God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='tlwizard']Thanks so much. Much obliged. You like it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is pretty neat. It's not very big, it's probably 4" x 6" or so with glossy full color pages. I haven't looked through all of it, mainly because I don't want to get fingerprints all over it.

Pandora's box is really big too.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']the meter is full, its a
psp game
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Looks like Ready at Dawn is involved so I'm happy that they'll be handling it.

Now... the wait to find out what the game is about is on.

[quote name='Vinny']Awesome! Looks like Ready at Dawn is involved so I'm happy that they'll be handling it.

Now... the wait to find out what the game is about is on.[/QUOTE]

God of War: Ghost of Sparta takes place between God of War and God of War II.

From the little tidbits of information, it seems like they want to make the game longer, and push the PSP more than they did with God of War: Chains of Olympus.

Ready At Dawn = Best PSP dev. I'm excited.

[quote name='smiggity']Lame as hell. Id much rather take some DLC or a prologue of some sort over a PSP game[/QUOTE]

So, you'd rather get a 1-2 hour long (if that) DLC than a full fledged PSP game? Have you even played Chains of Olympus? Besides, Stig already said he wasn't working on anything so it's unlikely we'll get any DLC soon... though it's not out of the question as Ready at Dawn will be developing this title, leaving Santa Monica to work on something else...

If CoO was any indication, this is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see what kind of stuff Kratos did before GoWII.

No PSP :(
Not good enough reason to buy one either :(

I hope Sony announces a new PSP during E3 with HD graphics and some form of media slot. I'm waiting on the next iteration (unless something comes out that's too good to miss).

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']the meter is full, its a
psp game
[/QUOTE]

Woo hoo. Oh wait. I don't have(and don't want at anything over $50)a fuckin' PSP.

fuck you, Sony(and the horse you milking fuckers rode in on).

I'm glad I didn't hesitate and keep GOW 3 thinking it would be an announcement for some free DLC that expands the storyline from the PS3 game.

yeah all that time one a website only to see them advertise a new psp game is kind of a letdown. i know itll probably never happen but tid be cool i they made it where the ps3 could play psp games. yeah it would cut down on psp sales but id be willing to be their psp game sales would go up.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah all that time one a website only to see them advertise a new psp game is kind of a letdown. i know itll probably never happen but tid be cool i they made it where the ps3 could play psp games. yeah it would cut down on psp sales but id be willing to be their psp game sales would go up.[/QUOTE]

I can't quite imagine how I'd feel if I actually had a PSP though. I'd probably be happy, but don't know if I'd be more happy with some DLC for the PS3 version or maybe even announce the next GoW game for PS3 (whatever it may be).

Hi, everyone. I platted the game and I had one hell of a fun time doing it. Then I hop on youtube and saw some guys finishing the game on the hardest mode and not even upgrading anything one bit. Talk about some mad skills. I doubt I'm even gonna touch chaos mode. I'm gonna use my huge backlog of games as an excuse. :) Is there anybody on CAG that can pull that off?

[quote name='inanim8']Hi, everyone. I platted the game and I had one hell of a fun time doing it. Then I hop on youtube and saw some guys finishing the game on the hardest mode and not even upgrading anything one bit. Talk about some mad skills. I doubt I'm even gonna touch chaos mode. I'm gonna use my huge backlog of games as an excuse. :) Is there anybody on CAG that can pull that off?[/QUOTE]

the real question is who the hell wants to waste time trying to ? i beat it , got my trophies and im done. theres nothing there worth playing again and even worse than all that for all the hassle i went through to get those 2 skins i never got to use them and i dont like the game enough to go through it again just to use them.

[quote name='lokizz']the real question is who the hell wants to waste time trying to ? I beat it , got my trophies and im done. Theres nothing there worth playing again and even worse than all that for all the hassle i went through to get those 2 skins i never got to use them and i dont like the game enough to go through it again just to use them.[/quote]

qft

I wimped out. I beat it on Titan mode (fricking hard) but I couldn't beat the challenges.
I might go back and try sometime, but FF13 was waiting for me. I have way too many games to play and too little time.

I loved the game though.

[quote name='lokizz']the real question is who the hell wants to waste time trying to ? i beat it , got my trophies and im done. theres nothing there worth playing again and even worse than all that for all the hassle i went through to get those 2 skins i never got to use them and i dont like the game enough to go through it again just to use them.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think I got rid of my copy so soon after beating it and letting a friend and their family beat it as well? I had no interest to keep trying to get a better time or search the entire game world for some cockamamie collectible bs to get 100%. All I wanted to see was the ending of the trilogy and I saw that, so now I'm done with the God Of War series(unless I find some crackhead selling a PSP for $15 like the one time when I only had $10 on me:bomb:).

