GOG Deals Thread

OP updated (finally).

I really want the old HoMM games, but this sale is a bit lame... Only 50% off, and they don't even have HoMM 1 and 2 on sale. This is a very, very small sale.

[quote name='Idiotekque']OP updated (finally).

I really want the old HoMM games, but this sale is a bit lame... Only 50% off, and they don't even have HoMM 1 and 2 on sale. This is a very, very small sale.[/QUOTE]

HoMM3 is the best in the franchise though.

I just bought Eador and King of Dragon Pass :) . Already had pretty much everything else.

I highly recommend also the Age of Wonders franchise :)

Eador is very tempting, but Masters of the Broken World is out in a couple months, and the next round of beta starts soon. Hmm...

[quote name='Cagamer99']New promo on GOG.
Pick 5 games and save 80%.
http://www.gog.com/pick_5[/QUOTE]

I just saw this too. Can you gift these games individually, like you could with GamersGate or something?
I am all over The Witcher for two bucks.

Yah, Inquisitor is the only one that calls to me...the rest not so much, even though many are popular games - just not my thing.

And I don't think they are individual keys, one big key and if you already have any one of the games, you can pass that on, but if you don't have any games, all 5 are yours when you redeem the key.

[quote name='gilby']Riddick is much cheaper than it is on Steam sales, and the Steam version has rather crummy DRM.[/QUOTE]

Which would be great if we didn't have to buy 4 other games to get it at that price.

As for Inquisitor, it has been on sale for $3.75 on Desura once (where I got it from) and I believe one day around the holidays GOG had it that price by itself, thought they did an encore of that same deal that required you to buy it with other RPGs.

OP updated. Nice sale, just might be hard to find 5 games you want. I've never, ever seen Divinity 2 this cheap. I've played the game for who knows how long, it's awesome. If you don't have it, get it. Seriously.

[quote name='VaultDweller13']You would have to be insane to pass up Stronghold or Pharaoh + Cleopatra for $3 each.[/QUOTE]
Stronghold HD was free on Amazon recently. I passed on Pharaoh + Cleopatra though, so I must be crazy!

Hm, I'd like to pick up Witcher, Riddick, and Sam & Max, but I don't know if it's worth getting 5 games, especially with a laptop.

Would it be worth it to get something like Alan Wake now even though my laptop probably wouldn't be able to run it well?

[quote name='Idiotekque']OP updated. Nice sale, just might be hard to find 5 games you want. I've never, ever seen Divinity 2 this cheap. I've played the game for who knows how long, it's awesome. If you don't have it, get it. Seriously.
[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had it for $6 a couple of times which is not quite $4 but OTOH you could also buy it by itself and they offered both Steam and DRM free versions.

[quote name='zoozilla']Hm, I'd like to pick up Witcher, Riddick, and Sam & Max, but I don't know if it's worth getting 5 games, especially with a laptop.

Would it be worth it to get something like Alan Wake now even though my laptop probably wouldn't be able to run it well?[/QUOTE]
It's a safe bet that Alan Wake and American Nightmare won't get any cheaper than this. Steam has had them both for $10, and even that was a crazy low price. This is only $8 for both of them.

I'd recommend Divinity 2 though. It probably is about as hard to run as the Witcher, and it's a similar style game. I love it.

[quote name='Motoki']Amazon has had it for $6 a couple of times which is not quite $4 but OTOH you could also buy it by itself and they offered both Steam and DRM free versions.[/QUOTE]
I know, that's where I got it (on Steam). Still, this is the cheapest it's been, and DRM free on GOG, which I (and some others) hold in high regard. When Steam offline mode failed me, what did I play? GOG games!

[quote name='Motoki']Amazon has had it for $6 a couple of times which is not quite $4 but OTOH you could also buy it by itself and they offered both Steam and DRM free versions.[/QUOTE]

GOG's is the Developers Cut version (and with all GOG games comes with bunch of freebies) .Amazon's is the standard one :p.And no dont ask me for the differences....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smurfinaus']GOG's is the Developers Cut version (and with all GOG games comes with bunch of freebies) .Amazon's is the standard one :p.And no dont ask me for the differences....[/QUOTE]
Actually, everyone who had Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (which is actually not the standard, Ego Draconis is I think) was automatically upgraded to the Developers Cut version when it came out.

And there's not a big difference. Basically it just adds a debug mode where you can play as monsters and whatnot. Something fun to do after you play through the game once.

[quote name='Motoki']Which would be great if we didn't have to buy 4 other games to get it at that price.

As for Inquisitor, it has been on sale for $3.75 on Desura once (where I got it from) and I believe one day around the holidays GOG had it that price by itself, thought they did an encore of that same deal that required you to buy it with other RPGs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, if I can find someone interested in Riddick and Witcher, I just need to find three games. Inquisitor and two more.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Actually, everyone who had Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (which is actually not the standard, Ego Draconis is I think) was automatically upgraded to the Developers Cut version when it came out.

