Golden Eye 007 Classic Edition (Includes Gold Classic controller) - $69.99 shipped

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been pretty vocal about posting MSRP deals, but I do make exceptions when I think something might be limited. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but Nintendo is releasing an edition of Goldeneye 007 with a golden Classic Pro controller included. It's $20 more than the regular edition, but also consider regular classic pro controller sells for $22.99 on Amazon.

So while more of a heads-up, than a deal, I thought some might be interested in it. So does anyone think these might only be available for a limited time?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Controller:

41sld64j%2BwL._AA300_.jpg

Box art:

41G4tBsfhcL._AA300_.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've been pretty vocal about posting MSRP deals, but I do make exceptions

[/QUOTE]

Then you are now longer allowed to complain about what someone else posts in the deals section least you turn yourself into a hypocrite. No exceptions.

Awesome controller. If I didn't already have two CC pros, I'd be way too tempted. As it stands, 3rd party Wii game = wait for $10 price tag.

Golden Eye was amazing for its time. I got it on release and enjoyed it for years. To this day I love pulling the N64 out and playing some good ol Golden Eye. I have many friends who still play the game competitively among themselves.

Everyone saying it has aged badly really might want to take another look. The controls are solid, the weapons are fun, the levels are interesting, the enemies are entertaining, and the missions can range from fun/simple to challenging/complex.

It's a shame the game was limited to the N64. If it were released on PC, I'd bet the online would still have an active community. There was already one Golden Eye remake attempted as a Half-Life 2 mod. Golden Eye Source. To my knowledge it was never finished and remains rather buggy, but was still quite fun to fans of the original.

I look forward to this re-make and will try it before I judge.

One last thing... Halo sucks.:bomb:

What a rip-off. Monster Hunter tri has the bundle for only 10 bucks more. I bet this game will hit the bargain bin faster than red steel 2 and goldeneye: rogue agent.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's not a remake.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's a shameless butchering of a classic game using leftover codes from call of duty wii games.

While Goldeneye 007 on N64 was probably one of the most important FPS local multiplayer experiences in console history, it's foolish to discount Halo both for it's internet play experience and maybe more importantly the co-op campaign experience. Strictly from a 'console' perspective that is.

"This is so far away from a deal it's not even funny... "

Really amusing that someone(OP) who make comments like ^ in other threads would post this as a deal.
Talking about the game, I am looking forward to it when it hits the $15-20 point which should not be long.
Something tells me that I am going to pick it up at one of Gamefly's used games sales!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']"This is so far away from a deal it's not even funny... "

Really amusing that someone(OP) who make comments like ^ in other threads would post this as a deal.
Talking about the game, I am looking forward to it when it hits the $15-20 point which should not be long.
Something tells me that I am going to pick it up at one of Gamefly's used games sales![/QUOTE]

I said I posted this because of the potential of the controller being limited. If the controller ends up being a hot commodity on ebay, etc.. you will all eat your words. I already gave my own disclaimer saying this isn't solely deal thread, but also more a heads-up about the controller (which isn't sold separately), but your mind probably couldn't grasp that. It's okay.

[quote name='cRodz']I thought it was going to cost the same as Perfect Dark for XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's whats sad, Rare upgraded the rendering on Perfect Dark, made it HD, included online play and sold it at 800pts ($10). I just couldn't justify paying $50+ on an upgraded port of the N64 game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If the controller ends up being a hot commodity on ebay, etc.. you will all eat your words.[/QUOTE]
It's a fucking WII CONTROLLER.

Will. Never. Happen.

I don't know how it's a "classic controller" by Goldeneye standards. A real classic controller for Goldeneye would need a three handles, a trigger on the back and some C-buttons.

[quote name='Jodou']It's a fucking WII CONTROLLER.

Will. Never. Happen.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we'll see ... Gamecube Wavebirds can still fetch a pretty penny. Silver ones more than the standard gray.

If the gold one only comes with the game, I bet you could unload it for more than a standard controller.

[quote name='flix1']Yeah, we'll see ... Gamecube Wavebirds can still fetch a pretty penny. Silver ones more than the standard gray.

If the gold one only comes with the game, I bet you could unload it for more than a standard controller.[/QUOTE]
Well, the Wavebird was a first-party wireless controller, so it's understandable.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, the Wavebird was a first-party wireless controller, so it's understandable.[/QUOTE]

Uh, so is this?

