GoHastings B2G1 for $1 (used)

Great deal for those who missed out on the 25% deal, or have three similarly-priced used games in mind. Thanks, OP.

EDIT: They've got Dead Rising 2, Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions, and Halo: Reach in stock in the $40 range for those interested.

why do you have to use a code now? is there any specific reason, i liked it better when they just set it up for you.

how long will this sale last, anyone know? and what's the difference between used and previously viewed? I've never bought from gohastings, are there used items usually in acceptable condition?

[quote name='bronxbombas']site won't process any of my orders. tells me to contact customer service every time i hit process order.[/QUOTE]

These sales normally take awhile to roll over, so unfortunately you will get the error often at the start of sale.

And hate to tell you this, but because you kept pressing the button, you most likely have been charged multiple times for that same order on your credit card now, so yeah....

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how long will this sale last, anyone know? and what's the difference between used and previously viewed? I've never bought from gohastings, are there used items usually in acceptable condition?[/QUOTE]

Hastings sells rental copies which are the previously viewed, which sometimes are better but not always, and unfortunately as of recently, Hastings actually got rid of their 100% quality guarantee and now the guarantee is just for the functionality of the product you order, and they will refund if it's not complete or not since it's actually written into their policy now, so it's pretty much a toss up.

Personally I have had great experiences with them, and out of the 100+ games I've ordered from them, I'd say maybe 5% came in just unbearable condition.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how long will this sale last, anyone know? and what's the difference between used and previously viewed? I've never bought from gohastings, are there used items usually in acceptable condition?[/QUOTE]

Generally lasts a week. Used = games traded in to Hastings. Previously Viewed = copies that Hastings has rented out to people. Used is what generally works with these sales.

The condition is generally great. Much better than you will get from ordering from Gamestop online or the like. Some people have had bad luck occasionally. I have ordered probably 9 or 12 games from gohastings b2g1 sales this year and all came complete in good condition.

The prices will generally beat what you can find elsewhere even with shipping costs during these sales. Some states will be taxed.

Prices will go up as their stock of a title goes down. So don't be surprised if you put off buying that $25 game for a few days and come back and it is now $35.

Shipping is a flat rate per item no matter how many items you order. The reason: Every game could potentially come from a different store when you place an order.

There have been reports that customer service can be a pain (slow response to e-mails, phone lines not answered on the weekends, etc) if you do have any issues with your order.

I believe they went to a manual code entry instead of an automatic discount to prevent unwanted promo stacking or some such a while back.

I'm sure I am missing some things, but that covers some of the questions that pop up in every single gohastings thread that is started.

Personally, I recommend them. Definitely my #1 source for used games this year, and all have come complete and in good condition.

Thinking about dropping an order in for a few cheap titles that I have yet to play through but feel I should. SW: TFU for example, since the sequel is coming up.

yeah just realized previously viewed won't count for the b2g1 anyways, thanks for the quick replys. I may just place a small order to see how the experience goes with shipping/ quality/ condition.

are the used collector editions versions of the games comes with everything... they have great prices on their used games :)

Since they seem to have these sales so often now I dont feel compelled to spend money during them anymore. I feel like I can just get some next sale.

^Uh, shit yeah ninja. How do you think my collection got big. Wait til black Friday.

I guess I'll try it... see what I can find.

[quote name='MachineElf']Do they ever have sales on blu-rays?[/QUOTE]

Not recently but once they had a sale that was 40% off all blurays. It was crazy!

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Not recently but once they had a sale that was 40% off all blurays. It was crazy![/QUOTE]

That sale was epic. I purchased 60 blu-ray movies at the avg price of ~$6 including shipping. Last year shipping use to be $1 for every additional item.

[quote name='Squarehard']

Hastings sells rental copies which are the previously viewed, which sometimes are better but not always, and unfortunately as of recently, Hastings actually got rid of their 100% quality guarantee and now the guarantee is just for the functionality of the product you order, and they will refund if it's not complete or not since it's actually written into their policy now, so it's pretty much a toss up.

[/QUOTE]

This part rubs me the wrong way unfortunately. Did you or anyone else who has had experience with poor video game conditions return them and how was their return services?

Last time I ordered from them, it was wonderful, so...
In for

DJ Hero Bundle
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
and Split/Second

for 70.49

[quote name='kill3r7']That sale was epic. I purchased 60 blu-ray movies at the avg price of ~$6 including shipping. Last year shipping use to be $1 for every additional item.[/QUOTE]

How are they about the condition of their Blurays? I've always received games from GoHastings that were in good shape but I've never tried Blurays. Did most come with their case and cover art?

