God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='Serpentor']certain game mag says the game is for 4th quarter of 2009? Heavy rumor or there's a grain of truth to it?[/QUOTE]

Most likely March 2010, which is the end of FY2009.

you never know if you take god of war 3 and then add to that a ps3 price drop for the holidays i could see it coming out then and pushing alot of consoles. of course to improve that even more they should add in another top teir game for that release period.

If that's the case, i'll buy a Red GoWIII bundle in a heartbeat if they ever offer one. Speaking of bundles, do you guys think there will be a such bundle? If it's a regular PS3, i don't really care, but if it's a red (limited, collector, whatever), i'm in :)

[quote name='Serpentor']If that's the case, i'll buy a Red GoWIII bundle in a heartbeat if they ever offer one. Speaking of bundles, do you guys think there will be a such bundle? If it's a regular PS3, i don't really care, but if it's a red (limited, collector, whatever), i'm in :)[/QUOTE]

If there's gonna be a limited edition bundle w/ a different color, your best bet would be the Japanese market. Like this for "Ryu ga Gotoku 3" aka "Yakuza 3"

ryups3-thumb.jpg

All we get in America is MGS4 Gunmetal Gray. Not bad, but I want a nifty design!

This will be a Huge Spolier to GOD of WAR 3 fanboys,

In 2008 I went to EcoroCon forum at SU in NY. Cory Balrog was the keynote speaker and gave out free copies of GOW2, chaines of olympus, and a psp signed by him (probably sold on Ebay by now). But nonetheless after the conference a group of SU students and staff had a formalized reception dinner at the renaissance hotel on the top floor. So like most GOW fanboys I got to sit with him and chatted about the series. Most of the conversation was about level builds, boss battles, pre production of GOW2, GOW 1, and best of all GOW 3.

Things I learned from Cory:
1. Athena is still alive and will be somewhat driving Kratos through the game as his consciousness.

2. Boss battles will be on the scale of The shadow of colossus ( kept hinting on the fact the design team really loves the scope of the game)

3. Mentioning the fact that the titans will betray Kratos as well and is set up as the fall guy prior to his existence

4. Choas is actually a boss ( ready at dawn wanted to do this as the main focus for CoO)

5. The gates of Hades and the Cerberus

6. Christopher Lee was supposed to play Zeus but was a complete arrogant prick about doing the voice acting. Especially when he would only do one take to be recorded and it had to be done in Britain.

7. Hera will play a large role in Kratos's past

8. Said that the phoenix rising:with kratos rising to the tower of fate was actually a complete level build but was taken out due to sony's deadline.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Can we please have a different set of tags for the site, known as the Bullshit Tags.[/quote]

You said it not me!

:lol:

Anyhow, like i said, i'm into any GoW III related stuff, here goes:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4902.html

By now, you would figure that most developers have discovered much of the PlayStation 3's potent capability, but SCEA says that many designers haven't quite grasped the system's potential just yet.
As reported by GameZine, the team responsible for God of War III says the PS3's SPUs are "much faster than many developers think they are." Sony Santa Monica team members Jim Tilander and Vassily Filippov gave a keynote at last month's GDC entitled, "Practical SPU Programming," and the audience learned a great deal about the technical specifics surrounding Sony's machine. During the speech, they explained how the SPUs "aren't actually coprocessors but are full general purpose processors that can handle code directly lifted from the PPU." And, oh yeah, they're extremely fast. As it turns out, the studio used these very capable SPUs to "accelerate both the PlayStation 3's GPU (RSX) and the PPU." Basically, if GoWIII turns out to be as incredible as we all hope it will be, you're going to have to thank the SPUs, which clearly handle a great deal of the workload. In the end, the team asked developers to recognize the "parallel nature" of Sony's console, and not to view the SPUs as a "special case."
Speed is everything. The PS3 allows developers to do things with a console they've never been able to do before, but it takes some effort and dedication to tap into the majority of the machine's power. We say, keep pluggin' away.

I was just hoppin' in here to post that info.

GoWI and II on BD would be crazy enticing, but I'm sure someone's going to come and shit up the thread with their demands for enhanced graphics, or online play, or trophies, or some shit for those two.

