Golden Eye 007 Classic Edition (Includes Gold Classic controller) - $69.99 shipped

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been pretty vocal about posting MSRP deals, but I do make exceptions when I think something might be limited. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but Nintendo is releasing an edition of Goldeneye 007 with a golden Classic Pro controller included. It's $20 more than the regular edition, but also consider regular classic pro controller sells for $22.99 on Amazon.

So while more of a heads-up, than a deal, I thought some might be interested in it. So does anyone think these might only be available for a limited time?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Controller:

41sld64j%2BwL._AA300_.jpg

Box art:

41G4tBsfhcL._AA300_.jpg

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's not even funny how shitty this game is going to be. And full priced? Good lord...[/QUOTE]
I agree, I have a feeling this one is going to be a stinker

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's not even funny how shitty this game is going to be. And full priced? Good lord...[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate why you feel it's going to be shitty?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you elaborate why you feel it's going to be shitty?[/QUOTE]

probably because it's on the wii. everyone would love it if it was on the 360

preordering

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you elaborate why you feel it's going to be shitty?[/QUOTE]

People are mad that port of the Xbox Live Arcade version isn't coming, so they put their hate on this game.

They had this bundle up during E3 for couple hours for $49.99. I ordered it and now I'm getting it for that price. (I hope)

[quote name='Jodou']fucking. . .I thought this was on sale for a second because of the post. This shit needs to end.[/QUOTE]

For crying out loud, someone give this poor soul his wasted second back!

It's a port of GoldenEye (well not really a port, but look at it!)..

It's the year 2010.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's a port of GoldenEye..

It's the year 2010.[/QUOTE]

chrono trigger on the ds was amazing...

[quote name='za23']They had this bundle up during E3 for couple hours for $49.99. I ordered it and now I'm getting it for that price. (I hope)[/QUOTE]

ooo nice, I do hope you get it. I've seen this on Amazon for a few weeks now, and I hesitated posting it to be honest, waiting for some sort of Amazon credit or whatever. I figured I might as well give the heads-up for those that didn't see it before.

I did just get a Wii and I need a classic controller anyway, so I figure I might as well get a nice unique one like this. Plus the game is looking pretty good to me. It's developed by Eurocom who has a pretty good history in the industry and have helped make some solid titles.

agreed
i thought i was the only person feeling like this when i clicked at the link and saw the price.

its a damn port.
50 is too much

I thought it was going to cost the same as Perfect Dark for XBLA.

[quote name='mcdaking84']probably because it's on the wii. everyone would love it if it was on the 360

preordering[/QUOTE]
Not gonna lie, if it released on PC for a reasonable price I'd pick it up. Goldeneye Source just never got off the ground.

[quote name='mcdaking84']chrono trigger on the ds was amazing...[/QUOTE]

Yeah well people always have something to complain about nowadays... the game will probably do very well and ppl will still bitch about something.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's a port of GoldenEye (well not really a port, but look at it!)..

It's the year 2010.[/QUOTE]

Over the last few years I've seen countless people wishing a remake or port of GoldeEye be made this generation with online multiplayer, so I don't really see how this is such a bad thing. I imagine a lot more people would be interested if it were on the 360 and PS3.

[quote name='gsat']This would be worth it if they included the original golden eye for the 64.[/QUOTE]

that would kinda defeat the purpose of the game..

[quote name='ssjmichael']Over the last few years I've seen countless people wishing a remake or port of GoldeEye be made this generation with online multiplayer, so I don't really see how this is such a bad thing. I imagine a lot more people would be interested if it were on the 360 and PS3.[/QUOTE]

Of course you hear people begging for GoldenEye, it's called nostalgia.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a horribly aged N64 FPS, and the brand has never managed to impress since then. But let's drop $50 on some shitty Wii title because it's GoldenEye and that was fun when I was a kid.

But maybe I'm being pessimistic.

I'm pretty excited for this, along with 007 Blood Stone on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Hopefully both games turn out well.

I'm going to wait to see if this is ever released for 360. If not, I'm still not buying a wii no matter what game comes out. And why isn't Pierce Brosnan in this? Anyways, I'm better off playing Goldeneye: Source or Goldeneye 64. And that golden controller? Just spraypaint one gold.

[quote name='cRodz']
its a damn port.
[/QUOTE]

Did you bother to look at a video of the game play? I don't recall being able to snap peoples necks on the 64 version nor was Daniel Craig in the game as Bond.

:applause:

[quote name='za23']People are mad that port of the Xbox Live Arcade version isn't coming, so they put their hate on this game.

They had this bundle up during E3 for couple hours for $49.99. I ordered it and now I'm getting it for that price. (I hope)[/QUOTE]

Nintendo killing the XBLA version (I know it's only a rumor :roll:, ya right) does get me angry. But since I still have my N64 version with a N64 to play it on, I can overlook it. My reason for the hate is that Daniel Craig is in it. As far as I can remember he wasn't in the movie whatsoever. And for me, his style of Bond doesn't mesh with Goldeneye's Bond.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Of course you hear people begging for GoldenEye, it's called nostalgia.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a horribly aged N64 FPS, and the brand has never managed to impress since then. But let's drop $50 on some shitty Wii title because it's GoldenEye and that was fun when I was a kid.

