Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']EDIT: Another question - I'm trying to get to the print label button to work, but nothing seems to be happening. Is there any reason to use this or can I just put my user name in the envelope and write the address by hand?[/QUOTE]

Labels are a pop-up into another window ... wonder if that is causing you difficulty?

i did a search for a game i have, Marvel Ultimate Alliance [psp], so i can add it to my library but nothing shows up.

[quote name='txa1265']Labels are a pop-up into another window ... wonder if that is causing you difficulty?[/QUOTE]

What is supposed to go in the envelope? Just your user name?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']What is supposed to go in the envelope? Just your user name?[/QUOTE]

No - it is about 2/3 of a page thing, with the Goozex logo in the upper left, the icon and description of the game and # of points across the bottom, and this in the upper right:

" You've got a game from Goozex!

Dear X,

I am pleased to send you the game you have requested on Goozex. I hope you will enjoy it!

Please remember to provide feedback promptly, and any comment or message you may wish to share about this transaction.

Happy gaming!

txa1265"

I have shipped about 6 games out of various worth and i have recieved one so far (user shipped DHL priority!) with two more on the way. I always ship first class since the faster it gets there, the faster they can give you feedback and have more people requesting your games to earn you more points. One thing I wish they had (they apparently had it before) is a way to tell which number you are in the queue for each game. This feature would greatly help me determine which requests i want to hold as active at any particular time depending on the amount of points i have. Overall I have had great success with goozex so far and I wish I could take part in the promo!

[quote name='blahness']One thing I wish they had (they apparently had it before) is a way to tell which number you are in the queue for each game. [/QUOTE]
That is the one feature they had earlier that dropped when they went international that I miss the most. It allowed me to play with my own queue to an extent, if I knew I was 15th in queue for one game and 1st for another that I wanted less and didn't have enough points for both ... hopefully soon ...

A lot of questions...good!

kube00 -- don't worry...at the end of the month I'll go through all the signups that used the CAG coupon, but didn't select a platform and send an email asking for your choice.

lord_ebonstone -- PKRipp3r did a nice job of answering your question

Mr Unoriginal -- txa1265 has the assist here...let me help out some more.
You place the games you want in the request list. Goozex is constantly running in the background finding matches. When it finds a match it will take out the points and credits needed to reserve the trade. An email is sent to the seller to agree to trade the game. The seller will have about 3 days to respond otherwise the game is taken out of their library. While you are matched you cannot pull out of it, unless you catch it between cycles (this is something we are going to work on and improve as requested by other CAGers). When the seller agrees you will get an email saying that you will receive a game. Points have been moved from your account to the sellers and a trade credit is sent to us.

Also, you don't need to print out the label. A lot of members do and tape it to the bubble mailer. I simply just hand write the address down and ship.

HuBu -- I'm not sure what the issue is...double check your library and see if the game is there...if not try adding it again.

The queue issue: Originally we had a number as to where you stood in the queue. When we expanded into Canada it caused a huge technical issue that didn't have a good solution. So we took out the queue standing and are thinking of alternative ways to illustrate your position in the queue. The main issue is that you can move at various speeds through any given queue. One example is a long queue that you move fast through because everyone in the front doesn't have enough points/credits. Another example is short queue moving slow b/c the supply is low. It will be hard to standardize this and we want to come up with a solution that doesn't fluctuate a lot and gives a reasonable exepectation.

Hope this helps and let me know if I missed any questions.

I have a question for the goozex rep.

If you put a request on hold, do you lose your place in line or do you go back to your original place once you activate it again?

[quote name='blahness']I have a question for the goozex rep.

If you put a request on hold, do you lose your place in line or do you go back to your original place once you activate it again?[/quote]

You go back to the same place once you activate it again. While you are on hold...Goozex will simply skip over you to the next buyer/seller.

Just signed up. Thanks Cheapy, txa1265, and Goozex.

Now let's see how quickly I can empty and refill my shelves.

[quote name='Goozex']Mr Unoriginal -- txa1265 has the assist here...let me help out some more.
You place the games you want in the request list. Goozex is constantly running in the background finding matches. When it finds a match it will take out the points and credits needed to reserve the trade. An email is sent to the seller to agree to trade the game. The seller will have about 3 days to respond otherwise the game is taken out of their library. While you are matched you cannot pull out of it, unless you catch it between cycles (this is something we are going to work on and improve as requested by other CAGers). When the seller agrees you will get an email saying that you will receive a game. Points have been moved from your account to the sellers and a trade credit is sent to us.

Hope this helps and let me know if I missed any questions.[/QUOTE]

So in other words, it's smarter to only put games on your request list that you wouldn't mind spending the points on RIGHT NOW?