...but, yeah. Those two games on one disc would be one of the few things this gen worth buying an LE for. Couldn't give a fuck about the other opitions (Kratos bust, keychaing, t-shirt, making of documentary, exclusive DLC, etc.).

All text options, folks. No pictures of anything, FWIW.

I got this email and I thought some of you would be interested in seeing the question and answer choices .

The most exciting of choices I'd say is God Of War 1 & 2 on Blu-ray Disc .

Sony_2-1.jpg

SCREEN BREAK

Sony_3.jpg

Some idiot locked the thread I started , I went through alot of work to post that for the community .

[quote name='KingBroly']Maybe we should have a title change for this one reflecting the 'vote GOW I & II for BR release' mentality.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly , that's why I went through all of the trouble to post the survvey the first time, but I don't control this thread so I did the next best thing .

Myke even said he came in here to do the same thing .

Anyway try to get votes for the Blu-ray GOW 1 & 2 , not that it should be hard .

I guess it works. Kinda wish it emphasized the possibility of GOW I & II coming to PS3 proper, though. Although, the possibility of having a Blades of Chaos edition is also enticing.

[quote name='Richlough']Myke even said he came in here to do the same thing .[/QUOTE]

Damn skippy. It's brilliant: give away two games that people can't play on their PS3s (mostly) due to a lack of BC, and you're giving 20 (plus or minus) hours of awesome, awesome fucking gameplay for the minimal cost of whatever the difference b/w $60 and the LE is.

Meanwhile, you're not losing sales of the GH version, because, again, these folks aren't buying the PS2 discs to play on the PS3. They fucking CAN'T!

Strangely enough, there's some weird sense to be made in missing BC. Still sucks on the whole, though.

I was under the impression that if the games were on the disk I (40gb owner) would be able to play them on my PS3. If not thats a crock of shit. I would like to see the percentage of PS3s on the market that have backwards compatability. Gotta be around 20%, and there is no way they would make a collectors edition for only 20% of PS3 owners

I voted for the shirt, DLC, statue, and comic book. I voted against GoW1 and 2, because I own both those games and have a back-compatible PS3.

[quote name='smiggity']I was under the impression that if the games were on the disk I (40gb owner) would be able to play them on my PS3. If not thats a crock of shit. I would like to see the percentage of PS3s on the market that have backwards compatability. Gotta be around 20%, and there is no way they would make a collectors edition for only 20% of PS3 owners[/quote]

I think that was the gist of what they were saying. The everyone could play it part.

Damn, guess I'll be dropping the $$$ whenever the CE comes out now that it's pretty much confirmed. But, as a GoW fan who has all 3 games already out and 3 different action figures, there's not much on that list that really gets me excited. Maybe if they throw in some cool unique collectible like the Blades of Chaos (yeah, I know that won't happen).

[quote name='craigbezzle']I voted for the shirt, DLC, statue, and comic book. I voted against GoW1 and 2, because I own both those games and have a back-compatible PS3.[/quote]
That is a dumb justification :wall:

Anyways, even if GOW 1 and 2 wins - there is no way in hell they are including it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it won't be likely, but if the GoW I&II do come out for Blu-Ray, I really hope it will take the saves I already have for them on my PS3 (mine's bc). I do not want to have to beat both of them on God and Titan mode, but I will if it's the only option I have.

Seriously, if you're going to spend $20-$who knows much more on a CE of a game don't you want something more than a t-shirt you'll never wear in public (well, atleast shouldn't), and a toy that is going to sit there and deter girls/make your wife think twice every time she sees it?

[quote name='craigbezzle']I voted for the shirt, DLC, statue, and comic book. I voted against GoW1 and 2, because I own both those games and have a back-compatible PS3.[/QUOTE]

You're a knucklehead.

Not for voting against GoW1/2. That's stupid, sure.

But who wants a video game t-shirt? Who you gonna impress with that bad-asery?

Game shirts = pro wrestling shirts. Most people own one, only a select few are dumb enough to wear them in public places.

The thing is, Sony's painted themselves into a corner here. If they don't release GoW1/2 w/ the CE, there's going to be a lot of anger pointed in their direction.

I don't wear game shirts guys, I have a collection dating back to an old Street Fighter 2 shirt I got back when I was a kid.

I might be new here, but why is everyone here an asshole? Jump to conclusions, much?