Not really relevant to this thread, but goHastings is offering The Eye of Judgement for $29.99 new. AKA you can get a PS3 Eye camera for a decent price and get a free game out of it. After shipping it's ~$32, which beats Amazon's lowest price for new.

[quote name='Gorge']How are they about the condition of their Blurays? I've always received games from GoHastings that were in good shape but I've never tried Blurays. Did most come with their case and cover art?[/QUOTE]

They were all complete and in great shape. Avoid buying previewed movies from them because they are just rental copies. Additionally keep in mind that if you have any problems with the items you receive their customer service is usually top notch and will take care of everything.

I got bored in the shower just now and wanted to calculate the better deal between the previous 25% off offer and this B2G1$1 offer... so if you hate math please skip my scribbling.

Assuming:
-You bought 3 games at roughly the same price (no $40 + $1 + $1 purchases), we set up an equation marking the point at which the sales become equal:

.75(3X) = 2X + 1
2.25X = 2X + 1
.25X = 1
X = 4

Meaning only if you bought games at 24.666)

.75(40 + 30 + 25)= 71.25
vs
40 + 30 + 1= 71
B2G1$1 wins

So there you have it. Kudos to those who bought games with a price disparity of the aforementioned proportions and kudos to those who bought similar priced games with the B2G1$1 :D

-CAG Math Nerd out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Not recently but once they had a sale that was 40% off all blurays. It was crazy![/QUOTE]

Wow wish I hadn't missed that sale! I didn't even know about it. Hopefully something along those lines again soon.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Wow wish I hadn't missed that sale! I didn't even know about it. Hopefully something along those lines again soon.[/QUOTE]

I think they realized they lost out on a lot during that sale, so I have yet to see another one since that last one all those days ago.

Sure they run some blu-ray sales in stores now, but prices in stores are like marked up 40% anyways, and also I haz no Hastings around me :*(

[quote name='thresherhorn']I got bored in the shower just now and wanted to calculate the better deal between the previous 25% off offer and this B2G1$1 offer... so if you hate math please skip my scribbling.
[/QUOTE]

That was actually very much appreciated lol :applause:

Wasn't it common sense that buying three games together would be a better deal for Buy 2 Get 1 $1, rather than 25% off? Could have sworn people were saying the 25% deal was better only if you're buying one or two games, or have large price differences. *shrug*

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Wasn't it common sense that buying three games together would be a better deal for Buy 2 Get 1 $1, rather than 25% off? Could have sworn people were saying the 25% deal was better only if you're buying one or two games, or have large price differences. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Well, the issue is that you have to figure in that shipping is $7 for 3 items, so for cheaper items 25% off for cheaper games will be the better deal, which is basically what that huge table of math was trying to say, but we're talking like dirt cheap games such as $3-$4 games, and also you have the option to not pick up 3 games, or you can do a purchase that is not in multiple of 3s.

Basically if shipping was not involved, of course B2G1 for $1 would be better, but as it stands, the shipping throws the balance off depending on what price point combination you decide to go with.

That's what he was trying to say.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Wasn't it common sense that buying three games together would be a better deal for Buy 2 Get 1 $1, rather than 25% off? Could have sworn people were saying the 25% deal was better only if you're buying one or two games, or have large price differences. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

I think someone just wanted to show off their third grade math skills.

I was merely trying to find the limits mathematically. And technically no, "buying three games" does not automatically mean B2G1$1 is better. You proved that yourself in your own statement with the "large price difference". I merely found at what point those differences matter. :)

Some people just don't like math like i do i spose :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, the issue is that you have to figure in that shipping is $7 for 3 items, so for cheaper items 25% off for cheaper games will be the better deal, which is basically what that huge table of math was trying to say, but we're talking like dirt cheap games such as $3-$4 games, and also you have the option to not pick up 3 games, or you can do a purchase that is not in multiple of 3s.

Basically if shipping was not involved, of course B2G1 for $1 would be better, but as it stands, the shipping throws the balance off depending on what price point combination you decide to go with.

