Goldeneye 007 watch for $7 shipped- other designs too!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit: You can make any watch you want, not just the 007 version. I have added some of them at the end of this post.

Found this on reddit.com right here and it did not come up in the CAG search.

You can get the decent 007 Goldeneye watch shown below from artscow.com for $7 shipped.

Several people on reddit.com reported getting the watch and were pleased. The photos below are the actual watch you should get.

artscow007watch.jpg

artscowwatch2.jpg

I just ordered and it took about 5 minutes.

Here is how:

1) Go here and grab the image you will need for the watch face

2) Go to artscow.com and sign up for a new account. By signing up for a new account, you get a bunch of free stuff including the watch (shipping is the $7)

3) Go to the Sports Watch page here

4) Click "Create it"

5) On the right under "Get started", click on 'choose file', find the photo you just downloaded, then click "NEXT Add and Preview"

6) As shown below, change the "Overlay" drop down menu to "No Clock Text"

noclocktext.jpg

7) Click "Review and Order"

8) Click "Add to cart" and you should see a total price of ZERO after the deduction of $10.99

9) Click "Checkout" and you should see a price on the right of $6.99 total

10) Pay with Paypal or Credit card and done

If you are buying more than one watch, enter code CLOCKWATCHES at checkout to get each watch for $5.99.

In addition, you can go to this page here and enter the codes and GIVEITEMS to get even more free stuff on your account.

To check the free stuff you have on your account go to "My Account" > Coupons & Discounts

They basically give you tons of free stuff but you pay the shipping.

Nintendo originally sold an official version that had a 007 logo hologram in the center of the watch. They are apparently hard to come by and look like this:

official007watch500.jpg

Other Designs

Mass Effect N7 Logo

I used "White/Black 12 Dots" for Overlay.

Image is here

masseffectwatchcrop.jpg

COD Prestige

I used "White/Black 12 Dots" for Overlay.

Image is here

codprestigewatchcrop.jpg

Resident Evil Umbrella logo

I used "Black/White 12 Dots" for Overlay.

Left image is here---------------------Middle image is here--------------------Right image is here

umbrellawatch350.jpg
umbrellasmallerwatchcro.jpg
residentevilfaceswatchcq.jpg

Resident Evil (Biohazard)

Image is here

biohazardwatchcrop.jpg

Metal Gear Foxhound logo

Left image is here. ------------------------------Right image is here

metalgearwatch.jpg
metalgeardarkerwatchcro.jpg

Assassin's Creed Symbol (credit to patcrazystar64)

I used "No Clock Text" for Overlay.

Image is here.

assasinscreedwatchcrop.jpg

Fallout

IMPORTANT: Put "Horizontal offset" to (-10%). That's MINUS 10%. If you don't do that it will be off-center.

I used "White/Black 12 dots" for Overlay.

Image is here

falloutwatchcrop.jpg

Minecraft

Image is here

minecraftwatch.jpg

Chrono Trigger

Left image is here ---------------------------------------------Right image is here

chronowatchcrop.jpg
chronowatch2crop.jpg

Darth Vader classic (image is from photo of actual watch, credit to patcrazystar64)

I used "No Clock Text" for Overlay.

Image is here

vaderwatchcrop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']A few things to note.

On the special offers page the keychain watches are $5.

You can basically get an item free if you're planning on ordering again.
go here http://www.artscow.com/unique-code

Make another account and use that code from the first account. Then order a 99 cent item from here.
https://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/99cents-gifts
I got a mousepad. Then the first account gets credited $1.

So then you get $1 back. It only works once unless you have a bunch of unique IPs, not sure if proxies would work and frankly I dont want that many mouepads and keychains to try.

CLOCKWATCHES still works for $6 watches. Do not do the free new member thing posted in the OP.

