GOG Deals Thread

Well, I am out.
if possible, I would love to have any Sierra Adventure games + Heretic the Inquisition. I am good for it!!
If any of them come up, I will get them for you. :)

I will also post here if/when I get them, so if @anybody doesn't see me post that before half of whatever game is gone, then go ahead and get Simpson a key. As I said, my only available Internet access at the moment is my iPhone, so if I miss a sale, I hope you folks understand why, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
we gonna be here for 5 hours. y u so cruel gog
If they can sell the next 105 or so copies left in the next hour, looks like snakeybro called it almost exactly (and it looks very possbile they will sell all the remaining copies by then).

Anyone remember where the list of what people where looking for was last posted?

EDIT: that is assuming I have the timezone set correctly, may have been over 5 hours if not.

Here is the running list. If you want to be added, just post and let us know.

Bought
Donbaloo - Arcanum - Bought $1.49 Transaction Completed
Palinn - Pirates Gold - Bought $1.49 Transaction Completed
Talkinrock - Uru Complete Chronicles Bought $1.99

Looking for:

talkinrock - Zork Anthology, and Pirates: Gold
Dorath - Papers Please
Nitrosmob - Heretics and Vampire the Masquerade.

Bought

Looking for:

talkinrock - Zork Anthology, and Pirates: Gold
Dorath - Papers Please
Nitrosmob - Heretics and Vampire the Masquerade. <<<Vampires has already had its last round, correct?
Simpsonps121 - Heretics and any Sierra Adventure
Warreni - Heretics Inquisition
Elessar123 - Shadowrun Returns

MysterD - Hitman: Codename 47, Bard's Tale, and Pirates: Gold
Gilby - Space Quest 4+5+6

(I updated it to the most recent requests...)
Add me for Heretics, but hopefully I'll be around (I'll post when I'm heading off).

Add me for Heretics, but hopefully I'll be around (I'll post when I'm heading off).
Done and done.

Here's the revised list; any further requests will be EDITED into this post (at least until we add a couple more pages to the thread).

Bought

Looking for:

Talkinrock - Zork Anthology & Pirates: Gold
Dorath - Papers Please
Nitrosmob - Heretics & Vampire the Masquerade. <<VtM already had its last round, right?
Simpsonps121 - Heretics & any Sierra Adventure
Warreni - Heretics Inquisition
Elessar123 - Shadowrun Returns
MysterD - Hitman: Codename 47, Bard's Tale, & Pirates: Gold
Gilby - Space Quest 4+5+6
Idiotekque - Heretics Inquisition
Sunasun - Papers Please << (ONLY if 75% off or higher)

(I updated it to the most recent requests...)

Pretty sure Papers, Please was like $4, so I doubt he wants it at that price.
Too bad... I had a spare Steam key a few weeks ago that I didn't know what to do with (It's not my cup of tea, so I wouldn't play it), so I couldn't figure out anything better to do with it, other than increase my Steam library count by +1.

Eh, live and let die, I suppose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2hKzZss5Y

For whatever reason, CAG wouldn't let me embed a video URL when editing that last post via an iPhone, so I had to resort to double posting... :p

Didn't know there was a Raiden arcade game, my first thought was:

Rayden-mk2-fix.gif

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rayden-mk2-fix.gif

(figured link to it just in case)

There actually is not much of a need to link to images on CAG, as the forum software shows the file name (and also lets you save it) if you click on the image. ;-)
Hadn't thought to look at the rules, so figured stay on the safe side in case it is one of the first forums I find that is pretty strict on not sourcing images =p.

Hadn't thought to look at the rules, so figured stay on the safe side in case it is one of the first forums I find that is pretty strict on not sourcing images =p.
I haven't been here for very long either, myself (about 7 months), but I've come to assume that the rules for those sorts of things are not at all "strict" here... If anything, I would put my money on the opposite.

If I were to ask somebody to pick up Heretic Kingdoms if it crops up while I'm asleep, what form of payments would be acceptable? Not too familiar with paying individuals online, and Paypal isn't really an option for me right now.

If I were to ask somebody to pick up Heretic Kingdoms if it crops up while I'm asleep, what form of payments would be acceptable? Not too familiar with paying individuals online, and Paypal isn't really an option for me right now.
If Heretic comes up soon, and I'm the only CAG around, that means I'm going to have to pick up 3-4 keys for everybody who wants it.

That said, the only form of payment I can think of as a viable method would be PayPal, and seeing as you can't do that (whereas everyone else here can), I don't really know what to say...

...other than, of course, the fact that Neuro5i5 gave me a free key for VtM, and I''d be happy to return the favour to you (karma and all that jazz). ;-)

The Bard's Tale = $1.99 @ 80% off.

900 on tap.

They're flying - down to 686 and counting.

YES, I BOUGHT IT!! :D

Take that off my list.

The Bard's Tale = $1.99 @ 80% off.
900 on tap.

They're flying - down to 686 and counting.

YES, I BOUGHT IT!! :D
Take that off my list.
Ah, fuck.