The game was short but pretty and why did they leave in the credit for Michael Clarke Duncan as Atlas when it's obvious that's the battle they cut from the game.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']the real question is who the hell wants to waste time trying to ? i beat it , got my trophies and im done. theres nothing there worth playing again and even worse than all that for all the hassle i went through to get those 2 skins i never got to use them and i dont like the game enough to go through it again just to use them.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I know I wouldn't waste my time but I thought they were pretty badass considering how difficult it was for me to beat titan mode. Unless the videos were their 50th attempt, they made it look easy. They'll finish the game in less time than us playing normal mode.

[quote name='jh6269']I wimped out. I beat it on Titan mode (fricking hard) but I couldn't beat the challenges.
I might go back and try sometime, but FF13 was waiting for me. I have way too many games to play and too little time.

I loved the game though.[/QUOTE]

Check out youtube if you need help. The only one that was a little difficult might be the getting stoned challenge. Well I played this right after getting the platinum trophies from GoW collection. I thought those challenges were harder.

[quote name='inanim8']Check out youtube if you need help. The only one that was a little difficult might be the getting stoned challenge. Well I played this right after getting the platinum trophies from GoW collection. I thought those challenges were harder.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought the GoW collection ones were easier for me at least. I just platinumed them just before 3 came out as well. I may have to check out youtube then. I think I'm stuck on the one where you have to kill everyone in the time limit and not use weapons. I've figured out how to throw enemies at guys and knock them off the side, but I always end up with like 3 seconds left and like 2 guys.

I finally just had to move on b/c I have FF13 (like I said) and Ratchet ACiT is still shrinkwrapped on my shelf.

[quote name='jh6269']Really? I thought the GoW collection ones were easier for me at least. I just platinumed them just before 3 came out as well. I may have to check out youtube then. I think I'm stuck on the one where you have to kill everyone in the time limit and not use weapons. I've figured out how to throw enemies at guys and knock them off the side, but I always end up with like 3 seconds left and like 2 guys.

I finally just had to move on b/c I have FF13 (like I said) and Ratchet ACiT is still shrinkwrapped on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

The bigger guys in that challenge are pretty easy actually. Get them close to the edge by throwing guys at them, then push them off the edge without falling off yourself.

Then just start chucking the smaller guys off the edge after they're gone and you should pass the challenge pretty quickly.

[quote name='jh6269']Really? I thought the GoW collection ones were easier for me at least. I just platinumed them just before 3 came out as well. I may have to check out youtube then. I think I'm stuck on the one where you have to kill everyone in the time limit and not use weapons. I've figured out how to throw enemies at guys and knock them off the side, but I always end up with like 3 seconds left and like 2 guys.

I finally just had to move on b/c I have FF13 (like I said) and Ratchet ACiT is still shrinkwrapped on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

I think the most effective way to clear that challenge is to pick up one of the smaller enemies and use him as a battering ram. Just keep circling around the bigger guys. Don't even bother grabbing the hammer from the enemy when the circle appears. Just keep ramming away. The cyclops are easier to knock off the platform. Took me just a few rams. The rest you can throw off the platform.

[quote name='inanim8']I think the most effective way to clear that challenge is to pick up one of the smaller enemies and use him as a battering ram. Just keep circling around the bigger guys. Don't even bother grabbing the hammer from the enemy when the circle appears. Just keep ramming away. The cyclops are easier to knock off the platform. Took me just a few rams. The rest you can throw off the platform.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the strategy I used, but wasn't able to pull it off. I'll come back to the game at some point and see if I can do it. I really would like to play some more God of War (and get another platinum ;) )

Hello to all,, can someone give a new to gaming a little help? I just started learning how to run this kind of plat forum . ( Have in the past played on computers.) So here it goes,, I bought God of War 3 and I just started to learn some of these moves, I can't lift the tree out of the way!! ( at the very start of the game.)
I know about using R1 and 0 button but I can hold it but can't seem to drag it in any direction..

[quote name='DCT']Hello to all,, can someone give a new to gaming a little help? I just started learning how to run this kind of plat forum . ( Have in the past played on computers.) So here it goes,, I bought God of War 3 and I just started to learn some of these moves, I can't lift the tree out of the way!! ( at the very start of the game.)
I know about using R1 and 0 button but I can hold it but can't seem to drag it in any direction..[/QUOTE]

i think youre just suposed to keep tapping the circle button.

