GOG Deals Thread

Looks like people piled onto half of the Postal 2 stockpile and then left the rest to slowly rot. I'm honestly kinda hoping for another Jack Keane 2 style trainwreck so that I can finally go to bed. Or at least another Megabyte Punch.

Morning lads. I awake to see from scanning the past few pages of this thread that most of the time that I was asleep, you guys were staring at the monitor waiting for Jake Keane 2 to sell out.

Now I ask you, which of us made better use of their time?

Morning lads. I awake to see from scanning the past few pages of this thread that most of the time that I was asleep, you guys were staring at the monitor waiting for Jake Keane 2 to sell out.

Well you're just in time for 1000 copies of Leisure suit Larry.

Considering I was working on one screen while JK2 and Postal 2 were burning a hole on the other screen, made out ok. :bouncy:

1,000 LSLs are going to keep us entertained for a while. :fridge:

Yer mum?

And with Larry, I'm headed to bed. (Wait... that didn't come out right at all.) I could probably wait 15-20 minutes (... or longer) and see the next deal, but I can't sleep for shit when the sun starts to pierce the sky. So to the lot of you, boast/whine about the great/horrendous things that spring into action. I would like the nearly five hours of my life back from the JK2 debacle, but at least I picked up a few goodies. Great time to be a Cheap Ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over an hour later... Real Texas sold out

On deck = Alpha Centauri at $1.49 75% off, 400 copies. Moving really fast, too bad I already got this in the strategy bundle last summer.

Alpha Centauri sells out in under 5 minutes.

30 copies of Rogue Legacy free. Even if I hit the button the moment I saw it, I didn't get one. Gone in a fraction of a second.

Shadow Man up now. 60% off, $2.39, 500 copies. Looks like a slowish seller.

(Edit: If someone with the reflexes of a spoder can't get a free game, I don't stand a chance. :whee: )

Alpha Centauri sells out in under 5 minutes.

30 copies of Rogue Legacy free. Even if I hit the button the moment I saw it, I didn't get one. Gone in a fraction of a second.

Shadow Man up now. 60% off, $2.39, 500 copies. Looks like a slowish seller.
I like that we're starting to sound like sports commentators :)

Over an hour to sell out Shadow Man.

Next up, Geneforge 1-5 at 80% off $2.99. 400 copies.

Been bundled before so well-heeled CAGs will already have this. At least it seems to be selling relatively briskly.

Geneforge surprisingly sells out in around 5 minutes.

Up next: 500 copies of Wing Commander IV The Price of Freedom, 80% off $1.49.

Looks like I'm picking this one up. I'm predicting a fast uptake.

WingCom4 gone in under three minutes. Fantastic.

Now we have KB Crossworlds for free. Gone in 60 milliseconds.

Deal now is Anvil of Dawn at $1.49, 75% off, 400 copies. I think I'm picking this up as well.

I think it was King's Bounty Armored Princess for free...it went by so fast though...

Probably depends on your proxemity to their servers, like those day traders...

Next up, Anvil of Dawn $1.49

They should make the "buy now" button change positions with each new deal to make it more fun...

Anvil of Dawn sells out relatively quickly. Wouldn't have guessed that.

GOG now serves up Riddick at 80% off, $2.99, 400 copies.

This should go quick. Not sure if its been bundled before - I don't think so.

Chronicles Of Riddick 2.99 $ .The deal i've been waiting for finally. Was able to grab one after i've missed the midnight sale.

It sould out in about 2 minutes.

So devious, and it would mess up with the bots and scripts at the same time.
Not sure about that...a script would probably just intercept the updated checkout link. It wouldn't really matter where the button was. If you're too far downstream, the deal could conceivably be gone before you even got the updated link.

I can't believe I got sucked into this. I've got stuff to do today, but it's so compelling to watch that counter count down to the next deal.

Didn't get Retro City Rampage for free...That's it, I'm out...good luck everyone...

Is anybody even bothering to try grabbing the free games anymore? I've given up at this point. It's wasted effort.

EDIT: Speaking of free, Retro City Rampage was just free.

Ultima 7 sells out in around 5 minutes.

Missed the Free RCR as usual.

80% off Defender's Quest, $2.99, 300 copies. Still never bundled, should go reasonably fast.

Gah, out of likes again. What is it within a 24 hour period or something? If that's the case, I'm gonna sporadically get new likes back in stock over the next couple of hours. What a pain.

Anyway, I you've gotten some likes from me for posting a deal and you notice that I'm not doing it anymore, now you know why.

I bit on Defender's Quest; while I kind of think this sale is stupid, it looked neat enough to blow $3 on.  First one of these I went for since I saw it was running.

DQ gone, took a while longer than I expected.

Psychonauts? Really? Zzzzzz. Maybe it's time to go to sleep now.

I can't believe Psychonauts sold out faster than DQ. Stunned.

Wow. 800 King of Dragon Pass at the same price as the summer sale - $1.49. I can't recommend this game enough to anyone who doesn't have it.

On a personal note, still no sign of Alpha Centauri. I'm betting it shows up just when I give up and go to sleep...

Annnnd MYST sells out in under 2 mins.

Next up, 300 copies of Eador at $5.99, 70% off. Bundled before, high price point - time for me to give up on Insomnia. This should take a while to sell out.

Good night CAGs :)

I can't recommend this game enough to anyone who doesn't have it.
I actually bought KoDP on the Ipad when it was 7 $. Was it worth 3 times the price for it on pc. You bet.

Plus it's constantly updated , includes hi-res hand drawn graphics and is best played on mobileIMHO.

I'm already awake again. Normally I'd catch more rest, but I was inclined to leave bed early for some reason. ;)

After watching Eador tick away, I missed out on free Anvil of Dawn and see Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 available at $1.99.

edit: Turns out I already had Anvil of Dawn... ha

I have to admit that adopting a Woot-style sale with artificial scarcity was fuckin' genius on GOG's part. The "free" games are like Woot's bag of crap, only cost them pretty much nothing.

I have to admit that adopting a Woot-style sale with artificial scarcity was fuckin' genius on GOG's part. The "free" games are like Woot's bag of crap, only cost them pretty much nothing.
Agreed. Saw way more buzz on other websites regarding this sale than I had seen for previous GOG sales. Good for them.

Edit: Ultima 1+2ish gone, 500 copies of FEZ up for $2.99 (70%) off and going fast.

You get a like, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you too! Everyone gets a like!

... and now I'm out of likes for today.
And here I thought you found me to be special. I feel used so now feel compelled to make fun of your silly hair.

Your hair is silly Spoder. Very silly. :nottalking:

Yeah, I'm not sure why I passed on Brutal Legend several hours ago but bit on Fez, considering I already have both on 360...

I would recommend either one though.

I would recommend probably waiting on the new Rise of the Triad to hit a cheaper price down the line - it appeals to my nostalgic tendencies, but not for $7.49

bread's done
Back