Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='quadomatic']Can someone explain to me how this is any better than TradeGamesNow and GameTZ?[/QUOTE]

the way i see it, goozex allows you to trade games for points (which can be used whenever you want), whereas on gametz you trade directly with another person. on gametz, you have to work out who ur trading with and when, whereas goozex you don't.

anyhoo, i think the simplest analogy is a pizza place like chucky cheeze's or peter pipers or any arcade where you use "tickets" or in this case, "points" to get games you want. lol. i dunno how to xplain it, but thats how i see it. plus, you get customer support right here on cag!

i sure hope more people sign up so i can get some games....

One thing I noticed while browsing the site was that some games (technically two) were listed with a note saying that a peripheral was included with the game (PS2 Lightgun, GBA cable). In the case of one of them, it was required, but for the other, it was an optional accessory. I took a quick look at a couple of other games that had the same required/optional characteristics, and they did not have any notes next to the name. Is there any specific reason for this?

Also during my random searches, I saw that the game Ephemeral Fantasia has a picture of the game Silpheed instead. Just thought I'd mention it.

Can someone explain to me how this is any better than TradeGamesNow and GameTZ?

Actually, the best analogy is moving from a barter system to using currency. Instead of having to find someone that wants what you want while you want what they have, you can just get credits (or money in the analogy) to use on something else. Instead of having to find someone that had something I wanted that also wanted Mario Hoops, I could just get rid of that god awful game and now I'm free to use my points on whatever I want.

That's why I signed up at least. (ThatDamnDave if anyone needs a referrer)

I don't understand how one is prevented from saying that they never got the game if they did. Is their a feedback thing, or do you just take the word of one side and not the other?

Just a suggestion to make this better would be to act like a middle man to make it totally secure (I'm not sure if this is done, I don't really understand). People say they want a game, the person who has the game sends it to goozex, and goozex transfers the points and sends the game. This would really be a scamproof way of doing it.

Signed up for this and just had my first "gimme what you have" trade offer. Mailing it out in the next 3 days. Hopefully this will work in helping me get rid of stuff I don't want and getting me some stuff I do want.

Thanks OP

*edit #2*
I saw that MMOs aren't allowed, but I see Auto Assault on there. I have the collector's edition new in box, except for the headset. It was given to me and I only opened it to pull the headset out (free headset), and closed it back up. I put down that I have it disc and instructions. If I send it like it is, since it's labeled "disc and instructions", will I get penalized for it not having the headset?

[quote name='ryoga79']*edit #2*
I saw that MMOs aren't allowed, but I see Auto Assault on there. I have the collector's edition new in box, except for the headset. It was given to me and I only opened it to pull the headset out (free headset), and closed it back up. I put down that I have it disc and instructions. If I send it like it is, since it's labeled "disc and instructions", will I get penalized for it not having the headset?[/quote]

Auto Assault shouldnt be on there seeing as its a MMO. Goozex should remove that listing.

[quote name='unicron129']is there a way to delete your account?[/quote]
Why, pray tell, would you want to go and do an incredibly odd thing like that? Goozex is the last game trading site you'll ever need. Even if you dont need a game trading site, Goozex is still the best option.

[quote name='Titan124']I don't understand how one is prevented from saying that they never got the game if they did. Is their a feedback thing, or do you just take the word of one side and not the other?9[/quote]

Yes, when you have a game sent to you and you recieve it (or don't) there's a feedback system in place. There are a couple options in the positive side, a few neutral, and a few negative. If say, you have a game sent but never recieve it, theres an option to say "negative-never recieved game".

[quote name='Titan124'] Just a suggestion to make this better would be to act like a middle man to make it totally secure (I'm not sure if this is done, I don't really understand). People say they want a game, the person who has the game sends it to goozex, and goozex transfers the points and sends the game. This would really be a scamproof way of doing it.[/quote]

This could be done, but it probably isnt for cost reasons. It would be far more expensive to both trader and reciever if you had to send stuff to goozex and they send it out. Also, goozex is a trading site based on the honor system...99% of the people you'll be trading with are fine upstanding members of the site's community.

[quote name='elosefast']Auto Assault shouldnt be on there seeing as its a MMO. Goozex should remove that listing.[/QUOTE]

Damn, there goes a potential 400 points. lol.

I think 1000 points is the max, I say DO IT~

That is, if someone wants it from you and you are willing to part with it to get a used ~$50 value game.