Anyways I ordered two of these, one for me and one for the gf since I knew she would be jealous.
35hijd0.jpg
20to2o9.jpg
a49y4y.jpg
I also got 10 1" pins for $6.40 (two of the zissou ones)
The Zissou watch though I used a pretty low res image as I couldn't find anything better as a source. I changed the colors and added the inner 12 hours clock face. I took a 300x300 image and increased it to 800x800 by just scaling it in photoshop.

If you need to edit a photo, pixlr.com is a great free way to edit photos in a browser.

I guess I figured out how all the etsy and ebay resellers get there pins and other crap so cheap to resel for a 200-300% profit.

So far 4 watches, 10 pins and two mousepads for around $30. I hope it was worth it and it doesn't come out like crap. From people posting about the goldeneye watch it they should be fine, just take a while to get here. My first two orders shipped already (2 days after order).[/QUOTE]

Can you post the source you ended up using for that Life Aquatic watch?

No one's made any Brony/MLP:FiM ones huh?

I think i'll go off submit this topic over to Equestria Daily and hopefully they can see if a crapton of people would like to design some.

[quote name='Chunk23']Can you post the source you ended up using for that Life Aquatic watch?[/QUOTE]

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zel7pw.jpg

It was the best quality one I found online. I just made the inner letters white and the main background white. Then added the 12 hr clock face. I also added some extra blue on the outer edge so it would fill the clock face fully without covering the inner white ring.

It doesn't fit quite right so you need to use the advanced editor to get it to fit right.

All of my orders have shipped. Buttons took the longest, about 3-4 days. But the watches only took 2-3 days to ship.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']TY nice size to. YO JOE![/QUOTE]

@ FNL 4EVA Awesome avatar.

...and my 2 separate watch orders shipped yesterday, turn around just a few days, will post with a quality report when received.

So I have a question - has anyone received their order yet? I'm just wondering about the quality of the print. Blacks are black, image properly centered, etc and so forth...

Also, just throwing this out there, for anyone who wants images cropped/resized give pixlr a whirl. It's free and web-based.

[quote name='Reiaze']So I have a question - has anyone received their order yet? I'm just wondering about the quality of the print. Blacks are black, image properly centered, etc and so forth...

Also, just throwing this out there, for anyone who wants images cropped/resized give pixlr a whirl. It's free and web-based.[/QUOTE]

I'll have mine in a few days, I made 3 total, 1 using the silverlight editer. I plan on posting pics alongside the preview images from the site. Call me crazy, but one of the $6 watches was a wedding present, and I'm thinking of getting it engraved on the back (this is totally dependent on the quality of the watch itself) So besides the fact I'm willing to spend money on a cheap watch getting it engraved, what should I be looking at if I'm getting just a date engraved price wise? I'm not just a CheapAssGamer, I'm a CheapAss in general. Anyone used an online service also?

Here's my design. I'm still a little "eh" about the gear around it, so the final may or may not include it.

ac-thefall-02.jpg

[Source]

And for those that love the logo (but hate my background), here's a transparent PNG.

[quote name='Reiaze']Here's my design. I'm still a little "eh" about the gear around it, so the final may or may not include it.

ac-thefall-02.jpg

[Source]

And for those that love the logo (but hate my background), here's a transparent PNG.[/QUOTE]

Go to the advanced silverlight editor and expand the image a bit to cut off the gear edge, and then you can make that call.

Well, they do still have to make the watches, and I'd imagine they're seeing quite a bit more business than usual. I ordered two on Friday, got an email Wednesday saying they shipped, so give it time.

Just stumbled onto this. I haven't ordered one yet, but for those who have, you'll have to be very patient. As you can see, many CAGs have gotten in on this (you among them) and are probably showing this site more traffic than it was ready to handle, so understand why it's taking them a while and bide your time. no pun intended.

Looking forward to taking advantage of this awesomeness though

I found my original vintage 007 hologram watch. I purchased it years ago when I was a kid. After seeing this thread, I knew I had it somewhere and finally found it today.

Does anyone know how much the original vintage 007 hologram watch it worth?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Other than trying the silverlight editor on the site, you can open the image in paint and cut off sides of the image until it centers.[/QUOTE]

I got it last night, thanks.