That's what he was trying to say.[/QUOTE]

And actually shipping wasn't the focus of this question. But it does raise other questions. Would you be required to pay for shipping of the 3rd game even during B2G1$1. Because if you do (as I'm suspecting you would), Shipping would be a fixed cost whether it be this week or last week. If not, you're looking at a new equation all together! As a side note to the shipping I'd be forced to ask would you be required to pay tax for that 3rd game? If so the equations stand, if not they fall as the "25% off" payer would be paying an additional charge (7-10% depending on where you are, and after recalculating isn't THAT big of a difference: roughly 40 cents) for the 3rd game. So I'll concede the equations are probly off by that much. :)

And of course everything we've been saying would be debunked if you wanted to get into marginal utility ("how much this game is worth to me in comparison to how much I'm paying for it") so I ask those of you who are aiming to poke holes in the logic/math to concede that everyone is wrong :D

Hooray beer. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered nine total games the last time they had this sale. The copies of the newer games that I ordered came in excellent shape. The games that were a few years older came in pretty good shape too.

I've been buying way too many games lately and New Vegas is coming out soon. Plus all of the other games in November. So I'm going to see if I find some good cheap games this time around. Maybe some that are in the $6 to $14 range or so. Okami for the Wii is one game I have my eye on. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is another I'd consider getting since I've never played it and the second game is coming out. Has anyone else noticed any good games at good prices on the site that they'd recommend?

Which reminds me that their prices fluctuated a lot during the last sale. One day, a game would be $14, then the next day it would be $9... then it'd be back up to $13 the next. Not sure how long this sale is going on for but that's something to keep an eye on.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, the issue is that you have to figure in that shipping is $7 for 3 items, so for cheaper items 25% off for cheaper games will be the better deal, which is basically what that huge table of math was trying to say, but we're talking like dirt cheap games such as $3-$4 games, and also you have the option to not pick up 3 games, or you can do a purchase that is not in multiple of 3s.

That's what he was trying to say.[/QUOTE]
I know what he was trying to say. My point was that while everyone didn't know the exact number, no one should have really cared. People can figure out on their own whether or not the 25% or the BUY2G1 deal was better, probably in less time it took to read the whole post.
I think someone just wanted to show off their third grade math skills.

Some people just don't like math like i do i spose :D
Yeah, I think that's it.
/end derailment

Got 4 games on friday from their 25% off deal. And with this B2G1 Deal for sunday.... I got 3 more:
:ps3:
Resonance Of Fate
Heavy Rain
and Singularity
For 60.xx shipped.

I've always ordered from Gohastings during these sales and every single game has come complete. BUT I have not ordered any games for my xbox 360 or my wii. It's pure PS3 games I get from Gohastings.. and amazon is my Xbox 360 place.

[quote name='thresherhorn']I got bored in the shower just now and wanted to calculate the better deal between the previous 25% off offer and this B2G1$1 offer... [/QUOTE]

The fact that you did all that in your head (assuming you don't have a fancy waterproof calculator and you were actually bathing at the time) is amazing.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The fact that you did all that in your head (assuming you don't have a fancy waterproof calculator and you were actually bathing at the time) is amazing.[/QUOTE]

I did it all "beautiful mind" style scribbling in the condensation on my shower wall.... :p

I mean.... I really wish I could find a third game, Killzone 2 and Infamous at $14 each before getting a 3rd game for $1 sounds like a steal. Must find something! :bomb:

I picked up Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, and Sega & Sonic All-Stars Racing for $42 shipped.

spidey, DR2 and tfu:use for 99 isn't bad. But no promise I'll get the steelbok for tfu:use, and the fact the newer games will be cheaper new by the time I get through my backlog makes me say no. I have a 360 copy of ultimate sith now, but it's new in plastic, and worth betwern 150 and 200like that....hate to open it

I want to put in an order but no where on the site does it state if they include boxes/manuals or the conditions.

Some of the things I want to order are older PS2 games, PSP games, some old PS3 games.

Thanks!

[quote name='DS9']I want to put in an order but no where on the site does it state if they include boxes/manuals or the conditions.

Some of the things I want to order are older PS2 games, PSP games, some old PS3 games.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That's right because the site doesn't guarantee boxes/manuals. I'm pretty sure you will get everything complete, the only way to find out is to try. I've ordered a couple times from them and got complete and great condition but never bought any ps2 games.

Wanted 70$ shipping fees for 24 games and would be shipped from various locations and packages. I canceled.

Shipping and Tax kinda sucked but I figured I saved more even with that + the sale. Got a couple games I have been wanting to play for some time.

Dragon Age – 14.16
Mass Effect 2 – 13.51
Fable 2 – 1.00
Shadow Run – 1.00
The Saboteur – 10.16
Prince of Persia – 8.65

$65.89 – Shipping and Tax

[quote name='panzerfaust']Taking a while for the shipping confirmation :oldman:[/QUOTE]

It's Columbus today, they won't ship out anyways even if they did get it packaged.

bread's done
Back