God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

Damn! I'm all pumped after the trailer... It looks awesome!

Playboy: Gamers don’t want long load times or storylines, do you plan to recap everything?
  • Stig: For the most part in God of War games, we’ve never made people watch very long movies. Don’t expect God of War III to change that. As far as loading, it’s something we take pride in. We’re a streaming game, we don’t have load times.

I thought Playboy is gonna ask about the threesome, but i guess not... Well, no loading is cool, certainly something to be proud of.

[quote name='near']It actually does look like a fuckin' painting. Incredible.[/QUOTE]This.

I watched the trailer and I was blown away. I definitely agree with Jaffe here.

I just finished playing God of War 2 last week.

2010 is sooooooooo far away*

:whistle2:(

*If you think this is gonna hit this year, put down the drugs.

That extended trailer didn't change my opinion on the game's fidelity (looked like an HD PS2 game to be honest) - at least it's not eye-popping better than Gears of War 2 like Jaffe said (some cool gameplay mechanics hinted like "bull charging" and running on the wall), though maybe these new screenshots [in the link below] were from the build that Jaffe orgasm'ed over that "look better than Gears of War 2".

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&id_rubrique=1&type=article&id_article=247

Edit: The GameTrailers video of the extended trailer looks way better than the one on the PlayStation blog.
index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
gamers dont like storylines? maybe the guy made a mistake or something because i like storylines. what people dont like a mgs 10 20 minute cutscenes which god of war has never had. i hope in this one youll get to lay the smackdown on hercules. that could make for an epic boss battle. achilles is part of that too isnt he?

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']That extended trailer didn't change my opinion on the game's fidelity (looked like an HD PS2 game to be honest) - at least it's not eye-popping better than Gears of War 2 like Jaffe said (some cool gameplay mechanics hinted like "bull charging" and running on the wall), though maybe these new screenshots [in the link below] were from the build that Jaffe orgasm'ed over that "look better than Gears of War 2".

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&id_rubrique=1&type=article&id_article=247

Edit: The GameTrailers video of the extended trailer looks way better than the one on the PlayStation blog.
index.php
[/quote]

The trailer looks absolutely badass. MUCH better than anything the PS2 could ever dream of doing. I don't think it looks as good as Gears 2 but it still looks amazing. I think the problem with comparing everything to Gears 2 is that it is a very "meaty" over the top game and not everyone is shooting for all of that in their games. Everything in Gears is big and it is easier to see detail on big objects as oppossed to smaller objects when the camera is mostly farther away from the action in games like God of War.

Funny, I have the same complaint that I had before... everything looks like putty (or clay). Kratos looks great, but the other monsters aren't so hot. I need to see another stage, where there's some sunlight on the monsters. It was night time, and I think that was moonlight (almost none) in the trailer, so that could give things that grey clay look. Game still looks good.

Wow. Downloaded it on PSN. Looks great and has me really pumped up! Too bad we have to wait another year. They could have won E3 last year with that hotness!

[quote name='Thomas96']I want to see this game with Zombies, or some more half flesh, half skeleton monsters[/quote]

I didn't know zombies were prevalent in Greek mythology. :roll:

[quote name='Malik112099']I didn't know zombies were prevalent in Greek mythology. :roll:[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, good point, because we know that God of War is trying really hard to stay true to Greek mythology. :roll:

the main point is that I don't want to fight the same enemies over and over again, I'm tired of plain ass skeletons. We've fought against every enemy that was seen in the trailer.

I have been wanting to play ever since that dreadful ending of God Of War 2. Leaves you wanting way more. Hopefully this game won't end the same way and you can actually whoop them.

I think the game will be 60fps. It's a locked 30fps right now, but it doesn't look quite right framerate wise.

[quote name='Thomas96']We've fought against every enemy that was seen in the trailer.[/quote]

I don't remember fighting giant living landmasses climbing up some super fucking mega mountain.

[quote name='Malik112099']I don't remember fighting giant living landmasses climbing up some super fucking mega mountain.[/QUOTE]

hasn't kratos gone up Mt. Olympus, also, how do you know that landmass was "living" looks like it was coming apart due to it being sucked up into the vortex.

[quote name='Thomas96']hasn't kratos gone up Mt. Olympus, also, how do you know that landmass was "living" looks like it was coming apart due to it being sucked up into the vortex.[/quote]

that was gaia that he was fighting on in the video. mother of the olympian gods. the chick you hear telling his story.