Don't you recall that I did tell you I would give you that one for free? Dammit... So, now I guess I'm stuck with a game in my library that I won't ever even play. :whistle2:(

P.S - Also, *yeah, yeah*, I know; nobody on here plays games anyway (I'll save you the effort): #FakeCAG

Ah, fuck.

Don't you recall that I did tell you I would give you that one for free? Dammit... So, now I guess I'm stuck with a game in my library that I won't ever even play. :whistle2:(

P.S - Also, *yeah, yeah*, I know; nobody on here plays games anyway (I'll save you the effort): #FakeCAG
Ah, crap...

Can you Gift that to someone?

Ah, crap...
Can you Gift that to someone?
Due to the fact that your memory is shorter than that of a goldfish, AND that I have an eager desire to grow my GOG collection (and Steam, but that doesn't apply here)—even if it means having games that are utterly useless to me—I unfortunately already redeemed it to my account. :whistle2:(

Due to the fact that your memory is shorter than that of a goldfish, AND that I have an eager desire to grow my GOG collection (and Steam, but that doesn't apply here)—even if it means having games that are useless to me—I unfortunately already redeemed it to my account. :whistle2:(
Sorry about that, bro.

I'm gonna buy Hitman, so DON'T buy it for me.

EDIT:

And...BOUGHT.

EDIT 2:

#RealCAG's buy games and don't play 'em, remember? ;)

See my sig.

If Heretic comes up soon, and I'm the only CAG around, that means I'm going to have to pick up 3-4 keys for everybody who wants it.

That said, the only form of payment I can think of as a viable method would be PayPal, and seeing as you can't do that (whereas everyone else here can, I don't really know what to say...

...other than, of course, the fact that Neuro5i5 gave me a free key for VtM, and I''d be happy to return the favour to you (karma and all that jazz). ;-)
Nah, don't worry about it. Whatever happens happens. Thanks, though.

Anyone know how long this last round has been going on and roughtly how many games are left (like are we half done)?  Don't know if it's still worth staying up, since I'm just looking for Quest for Glory and a few others I missed.

Anyone know how long this last round has been going on and roughtly how many games are left (like are we half done)? Don't know if it's still worth staying up, since I'm just looking for Quest for Glory and a few others I missed.
Well, a perfunctory look shows that the Reddit thread is no longer being updated (as far as I can tell), and the only other forum besides CAG that's regularly updating the Insomnia deals is "NeoGaf" or something like that.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't know if there's any easy way to find out. Also, it seems that last board, NeoGaf, isn't regularly updating their thread anymore, so they're kind of a null issue at this point, anyway...

Your only other option at the moment might be the Insomnia thread on the *official* GOG boards, but my cursory Google search didn't show recent posts on there, either.

That's why I went generic with it, figured you'd beat me to the rest :razz:
Actually, you have "ninja'd" me quite a good deal recently (I was referring to @MysterD when I said "you can't anyway").

Also, what exactly do you mean by "generic?" Your post seemed like all the rest that you have been typing out, so I'm a bit puzzled here. :whistle2:/

Got lucky and got it free! :D
Congrats.

Out of curiosity, how far did you have to go before it told you that you were getting it for free? Did it tell you when you were on the checkout screen? Or did you actually have to click on the "submit payment" button to learn that you were getting it for free?

From the GOG Insomnia Forum, the following games still need to be repeated:

Alan Wake 
American McGee's Grimm 
Battle Worlds: Kronos 
Betrayal at Krondor Pack 
Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers 
Cannon Fodder 
Capitalism 2 
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller 
Democracy 3 
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia 
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive 
Driftmoon 
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes 
Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall 
FlatOut 2 
FTL: Advanced Edition 
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers 
Gobliiins pack 
Guild Gold Edition, The 
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
Humans Must Answer 
Inquisitor 
Last Express, The 
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! 
Long Live the Queen 
Luftrausers 
Painkiller Black Edition 
Papers, Please 
Pid 
PixelJunk Shooter 
Police Quest 1+2+3+4 
Quest for Glory 1
S2: Silent Storm Gold Edition 
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space 
Sam & Max Save the World 
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse 
Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries 
Shadow Man 
Shattered Haven 
Shelter 
Smugglers V 
Space Quest 4+5+6 
Star Control 1 + 2 
Stronghold Crusader HD 
Syberia 2 
Symphony 
The Inner World 
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness 
Torchlight 
Zork Anthology, The

Congrats.

Out of curiosity, how far did you have to go before it told you that you were getting it for free? Did it tell you when you were on the checkout screen? Or did you actually have to click on the "submit payment" button to learn that you were getting it for free?
I was wondering the same thing; if you use PayPal, then once you click "submit payment," PayPal charges you anyway, as they are a third-party payment processor (i.e. I don't understand how getting a "free game " could work this way).

Congrats.

When I hit "Buy now", it skipped the checkout and inmediately added the game to my account.

And awww, did I miss the last Deadly Premonition run? :(

This is gonna take another couple of days to get through that list.
At least.

P.S. - Since this is most likely going to carry over to the weekend, I do hope GOG doesn't nix their weekend deals just so they can give the Insomnia sale the centre stage... :p

bread's done
Back