And there's not a big difference. Basically it just adds a debug mode where you can play as monsters and whatnot. Something fun to do after you play through the game once.[/QUOTE]

Except GOG has their usual freebies bundled together with the game as bonuses which maybe to some peoples liking. Im still considering Divinity 2 and others on the promo hmmmmm.......

Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Riddick, and Divinity 2 for me. But I need one more ughhh if only I didn't have the Witcher already...

[quote name='smurfinaus']Except GOG has their usual freebies bundled together with the game as bonuses which maybe to some peoples liking. Im still considering Divinity 2 and others on the promo hmmmmm.......[/QUOTE]
True, another reason I like having games on GOG. When I had the choice on Amazon between DRM free and Steam, I chose Steam (mostly because my download speeds are terrible on Amazon), but if I had the choice between DRM free on GOG or Steam, I'd probably go with GOG.

[quote name='Kromis']Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Riddick, and Divinity 2 for me. But I need one more ughhh if only I didn't have the Witcher already...[/QUOTE]
Inquisitor seems to be the popular opinion, but I don't think Capsized has been this cheap before, besides in a bundle I might have missed. It looks interesting for only $2.

[quote name='DonRamon']Pretty frustrating, I already got Riddick from them, all I need is Blade of Darkness thrown in there to get me a fiver.[/QUOTE]
In the same boat. Already have the Witcher, Riddick, and Alan Wake/AN (which I paid $15 for and still haven't played).

Oh well.

Grabbed Inquisitor, Riddick, Back to the Future, Runway, and one of the Sam & Max seasons. I should install some of my GOG games one of these days

If anyone's looking for a recommendation, I'd suggest Tiny and Big. It's really short, keep that in mind, but it oozes so much charm. It's a lot of fun, I blew through it in two days. Doesn't run the best on laptops (see the steam discussion area for specifics). But the gameplay is so much fun. It's near the top of my favorite games from last year.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In the same boat. Already have the Witcher, Riddick, and Alan Wake/AN (which I paid $15 for and still haven't played).

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in a few of the games, Alan Wake, say, if not for the fact that I'd be missing out on Steam Achievements.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's a safe bet that Alan Wake and American Nightmare won't get any cheaper than this. Steam has had them both for $10, and even that was a crazy low price. This is only $8 for both of them.
I'd recommend Divinity 2 though. It probably is about as hard to run as the Witcher, and it's a similar style game. I love it.

I know, that's where I got it (on Steam). Still, this is the cheapest it's been, and DRM free on GOG, which I (and some others) hold in high regard. When Steam offline mode failed me, what did I play? GOG games!
[/QUOTE]

Well there was that GG glitch for AW: AN for under 2$...

I'll put in a recommendation for Deponia, for those who didn't get it by other means. It is a pretty good adventure game. I'm probably going to pick up "A New Beginning", which was made by the same people.

I just need to decide on a couple more. May pick up the other two cheap ones (Puddle, Pid) to fill it out.

I'm interested in going in on a group buy for this bundle, but I need 2 more games to fill the bundle. The way it works is I'll buy the bundle as a gift, and gift it to my email address. Then I'll use the code to get the games that I want from the bundle (I'll already own the games the other person is interested in, so those games will still be "contained in" the gift key), and then you'll use the key to get the leftover games that you wanted from the deal.

I'm interested in Riddick, PID, and Lucius. So if you're interested, you won't be able to get those games out of it since that's what I'm getting from the bundle.

Here are the games that I own that you have your choice from:
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Defender's Quest
Deponia
Inquisitor
Legend of Grimrock
Puddle
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

If you're interested, let me know asap so we can get this going. ;)

spoderman

I just want alan wake and the witcher. the rest I probably added are the $2. like I haven't bought too many games already on the past two weeks (i look at you GMG and humblebundle).

[quote name='Killbomb']Any opinions on Lucius? The subject matter highly interests me but the GOG reviews are pretty mixed.[/QUOTE]

I had my eyes on that game since I saw the trailer for the first time. The reviews were mixed, but I wanted to try it. Finally, it came on a bundle! Insta buy for me!

One of the slowest games I ever knew. The loading screens are incredibly long, it makes me sick. Also, the game is so slow pacing... You'll end up yelling at the screen.

It's a shame, it had potential, but you can tell the developers didn't care. The problems I mentioned can be fixed with a patch, but they didn't release one. It seems they abandon the game.

If they are planning a patch, I don't know. If someone knows about it, It could be great news.

I'll avoid the game if I were you

[quote name='juanjava']I had my eyes on that game since I saw the trailer for the first time. The reviews were mixed, but I wanted to try it. Finally, it came on a bundle! Insta buy for me!

One of the slowest games I ever knew. The loading screens are incredibly long, it makes me sick. Also, the game is so slow pacing... You'll end up yelling at the screen.

It's a shame, it had potential, but you can tell the developers didn't care. The problems I mentioned can be fixed with a patch, but they didn't release one. It seems they abandon the game.

If they are planning a patch, I don't know. If someone knows about it, It could be great news.

I'll avoid the game if I were you[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. Got a bit to think on it before the offer ends.