The end of that trailer highlighted one of my favorite things about the God of War series, the sense of scale. I love how everything is colossal and epic.

[quote name='lokizz']that was gaia that he was fighting on in the video. mother of the olympian gods. the chick you hear telling his story.[/QUOTE]

Damn.. I have to admit that's EPIC!

Also, my needs have been satisfied... saw the impressions from Joystiq, and they had the zombie-ish, half, skeleton, half flesh monster!!! I'm straight now!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/13/joystiq-impressions-god-of-war-iii/ (the impressions has some GOW II Spoilers)

[quote name='Thomas96']Damn.. I have to admit that's EPIC!

Also, my needs have been satisfied... saw the impressions from Joystiq, and they had the zombie-ish, half, skeleton, half flesh monster!!! I'm straight now!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/13/joystiq-impressions-god-of-war-iii/ (the impressions has some GOW II Spoilers)[/quote]

this is one of the few series i have yet to be dissappointed with so i hope this next game is as epic as it seems. i still want to know what the deal was with the ending of the frst game. they showed some stuff set in the present day and i always wondered if kratos would end up in the present or something.

I though the trailer looked really good but the enemies looked boring.

Good thing they have another year to tune. Kratos looked great; everything else? Bleh.

Game should still rape regardless though

[quote name='happy']Looks great to me, especially at a year away...[/QUOTE]

You know I definitely overlooked that small fact. Judging from the trailers, they've got a lot done. In a year's time, they may be able to make the game look even better. According to Jaffe, he's seen some gameplay (or screenshots), or something that blows the trailer shown on Video game awards show out of the water. This new trailer is just an extention of the VGA show trailer. So I'm thinking that there's still something else our there that may be even better than what we're seeing now.

About halfway done with God of War 1. Pretty good game, a little too hard though. Friggen medusa's are annoying...

Bought GoW2 and can't wait to play it!

Just finished God of War 1, it's so dang hard! Yeesh, nearly broke my controller at the battle against Aries when you just have that shitty ass sword. fuck Aries and his fire blast move! SOB!!! And also, whoever made that damn rotating spike wall you have to climb up (the one in Hades place) is a friggen asshole.

Other than that, it's such an awesome game... my god. Love the story and also love the extras! David Jaffe is awesome.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Just finished God of War 1, it's so dang hard! Yeesh, nearly broke my controller at the battle against Aries when you just have that shitty ass sword. fuck Aries and his fire blast move! SOB!!! And also, whoever made that damn rotating spike wall you have to climb up (the one in Hades place) is a friggen asshole.

Other than that, it's such an awesome game... my god. Love the story and also love the extras! David Jaffe is awesome.[/quote]

yeah gow 1 was a bitch to beat especially on god mode. not to mention fighting the clones. the first time i beat aries my game froze up had to do it from the clone battle again. one of the few games that id ever felt like i earned a victory.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah gow 1 was a bitch to beat especially on god mode. not to mention fighting the clones. the first time i beat aries my game froze up had to do it from the clone battle again. one of the few games that id ever felt like i earned a victory.[/quote]

Oh jeez that clone battle was friggen annoying the first few times. Once you figure out the games patterns it gets easier, but sweet god you'll have to die 20 times before you do.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Just finished God of War 1, it's so dang hard! Yeesh, nearly broke my controller at the battle against Aries when you just have that shitty ass sword. fuck Aries and his fire blast move! SOB!!! And also, whoever made that damn rotating spike wall you have to climb up (the one in Hades place) is a friggen asshole.

Other than that, it's such an awesome game... my god. Love the story and also love the extras! David Jaffe is awesome.[/quote]

It is kind of funny what people find hard. Aries was nothing for me but that blade wall almost made me want to stop playing. That thing took me forever to get past.

On gow2 everyone thinks the invisible guy was hard but I thought he was one of the easiest people to defeat in the series. On the other hand a lot of people thought Medusa's sister was easy but I thought it was by far hardest thing to defeat in the series. I remember reading the guide that stated she was one of the easiest to defeat bosses and required no special skill so it didn't give any tips on taking her down. Whoever wrote that guide F you.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']It is kind of funny what people find hard. Aries was nothing for me but that blade wall almost made me want to stop playing. That thing took me forever to get past.