[quote name='Goozex']You go back to the same place once you activate it again. While you are on hold...Goozex will simply skip over you to the next buyer/seller.[/QUOTE]

And just to mention - things like 'hold' and vacation mode are really nice touches. I knew I'd be away a lot over the Christmas holidays so I just set it up that way and it was all good!

well sound likes something good to try out I do have a few games trying to get rid of that hadn't gotten any offers on so thanks a ton for this Cheapy and Goozex ^_^

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']So in other words, it's smarter to only put games on your request list that you wouldn't mind spending the points on RIGHT NOW?[/quote]

Depends on what you want to do. I'm sure there are some CAGers here who like to fill up their request list and then play around with the hold function. Others just want specific games and don't mind how and when they get matched up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']So in other words, it's smarter to only put games on your request list that you wouldn't mind spending the points on RIGHT NOW?[/QUOTE]

That is the way I do things.

Otherwise you might get a 'surprise' ( I thought I *might* want Mario Hoops so I added it ... and almost instantly someone else had offered it ... so now my kids have it!)

[quote name='Goozex']Depends on what you want to do. I'm sure there are some CAGers here who like to fill up their request list and then play around with the hold function. Others just want specific games and don't mind how and when they get matched up.[/quote]

Indeed, I put many games on my request list and then put a hold on the ones I feel I can wait for or to save points for the more expensive titles on my list.

To be honest, I was a little weary when I signed up since I hadn't dealt with anything like this before. After trying it out though, I feel like it's an easy way to get what you want and get rid of old games laying around. In fact, I think I even sent you a game Goozex, are you Goozex83 on the site?

So, was it just me, or is GRAW for the Xbox 360 not listed? What's the story with that, anyway--is the intent to list everything, or are certain titles excluded purposefully?

[quote name='encendido5']In fact, I think I even sent you a game Goozex, are you Goozex83 on the site?[/quote]

That's Jon, one of the founders. Keep in mind the Goozex team also loves to play games...We are active traders.

[quote name='geoelectric']So, was it just me, or is GRAW for the Xbox 360 not listed? What's the story with that, anyway--is the intent to list everything, or are certain titles excluded purposefully?[/quote]
GRAW is definetly available on Goozex. Make sure you search Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter...

MMOs are not listed for legal reasons.

[quote name='Goozex']GRAW is definetly available on Goozex. Make sure you search Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter...

MMOs are not listed for legal reasons.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I swear it was only showing the Gamecube version before. Maybe I missed a page or something.

Anyway, thanks!

Signed up for it as well. What about accessories? Since I review accessories, I would like to get rid of them. Also maybe we can also set up an affiliation?

Trading other products like accessories, dvds, cds and books are not in our plan right now. We want to nail down video games and be the best there is for that before moving on.

[quote name='Goozex']The queue issue: Originally we had a number as to where you stood in the queue. When we expanded into Canada it caused a huge technical issue that didn't have a good solution. So we took out the queue standing and are thinking of alternative ways to illustrate your position in the queue. The main issue is that you can move at various speeds through any given queue. One example is a long queue that you move fast through because everyone in the front doesn't have enough points/credits. Another example is short queue moving slow b/c the supply is low. It will be hard to standardize this and we want to come up with a solution that doesn't fluctuate a lot and gives a reasonable exepectation.[/quote]

I have an idea, dont know if it will or can be implimented or not, but here goes!:) Seeing as you can set which country you only want to receive or send games to, couldnt you have a queue for each country? So for example, I personally only accept trades and will send out trades to others in the US, so you could have a queue for just US trades, a queue for just Bermuda (i think thats one of the places, might be wrong), and a queue for just Canada. Good idea? Bad idea?

Anyone have an invitation code they'd like me to use? I'll probably sign up sometime tomorrow. I've been thinking about signing up since Goozex first appeared on this site, and now seems as good a time as any to join.

Out of curiosity, are the Xbox 360 and PS3 the core/20GB, the Prem/60GB, or a combination of the above? Moreover, where are these consoles coming from? It seems like a lot to give away (I don't mean to question the generosity of the donors, I'm just curious).

signed up :) added a couple games. I can't believe Suikoden II is available. Is it immediately pending shipment or something?

[quote name='elosefast']I have an idea, dont know if it will or can be implimented or not, but here goes!:) Seeing as you can set which country you only want to receive or send games to, couldnt you have a queue for each country? So for example, I personally only accept trades and will send out trades to others in the US, so you could have a queue for just US trades, a queue for just Bermuda (i think thats one of the places, might be wrong), and a queue for just Canada. Good idea? Bad idea?[/quote]

Having separate queues is part of the problem when you incorporate users who trade with all three countries.

Out of curiosity, are the Xbox 360 and PS3 the core/20GB, the Prem/60GB, or a combination of the above? Moreover, where are these consoles coming from? It seems like a lot to give away (I don't mean to question the generosity of the donors, I'm just curious). [

These are game bundles and do NOT include the actual console. Sorry for any confusion. Winners will only receive the games listed in the specific bundle. So for example, the winner of the xbox 360 bundle will receive Ridge Racer 6, F.E.A.R., & Dead Rising.

[quote name='Goozex']
These are game bundles and do NOT include the actual console. Sorry for any confusion. Winners will only receive the games listed in the specific bundle. So for example, the winner of the xbox 360 bundle will receive Ridge Racer 6, F.E.A.R., & Dead Rising.[/quote]

Ah, makes much more sense now :).

