God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='sinkingships']never picked up a god of war game before pre-ordering this actually.. should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Really missing out.I never picked up a GOW game but when I played the PSP version of GOW I knew the console version had to be kick ass and I was right.Very good series.

Can you even use the skin codes yet? If you can, but you can only use 1 per account, I'm going to wait on getting the Dominus skin from the Ultimate Edition.

FrankCastleAZ must consist of some part awesome sauce. I was saved a LONG trip just to get some stuff from GameCrazy thanks to him. Huzzah!

And to KingBroly, you can redeem the codes on the GoWIII website, and they'll e-mail you PSN redemption codes once the game comes out or something like that. If you were asking about redeeming those PSN codes now, usually that pre-order stuff isn't redeemable until much closer to release date (most often the day of release, or at best a day or two before). I don't know how they're going to enforce the 1 per account thing if you just redeem all the codes using different e-mail addresses.

[quote name='sinkingships']never picked up a god of war game before pre-ordering this actually.. should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and grab the God of War Collection.

[quote name='Nirron']you can redeem the codes on the GoWIII website, and they'll e-mail you PSN redemption codes once the game comes out or something like that. If you were asking about redeeming those PSN codes now, usually that pre-order stuff isn't redeemable until much closer to release date (most often the day of release, or at best a day or two before). I don't know how they're going to enforce the 1 per account thing if you just redeem all the codes using different e-mail addresses.[/QUOTE]

If you go to www.godofwar.com/skins to regester a preorder code once, you're fine. But if you enter another code, it says something like "voucher already redeemed." You are allowed one preorder skin per account.

For me, I want all 5 skins. The 7-eleven and Ultimate edition skins are coming out March 16th, so they are not affected. However, the three preorder skins (GameStop, GameCrazy, Amazon) are. I am putting the codes on other PSN names so when they e-mail it, I can put them all on my main account. If all else fails, I can just gameshare with myself- which is absurd.

These skins are unlockable within the game though right? I could see why they limit them to 1 if you can unlock them within the game. Personally i like the gamestop skin the most out of the three pre order skins. But the one that comes with the ultimate edition is best. I hope i can use the UE skin and at least one of the pre order skins.

[quote name='The 7th Number']These skins are unlockable within the game though right? I could see why they limit them to 1 if you can unlock them within the game. Personally i like the gamestop skin the most out of the three pre order skins. But the one that comes with the ultimate edition is best. I hope i can use the UE skin and at least one of the pre order skins.[/QUOTE]

i think after a while youll be able to dl them from psn.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If you go to www.godofwar.com/skins to regester a preorder code once, you're fine. But if you enter another code, it says something like "voucher already redeemed." You are allowed one preorder skin per account.

For me, I want all 5 skins. The 7-eleven and Ultimate edition skins are coming out March 16th, so they are not affected. However, the three preorder skins (GameStop, GameCrazy, Amazon) are. I am putting the codes on other PSN names so when they e-mail it, I can put them all on my main account. If all else fails, I can just gameshare with myself- which is absurd.[/QUOTE]

I guess my question of limiting it to one account is due to this statement on the page you linked: " PSN will email you a new Promotion Code to the address you provided when registering your PlayStation®Network account. The email will include instructions on how to download and install the Character Skin via PSN account management to your PS3™ system."

They make it sound like you'll just get a redeemable code e-mailed to your registered address. All that really seems to be necessary is to create 1 or 2 dummy PSN accounts, redeem one code per, and then when you receive the 2+ skin codes, redeem them all on the same account. Since it's not horribly difficult or time consuming to create a PSN account I'd never use, I did this for the GS/GameCrazy codes. My main wonder is if Sony will or even CAN do anything to limit you from redeeming all 3 codes on one account, as long as three different accounts are e-mailed three different codes, unless I am horribly misreading that above bolded statement.

[quote name='Nirron']I guess my question of limiting it to one account is due to this statement on the page you linked: " PSN will email you a new Promotion Code to the address you provided when registering your PlayStation®Network account. The email will include instructions on how to download and install the Character Skin via PSN account management to your PS3™ system."