On gow2 everyone thinks the invisible guy was hard but I thought he was one of the easiest people to defeat in the series. On the other hand a lot of people thought Medusa's sister was easy but I thought it was by far hardest thing to defeat in the series. I remember reading the guide that stated she was one of the easiest to defeat bosses and required no special skill so it didn't give any tips on taking her down. Whoever wrote that guide F you.[/QUOTE]

I just finished both of those bosses, a couple of weeks ago. I think they both were kinda easy. The invisible guy was a little harder than Medusa's sister because I had problems grabbing him on cue. Other than that, I was able to time all his attacks and repel them.

There's always been a lot of talk in regards to the number of bosses and minibosses included in the game... what's the preference you guys have for bosses and mini bosses for God of War and other such beat em up games?

[quote name='sotc1988']I really hope this makes a fall release. Worse case scenario this could be out at a killzone 2-ish release date.[/QUOTE]

It's been all-but-confirmed that God of War II will be released by March '10, which is probably the best move for Sony as Uncharted 2 is going to be released in the Fall. No point in having Sony-only IPs cannibalizing each others' sales.

huh im always surprised people had trouble on the blade wall in gow 1 i thought it was easy. as far as bosses and mini bosses the more the merrier as long as theyre fun and challenging. i just hope they put more effort into the weapons. in each game theres always 1 weapon thats kind of a waste to have. like that spear in gow. lamest damn thing ever they should have traded that spear out for the one that one guy used ( it had an sweet ice attack). it would have been cool to take some of perseus weapons as well.

my main want as far as boss would be hercules hes got to be in the game. considering hes the most famous son of zeus and gauranteed to be fighting for his father that would make for a hell of a battle.its be cool to see alot of the diff monsters ad heros/villans of greek mythology come to life theres still alot they havent used.

you know im surprised with all the people trying to make their own gow clones of sorts why someone hasnt tried to do the same with norse mythology yet. i could see them making a tight game with thor as the lead.

i wonder if achilles would be in there too i dont remember if he was in the other ones. maybe icarus' father will make an appearance to avenge his son.

heres a list of all of zeus' children mortal and immortal. as you can see theres still alot to pull from and that doesnt include the offspring of other gods/goddesses and monsters.

http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ZeusFamily.html

AGDISTIS A Hermaphroditic God born when Zeus accidentally impregnated Gaia the Earth. Fearful of this strange creature the gods castrated it, and it became the goddess Kybele. [Agdistis and Kybele and their parents were Phrygian gods later identified with Greek counterparts].

AIGIPAN A Rustic God, son of Zeus and Aix or Boetis (the wife of Pan).

ALATHEIA The Goddess of Truth was a daughter of Zeus.

APHRODITE The Goddess of Love was, according to some, a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Dione (most accounts, however, say she was born in the sea from the severed genitals of Ouranos).

APOLLON The God of Music, Prophecy and Healing was a son of Zeus and the Titaness Leto.

ARES The God of War was a son of Zeus and his wife Hera.

ARTEMIS The Goddess of Hunting and Protectress of Young Girls was a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Leto.

ASOPOS The God of the River Asopos in Argos (Southern Greece) was, according to some, the son of Zeus and Eurynome (most accounts, however, call him a son of Okeanos and Tethys).

ATE The Goddess of Blind Folly and Ruin was, according to some, a daughter of Zeus (others say she was born fatherless to Eris).

ATHENE The Goddess of Warcraft, Wisdom and Craft was sprung directly from the head of Zeus. Her mother was the Titaness Metis whom Zeus had swallowed whole in pregnancy.

BRITOMARTIS The Goddess of Hunting and Fishing Nets was a daughter of Zeus and the Nymphe Karme.

DIKE The Goddess of Justice, one of the three Horai, was a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Themis.

DIONYSOS The God of Wine and Debauchery was a son of Zeus and Semele (or in a few unorthodox accounts, of Zeus and Demeter or Dione).

EILEITHYIA The Goddess (or Goddesses) of Childbirth were daughters of Zeus and Hera.

EIRENE The Goddess of Peace, one of the three Horai, was a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Themis.

ERIS The Goddess of Strife and Warfare was, according to some, a daughter of Zeus and Hera (most, however, say she was a daughter of Nyx).

ERSA The Goddess of the Dew was a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Selene.

EUNOMIA The Goddess of Good Governance, one of the three Horai, was a daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Themis.

HARMONIA The Goddess of Harmony was, according to one author, a daughter of Zeus and the Pleiad Elektra (the usual account makes her a daughter of Ares and Aphrodite who was only fostered by the Pleiad).