Why would I pay money for games I already own? That makes no sense. Game shirts are my "collectible," so that's what I voted for.

Jeez.

And why is that justification dumb? I'm either spending money to get new stuff, or getting stuff I already own.

You make the call.

Oh the goodies! Thanks all for the new info, i definitely missed it...

I don't know man, any LE is cool with me. GoW2 comes with a bonus dvd for the same price.

I don't mind GoW 1 and 2 on BD :) even though i have both already. Well, while at it, why not PSP's CoO? Asking too much i know...

No t-shirts please...

I'm with ^this^ guy, I'd rather have Chains of Olympus, because if you didn't have a PSP you didn't get to play it. Pretty much everyone and their mother had a PS2 and beat GoW1/2 multiple times. I honestly doubt I would play them on the CE GoW3 unless they added trophies.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think that was the gist of what they were saying. The everyone could play it part.[/quote]

Thank you KB

I hope the CE is good, whatever they decide to do with it...more and more CEs are not really that great, just a few cheap things to take money from the real fans...or maybe just the really-stupid fans. it looks like the new batman game might have things right, but it seems a little $$

[quote name='craigbezzle']I'm with ^this^ guy, I'd rather have Chains of Olympus, because if you didn't have a PSP you didn't get to play it. Pretty much everyone and their mother had a PS2 and beat GoW1/2 multiple times. I honestly doubt I would play them on the CE GoW3 unless they added trophies.[/quote]

What? You haven't play CoO yet? Man, it was very satisfying given that it's on the portable. If you get trophies for GoW 1, 2 and CoO, hell, i don't mind playing all three all over again.

For the record, CoO connects the GoW series quite well. It actually intensify the relationship between Kratos, the Olympian gods and the Titans.

I say, let's just bring out the bloody red PS3 bundle. Let there be blood and chaos! I don't mind a lusty red PS3 at all... in addition to my gunmetal gray PS3. The Cloud black PS3 is not that great.

And for the record, yes, i'm a God of War nut. I love the story so much that i end up reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians (not a bad series by the way).

Yeah I'm honestly ashamed I haven't played Chains yet, but I really just don't have the eyes for portable games. The DS made me sick on a recent trip I made. I may end up snagging my friend's Kratos PSP for a week or so, so I can beat it a time or 2.

That's some friend you got there :)

If my friend wants to borrow it, i'll lend him/her the fat PSP. Nobody is touching my red PSP. I haven't seen the GoW PSP bundle for a while, i wonder it's still available in the stores...

[quote name='craigbezzle']I'm with ^this^ guy, I'd rather have Chains of Olympus, because if you didn't have a PSP you didn't get to play it. Pretty much everyone and their mother had a PS2 and beat GoW1/2 multiple times. I honestly doubt I would play them on the CE GoW3 unless they added trophies.[/quote]
Aren't you selling your PS3? How you planning on playing GoW3?

i hope they dont do that shit. the gow series has always given you plenty of awesome stuff for one damn price. hell the gow2 game had massive amount of stuff all for a reasonable prie so why cant they just stick with that for gow 3? that said the only thing that would make me buy it would be if they added fully optimized versions of all the previous gow games in it.

[quote name='craigbezzle']I don't wear game shirts guys, I have a collection dating back to an old Street Fighter 2 shirt I got back when I was a kid.

I might be new here, but why is everyone here an asshole? Jump to conclusions, much?

Why would I pay money for games I already own? That makes no sense. Game shirts are my "collectible," so that's what I voted for.

Jeez.

And why is that justification dumb? I'm either spending money to get new stuff, or getting stuff I already own.

You make the call.[/quote]I totally get where your coming from. The point of a survey is to understand one's opinion. That was YOUR survey to take so you put what YOU wanted. I would have done the same thing. I have a BC PS3 and got both GoW 1&2 from amazon's black friday. No use for the inclusions of the games in the CE.

Also, there are assholes everywhere and on every site. Some people just can't accept that their way of thinking is not the same as everyone elses. fuck 'em!!!!

GoW III .....can't wait!!! Go PS3!!!

i guess not... honestly, just give us a GoWIII packed like GoWII (with bonus disc at the price of regular version). You can't please everyone with the packaging...

bread's done
Back