[quote name='flix1']If the gold one only comes with the game, I bet you could unload it for more than a standard controller.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, it's 2010. EVERYTHING is wireless.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Wavebird maintained its value because it was the only wireless first party controller for the GC and when the Wii came along, many people preferred it to the classic controller which didn't even work with some games. or the Wiimote, particularly for playing GC games on the Wii. This is just a crappy classic controller pro spray painted gold. Sometimes I wonder why half of you people are on this board. It seems like you will buy literally anything regardless of price or value and whether or not the game is any good. You also seem to have no ability to comprehend that "limited" edition items aren't 99.9% of the time. Heck, of all the limited edition games released in the past three years, there are only about five total that have maintained or gone up in value. That means everyone who keeps buying this junk at release is literally wasting their money and would be better off buying the one or two a year that go up in value on Ebay, even at several times MSRP to avoid the hundreds or thousands of dollars you are wasting on stuff that drops in value instantly.

bojay, I realize that you may never, ever understand this concept, but please try: not everyone buys games to sell them or seal them away in a vault. Some of us actually buy the stuff simply to enjoy it. We don't care if a game is not going to go up in value. It's funny that you always question why some of us are here. Why are you here? It's Cheap Ass Gamer...not a site about collecting crap.

So any "news worthy" release at MSRP ends up in the deals section. I am not asking for my 1 second back, but just "saying".

[quote name='david12795']i must buy this game when it comes out....i never played it on the n64....would anyone recommend this game then?[/QUOTE]

How could someone recommend it, if its not available right now :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']So any "news worthy" release at MSRP ends up in the deals section. I am not asking for my 1 second back, but just "saying".[/QUOTE]

Yes that's been the trend since I've been here. Limited edition Strategy guides that are essentially retail price from Amazon, Collector and Limited Edition games, limited edition gaming items (lithos, soundtracks) and so forth..

I welcome any mod to move this to the Wii section if they feel it'd be better there. I don't really give a shit either way. Some people have gone out of their way to troll this thread, often with a lot of misinformation. Apparently they can't simply ignore a thread that they have absolutely zero interest in.

I've yet to buy this, and I'm still holding out for some sort of actual "deal". As I said multiple times, it was more of a heads-up for those that didn't see it, since this edition doesn't seem to be getting much attention from media outlets. I just got a Wii as well, so the golden Wii classic controller is cool and unique to me. I also personally think this will go under the rader and may gain demand down the road.

[quote name='david12795']i must buy this game when it comes out....i never played it on the n64....would anyone recommend this game then?[/QUOTE]

I recommend you track down an old N64, or get an emulator and play this game.

How have you NOT played goldeneye :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's whats sad, Rare upgraded the rendering on Perfect Dark, made it HD, included online play and sold it at 800pts ($10). I just couldn't justify paying $50+ on an upgraded port of the N64 game.[/QUOTE]

People still are thinking this game is a port. :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']How could someone recommend it, if its not available right now :roll:[/QUOTE]

well coming from somebody who HAS played the original.

this thread has brought out the trolls. game looks pretty good for a Wii shooter, but i already have a classic controller so this isn't really for me. thanks for pointing it out OP.

[quote name='FiendCameron']this thread has brought out the trolls. game looks pretty good for a Wii shooter, but i already have a classic controller so this isn't really for me. thanks for pointing it out OP.[/QUOTE]

No prob :)

I'll probably have to wait until this takes a severe price drop. I barely play my Wii as it is. Also the Wii having underdeveloped online capability really hurts this one. It's much harder round up a bunch of friends, with the necessary controllers for single console gaming, nowadays. Shooters need good online.

Edit: That said, I am interested in this game and I had no idea this bundle existed so thanks OP.

[quote name='gsat']This would be worth it if they included the original golden eye for the 64.[/QUOTE]
Mmmm whatcha say?

[quote name='za23']People still are thinking this game is a port. :lol:[/QUOTE]
yeah because everyone knows that
[quote name='THHG']It's a brand new game. [/QUOTE]

right?

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I agree[/QUOTE]

If only your mommy and daddy taught you how to read. so sad :(

Also pretty hilarious coming from someone considering that Dead Rising 2 High Stakes edition. Or did you already buy it?

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's a port of GoldenEye (well not really a port, but look at it!)..

It's the year 2010.[/QUOTE]Exactly. And when you consider how far behind the bleeding edge of the genre (Quake) the original was in 1997, that doesn't bode well. Hell, Half-Life was only a year later. On the positive side, Rare isn't developing this one.