HEBE The Goddess of Youth was a daughter of Zeus and Hera.

HEPHAISTOS The God of Smiths was, according to some, a son of Zeus and Hera (though many say Hera conceived him without the assistance of Zeus).

HERMES The God of Merchants, Shepherds and Messengers was a son of Zeus and the Pleiad Maia.

HORAI, THE The three Goddesses of the Seasons (Dike, Eirene, and Eunomia) were daughters of Zeus and the Titaness Themis.

KABEIROI, THE The Gods of the Mysteries of Samothrake were, according to some, sons of Zeus and the Mousa Kalliope (most, however, call them sons of Hephaistos and Kabeiro).

KAIROS The God of Opportunity was the youngest divine son of Zeus.

KENTAUROI KYRPIOI, THE A tribe of Kentauroi (Centaurs) from the island of Kypros (in the Eastern Meditteranean). They sprang from Gaia the Earth when Zeus accidentally impregnated his failed attempt to make love to Aphrodite.

KHARITES, THE The three Goddesses of Grace, Beauty and Mirth (named Aglaia, Euphrosyne and Thaleia) were daughters of Zeus and the Titaness Eurynome.

KORYBANTES SAMOTHRAKIOI, THE The orgiastic demi-gods of the Samothrakian Mysteries were sometimes described as sons of Zeus and the Mousa Kalliope.

LITAI, THE The elderly Goddesses of Prayer were daughters of Zeus.

MELINOE A Demon Goddess of the Underworld, whose body was half black and half white. She as a daughter of Zeus and Persephone.

MOIRAI, THE The three Goddesses of Fate and Destiny (Atropos, Lakhesis and Klotho) were, according to some, daughters of Zeus and the Titaness Themis (others say they were daughters of Nyx, Ananke or Khaos).

MOUSAI, THE The nine Goddesses of Music and Song (named Kalliope, Terpsikhore, Kleio, Euterpe, Ourania, Thaleia, Polyhymnia, Melpomene, Erato) were daughters of Zeus and the Titaness Mnemosyne.

NEMEA A Minor Goddess or Nymphe, daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Selene.

NYMPHAI, THE Nymphai in general were sometimes called the daughters of Zeus.

NYMPHAI THEMEIDES, THE Three Goddess-Nymphai were named as daughters of Zeus and the Titaness Themis.

PALIKOI, THE Twin Gods of the Geysers of Palikoi in Sikelia (Sicily in Southern Italia). They were, according to some, the sons of Zeus and Thaleia (but others say they were sons of Hephaistos and Aitna).

PAN The God of Shepherds was, according to one author, the son of Zeus and Hybris (but others invariably call him a son of Hermes).

PANDEIA A Minor Goddess or Nymphe, daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Selene.

PERSEPHONE The Goddess of the Underworld and Renewal of Spring was a daughter of Zeus and Demeter (or, according to one account, of Zeus and Styx).

PHASIS The God of the River Phasis of Kolkhis (in the Kaukasos, Europe / Asia border) was, according to some, a son of Zeus (other say he was a son of Okeanos and Tethys like the other Rivers).

ZAGREOS The God Zagreos was a son of Zeus and his own daughter Persephone. He was slain by the Titanes, but Zeus recovered the child's heart and fed it to Semele and Zagreos was reborn as the god Dionysos. [Zagreos and his parents were originally Gods of Thrake, later identified with Greek counterparts.]

(2) MORTAL OFFSPRING

AIAKOS A King of the island of Aigina (in Southern Greece). He as the son of Zeus and the Nymphe Aigina.

AITHLIOS The first King of Elis (in Southern Greece), son of Zeus and either Protogeneia or Kalyke.

AKHEILOS A Lydian boy (Asia Minor), son of Zeus and Lamia, who contested with the goddess Aphrodite in beauty.

ALEXANDROS (the Great) An (historical) King of Makedonia (of Northern Greece) and later Conqueror of much of the known world. He was, according to legend, a son of Zeus born to the Makedonian Queen Olympia. [This is a unique example of an historical personage bestowed with mythic origins].

AMPHION A King of Thebes in Boiotia (Central Greece). He was a twin son of Zeus and Antiope.

ARGOS The first King and Eponym of Argos (in Southern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and Niobe.

ARKAS A King and Eponym of Arkadia (in Southern Greece), son of Zeus and Kallisto.

ARKEISIOS A King of the islands of Ithaka and Kephallenia (in Central Greece). He was a son of Zeus, or according to others, of Kephalos and Prokris.