[quote name='Goozex']Having separate queues is part of the problem when you incorporate users who trade with all three countries.[/quote]

Then only make the queue system for those who pick a specific country...no nvm that'd be like rewarding you for restricting your preferences when the idea is to get more people to trade.:cry:

Nice to see more users signing up! My request queue has been stagnant for months since no one has the games I want :(

If anyone would like to sign up under me (Cream), I'd definitley appreciate it!!!

Just signed up. Thanks everybody for your input.

Any chance of adding classics like NES, SNES, Genesis and others?

Once I have my library and request list filled out, it shows that I have 1 pending trade (my first), but I have no idea how to complete it. Will that come to me in an email? How long do I have to wait until I will see that email? Does it come from Goozex? Is there any way to complete the trade (get shipping info, etc.) from the website directly?

Thanks
Paul

[quote name='kdunn77']Just signed up. Thanks everybody for your input.

Any chance of adding classics like NES, SNES, Genesis and others?[/QUOTE]

There is talk of a "separate" site at some point with linked points to solve that classic gaming conundrum. I'm personally waiting for them to hammer down Goozex 100% and move into Goozbook. Complete speculation of course, but the Goozex point system is by far the best out of all the trading sites of seen and I love to read. I currently use bookmooch but I don't care all that much for their 1-1 system.

I've been using Goozex for a few months now and have been very impressed with the site's usability and solid customer service. I tried out both SaySwap and SwitchDiscs and found Goozex to be a much better service (SaySwap charges way too much and SwitchDiscs doesn't have any lameness filter for their users).

I have signed up 2 days ago and i have sold 2 games *YAY MARIO PARTY ADVANCE IS GOOOOONE* and brought one BUT!

Im a little freaky about buying trade points with my bank of america credit card....

Goozex rep...are u guys going to use paypal anytime soon..? because i prefer using that... if not i guess i have to chill and use my credit card:cry:

Just 2 Queries. Can I amend my trade list if, say, I were to find the instruction manual for a game? Also, how often are the trade values recalculated?

[quote name='MisterPee']Just 2 Queries. Can I amend my trade list if, say, I were to find the instruction manual for a game? Also, how often are the trade values recalculated?[/QUOTE]

Amending thr trade list is simple as the click of a button! The other I don't know, but they seem to keep on top of it.

[quote name='magiic']can you cash the points out to money?[/quote]
so far, no. I think this defeats the purpose of a peer-to-peer trading system though. Goozex probably gets most of their money through trade credits, not points.

[quote name='mahzilla']so far, no. I think this defeats the purpose of a peer-to-peer trading system though. Goozex probably gets most of their money through trade credits, not points.[/quote]

lame, guess I'll take a pass on it then

How well does Goozex work out for Canadians. I decided I have a few games I could throw into the pot. Any special stuff for Canadians to know about using the site?

I signed up and I'll give it a try, I've never been the biggest fan of paying to trade items but $1 isn't a huge amount and perhaps points will be easier to work with direct trades.

The one thing I've noticed so far is that the search option is a bit difficult to use, it would be nice to have a search all games under all type catagories of wanted and available at once.

Hi , i just signed up for goozex looks pretty nice.
i was looking for Dark messiah of might and magic but couldnt find it.
is it untradeable due to some software key or something?
Id really like to give it a try.
thanks

[quote name='magiic']can you cash the points out to money?[/QUOTE]

99.99999% sure this will never happen on the site cause many people will be making money off of the site.

there is a way to sort of cash your points out. Pick up games that fetch a good amount of money on ebay. if you got too many pts

i know i picked up a few games that i dumped on ebay as soon after i got them just cause i got too many pts. (and the games came sealed)

I'm just about to sign up but first I decided if anyone wants to "refer" me, just send me a PM with an invitation code

EDIT: Got a code, thanks a lot

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the questions and comments...let me try to answer the ones I missed before the Super Bowl starts

pedii -- if you have been matched there should be a button that says "Accept Trade?" that will take you to the trade page where you have different trading options.

makwillownu -- yes we are quickly working on getting Paypal integrated into our system -- also you shouldn't be freaked out with your Bank of America credit card b/c our transactions go through Cybersource which is owned by Bank of America. Also, we do not store anytype of credit card information -- none what-so-ever

MisterPee -- txa1265 is right, you can amend your library/request pages at any time when you are not matched.

magiic -- no, you cannot cash out your points
The site should work out well for Canadians. We've seen cross border trading picking up and we haven't seen any problems. The important thing to remember for international trading is to go to your local post office and fill out the customs slip (In Canada its called Small Packet/Petit Paquet CN22).

zionoverfire -- try out our advanced search -- that should help you out...

gusboto -- not sure why Dark Messiah isn't up there, will need to check with Muze database -- to my knowledge that isn't an MMO which are not allowed. However, there are a bunch of Might and Magic games available now.

quadomatic -- I wouldn't say we are better than GameTZ, but we are different in that you don't negotiate on price, the goozex system works to match you and connect you with the people that want to trade with you. Basically a lot of the work is done by the goozex system. GameTZ is actually a supporter of Goozex and and we're working with Bill there on some new ideas.

Hope I got them all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back