God of War: Ghost of Sparta

[quote name='darknight88']OMG then I think I FFFF'd up :((

Im sure when I go to pick it over tomorow at BB, they'll just give me the game. Since I bought it online and basically made it a "ship to store/store pivk up", I wont get a receipt/code since I paid online for it already.

Damn it.[/QUOTE]

Read the PS blog, you will get the code one way or another... The guy replies in Red, so just look for his responses. I know someone asked about Best Buy.

Yea I read all his replies. All he ever says is to ask bb for the voucher when you buy the game. Having bought it online looks like I won't get it or they don't know/ have them I'm screwed.

[quote name='darknight88']Yea I read all his replies. All he ever says is to ask bb for the voucher when you buy the game. Having bought it online looks like I won't get it or they don't know/ have them I'm screwed.[/QUOTE]

You said you were going to pick it up in person, ask them then. If they don't know, then I'd call CS and see. And if all else fails, I'd probably call Sony and complain, maybe they can give you a code. Sorry, wish I could be of more help :(

Beat this game on Sunday and my only issue was that it lacked the epic feeling to the boss fights and environments that I expect from the God of War games. I only recall three boss fights and only one featured a large monster, which is the one you saw in the demo and you pretty much saw the whole thing there. They certainly took a lot of cues from what Santa Monica did with God of War III, but lacked some of the punch they had with what they could do with the PS3, though Ready at Dawn did some interesting things with the story and how that unfolds to make up for it. Ghost of Sparta even has more replay value, in terms of unlockables, than GoWIII since there's a
Temple of Zeus mode that lets you spend red orbs to unlock different types of content, though you don't know what's in each thing before you purchase it. It seems like concept art and combat arena enemies for the cheapest items, but I'm interested in unlocking the rest to see what else is in there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Beat this game on Sunday and my only issue was that it lacked the epic feeling to the boss fights and environments that I expect from the God of War games. I only recall three boss fights and only one featured a large monster, which is the one you saw in the demo and you pretty much saw the whole thing there. They certainly took a lot of cues from what Santa Monica did with God of War III, but lacked some of the punch they had with what they could do with the PS3, though Ready at Dawn did some interesting things with the story and how that unfolds to make up for it. Ghost of Sparta even has more replay value, in terms of unlockables, than GoWIII since there's a
Temple of Zeus mode that lets you spend red orbs to unlock different types of content, though you don't know what's in each thing before you purchase it. It seems like concept art and combat arena enemies for the cheapest items, but I'm interested in unlocking the rest to see what else is in there.
[/QUOTE]

Temple of Zeus doesn't add much though. I'd unlocked everything in it about an hour after I beat the game.

[quote name='lewchief']Anybody know why amazon hasn't shipped this game yet? It says its in stock and I preordered over a month ago.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them, complained about how its already out in stores, and mine hasnt even shipped yet. So they changed my shipping from free, to 2 day shipping free. I should be getting it on the 6th.

[quote name='jh6269']You said you were going to pick it up in person, ask them then. If they don't know, then I'd call CS and see. And if all else fails, I'd probably call Sony and complain, maybe they can give you a code. Sorry, wish I could be of more help :([/QUOTE]

Just picked up at the instore pickup area. Tried my best to explain how the game had preorder DLC and the guy said I would prolly get an email letting my know of the pickup with the code else he didnt know. They didnt have anything to go with the game like voucher card either.:bomb:

I got the email just stating that I did pick it up...no code anywhere....

*Facepalm*

Im about to call BB CS. Hate to deal with this BS and never gonna preorder from BB ever again. Im sure if I did in GS or AMazon, I would get the DLC code without me having to go through BS hoops.

[quote name='darknight88']Just picked up at the instore pickup area. Tried my best to explain how the game had preorder DLC and the guy said I would prolly get an email letting my know of the pickup with the code else he didnt know. They didnt have anything to go with the game like voucher card either.:bomb:

I got the email just stating that I did pick it up...no code anywhere....

*Facepalm*

Im about to call BB CS. Hate to deal with this BS and never gonna preorder from BB ever again. Im sure if I did in GS or AMazon, I would get the DLC code without me having to go through BS hoops.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude :( I can't believe nobody else here got it from Best Buy... So this is the first time you pre-orderd anything from Best Buy? Well anyway, I'm just wasting your time, but good luck with CS...

Yea first time and I appreciate your feedback. I did call CS and was told they emailed my case to the pol that deal with promotions and should get a response in1 or 2 days. Hope they can help.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I emailed them, complained about how its already out in stores, and mine hasnt even shipped yet. So they changed my shipping from free, to 2 day shipping free. I should be getting it on the 6th.[/QUOTE]

SHIT! I wish I saw this post a few days ago. They shipped it out the 5th and says it won't get here till around the 15th. If I only knew I could complain...

Actually amazon had the date wrong, they said delivery estimate on the 6th, but the UPS tracking page says the 8th. Either way ill get it faster than i would have if i didnt complain. LOL.

I complained and they didn't do anything for me so I cancelled my order and just bought it from Kmart. For some reason amazon just didn't want to do anything for me.

[quote name='rainking187']
Temple of Zeus doesn't add much though. I'd unlocked everything in it about an hour after I beat the game.
[/QUOTE]
It adds enough to make me want to play some more. Plus, more challenges is a lot more than what God of War III offered after opening up that stuff.