Got my watch today. Was surprised to see that it actually came from Hong Kong!
Quality is little cheap but ok for the price. The image inside looks alright from a distance, but you can see the pixels easily if you look closely
I used the first pic from OP.
Overall a 7/10 from me

I got mine today using the Goldeneye pic. For the price, it's really decent quality. I'm thinking of ordering an Assassin's Creed watch as well. Shipping takes a while since it's coming from overseas. I would feel comfortable recommending this to my fellow CAGs!

So this POS comes all the way from China? They really must be shipping by the donkey, ordered mine last wk still not a single notification of shipping status....

[quote name='CaoPi']So this POS comes all the way from China? They really must be shipping by the donkey, ordered mine last wk still not a single notification of shipping status....[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't care if they have a small increase in watch orders because of CAG. Its been a week since I placed my order and haven't heard anything. Never ordering another thing from Artscow again.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Same here. I don't care if they have a small increase in watch orders because of CAG. Its been a week since I placed my order and haven't heard anything. Never ordering another thing from Artscow again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']You people must really be unlucky. I got shipping confirmation emails on all 7 of mine.[/QUOTE]

I would make the simple suggestion of checking your spam folders. :)

this is embarrassing for me to ask but can anyone make me a good dallas mavericks and Dallas Cowboys watch? I'm not really as talented as some of you are at this.

My Umbrella Corp watch shipped Monday and the Star Trek one i made for my dad shipped Friday. no idea when i'll actually get them.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']this is embarrassing for me to ask but can anyone make me a good Dallas mavericks and Dallas Cowboys watch? I'm not really as talented as some of you are at this.[/QUOTE]

Create your account (necessary because any watches that are built are saved to your account. I've posted 2 previews below. They look fine without any adjustment right after you upload them to the site (above the options to the right, these are with the sport watches. Just change the options (like all numbers on the clock face, black or white text. Play with it a little, but here's what the following images look like "out of the box":
dallas_cowboys_watch_preview.jpg
dallas_maverick_preview.jpg

Image locations:
Dallas Cowboy's Star Logo
Dallas Maverick's Logo

Sorry for the delay, if you want pics of the watches I received check the spoiler. Print quality is decent; not the best but it's definitely worth the amount it costs. I'm just going to replace the strap on the Assassin's Creed watch because it comes in a cheap plastic band.

imag0170yh.jpg

I just put in an order for the sport watch and money clip watch. $12.98 shipped. We'll see how they turn out. I will update after I get them.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Got my 007 watch today...the face is AWESOME but the band is beyond tiny. :( Anyone know of a store chain that would replace it for me on the cheap?[/QUOTE]

You could try the jewelry counter at the local wal-mart. call 'em ahead of time to price it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']You could try the jewelry counter at the local wal-mart. call 'em ahead of time to price it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll try them. Apparently Target doesn't service watches anymore.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Alright, I'll try them. Apparently Target doesn't service watches anymore.[/QUOTE]

Walmart does basic watch repair, I had them replace a watch battery one time, I would think watch band replacement would be a basic repair. I've done it myself with watch bands very similiar to the ones on this watch, it's just 2 puch rods on either side, but there's the matter on the first connecting link being the proper width to start with. They should have just the bands to try out on the watch. Give it a go. Mom and Pop jewelry stores are likely to not have the ready made selection and be more expensive.

Got my Goldeneye and Fox Hound watches today. Print job's good enough. The watch crystals will probably scratch very easily. At most you should probably expect to wear it occasionally (perhaps when you're around people that would appreciate the subject matter). But you know, 2 metal watches for 12 bucks, I'm not going to complain too much.

Got my first 2 watches today. Meh, printing looks kind of shitty, like an inkjet printer thats a little low on ink. But the image is there and unless you're pretty close you cant really tell the printing is bad. And like others have said the band is flimsy as hell.

I guess we cant complain for $6 right?

bread's done
Back