GOG Deals Thread

Indeed. Has anyone gotten any free game from this? I wanna call bullsh*t on them simply because I click as soon as it changes but get an expired message.
I was able to get Tropico 3, but that was the first or second freebie, before berjillions of people started clickspamming. Doesn't help that the GOG site is hosted far far away from most of us either.

I call shenanigans on the free 1 second giveaways, Has anyone on here received a free game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Has anyone gotten any free game from this? I wanna call bullsh*t on them simply because I click as soon as it changes but get an expired message.
I got Megabyte Punch for free. Didn't do anything special either; clicked when it popped up, just like I've done with the others I've seen. Seems very random.

Why would they stop working?
Checking every few seconds for the next deal to roll-over as the previous one got bought up

Didn't Steam run variable time deals when they first rolled out flash sales? I remember a whole lot of bitching and moaning from people who missed deals because they foolishly slept. Running something like this current sale on Steam would probably lead to pitchforks and torches.
I thought it was just over a 6-8hr period so not as chaotic as this, and yea people bitched about those, definitely would not like these

... so how long has Book of Unwritten Tales been on sale now? (Question answered while I was writing this, ha) Seems like they're just taunting those of us that suffered through the Jack Keane 2 hell last night, though this doesn't seem as miserable... so far.

I really just want Alpha Centauri and Shadow Man at the VERY least, and to not have to stay up 'til 5 AM again.

... so how long has Book of Unwritten Tales been on sale now? Seems like they're just taunting those of us that suffered through the Jack Keane 2 hell last night, though this doesn't seem as miserable... so far.
You'll know it's entering "miserable" territory when people start writing silly reviews.

You'll know it's entering "miserable" territory when people start writing silly reviews.
haha, it doesn't look like that ball is rolling yet, but this gem of a review from all the way back in July makes you wonder if GOG cares about moderating reviews at all:

Welcome to www.stylemalls.com//
where is the most popular Panthers online shop.
((( /www.stylemalls.com/ )))
lower price fast shippment with higher quality!!
WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

The one game that I have been really waiting for to go on sale is Age of Wonders Shadow Magic but I think I am going to miss it because of these games that hold up the sale.

Still not sure why a game that's already been bundled remains at a base price of $20... This looks like it's gonna take another hour at least since two hours have gone by since it went up.

Still not sure why a game that's already been bundled remains at a base price of $20... This looks like it's gonna take another hour at least since two hours have gone by since it went up.
Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been bundled... You may be thinking of The Whispered World.

Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been bundled... You may be thinking of The Whispered World.
Hmm you may be right. Somehow it got into my Steam account, and the only way I end up with games like this is from bundles since they go straight to my "will never play" Steam category. Head scratch, both where I got it, and why GOG is letting it stay up there...

By my count, there are 93 left to sell (92 flipovers, not counting freebies(AS THEY DON'T EXIST!)), so you're looking at a 1 in (var  X) - 1 (92,91,90, etc) chance of finding your specific item over what will likely be the course of the next 10 hours.

Good Luck God Speed  Jack Keane Everyone.

OK, screw this. I know this one's finally winding down, but I can't take it anymore. If Alpha Centauri and the other two or three I want reprise themselves while I'm asleep, I'm sure I will survive with a mere 60% discount or whatever later down the line. Suck my balls GOG.

OK, screw this. I know this one's finally winding down, but I can't take it anymore. If Alpha Centauri and the other two or three I want reprise themselves while I'm asleep, I'm sure I will survive with a mere 60% discount or whatever later down the line. Suck my balls GOG.

Well said. :applause:

An obscure, subpar 2.5D RPG that no one really wants unless it hits a nostalgic itch. Goodnight, folks.

List

(DONE) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99

(DONE) Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49

(DONE) Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99

(DONE) Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99

(DONE) Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99

(DONE) Lords of Midnight $1.93

(DONE) Master of Magic $1.19

(DONE) Might & Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed. $2.49

(DONE) Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49

(DONE) Rise of the Triad $7.49

(DONE) Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49

(DONE) Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99

(DONE) Thunderscape $2.39

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49

Alpha Centauri $1.49

Anodyne $2.49

Anvil of Dawn $1.49

Aquanox $1.49

Aquanox 2: Revelation $1.49

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99

Beyond Good and Evil $2.49

Blackwell Bundle $2.99

Brutal Legend $3.74

Chaos Engine $3.29

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09

Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99

Defender's Quest $2.99

Deus Ex GOTY $1.99

Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49

Don't Starve $4.99

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49

Evoland $2.49

Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99

FEZ $2.99

Geneforge 1-5 $2.99

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99

Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 Bundle $4.99

Hotline Miami $2.49

I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93

Icewind Dale Complete $1.99

Inquisitor $3.74

Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99

King of Dragon Pass $1.49

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99

La Mulana $2.99

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49

Leisure Suit Larry $2.49

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99

Lucius $3.99

Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99

Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49

Megabyte Punch $4.99

Miasmata $2.99

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99

Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99

Planescape: Torment $1.99

Populous: The Beginning $1.49

Postal 2 Complete $2.49

Primordia $2.49

Psychonauts $2.49

Puddle $1.99

Rayman Origins $4.99

Resonance $2.49

Retro City Rampage $3.74

Reus $2.49

Rogue Legacy $4.99

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99

Sacred Gold $1.99

Shadow Man $2.39

Shelter $3.99

Space Colony HD $2.49

Spellforce Platinum $2.49

Startopia $1.49

Strike Suit Zero $4.99

Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09

Syberia $1.99

System Shock 2 $1.99

Tales of Monkey Island $5.24

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49

The Real Texas $2.99

Theme Hospital $1.49

Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99

Thief Gold $1.99

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Torchlight $2.99

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms $1.49

Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99

Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99

Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49

Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49

Wargame: European Escalation $6.69

Wing Commander 4 $1.49

Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49

Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Sucks, all I wanted was Planescape, but to hell with this sale; I'm going to sleep. List is there if anyone wants to add new removals (or cares about the all of 13 completed sales as of 3:50 Central, 4:50 eastern time).