ATYMNIOS A Lord of Krete (in the Greek Aegean). He was a son of Zeus and Kassiopeia.

DARDANOS The first King of the Troad (in Asia Minor). He was a son of Zeus and Elektra, born on the island of Samothrake.

DIOSKOUROI, THE Twin Princes of Lakedaimonia (in Southern Greece) born from an egg laid by Queen Leda. One of the pair, Polydeukes, was fathered by Zeus, but the other, Kastor, was the son of Leda's husband Tyndareus.

EMATHION A King of the island of Samothrake (in the Greek Aegean). He was a son of Zeus and Elektra.

ENDYMION A King of Elis (in Southern Greece). He was the son of Kalyke, either by Zeus or her husband Aithlios.

EPAPHOS A King of Aigyptos (Egypt, in North Africa), son of Zeus and the much-suffering Io.

GRAIKOS A King of the Graikoi tribe of the Pindar Mountains (in Northern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and Thyia.

HELENE A Queen of Sparta (in Southern Greece), wife of Menelaus, who eloped to Troy with her lover Paris. She was a daughter of Zeus by Leda or the goddess Nemesis.

HELLEN A King of Northern & Central Greece and Eponym of the Hellenes (or Greeks). He was, according to some, a son of Zeus and Pyrrha (though others say his father was Pyrrha's husband Deukalion).

HERAKLES (1) The greatest of the Greek heroes. He was born in the Boiotian city of Thebes (in Central Greece) to Alkmene who was seduced by Zeus in the form of her own husband.

HERAKLES (2) A son of Zeus and Lysithoe. According to some, he was a hero who was confused with the younger Herakles (1).

HEROPHILE A Sibylla (or Prophetess) of Libya (in North Africa) and later Delphoi in Phokis (Central Greece). She was a daughter of Zeus and the Libyan queen Lamia.

IARBAS A King of the Moors (of North Africa). He was a son of Zeus and an African Nymphe.

IASION A Prince of the Island of Samothrake (in the Greek Aegean) and Chief-Priest of the Samothrakian Mysteries. He was a son of Zeus and Elektra.

KEROESSA A Nymphe or Princess of Byzantion (on the Bosporos Strait separating Europe and Asia). She was a daughter of Zeus and Io, and mother of Byzas (founder of the famed city).

KOLAXES A Lord of the Tauric Khersonese (in North-Eastern Europe), son of Zeus and the Nymphe Hora.

KORINTHOS A King and Eponym of Korinthos (in Southern Greece). He was a son of Zeus (or, according to others, of Epopeus).

KRINAKOS A King of Olenos, Akhaia (in Southern Greece). He was a son of Zeus.

KRONIOS A Lord of the island of Rhodes (in the Greek Aegean), one of three sons borne to Zeus and the Nymphe Himalia.

KYTOS A Lord of the island of Rhodes (in the Greek Aegean), one of three sons borne to Zeus and the Nymphe Himalia.

LAKEDAIMON The first King of Lakedaimonia (aka Sparta) (in Southern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and the Pleiad Taygete.

LATINOS A King of Latium (in Central Italia), son of Zeus and Pandora.

MAGNES The first King and Eponym of Magnesia (in Thessalia, Northern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and Thyia (or, according to others, of Aiolos and Enarete).

MAKEDON The first King and Eponym of Makedonia (in Northern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and Thyia.

MANES The first King of Lydia (in Asia Minor), a son of Zeus and Gaia.

MEGAROS The first King of Megara (in Southern Greece), son of Zeus and a Sithnid Nymphe.

MELITEUS A Lord and Eponym of the town of Melite in Phthiotis (in Northern Greece). He was a son of Zeus and Othris.

MINOS A King of the island of Krete (in the Greek Aegean). He was a son of Zeus and Europa.

MYRMIDON A King of Phthiotis (in Northern Greece) and Epynom of the Myrmidones tribe. He was a son of Zeus and Eurymedousa.

ORION A Gigante who was born in answer to the prayers of the childless Boiotian (of Central Greece) King Hyrieus. He was conceived by three gods - Zeus, Hermes and Poseidon - who urinated upon a bull's hide and buried it in the earth, to grow an earth-born infant.

PELASGOS A King of Arkadia or Argos (in Southern Greece) and Eponym of the Pelasgian tribes. He was a son of Zeus and Niobe (though others calls him a son of Poseidon and Larissa or an Autokhthon (Earth-Born).

