GoGamer.com Red Friday Madness Going On Now - PC, X360, Wii, & PS3 Games

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
Sorry I did a search and did not see this posted. Gogamer.com is having a Red Friday sale tomorrow.

:360: Tom Clancy's EndWar - $37.90
:360: Guitar Hero: World Tour Band Kit - $159.90
:360: Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows - $29.90
:360: LEGO Batman - $24.90
:360: Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - $14.90
:360: Fracture - $14.90

:wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour Band Kit - $169.90
:wii: Mushroom Men: Spore Wars - $34.90
:wii: Castle Of Shikigami III - $17.90

:ps3: LEGO Batman - $29.90

:ds: Mushroom Men: Rise Of The Fungi - $19.90

:pc: Prince Of Persia (2008) - $29.90
:pc: Need For Speed: Undercover - $29.90
:pc: Warhammer Online CE - $44.90
:pc: Saitek Eclipse 2 Keyboard - $32.90
:pc: Grand Theft Auto IV - $34.90
:pc: LOTR Online: Mines Of Moria - $26.90
:pc: Stranger - $10.90

****:pc: Various PC Games $0.21-$9.90****

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nameless One']what's wrong with imports?[/QUOTE]

Nothing as far buying & playing it at a cheaper price, but trade wise people seem to dislike imports with multi language covers as much as Platinum hits. It doesn't bother me though but if I traded or sold an import version to someone I would list it as an import as GoGamer has here.

[quote name='SuperTongue']Ugh. I'm angry. I bit the Eclipse keyboard last week and, of course, they sell the Eclipse 2 for like 10 dollars more. WONDERFUL.

Ah well, there isn't THAT much of a difference besides color changes and a few more shortcut buttons.[/QUOTE]
Might be worth calling 'em to see if you can get the difference. Found this on their webpage which seems to indicate no, but since they're the same item on similar madness deals they might do it.
In order for GoGamer to keep bringing you these excellent prices, we need to be strict about our policies. Games purchased prior to a 48 Hour Madness sale and are featured in the 48 Hour madness sale will not be subject to a refund of the price difference. NOT NEGOTIABLE. Limit of one game per person.
Doesn't hurt to try at least.

I bit on Fracture. I've been waiting for a cheap price for it, and $17 shipped sounds about right to me. I've spent hundreds on games in the past few months. :cry:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Fracture is region free...the only thing different about the import would be a different rating logo on the box and maybe additional languages on the description and manual. You get the same game that you would here in the states otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Are there any distinction in the achievements when they show up on your gaming record like will they show up as an International version of Fracture instead of a regular Fracture?

I just don't want something like that messing up my achievement record like I heard that Juiced: Hot Import Nights did to many folks.

I got a PAL version of Fracture in the mail. It worked for the bit I played it but I only bought it to trade it in. Luckily Blockbuster manually typed it in and gave me the credit.

This might cause some problems for people wanting to deal it to Gamestop as part of a deal when they get done with it.

[quote name='schuerm26']I got a PAL version of Fracture in the mail. It worked for the bit I played it but I only bought it to trade it in. Luckily Blockbuster manually typed it in and gave me the credit.

This might cause some problems for people wanting to deal it to Gamestop as part of a deal when they get done with it.[/QUOTE]

Well that's not good. PAL wouldn't work with NTSC.

I was going to pick it up afterall, but I think I'll wait now.

Picked up Fracture, probably will still regret it.

Already was unsure on purchase, decided to cancel after I realized it was an import.

I bought Fracture (import) on BF from GoGamer and it plays like any other game should. From start to finish, no problems (achievements included). I'd say it's definitely worth the price. Just don't expect Gears or Halo, and you'll enjoy it. :)

[quote name='xbox_mole']Are there any distinction in the achievements when they show up on your gaming record like will they show up as an International version of Fracture instead of a regular Fracture?

I just don't want something like that messing up my achievement record like I heard that Juiced: Hot Import Nights did to many folks.[/quote]

No distinctions in gameplay at all, same achievements, same game.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Well that's not good. PAL wouldn't work with NTSC.

I was going to pick it up afterall, but I think I'll wait now.[/quote]

They are still marked by their specific region but this is a region free title regardless if it's marked PAL, JPN, or NTSC.

Check here:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-fracture-70-2xgz.html
asia.gif
No Region Protection
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-fracture-70-2xgz.html

[quote name='xbox_mole']Well that's not good. PAL wouldn't work with NTSC.

I was going to pick it up afterall, but I think I'll wait now.[/quote]

It worked fine on my system. The problem is I think the barcode is different so it doesn't scan correctly to trade in at Blockbuster. They had to manually type in the game to get the value. I would imagine if they had known anything about games they would have seen the PAL on the disc. The cover is also different. I would imagine trading it in to Gamestop would be much more difficult, though it does work on US Systems.

Wish I had realized these were PAL / NTSCJ versions... ah well. Hope the Japanese BiA: HH doesn't cut out the blood and guts. ;)

As for trading them in... keep the cover... they take games without them.

bread's done
Back