[quote name='Razorfish']Faster Than Light is today's Indie Gem Promo at GOG for $3.99 (60% off). The developer's website price matched the deal and is offering it as a DRM free download + Steam key via their Humble Store widget.[/QUOTE]

Is this the cheapest it's been? I'm very tempted...even though I fully expect this one to end up in a bundle soon.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Is this the cheapest it's been? I'm very tempted...even though I fully expect this one to end up in a bundle soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the cheapest it has been so far. Previously, the discount has only been 25-50% off (I've been watching this one for a while since the mountain of praise it gets piqued my interest).

[quote name='ddp72984']Stupid question for the pick 5 deal.

So, I understand they're no DRM, but there's no way I can install these thru steam? Thanks[/QUOTE]

GOG games don't come with Steam keys.

[quote name='ddp72984']Stupid question for the pick 5 deal.

So, I understand they're no DRM, but there's no way I can install these thru steam? Thanks[/QUOTE]
GOG download speeds are great. I'd recommend using the GOG downloader (the little program you have to install). Once the games are downloaded and installed, you can add them as non-Steam games if you want.

Really tempted by FTL, but I'm banking on it being in the next Humble Bundle.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']SO will Severose's idea not work? Did a mod do the strikethrough?[/QUOTE]

It did work. He put the strike through because I took him up on his offer. He got the 3 games he wanted, and I got Inquisitor + A New Beginning. That's why he striked it out and put "spoderman" at the bottom of his post ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']GOG download speeds are great. I'd recommend using the GOG downloader (the little program you have to install). Once the games are downloaded and installed, you can add them as non-Steam games if you want.

Really tempted by FTL, but I'm banking on it being in the next Humble Bundle.[/QUOTE]
If its like any of their recent efforts (lack of) wouldnt bank on it. They are probably sitting on piles of cash and taking it easy..

[quote name='spoderman']It did work. He put the strike through because I took him up on his offer. He got the 3 games he wanted, and I got Inquisitor + A New Beginning. That's why he striked it out and put "spoderman" at the bottom of his post ;)[/QUOTE]

This. I'm thinking we should put a note about how to do group buys in the OP *cough* *cough*. No, I'm not getting my nuts checked. Idio, if you would be so kind as to do so. ;)

[customspoiler=Group Buys]
How to do group buys on GOG "Pick X, Pay Y" bundles:
[customspoiler=Explanations]
There are two ways to do group buys on GOG, a "harder, less restricted" way and an "easier, more restricted, always works" way. The "harder, less restricted, YMMV" method requires intervention from GOG support, which is why I say it's "harder". Basically, in order to do a group buy regularly, each person in the group buy must own all of the games each subsequent person wants.

For instance, if you have a host (X), a secondary buyer who will be redeeming the code second (Y), and a third buyer who will be redeeming the code third (Z), then X will need to own the games that both Y and Z want, and Y will need to own the games that Z wants.

The reason you'll be contacting support is to separate the gift code into N amount of codes (all of the stories I've heard have been about splitting the code into 2 codes), each with certain games, which you specify, contained in them. It's worked for splitting codes into 2, so I'm assuming that they can do multiple codes (3, 4, ...) as well.

It is better to do this with people that you can trust, because it relies on trust to distribute the code(s) correctly. GOG group buys rely heavily on code distribution, so if one person screws up, the whole group buy can end up being a disaster in the end.[/customspoiler]

Step-by-step instructions for each method
Harder, less restriction, YMMV
1) Get together a group of people who are interested in any combination of different games from the bundle.
2) Anyone can host. Host buys the bundle with all of the games that everyone wants in it as a gift and sends it to his own email address.
3) The host does not redeem the code, and contacts support asking them to split the code into N amount of codes, each with the selection of games from the bundle that each person in the group buy wants.
4) The group waits out the support request, and assuming support is able to fulfill the group's request, the host then distributes the keys according to which has which participants games in them.

Easier, less restriction, always works
1) Get together a group of people who are interested in a combination of games such that each participant owns all of the games that each subsequent participant is interested in. For the host, this means everyone's games, and for the last person this means he/she doesn't need to own anything.
2) Decide who will host according to the rules outlined above, and the host will buy the bundle as a gift, and sends the gift to his/her own email address.
3) The host will grab the code and redeem it for the games that he/she wants.
4) The host and each person thereafter will distribute the code to the next person in line to redeem the code until the last person redeems the code. Make sure that the order is clear and concise, because the success of the group buy depends on this. Also, keep in mind that all GOG codes have a 10 minute delay for redemptions after each time the code is redeemed.[/customspoiler]

[quote name='Idiotekque']y u put strikethru[/QUOTE]

I put {s} instead of {spoiler} lol. All fixed and pretty now, adapt it as you see fit. ;)

EDIT: Just realized that it's a wiki editable OP lol. I can do it, but I wouldn't want to interrupt you if you're already doing it. =P

EDIT2: I hope this helps us get some more successful group buys going! =D

bread's done
Back