[quote name='d8onausa']Exactly. And when you consider how far behind the bleeding edge of the genre (Quake) the original was in 1997, that doesn't bode well. Hell, Half-Life was only a year later. On the positive side, Rare isn't developing this one.[/QUOTE]
Rare made my favorite games on the N64 ... GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I was a die hard Goldeneye fan and I'm really skeptical about this. I think it needs good online multi-player to succeed and Wii online is total trash. Local split screen ain't gonna be enough.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']bojay, I realize that you may never, ever understand this concept, but please try: not everyone buys games to sell them or seal them away in a vault. Some of us actually buy the stuff simply to enjoy it. We don't care if a game is not going to go up in value. It's funny that you always question why some of us are here. Why are you here? It's Cheap Ass Gamer...not a site about collecting crap.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you always clearly miss the point. The whole reason all these stupid MSRP threads keep getting posted is because some people argue that the game will go up in value or somehow make MSRP a deal. If you took the time to read what I was responding to, it was the OP claiming that everyone should preorder because the gold controller will be rare and valuable. I disagree and to me, paying $50 for the game and another $20 for the controller is straight up MSRP and not appropriate for posting here. The game hasn't even been reviewed, it's not even by the same development team as the original, there hasn't been a great James Bond game in I don't know how long and yet everyone is just assuming it will be great. That's completely foolish. Everytime they want to sell us another crappy James Bond game, it seems like the developer tries to claim it is somehow a spiritual Goldeneye successor or created by some developer that has some tenuous relationship to the original game. This game just happens to have the name and maybe some of the design elements. Will that make it great where others have failed? Who knows.

If the game drops in price or the controller becomes less than $20 in the bundle, it does seem like it would be a deal, like in the Monster Hunter bundle. I agree with you that this isn't a site about collecting crap. There are plenty of other sites for that. There are also a ton of video game news sites and sites that just post release dates. Heck, there are even subforums here where all this MSRP discussion would fit well. This specific deal forum should be for posting deals, not for garbage speculation about what might be valuable and things that are clearly MSRP.

While it's not a "deal" but people may be interested from a collector's point of view because it includes a golden controller, like some Zelda games had golden carts, controllers, etc.

its not the N64 game, but a new game. And while I liked Goldeneye for the N64 quite a bit, some games don't age well because the genre improves so much over time. Pac Man is still Pac Man, and a side scrolling Mario is still Mario, but comparing Goldeneye N64 to something like even the first Halo, well, you begin to see its age because FPS games are all about hight end graphics, speed, and multiplayer today. Some genres just show their age more than others.

So, sometimes the best you can hope for is a new game that pays homage to something you enjoyed in the past. And this might do that.

[quote name='za23']People still are thinking this game is a port. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's got Wii graphics...port or remake, it still won't look that great.

[quote name='Jodou']It's a fucking WII CONTROLLER.

Will. Never. Happen.[/QUOTE]

Then why do Super Famicom Classic Controllers constantly sell for over $50 on eBay? :roll:

To hell with the trolls, I'm looking forward to this game. :D

[quote name='mcdaking84']chrono trigger on the ds was amazing...[/QUOTE]

Invalid response.

How does an RPG on DS compare to a FPS on Wii? Anyway, go ahead and be one of 4 CAGs to pre-order this at full price.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's got Wii graphics...port or remake, it still won't look that great.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about graphics? #-o

[quote name='mcdaking84']that would kinda defeat the purpose of the game..[/QUOTE]
He is talking about as a extra the original golden eye would be included to make this a more worth buy. I will pass on this i sold my Wii so long ago and will never buy it again. The kinect made up my mind which console to keep.

[quote name='ninja dog']You say this as if it isn't a legitimate reason.

the 360 would have better everything-- sound, graphics, online, control, achievements, decreased loading from being stored on the HDD, and all at the $15 XBLA price point.

That is, if Perfect Dark XBLA is anything to go by.[/QUOTE]

Precisely, not to mention the fact that it would have been redone by the developers that actually made the game. Then there is also the fact that if it were on the 360 you would already have a perfect controller to use.

[quote name='socash11']I don't know how it's a "classic controller" by Goldeneye standards. A real classic controller for Goldeneye would need a three handles, a trigger on the back and some C-buttons.[/QUOTE]

THIS! I think this game is a total cash grab by Activision, but if they included a wireless N64 controller I would order it in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Corvin']THIS! I think this game is a total cash grab by Activision, but if they included a wireless N64 controller I would order it in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]
If they made this for the Nintendo 64, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

bread's done
Back