GOG Deals Thread

I have Riddick on Steam, and am considering getting it on GOG.

I might get Darklands too. I dunno about Undying since I already have that boxed...

What games are must haves from the atari sale, my wallet depends on your recommendations!
I'm picking up RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. Already bought 3 on the Steam sale, but I've heard that they play differently enough that I should be able to enjoy both. (Also heard from a friend that 2 is better than 3, but after doing some research, it seems like the community is divided on that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, just read that the Tages server for Riddick doesn't seem to be working much if at all these days, so I caved and bought it at GOG.

It sucks... I got the game as a gift from a friend some years ago and I never got to even play it on Steam.

Welp, just read that the Tages server for Riddick doesn't seem to be working much if at all these days, so I caved and bought it at GOG.

It sucks... I got the game as a gift from a friend some years ago and I never got to even play it on Steam.
The Retail and Steam-versions of Riddick really should have that Tages DRM patched-out of it.

There's no need for it to remain for the SP-portion of a game, when the game's old and often dirt-cheap.

The Retail and Steam-versions of Riddick really should have that Tages DRM patched-out of it.

There's no need for it to remain for the SP-portion of a game, when the game's old and often dirt-cheap.
Do you think Atari even -cares-? They got their money from selling the games, screw everyone.

3uao9x.jpg

This reminds me of the time that EA promised that the DRM for Red Alert 3 would be patched out.

What happened then? I have a copy of Red Alert 3 I picked up from a Steam sale long ago and haven't gotten around to playing yet. Don't tell me they killed the servers.

Indie Gem Promo

60% off Evoland - $3.99

Didn't notice this until now. The deal is probably only gonna be live for another couple of hours. But since it only took about 30 seconds to post this, why not?

Oh man, even GOG is beating Steam... it's official, the steam sale sucks!

(I like GOG and all. They're just not big discounters.)
What I like is that you know the GOG versions are already patched up and will very likely run in your environment if the game says it supports it. Plus the bonuses are awesome (sexy soundtracks and manuals yummy). I also like that their games are extremely easy to mod. The sales aren't as great, but I will support them all the way.

Eh, these are some awesome games, and if you really want them on GOG, I guess that's cool, but these were JUST bundled for way cheaper, and for ALL of their games...

Move along, nothing to see here.

Eh, these are some awesome games, and if you really want them on GOG, I guess that's cool, but these were JUST bundled for way cheaper, and for ALL of their games...

Move along, nothing to see here.
Yeah - the Spiderweb HIB was awesome.

DRM-FREE copies + most of them had Steam keys.

Best of BOTH worlds, in most cases there.

How the hell could you beat that for $1.00 for minimum for stock package / BTA for the extra 2 games?

{Shoulder Shrug}

Weekend Promo

50% off Soviet Strategy Strike

UFO: Afterlight - $4.99
UFO: Aftermath - $2.99
UFO: Aftershock - $4.99
American Conquest + Fight Back - $2.99
Fantasy Wars - $4.99
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II - $4.99
Heroes of Annihilated Empires - $4.99
Etherlords - $2.99
Etherlords 2 - $2.99
Perimeter - $4.99
Star Wolves - $4.99
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology - $4.99
Blitzkrieg Anthology - $4.99
King`s Bounty: The Legend - $4.99
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY - $12.49
Eador. Masters of the Broken World - $9.99
Eador: Genesis - $2.99
Cossacks Anthology - $2.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $4.99
S2: Silent Storm Gold Edition - $4.99

I have no idea what makes most of these games "soviet". But I guess they needed to call it something.

1C is Russian...
Ah yes, that's right. And GSC Game World is Ukrainian. So it's obviously games made in the countries that were part of the Soviet Union.

And while the Soviet Union is long gone (thank god), the need for an alliteration in sale titles lives on.

Anyone ever play Soldiers: Heroes of WWII? Looks interesting...
Plays similar to MoW Red Tide, if you're familiar with that, though it's a bit clunkier. There's no base building, you control a small group and are hugely outnumbered. I played on normal and a lot of the challenge comes from facing larger numbers with more vehicles/artillery rather than brilliant ai strategy. The members of your squad that you aren't focusing on aren't particularly effective or smart on their own without orders and you'll probably have to use the direct control mode (lets you manually move/aim/fire the person/vehicle selected) to get a lot of kills (I found this to be pretty amusing, but it could be a turn off if you're looking for a purely tactical game). Destructibility of the environment is nice, inventory management could be a turn off. Campaign is pretty lengthy plus there is some community content, though I haven't tried any of it.

The 1C games like this and the MoW series are kinda niche, so I wouldn't make a recommendation without knowing someone's habits. Despite it's flaws, I liked it, but I could easily see someone not enjoying it.

And while the Soviet Union is long gone (thank god), the need for an alliteration in sale titles lives on.
And yet without the USSR keeping the USA in check, the American Superpower goes unchecked and freely does things it used to say only the evil Soviets would do.

Plays similar to MoW Red Tide, if you're familiar with that, though it's a bit clunkier. There's no base building, you control a small group and are hugely outnumbered. I played on normal and a lot of the challenge comes from facing larger numbers with more vehicles/artillery rather than brilliant ai strategy. The members of your squad that you aren't focusing on aren't particularly effective or smart on their own without orders and you'll probably have to use the direct control mode (lets you manually move/aim/fire the person/vehicle selected) to get a lot of kills (I found this to be pretty amusing, but it could be a turn off if you're looking for a purely tactical game). Destructibility of the environment is nice, inventory management could be a turn off. Campaign is pretty lengthy plus there is some community content, though I haven't tried any of it.

The 1C games like this and the MoW series are kinda niche, so I wouldn't make a recommendation without knowing someone's habits. Despite it's flaws, I liked it, but I could easily see someone not enjoying it.
Thanks! I've enjoyed what I've played of the MoW series so far, so I'd probably like this then. I'll add it to my GOG wishlist for a future sale.

It just occurred to me that I hadn't heard anything about the recent Atari fire-sale. I managed to find this thread from NeoGAF that covers the whole thing. Figured that it would be better to post this here in the GOG thread since there was more discussion of the Atari situation here.

Besides, most of the franchises of note are on GOG and not on steam.

Not great... Pretty sure this has been cheaper, plus the game game has been bundled cheaply.

If you have none of it, want it all, and want it DRM-free, though, I guess it's an alright sale.

bread's done
Back