An obscure, subpar 2.5D RPG that no one really wants unless it hits a nostalgic itch. Goodnight, folks.

Wasn't THAT obscure back then... Can't remember it having good reviews. Sadly, didn't played it, but I played entomorph (same setting, Arden) and it was a 6/10. Al quadim was from the same time too, I liked that one

So uh.. don't do what I did. I left a tab open overnight with an old Insomnia deal in checkout.. and paid through paypal. Payment was successful, and price was correct, but it directed me to a 404 page on GOG, so no game for me. Contacted them just now, I should at the very least get a refund, but yeah.. don't do that. Holding a tab for an hour or so might be fine, but not for 10+ hours.
GOG support added the game to my account, so I got my issue fixed in less than a day.

Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition $22.49 (250)

I wasn't looking while the last game finished. Anybody know if there was another freebie given away?

The End likes me, he really, really likes me!

:grouphug:
LOL I'm going back to like the things I couldn't because I ran out of likes. Several people just got some delayed likes from me.

And now I'm out of likes again. :( I'm still a day behind on this thread too. Was gonna like Post #2566 but I got that stupid message.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow I guess.

LOL I'm going back to like the things I couldn't because I ran out of likes. Several people just got some delayed likes from me.

And now I'm out of likes again. :( I'm still a day behind on this thread too. Was gonna like Post #2566 but I got that stupid message.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow I guess.
Damn you for not linking to post #2566.. you made me search for it to see what it was.

So, what is everyone still looking for? I'll gladly buy something if I see it.  I've seen requests for Alpha Centauri, Riddick, Icewind Dale (looking for myself as well)...

So, what is everyone still looking for? I'll gladly buy something if I see it. I've seen requests for Alpha Centauri, Riddick, Icewind Dale (looking for myself as well)...

Icewind Dale and MAYBE space colony HD (read good things about this one, so it deserves a spot on the backlog)

Hopefully I'm around for King of Dragon Pass. After reading a few ringing endorsements for it yesterday I decided it's a must. I keep deciding to grab the Baldur's Gate games and Planescape Torment, and then keep looking at the boxes on the shelf and deciding I don't need them on GOG.

It's nice to wake up to another one crawling by... ha.

I will say that Dragon Commander looks cool, but not cool enough that I'd spend as much on this one game as I have on at least 10 others combined.

So, what is everyone still looking for? I'll gladly buy something if I see it. I've seen requests for Alpha Centauri, Riddick, Icewind Dale (looking for myself as well)...
I stupidly talked myself out of a LOT of games I wish I'd picked up. Baldur's Gate 2 it's too late for, but I'm going to try and get the original, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Planescape Torment, Sword of the Stars, and MAYBE Beyond Good and Evil.

Appreciate the offer to pick up some games, but I'd be afraid we'd both buy the game :(

Any other games I should pick up? I didn't realize how good Baldur's Gate 2 was until people raved about it after the last sale ended. I had it in my cart and everything :(

I stupidly talked myself out of a LOT of games I wish I'd picked up. Baldur's Gate 2 it's too late for, but I'm going to try and get the original, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Planescape Torment, Sword of the Stars, and MAYBE Beyond Good and Evil.

Appreciate the offer to pick up some games, but I'd be afraid we'd both buy the game :(

Any other games I should pick up? I didn't realize how good Baldur's Gate 2 was until people raved about it after the last sale ended. I had it in my cart and everything :(

I think beyond good & evil is on Steam too.

About the D&D collection, every once and then, GOG do a complete package at -75%. Or you can check GG... But I think GOG 's version of neverwinter is the only DRM free. I may be wrong...

I think beyond good & evil is on Steam too.

About the D&D collection, every once and then, GOG do a complete package at -75%. Or you can check GG... But I think GOG 's version of neverwinter is the only DRM free. I may be wrong...
I have BG&E on Steam, as well. Bought it there real cheap, way before it hit GOG.

The thing is - BG&E is DRM-FREE on GOG. That's the real attraction of GOG - there's NO DRM at all there period.

And sometimes, they do re-work old games there so they do work on modern-OS's.

Plus, always cool to see what FREE extra goodies they throw in - I'm a sucker for musical scores/soundtracks especially.

Divinity: Dragon/Dragging "Down This Sale" Commander has 35 sales needed....

This sale really needs to get on the road and onto the next one...

Aquanox (or was it Aquanox 2?) was just free. Must have been something wrong with my connection because it looked like they had 250 copies

Aquanox (or was it Aquanox 2?) was just free. Must have been something wrong with my connection because it looked like they had 250 copies
Free games go buy so fast, it ain't even funny.

I don't like this promo - things either go by TOO quick (especially freebies) or WAY TOO slowly (games w/ not much discount and are still not discounted much - i.e. Jack Keane 2, Eador, Divinity: Dragon Commander).

bread's done
Back