters.

To help give you an idea, here is the full model sheet of the character I am using.

1ZpSw8p.png

Can you believe the site I use to write for gave it a 90? Anyway, thats far from the best example of that stuff. I still think BlazBlue CSII for the 3DS averaging a 64 on Metacritic is criminal. I mean, it's a 3DS game that lacks wifi (the other two fighting games at the time had it), didn't support the thumbstick (how do you release a 3DS game without thumbstick support?!), the only touchscreen compatibility was a move list (they could have at least added some instant moves to make up for the lack of thumbstick support. Not like it would ruin the nonexistent competitive aspect of the game) and best of all, it didn't support standby. What is standby on the 3DS? It's that thing that turns off the screen when you close the lid. Yes, it's quite possibly (or at least the only game I know of) the only Nintendo DS game to not support that feature. Then again, it's not like the 3DS has limited battery or was meant to be portable, though I suppose this isn't the place to rant about how out of place that score is.
I'm not familiar with that BlazBlue port but it does sound terrible. It's probably much of the same with GoW, in that some people are mostly impressed it's in portable form. And, no, I'm not surprised by your site since they also missed the mark on Tearaway, lol. I kid. I think Mass Effect 3 has been the only game where I feel like the majority of the press was completely on some other shit.

I'm not familiar with that BlazBlue port but it does sound terrible. It's probably much of the same with GoW, in that people are mostly impressed it's in portable form. And, no, I'm not surprised by your site since they also missed the mark on Tearaway, lol. I kid. I think Mass Effect 3 has been the only game where I feel like the majority of the press was completely on some other shit.
It was. The icing on the cake was Extend was announced like a day or two after the 3DS version came out in the US. Nothing says fuck you quite like getting a watered down port and then hearing that your version is already obsolete. Anyway, I think people gave it a good score because Blazblue has a long / expansive story and a number of modes to play, though it really doesn't matter.

To be fair, the EiC openly disagreed with my score of Tearaway and often mocked me for it. I stand by it being a neat game with an interesting art style, but I didn't think there was enough content, that the pacing was poor (like 3 of the 16 levels were tutorials) and had almost no replay value. In fact, I often used Tearaway as an example of peoples hypocrisy in terms of value and content, since a good number of people told me the experience was so great that the 2 hour game was worth $40, but at the same time people were bitching about how Ground Zeroes was 2 hours long and that wasn't enough to justify a $40 (even though you could buy it digitally for $20 or last-gen for $30) price tag.

Really? I have it happen all the time, though I also avoid reading reviews for a number of reasons...

It was. The icing on the cake was Extend was announced like a day or two after the 3DS version came out in the US. Nothing says fuck you quite like getting a watered down port and then hearing that your version is already obsolete. Anyway, I think people gave it a good score because Blazblue has a long / expansive story and a number of modes to play, though it really doesn't matter.

To be fair, the EiC openly disagreed with my score of Tearaway and often mocked me for it. I stand by it being a neat game with an interesting art style, but I didn't think there was enough content, that the pacing was poor (like 3 of the 16 levels were tutorials) and had almost no replay value. In fact, I often used Tearaway as an example of peoples hypocrisy in terms of value and content, since a good number of people told me the experience was so great that the 2 hour game was worth $40, but at the same time people were bitching about how Ground Zeroes was 2 hours long and that wasn't enough to justify a $40 (even though you could buy it digitally for $20 or last-gen for $30) price tag.

Really? I have it happen all the time, though I also avoid reading reviews for a number of reasons...
No, I agree with Tearaway being a bit overpriced (at launch). I'm just not sure how much emphasis should be placed on cost in reviews. I'm not going to cut this GoW port slack because I got it for free or penalize Tearaway because it was expensive, if that makes sense. And as much as I love the game I wouldn't have wanted it to drag on for much longer. Can only tap a screen or "smile into the camera" so many times, lol.

As far as reviews go I generally don't find myself at odds with them. I may feel differently (was meh about TLoU for instance) but I can usually understand where people are coming from. Mass Effect 3's universal acclaim remains a damn mystery. Not saying it deserved to critically bomb but most of the major outlets hardly made mention of its problematic ending. Shameful. The first time I sincerely thought EA might have bribed some folks, lol.

No, I agree with Tearaway being a bit overpriced (at launch). I'm just not sure how much emphasis should be placed on cost in reviews. I'm not going to cut this GoW port slack because I got it for free or penalize Tearaway because it was expensive, if that makes sense. And as much as I love the game I wouldn't have wanted it to drag on for much longer. Can only tap a screen or "smile into the camera" so many times, lol.

As far as reviews go I generally don't find myself at odds with them. I may feel differently (was meh about TLoU for instance) but I can usually understand where people are coming from. Mass Effect 3's universal acclaim remains a damn mystery. Not saying it deserved to critically bomb but most of the major outlets hardly made mention of its problematic ending. Shameful. The first time I sincerely thought EA might have bribed some folks, lol.
Thats really a debate up to the ages, though I look at it like this. Tearaway had an MSRP of $40, which meant it cost as much or more than 80%+ of the Vita's catalog. With that in mind, I have a problem praising something that would probably work better at $15 or $20 tops, versus Rayman Legends, which features new challenges every day (unlimited replay value in a realer sense than Tearaway) and infinitely more content.

Oh, thats what you meant! Okay, yeah I usually know where reviewers are coming from, but I rarely agree with them. With that being said, the reason ME3 scored so well is pretty obvious. The average reviewer didn't beat the game. Like, the game came out March 6, 2012 and according to PSNProfiles, only 8 people got the legend trophy before that. So, approximately 8 people knew what the ending was and there are a number of reasons why the ending didn't impact their review. This includes being worried other outlets wouldn't cover it (scoring against the curve makes you stand out more, which isn't always good), assuming people wouldn't care that much or putting decreased emphasis on it to seem more professional (it looks unprofessional to say ME 3 is amazing, but the ending sucks and it ruins the series [even if that is true, like with what happened in How I Met Your Mother]).

In either case, if you wish to continue this conversation, PM me. I don't think people want to read my cynical view on the world as they're reminded that they missed out on a free copy of God of War.

Never have I ever seen such a pretentious dick on the Internet (and I browse Reddit regularly)
Idk man. The AWD thread is pretty frickin bad.

And if you think that's the worst you've seen you must have kept away from any reddit PC gaming or /r/gaming thread. The PC fedorabeards over there are unbearable.

Considering the deal is pretty much dead and we're getting pretty far off topic, I'll just lock the thread to save everyone some time. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back