They make it sound like you'll just get a redeemable code e-mailed to your registered address. All that really seems to be necessary is to create 1 or 2 dummy PSN accounts, redeem one code per, and then when you receive the 2+ skin codes, redeem them all on the same account. Since it's not horribly difficult or time consuming to create a PSN account I'd never use, I did this for the GS/GameCrazy codes. My main wonder is if Sony will or even CAN do anything to limit you from redeeming all 3 codes on one account, as long as three different accounts are e-mailed three different codes, unless I am horribly misreading that above bolded statement.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I think I will try that for my codes as well.

[quote name='TC']Do yourself a favor and grab the God of War Collection.[/QUOTE]

i'll see if i like this game first. i know, reverse order, but oh well.

Meh. I'll still wait for a couple good sized price drops or just borrow my buddies' brother in law's copy(since he loved the first two and may well buy or at least rent this), since I'm still not willing to pay MSRP for this game.

Shiny, shiny, pretty, pretty. Same old shit, different year.

[quote name='KingBroly']The new trailer is up on Gametrailers. Prepare to be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Surprised by what? How awesome it looks? Otherwise i dont see anything surprising.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Surprised by what? How awesome it looks? Otherwise i dont see anything surprising.[/QUOTE]

Well, the facts that...
A - it's all real time
B - it's 60fps

Just finished the demo and it was really cool. I loved the end, i cant wait to get the full game!

Do you think this demo is appropriate for a 12 year old to play? They show harpee boobs, which arent anything special, but some of the gore might be too much for a 12 year old. Though he has played games like Gears of war. I hate to deny him of playing it, but then again i dont think the full game will be suited for him. So why give him a taste of this game, when he probably wont be allowed to play the full game?

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']No prob on the codes guys.

and I still have plenty more GoWIII Demo codes and Forgotten Warrior Skin codes.

So keep em coming

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the skin code!

Apparently GS has some new poster for pre-ordering GoWIII signed by Andy Park (some Concept Artist apparently), though the e-mail I got notes that supplies are extremely limited.

I'm assuming this is the poster as well, as it was the only image in the e-mail:
gow3poster.jpg

It's apparently a bonus you can get right now rather than at the game's release. For those who already pre-ordered it at GS, the e-mail said to just go to the nearest GS, confirm your pre-order, and they should give you the poster (providing they still have one).

Here's all the text from the e-mail:
The Greek hero Kratos is coming back to do two things: to eat Baklava and to rain carnage and destruction upon the gods who betrayed him. And he just ran out of Baklava. In case you're wondering whether you should reserve God of War III, did we mention the raining of carnage and destruction?

If that's not incentive enough, you can also get an exclusive poster, autographed by Concept Artist Andy Park, when you pre-order God of War III at your local GameStop store, while supplies last.

If you've already pre-ordered God of War III, just stop by the GameStop where you made your reservation and verify your pre-order to get your poster. This offer is only available in stores, and supplies are extremely limited. So drop what you're doing and head to your local GameStop now

[quote name='Nirron']It's apparently a bonus you can get right now rather than at the game's release. For those who already pre-ordered it at GS, the e-mail said to just go to the nearest GS, confirm your pre-order, and they should give you the poster (providing they still have one).

Here's all the text from the e-mail:
The Greek hero Kratos is coming back to do two things: to eat Baklava and to rain carnage and destruction upon the gods who betrayed him. And he just ran out of Baklava. In case you're wondering whether you should reserve God of War III, did we mention the raining of carnage and destruction?

If that's not incentive enough, you can also get an exclusive poster, autographed by Concept Artist Andy Park, when you pre-order God of War III at your local GameStop store, while supplies last.

If you've already pre-ordered God of War III, just stop by the GameStop where you made your reservation and verify your pre-order to get your poster. This offer is only available in stores, and supplies are extremely limited. So drop what you're doing and head to your local GameStop now
[/QUOTE]

No luck, they did not know what I was talking about.

Got a demo code. PM me if you want it. You must be a member here for at least 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']Just finished the demo and it was really cool. I loved the end, i cant wait to get the full game!

