GOG Deals Thread

Did someone say GOG?

PieRat-preview.jpg

I don't have SW 2013 on GOG, but I do own Hard Redux Extended + SW 2013 on Steam - so I'll likely I'll end-up with HR Redux on Steam at some point in time soon.

But, in case some have SW 2013 on GOG and they don't mind supporting GOG + using GOG's service - just so they know, there is a Loyalty program also on GOG in getting a 85% off cheap HR Redux.
Hard Reset Redux is regionally priced for me. The normal price is $10.29. If I owned Shadow Warrior over there I could get it for $1.54 without Putingogging.

But since Shadow Warrior is not regionally priced because Devolver hates me, I can't get the discount for folks here.

lol do we even have GOG white knights here? I mean, I'm one of the biggest GOG whores on this site, and even I make fun of them.
Yeah, they sometimes come out when you say that GOG should stick to old games or their sales are gimmicky or that I should get excited about GOG having a great sale at....17% off....All of this is done with a silly French/English/Your-a-peen accent because you know, like, foreigners. Foreigners that we need to build a wall around and stuff....

I HAVE A DREAM!!!....A DREAM OF A WALL!!!!

Probably worth crossposting:

GOG Connect.  Link your Steam account and get GOG versions of some of your games...assuming the connecterator starts working before the current offerings expire.  Full announcement here.

i7Wvmdu.png

Zounds!

. . . And two minutes later, it worked.

+12 to GOG.

Already had To the Moon, Broken Sword 1 and Witcher 1 on GOG and I was missing these on Steam:

QmldZ5T.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me a million tries, but GOG Connect finally worked for me. +15 GOG count. Probably wasn't worth the hassle though

Surgeon Sim 2013 was added to the GOG Connect list. No DLC though, so seems more worthless than the rest of the games they let you add.

Wow, that is pretty random. If the sequel gets a port, even better.
Sequel was supposed to be released on steam by Console Classics but hasn't happened yet. If they do, it'd be the PS1 version though, cuz all of their other releases use PS1 emulators.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought D2 had a ps1 release but it doesn't. I guess it was the first D that was going to be released on steam, but it looks like nightdive beat them to getting the rights? Either way, D will come to steam eventually cuz of Nightdive

Unless someone makes a Dreamcast emulator that's easy to rip off and sell for a few bucks, it ain't happening.
They don't need to do that when they can just put the PS1 version on steam, like I mentioned in my post right before yours.. it's most likely what will happen

I'll always remember D as the first game where I ever saw a quick time event.  I won't forgive it for that.

Still loved that game though.  Don't have my PS1 copy anymore.  I should pick it up again.

Emulators have been known to being licensed cheaply. A Sega Genesis emulator for ps2 I beta tested a while sold for only 2 grand.
And yet we have Console Classics, who took a free emulator and started selling it. Same with Piko.

Maybe if someone paid for the software then cool, but why bother if there's a free version that can be modified? Demul doesn't have an easy to modify version (no source available.) So nope, doubt we'll see D2 at all.

And yet we have Console Classics, who took a free emulator and started selling it. Same with Piko.

Maybe if someone paid for the software then cool, but why bother if there's a free version that can be modified? Demul doesn't have an easy to modify version (no source available.) So nope, doubt we'll see D2 at all.
There's NullDC. The source code for that has been released. It has also spawned a better emulator in Reicast.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. There's still the matter of the DC bios, though.
I'm fairly certain that if Console Classics didn't care about ripping off Emulator code and trying a half assed cover up they won't give a damn about ripping off a console bios. Just make sure to buy the game before it gets removed.

I'm fairly certain that if Console Classics didn't care about ripping off Emulator code and trying a half assed cover up they won't give a damn about ripping off a console bios. Just make sure to buy the game before it gets removed.
The emulator they ripped off had a simulated bios, so Sony can't touch 'em.

If Night Dive could get their hands on the source code for D2 though, wouldn't it be possible to do a port to PC? It'd be a bit more involved than a DOSBox wrapper for a game, but they've updated code before.

Night Dive is looking to "remaster" System Shock by moving all the game assets to the Unity engine. They're looking to launch a Kickstarter to fund it:

http://thegg.net/interviews/night-dive-studios-interview-with-stephen-kick/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/21-years-later-system-shock-gets-pc-enhanced-editi/1100-6430786/

A Kickstarter to port D2 could be done, although I don't know if that title has the same fanbase and brand awareness as System Shock.

Defender's Quest, Door Kickers, and Kona have been added to GOG connect
I don't own any of these anywhere.

Correction:

Actually, I own Defender's Quest on GOG already but don't own on Steam, somehow...

Don't own the other 2 anywhere, though.

Summer Sale has started.

Also, you can grab a free copy of System Shock 2 for the next 48 hours. I guess you gotta log into the GOG client to get it though. Hat tip to Tomasety for calling all of this to my attention over in the main PC thread.

Decided to install GOG Galaxy, got System Shock 2 free, nice. Guess I'll be spending some time collecting XP too for free games. Might get Day of the Tentacle.

The D&D Classics are finally on sale.  Don't remember seeing them marked down before, but then I don't pay much attention to their sales.

Does anyone need help getting stuff at the lower Latin American price? I can help! I figure if I help enough people, I'll get enough XP from gifting to get a free game or two.

WELP NEVER MIND. GOG just told me I can't gift stuff with my regional price.

bread's done
Back