God of War: Ghost of Sparta

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Any news on what the PSP Bundle's PSP will look like?
On amazon it says the art might change so I was just wonder what it'll look like when it comes close to the release.
I'm wondering if they'll will be an image on the back of the psp.[/QUOTE]

Pics have been out for a while. Check the PS blog. There is no image on the back, but its got a very sleek color scheme. If I didn't have the Chains of Olympus PSP, I'd be all over the new one.

Is anyone having problems playing the demo? Everytime I try to play it, it goes to the Santa Monica Studios logo and just shuts off. Ive tried it like 6 times and still nothing..

Had no problems with the demo. While I enjoyed the demo, the boss fight was a bit too gamey, as him sticking his head into your reach just so you could actually hit him seemed a bit tacky compared to many of the boss fights in God of War 3.

[quote name='JCally']The demo crashes on me at the same point.[/QUOTE]

I figured it out yesturday, right before the Santa Monica title fades, put your psp in sleep mode then turn it back on. It should be at the title screen!!

The demo freezes on me just before the lift reaches the top shortly after the second Scyla fight with the big hairy guy. Played through fine the first time but that one spot gets me every time since.

Tried to play the demo. I was a good 10-15 mins into it when all of a sudden it freezes. Music is still playing, but the game is frozen. I have absolutely no desire to try and play it again as I'll be getting the game in a month and rather not play through the same thing again. What I did get to play was fantastic, which is all I needed.

Played the demo this weekend and loved it. Im really liking the spear and can't wait to play the whole thing.

Finally put in my order. The ultimate DLC pack and the in-pack Deimos voucher are effective marketing tools to push me over the fence.

Ok, I broke down and bought the God of War PSP. I was going to wait for the PSP2, but they got me. So much crap included for the $199, I had to use my $20 Amazon credit and $125 CC points to get the bunlde for $50.

So I'll get a PSP (never owned one before), the 2 God of War Games, that movie, a PS3 theme, and an avatar.

So how was the demo for this game? I've heard good things about it.

Unless I missed it, they didn't mention how long the game is?

I'd like to think it's not nearly as short as the first GoW on PSP was, I remember blowing through that game in a day. That image up above has the time blacked out which isn't really helpful.

I'm playing it now, this game gives a horrible first impression but its picking up as I go along, I kinda want to know the story. Same repetitive attacks that we all know, you'd think they'd give Kratos a gat or something anything to freshin him up a bit or a gat on a chain or a soap on a rope anything please!!

so i got my preorder code this morning from amazon for all th eextras but it doesnt work yet. i'm assuming it will once they update psn sometime today.

[quote name='Serpentor']When will PSN have Ghost of Sparta? I checked this morning, it's not there :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

When it updates. Probably around 4-5 PM PST.

Hmm, got my code from Amazon, and I wanted to see the ps3 Dynamic theme. It's coming up as invalid. I bet I need to wait for the store to update.

[quote name='fuss']did anybody pre-order in-store? Is the codes in the box or is it a card?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it will be a code on your receipt and not in the box.

[quote name='rainking187']When it updates. Probably around 4-5 PM PST.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks! I posted the same question in the PSN thread, it got answered too. Looks like when I get home, the game will be ready :)

[quote name='fuss']did anybody pre-order in-store? Is the codes in the box or is it a card?[/QUOTE]

I picked up my pre order in store from Gamestop. The code was printed on the receipt itself.

Can anybody confirm if you get the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena map with the gamestop code? One part (codes instructions page) of their website said it does and the other part (game page itself) didn't.

Ooooh, so I gotta wait for the update for my code to become valid. Was getting worried there.

Update still isn't live, but the content is up and our codes work... there's no Kratos Avatar. Either they forgot to put it in, it's not live yet (even tho the others are), or something is wrong with my download.

The Hades theme is just "okay". It's a fog effect rolling across the screen with generic lightning flashes every now and then. The lava is so slowly and crudely animated you can hardly tell it's moving at all.

To get the soundtrack you gotta download the installer then launch it, the installer takes a good 5 minutes, then the music is under your music folder. Be careful looking at them tho, from my quick glance the song titles could be quite spoilific.

I want my Kratos avatar, Sony.

[quote name='jh6269']I got the DLC from GS (B&M store) and it finally works.[/QUOTE]

Does the code include the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena? I'm assuming the code for the map is for any game preorder and not just for the PSP system bundle pack too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this is bullshit. Anyone who entered their code before the store was fully updated didn't get the avatar, but anyone who entered it after the update did get it. So everyone who didn't wait now has the joys of having to call PlayStation costumer service tomorrow and deal with them, myself included.