I just got the game for $30 on gamestop.com and, while I liked it, it fell short in a couple areas. First, it's too short. I was hoping for 12-15 hours, not seven or eight. There's also a lot of small annoyances in the game like pointless ledge deaths or having to mash the circle button all the time and also the antiquated qte's. I'm still deciding whether I want to have this game in my collection or get back my money by selling.

I didn't realize I was playing fucking Star Fox near the end of the game. Totally annoying and frustrating.
The flying part getting back to the Surface to smash up the three Judges.

Hey, the end of GoWIII is not nearly bad as the reunion of "Lost" you know... Like i've said before, they have to put an end to Kratos' quest for total destruction and gamers need a closure to Kratos' end. It's pretty much like Jack from Lost
replugged the island's heart, death and rebirth... What matters is the process in between, the things we remember

Finally got around to playing this game and really enjoying it. The graphics are beautiful and really enjoying the blood and water. Also like how you kill the gods, very brutal and graphic.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Anybody win a prize from the gamestop GOW 3 contest? They just sent a DLC code for a digital stratagy guide.[/QUOTE]
I got a Kratos mask from it. :D

Wow, i just started to play this game again today and ran into this part of the level with missing floor.

dcp2941.jpg

dcp2940.jpg

There are always little creepy things here and there in a game... In Heavy Rain, i saw a police officer ran through the walls (he suppose to be outside, but the walls "disappeared")... In Prince of Persia TFS, you can fall into an abyss in a confined room (apparently one of the corners is glitched). In Rainbow Six 2, gun barrels sticking out of walls...

[quote name='Serpentor']There are always little creepy things here and there in a game... In Heavy Rain, i saw a police officer ran through the walls (he suppose to be outside, but the walls "disappeared")... In Prince of Persia TFS, you can fall into an abyss in a confined room (apparently one of the corners is glitched). In Rainbow Six 2, gun barrels sticking out of walls...[/QUOTE]

I walked through a bunch of people in the first police station cutscene in Heavy Rain. I was so disgusted with how lazy that was.. great game other than that though. :)

[quote name='agentghost']any new DLC for God of War III or the support just dropped from the face of the earth?[/QUOTE]

i believe it was posted here some pages back, there's another Titan fight for DLC? Must be rumor...

In the art book that came with the Ultimate Edition, there was this Argus creature (the one with hundred eyes, a spy from Hera), he suppose to be in the game, but got canceled (reason being too alien like, doesn't fit well will Kratos and the rest of the setting). Who knows, maybe he's a mini-boss...

[quote name='agentghost']any new DLC for God of War III or the support just dropped from the face of the earth?[/QUOTE]

Looks like nothing... I haven't heard anything about any DLC and the last time Stig talked (just after the game was released), he said that they're not working on anything. I don't think anybody ever said that any DLC is actually coming... just that they'd be interested in it.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like nothing... I haven't heard anything about any DLC and the last time Stig talked (just after the game was released), he said that they're not working on anything. I don't think anybody ever said that any DLC is actually coming... just that they'd be interested in it.[/QUOTE]

hmm. thanks for the info.. I guess i have mixed feeling about this news then.

I am happy that Sony didn't pull the "content from the main game ripped off as DLC"

but I am sad.. since I want more Kratos.. hehe

My Game stop is selling GOW Ultimate Guide for $14.99. Should I get it or it has nothing worth paying extra for?

[quote name='Serpentor']Save the $15... it's not a collectible and it's not really that helpful.[/QUOTE]

seriously none of the gow stuff will be and when you factor in how toysrus was selling gow3 ultimate edition bundles for 19.99 youd be better off picking one of those up. that was a very fast price drop for a se of a game. i wonder if theres ever been a se of a game that stayed valuable.

[quote name='lokizz']seriously none of the gow stuff will be and when you factor in how toysrus was selling gow3 ultimate edition bundles for 19.99 youd be better off picking one of those up. that was a very fast price drop for a se of a game. i wonder if theres ever been a se of a game that stayed valuable.[/QUOTE]

the First WOW CE expansion.. go up to $1K on Ebay.. the same goes for Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition

[quote name='agentghost']the First WOW CE expansion.. go up to $1K on Ebay.. the same goes for Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition[/QUOTE]

holy shit thas pretty impressive so is it a limited number release and thats why theyre valuable?

bread's done
Back