Do you think this demo is appropriate for a 12 year old to play? They show harpee boobs, which arent anything special, but some of the gore might be too much for a 12 year old. Though he has played games like Gears of war. I hate to deny him of playing it, but then again i dont think the full game will be suited for him. So why give him a taste of this game, when he probably wont be allowed to play the full game?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be worse than GTA IV which more parents let their 5 year olds play :roll:

[quote name='Cheapass24']Couldn't be worse than GTA IV which more parents let their 5 year olds play :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL I just love all of the idiots who blast their music, scream into their headsets or use the N word and swear every other second like it's so cool.

It's made me want to get rid of my headset altogether.:cry:

What do you play when you do play GTA IV though? I'm always messing around in a free mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...standing-be-the-first-to-play-god-of-war-iii/

Do you have what it takes to prove your worth as the Ultimate Warrior in the Spartan Army! Some of you have already shown your allegiance and passion during the Ultimate Edition Fan Video Contest, but now Sony and SPIKE TV challenge you once again on your strength and loyalty.

Embrace your inner warrior and join us on a quest to become the LAST TITAN STANDING, a thirty minute God of War III SPIKE TV special that will air the night before God of War III’s big release on March 16th. The story, puzzles, and straight-up action in God of War III will be recreated and YOU can be standing in the midst of the battles. SPIKE TV is looking for brute power, acute intellect, and the fastest PlayStation 3 trigger finger that’s ready to rumble.

The deadline is Friday, February 19, 2010, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time — But, producers stress to apply ASAP!

It's a decent size. I compared it to my History of Link poster (which is 16.5 x 28.7) and it compared nicely. I'd say it's somewhere along the lines of 22-25 x 17-18. It's also of the image I link earlier in a spoiler (post 661).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-gamestop-pre-order-sweepstakes-announced/

Today GameStop announced a God of War III Sweepstakes that gives fans a shot at prizes even the Gods would envy. Want pizza for a year or the ultimate Sony Home Entertainment System? Maybe a VIP trip to a premier music festival or MMA experience in Las Vegas? GameStop is giving away four weekly grand prizes and more than 2,200 ungodly prizes through March 15 exclusively for GameStop pre-order customers.

I went to my local GS yesterday and they said they aren't giving out the posters until the game comes out. If anyone has an extra one I'll trade a Big Daddy Home Avatar code for it (they're going for $20-$25 on eBay atm).

[quote name='Darknyss']I went to my local GS yesterday and they said they aren't giving out the posters until the game comes out. If anyone has an extra one I'll trade a Big Daddy Home Avatar code for it (they're going for $20-$25 on eBay atm).[/QUOTE]+

Thats good news.

GoW III will have seamless loading like Uncharted 2 and no install required. Only a few cutscenes are prerendered so that 35 gb is not taken up by cutscenes.

for those of you who preordered gow3 online at gs how long did it take for you to get your preorder bonus? or are those being released upon the games release?

It's the E3 demo. I downloaded it off the EU store and when I tried to install the demo, it told me that I had that version already installed. Considering I already had the E3 demo installed from months ago, it's probably a safe bet that it's the same.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you who preordered gow3 online at gs how long did it take for you to get your preorder bonus? or are those being released upon the games release?[/QUOTE]

I got my demo codes already, it took like 24 - 48 hours I believe.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Ultimate Edition is not being sold at Amazon anymore? There's one listing for 1 new for $2,000. Wow, I'm glad I'm getting mine for $89.99 :D

[quote name='jh6269']I got my demo codes already, it took like 24 - 48 hours I believe.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Ultimate Edition is not being sold at Amazon anymore? There's one listing for 1 new for $2,000. Wow, I'm glad I'm getting mine for $89.99 :D[/QUOTE]

i didnt realize you got a demo with it but vie already had that for a while. no i meant the phantom of chaos skin but i read the info again on the site and they said they email those out once the game releases. damn i cant wait just a few more weeks.................

I noticed it wasnt being sold anymore through amazon, i also got mine for 89.99. I added 10 dollars for 1 day shipping! Otherwise the expected shipping date was 6 days after release, and i would have to wait another 5+ days for it to be delivered. I dont want to wait 2 weeks to get it!

bread's done
Back