But maybe I'm being pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

or maybe you're just being an idiot? calling it shitty before even seeing reviews or actually playing it?
:roll:

[quote name='mcdaking84']or maybe you're just being an idiot? calling it shitty before even seeing reviews or actually playing it?
:roll:[/QUOTE]

Goldeneye is an AGED FPS? WHAAAAA? It redefined first-person shooters and has some of the best multiplayer ever. You be trippin.

If you have a Wii this looks like a buy. It is certainly NOT a port. I wish it was to be honest, the game didn't need changing. But for people who don't have a Wii, I don't see anyone buying one to play this, like myself. If this was realized for xbox it would of gotten way more sales.

I'm sorry but you would of have to been living in a cave for the past decade of FPS evolution to watch the GoldenEye footage and be impressed.

If it's that easy to be hyped for games though, I'm truly jealous.

[quote name='mcdaking84']probably because it's on the wii. everyone would love it if it was on the 360
[/QUOTE]

You say this as if it isn't a legitimate reason.

the 360 would have better everything-- sound, graphics, online, control, achievements, decreased loading from being stored on the HDD, and all at the $15 XBLA price point.

That is, if Perfect Dark XBLA is anything to go by.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']It redefined first-person shooters and has some of the best multiplayer ever. [/QUOTE]

actually.....

halo-combat-evolved-pc-retail-box.jpg

and yes...it deeply hurts me but..its..true.

Anyone who hasn't played this game and is already saying it's bad is TALKING OUT OF THEIR ASS.

Why don't you wait to see how to turns out? This could be the greatest game ever for all you know. (Doubtful.. but it could be.)

[quote name='confoosious']Anyone who hasn't played this game and is already saying it's bad is TALKING OUT OF THEIR ASS.

Why don't you wait to see how to turns out? This could be the greatest game ever for all you know.[/QUOTE]

It isn't. It's horrible.

HALO REACH NEXT WEEK! fuck yes!

It's been said before, but I'll say it again... anyone who even REMOTELY thinks this is a 'port' needs to remove their head from their ass. That's not me defending the game, either, since I think it's a blatant cash grab, and I would've much rather had the ACTUAL port for Live Arcade. This has so little to do with the original GoldenEye, game OR movie, that I hesitate to even call it a remake. Activision has built a totally new game from the ground up, and it has little in common with the N64 title, let alone being a direct port.

Oh, and a quick note to the guy complaining that it isn't Brosnan... this also, really, isn't GoldenEye. It may have a similar sounding super-weapon in it, but nearly every single character has been tweaked, mainly because it's set in 2010(ish). So, again, it's a little pointless to complain about what Bond looks like, since this seems to be nearly as original as Bloodstone.

Rant. Sorry.

WTF, I heard about this but this is the first I've actually seen of it. So it's basically the same game, with a few changes in combat and characters.... and instead of Brosnan they've just thrown in whatshisface.

[quote name='007']It's been said before, but I'll say it again... anyone who even REMOTELY thinks this is a 'port' needs to remove their head from their ass. That's not me defending the game, either, since I think it's a blatant cash grab, and I would've much rather had the ACTUAL port for Live Arcade. This has so little to do with the original GoldenEye, game OR movie, that I hesitate to even call it a remake. Activision has built a totally new game from the ground up, and it has little in common with the N64 title, let alone being a direct port.

Oh, and a quick note to the guy complaining that it isn't Brosnan... this also, really, isn't GoldenEye. It may have a similar sounding super-weapon in it, but nearly every single character has been tweaked, mainly because it's set in 2010(ish). So, again, it's a little pointless to complain about what Bond looks like, since this seems to be nearly as original as Bloodstone.

Rant. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Well, all I'm seeing is a video showing a level that looks exactly like the Dam level.

I would preorder the game/controller combo for 49.99. That would be nice. For the game only i would wait for some credit deal.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Goldeneye is an AGED FPS? WHAAAAA? It redefined first-person shooters and has some of the best multiplayer ever. You be trippin.

If you have a Wii this looks like a buy. It is certainly NOT a port. I wish it was to be honest, the game didn't need changing. But for people who don't have a Wii, I don't see anyone buying one to play this, like myself. If this was realized for xbox it would of gotten way more sales.[/QUOTE]
After playing Halo, MW2, Battlefield, and the COUNTLESS other FPS games that have come out since Goldeneye, it's pretty clear that time has not been kind to 007.

We remember it as amazing because of nostalgia and the fact that when it was out, it WAS amazing. It hasn't aged well at all.

[quote name='mcdaking84']chrono trigger on the ds was amazing...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what connection you're trying to make here. Well I do. But it's frighteningly retarded.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm not sure what connection you're trying to make here. Well I do. But it's frighteningly retarded.[/QUOTE]

The only thing retarded was you discounting a game because it's remake of a game made 10 years ago

[quote name='mcdaking84']The only thing retarded was you discounting a game because it's remake of a game made 10 years ago[/QUOTE]

It's not a remake.

chrono trigger is still a highly playable and fun RPG

007 is something more like Street Fighter 2: World Warrior. I respect it, but I don't play it. Although 007 is even less playable than SF2, comparatively.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's not a remake.[/QUOTE]

so what do you call it, since you can't make up your mind?

It's a port of GoldenEye (well not really a port, but look at it!

bread's done
Back