I e-mailed Amazon about it taking forever to get my order, and they said I could upgrade my shipping for a fee and get it faster after the backorder ends. :roll:

I don't know if this is a sign of the apocalypse or not, but I'm actually glad I got my copy from Gamestop rather than Amazon this time. *shudder*

Damn I want to play this so bad but wont till I get my BB DLC voucher code. If I dont soon, Im just gonna return the game and get my $$ back.

Not trolling or anything but I really wanted the DLC and had some reward certs to burn so I did so at BB. I was told to today to wait 2-3 more days to get an email or something from the guys who deal with promotions. Ridiculous as they were suppose to hand them out or ship them in with the game is preordered online. I got a PS3 so the preorder goods seem awesome.

I was told to contact manufacturer(Sony) as advice but I told the lady I would just be told to call/contact BB as they were suppose to hand them out just like GS or Amazon.

[quote name='mxpowar']I don't know if this is a sign of the apocalypse or not, but I'm actually glad I got my copy from Gamestop rather than Amazon this time. *shudder*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ironic isn't it?

I have a little story about my episodes w/pre-ordering this game.
So, I got invited to this e-Reward program where I answer surveys and collect reward "money." Once you have enough "money" you can get gift cards and such. I put "money" in quotes, because it's not cash money--you have to save up $50 e-rewards dollars to get a $25 GameStop gift card. But anyway, it's a free gift card nonetheless.

So, I've had it in my car for like a month or two, and I took it out and put it somewhere safe (so I thought). Well, this God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP LE bundle came out for $199, so I opted to use my GameStop gift card, then for the rest of the $175, I was going to use CC points to pay it off. Well, as you may have guessed, I couldn't find the gift card. I searched every square inch of my house, the recycle bin, the trash, it was gone. I was sure my wife threw it away (she's thrown a netflix disc in the trash before, and luckly I got it before trash day).

So, I was forced to pre-order it at Amazon.com, and use my $20 VG credit from the Vanquish pre-order.

So, a week or two went by, and it was the weekend before the release date. I don't remember what i was looking for, but I was going through stuff that I had stuck to the refrigerator. I lifted up some receipts and I saw my GS Gift Card :D

Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but I had used that $20 VG credit on Amazon (the credit that you cannot see on your account, that only shows up when you make a VG order). So, I needed to contact customer service and have them help me cancel it so I could keep my credit; and I also needed to go to GS and pre-order.

Anyway, it all ended up working out in the end. I got the game and the DLC all worked (albeit the next day). I played a little bit of Chains of Olympus; in the mean time, I had ordered Persona 3 Portable. That came in, and I got totally hooked. So now my GOW:COO and :GOS is just sitting there waiting in my backlog.

LOL I actually feel a little guilty that a lot of you folks are having such a tough time with getting your copy of the game, and mine's sitting in the box :lol:

Just finished this game, i thought this was supposed to be longer than chains of olympus. I beat this in 5 and a half hours according to my save. Though i did play it on easy. Overall i thought the story was a bit boring, and levels were bland. I think chains of olympus was much better in terms of levels, events, and other things. This game just felt like a lot of big ass hallways and stuff you had to run through. No tough puzzles at all. But i have to say the ending was really great. The only thing i didnt like was when
his brother died. I was hoping he would live, because a PS3 co-op game with Kratos and Deimos would be fucking awesome.
But overall it was a fun game, nice graphics, good music. Its just that most of the game was filled with bland levels.

Regarding the preorder DLC pack, can you download the soundtrack to a device/PC other than a PS3? I prefer not to listen to the soundtrack through a PS3.

Yeah, got it on my iPod Touch.

EDIT: Sorry, this was in response to eau... I transferred the soundtrack from my PS3 using a USB thumb drive to my iTunes library, the cover art and everything shows up. Also, converted them to AAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Regarding the preorder DLC pack, can you download the soundtrack to a device/PC other than a PS3? I prefer not to listen to the soundtrack through a PS3.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they're MP3 files. You just have to do this weird install on the PS3 first, IIRC. Then you can transfer them wherever you want.

I got my copy from Amazon last week, no pre-order DLC code of any kind except for the Deimos skin for GoW III - strange. Still love the game though - it's a little more epic than Chains of Olympus, and looks better.

Beat it. I consider it better than Chains of Olympus in every way. I wish all PSP games were this good, the God of War games are the only I've played on PSP that have made me forget I'm awkwardly holding a handheld with a very uncomfortable controller setup.

just wanted to let you guys know Sony techteam got me my preorder voucher. I just had to open a case with them and fax them my instore pickup/invoice thing!

Never will i preorder anything on BB.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Beat it. I consider it better than Chains of Olympus in every way. [/QUOTE]
I completely agree with this assessment.
Thank God they did away with the action sequences that depended on the thumb-nub.

The only problem I had was I didn't really like how it seemed everything happened on one big island. I went from Atlantis to Sparta and then to Atlantis again it just seemed like I never left Atlantis I just went next door.

just beat it on normal clocking in about 5 and half hours. maxed out weapon and power except the horn and spartan shield. the game is epic as hell! they borrowed a lot from gow3 and its just amazing. the best psp game in my opinion. i really loved the ending and
the fight with deimos, that junk was insane!
i really need to finish gow2 now and finally get gow3. im off to try the challenges now. also is there new game plus? probably not but that would be sweet. im tempted to play it again on a harder difficulty with the new items you found. i also like how this game had actual story besides revenge!!!!!!!! i thought it fit perfectly right after 1 and before 2, it gives kratos a little more depth.

I downloaded and beat the game about a week ago, and yes it was good. I still wouldn't say it's my favorite GoW game (God of War 3 holds that spot), but it was very fun nonetheless.

bread's done
Back