Shit, Sony.

[quote name='Donut2922']Does the code include the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena? I'm assuming the code for the map is for any game preorder and not just for the PSP system bundle pack too.[/QUOTE]
I got it from GS as well and it does include the Forest Challenge, although I haven't actually played it yet since it requires you to beat the game to unlock, I think.

[quote name='Donut2922']Does the code include the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena? I'm assuming the code for the map is for any game preorder and not just for the PSP system bundle pack too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, same as what mxpower said. I was a little worried b/c I only got 1 code, and I was wondering if I needed to go back to GS and get the other code. However, I plugged the code in, and all of the stuff is there.

The one code includes 8 pieces of DLC, including the Deimos GOW 3 Skin, Legionnaire GOW:GOS skin, the PSN Premium Avatar, the sound track, the 2 part video, the PS3 Dynamic Theme, the PSP Theme, and the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena.

I also got to play the PSP that was included with the bundle, and it's pretty cool. I got GOW:COO with the pack, and started playing it first. The limited edition PSP is pretty cool looking too.

What is the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena that people are talking about? Is that included with my preorder bundle code?

[quote name='jh6269']Yes, same as what mxpower said. I was a little worried b/c I only got 1 code, and I was wondering if I needed to go back to GS and get the other code. However, I plugged the code in, and all of the stuff is there.

The one code includes 8 pieces of DLC, including the Deimos GOW 3 Skin, Legionnaire GOW:GOS skin, the PSN Premium Avatar, the sound track, the 2 part video, the PS3 Dynamic Theme, the PSP Theme, and the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena.

I also got to play the PSP that was included with the bundle, and it's pretty cool. I got GOW:COO with the pack, and started playing it first. The limited edition PSP is pretty cool looking too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jh and Mx.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What is the Forest of Forgotten challenge arena that people are talking about? Is that included with my preorder bundle code?[/QUOTE]

It was a gamestop preorder code exclusive.

Can anyone give me some advise? I preordered the game on Monday of this week(online-best buy) since I really wanted the preorder DLC. Ok I get an email that its backordered (its from BB btw) so I called to let them know I want to pick it up instead at the store which I will do tomorrow on way back from work.

But now Im worried im not getting the DLC goodies....do they come inside the package or are they handed out when you preordered instore or something?

I asked a guy instore (monday) if I came on tues and just bought it, would I get the DLC and he said..."yea blah blah blah prolly like Medal of Honor LE version" but knowing that he doesnt know shit, Im worried. *sigh*

I better get the goodies!

[quote name='darknight88']Can anyone give me some advise? I preordered the game on Monday of this week(online-best buy) since I really wanted the preorder DLC. Ok I get an email that its backordered (its from BB btw) so I called to let them know I want to pick it up instead at the store which I will do tomorrow on way back from work.

But now Im worried im not getting the DLC goodies....do they come inside the package or are they handed out when you preordered instore or something?

I asked a guy instore (monday) if I came on tues and just bought it, would I get the DLC and he said..."yea blah blah blah prolly like Medal of Honor LE version" but knowing that he doesnt know shit, Im worried. *sigh*

I better get the goodies![/QUOTE]
The Deimos Skin for GoW III comes inside the game. Everything else is a pre-order bonus code which I got from my Gamestop receipt. I don't know how Best Buy does pre-order bonus DLC.

[quote name='darknight88']Can anyone give me some advise? I preordered the game on Monday of this week(online-best buy) since I really wanted the preorder DLC. Ok I get an email that its backordered (its from BB btw) so I called to let them know I want to pick it up instead at the store which I will do tomorrow on way back from work.

I better get the goodies![/QUOTE]

It's not packed in the box, it's a code that you have to enter into PSN. It's either on your receipt, or best buy will need to give it to you. Read though Ken's replies in the PS Blog, I think someone was having similar issues.

Frankly, I never order from Best Buy; their inventory system is absolute garbage. My friend got a big run around last year when he bought that Sony Bravia + PS3 bundle. They said it was in stock, he opted to have it shipped instead of taking it home (he doesn't have a truck), and they sold his TV to someone. Then, they gave him the runaround for 2 weeks and he finally called all over town to each Best Buy and found one that had them in stock (which was a surprise to the store manager where he purchased it). Sorry for bumming you out, but Best Buy blows for shipping stuff. I will never buy things there unless they have it in stock and I'm going to pick it up that night.

OMG then I think I FFFF'd up :((

Im sure when I go to pick it over tomorow at BB, they'll just give me the game. Since I bought it online and basically made it a "ship to store/store pivk up", I wont get a receipt/code since I paid online for it already.

Damn it.

bread's done
Back