PEIRITHOUS A King of the Lapithai tribe of Thessalia (Northern Greece) who, according to some, was a son of Zeus and Dia (though most authors say the father was Dia's husband King Ixion).

PERSEUS A Hero and later King of Argos then Mykenai (in the Argolis, Southern Greece). He was the son of Zeus and Danae.

POLYDEUKES A Prince of Lakedaimonia (in Southern Greece) who with his twin-brother were known as the Dioskouroi. Polydeukes was the son of Zeus and Leda, while his twin brother was the son of Leda's husband Tyndareus.

RHADAMANTHYS A Lawmaker of Krete (in the Greek Aegean), and later resident of Thebes in Boiotia (Central Greece). Rhadamanthys was a son of Zeus and Europa.

SAON The first King of the island of Samothrake (in the Greek Aegean). According to some he was the son of Zeus and a local Nymphe (but others say he was a son of Hermes and Rhene).

SARPEDON 1 A King of Lykia (in Asia Minor). He was a son of Zeus and Europa.

SARPEDON 2 A King of Lykia (in Asia Minor) who fought in the Trojan War. He was a son of Zeus and Laodameia.

SPARTAIOS A Lord of the island of Rhodes (in the Greek Aegean), one of three sons borne to Zeus and the Nymphe Himalia.

TANTALOS A criminally minded King of Lydia (in Asia Minor), son of Zeus and the Okeanis Plouto.

TARGITAUS The first King of the Skythia (in North-Eastern Europe), son of Zeus and the daughter of Borysthenes.

TITYOS A Giant of Orkhomenos (in Central Greece) who was, according to some, a son of Zeus and Elare (though others say he was a fatherless son of Gaia the Earth).

ZETHOS A King of Thebes in Boiotia (Central Greece). He was a twin son of Zeus and Antiope.

Here's some new information from GDC -- looks tasty!

[quote name='Joystiq.com']We've seen the expertly edited trailer, but today we got our first look at some raw gameplay from Sony's Titan-ic sequel, God of War III. Sony Santa Monica programmers JIm Tilander and Vassily Filippov ended their highly technical discussion of optimizing code for PS3's multiple cores, a.k.a. its SPUs, with a brief 20-second clip.

In it, Kratos squared off against dozens of enemies in a smaller area than was seen in the trailer. These guys, with their tall, blue coffin-shaped shields looked nothing like we've seen in the series to date. In order to dispatch them all, Kratos weakened a cyclops who'd arrived on the scene, triggering a familiar "kill" minigame. Here's where we got to see the creature-riding aspect of the game in an actual gameplay setting. Kratos pearched on the monster's neck while it struggled to throw him off, swinging wildly at anything and everything in its path.

And that was it. The level wasn't paticularly noteworthy, but the sheer amount of enemies on-screen was. The new camera system also came into play, starting off up close to the amazingly detailed Kratos and pulling back as more enemies flooded onscreen. The action itself was fast and smooth. Filippov noted that, when the scene complexity allows it, God of War III will run at 60 frames per second, but it's not locked there. More complex scenes will run slower, but never below 30FPS. So, when's E3 again? Right -- not soon enough.[/quote]

Here's a link to leaked gameplay footage. It might be taken off pretty soon though. Sony doesn't want it out yet. http://www.ps3informer.com/playstation-3/games/god-of-war-iii-leaked-gameplay-footage-010108.php

Personally, I don't think Sony will recover even if GOW3 is a hit because they need more than a few triple A first party games a year to get people buying their console.. They need a ton of 3rd party exclusives like in the PS2 days. Too bad M$ keeps shoveling money to developers to snag the bag.

I heard GTA Lost and Damned sold 300 k last month but MS needs to sell millions just to break even for what they paid Rockstar for it. It doesn't matter though, because MS strategy is to steal all of Sony's 3rd party support and bury Sony this generation no matter how far they put themselves in the red so that they can get the public supporting the xbox brand and dirty up the PlayStation name. I sincerely hope Sony has a way to combat this bullying. The need to pull out the big guns quick.

I prefer buying PS3 versions of games, but I hate it when I read on the back of the box that the xbox version has a higher resolution support like for Soul Calibur IV. PS3 has 720p while xbox has 1080p. Spider-man Web of shadows is the same thing. Gets me mad. They should both be the same quality. Why should i get penalized for supporting my favorite console.

bread's done
Back