Most Wii/360 games are 700-800. Few are 900.

Ugh, surfing throught Goozex sucks too many unreleased titles. They need to fix it.

Holy Hell! I might end up putting my FF7 up, since it's been one of those games I have but never really liked. Glad they accept disc only. Might be worth putting up, since i haven't played it in years.

[quote name='martin8me']Joined under AZN_Baller

Pm me for an invite!!!!!!

EDIT: So if i send my FFVII i get 1000 points?

is that a good deal?[/quote]
Well it's worth about $50 on ebay and 1050 goozex points will cost you $50 so if you see some games on goozex you want you might go for it. The advantage with goozex being that items are traded by point value regardless of condition, so a disk only copy is worth just as many points as a complete one (provided someone requests it as such).

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I am not understanding this Goozex very well... How do you get a trade done?

Do we trade/give our games to users then get Goozex points?[/quote]
From what I understand goozex works by everyone having a request list, when you have sufficient points for an item goozex puts you on a priority list for that item. When you reach the top of the list it matches you with an available copy of the item, the user that owns said item is then requested to send it, they can accept and you get the item or if they decline goozex matches you with the next available copy. So when you start out wait a couple of days for some requests for your items to come in.

Some good questions since yesterday...

Titan124 -- We have security measures in place to help us catch scammers. The most obvious is that new users can't send out more than 2 games when they sign up -- as they get positive feedback they are allowed to send more -- we also have internal alarms and we monitor all feedback. That said, a scammer can always try to join and that is why we offer 100% guarantee on all trades. And yes, we do take your word when you agree to send a game and when you report negative feedback. You won't find someone the site who has a high negative feedback score. Also I echo elosefast comments that 99.9% of our members are solid traders and value trading on Goozex.

magiic -- thanks for the suggestion -- case + game would make our matrix match system a 16 combination vs. 9 now -- Disc + Case = Disc only

unicorn129 -- yes you can of course delete your account -- go to my account and follow the menu

ryoga79 -- we get our game content from Muze and sometimes a game slips by that shouldn't be on Goozex -- will need to remove Auto Assault.

AzN_BaLLeR -- Goozex simply connects you with gamers across N. America. If you agree to send a game to another member you will get whatever that game's points are. You now have points that you can spend to get other any game that you can afford. So for example: You trade Halo 2 for 400 points. You immediately get 400 points to spend and you get matched for Pirates!, also 400 points. You spend 400 points and 1 trade credit and another trader will send you Pirates!.

Also, try searching under our advanced search function.

To everyone -- each of you has a unique referral code link that you can post anywhere on the net. If someone uses that link you will be credited for that signup. You can find this link on the Refer A Friend page when you signup.

Hope that helps!

Goozex- no problem. Was just hoping to finally get this to someone and score something for it, since I have no interest in the game and have never used it. Ah well, no big.

Has Goozex considered making any games less than 100 points? Now that the Burger King games are selling for $0.99 each at the stores, they seem like prime candidates for 50 point games.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Has Goozex considered making any games less than 100 points? Now that the Burger King games are selling for $0.99 each at the stores, they seem like prime candidates for 50 point games.[/QUOTE]

I can't give mine away :lol:

RC

FrankTheFrowner -- probably won't go below 100 points for a few burger king games -- but I didn't know they're selling for $1 now...are they any good?

Mr Unoriginal -- points are determined with an algorithm we have that uses MSRP, release date, supply and demand, and user ratings...It is updated once a week -- and you shouldn't see huge price fluctuations...

[quote name='Goozex']FrankTheFrowner -- probably won't go below 100 points for a few burger king games -- but I didn't know they're selling for $1 now...are they any good?[/quote]

I've only played Big Bumpin' so far. Not fantastic but for a dollar, it's good enough. I went to my local BK to pick up the other two games, but they were sold out of them -- not sure if I'd use 200 points to complete the set though. Apparently they were made by the same team that designed the original Fuzion Frenzy.

[quote name='Goozex']Titan124 -- We have security measures in place to help us catch scammers. The most obvious is that new users can't send out more than 2 games when they sign up -- as they get positive feedback they are allowed to send more -- we also have internal alarms and we monitor all feedback.[/QUOTE]

I am curious about your limit on new users. I see a user (from whom I am expecting a PS3 game) that signed up on 1/13/07 and has sent out 3 games and received 5 and he has 1 negative feedback and no positive feedback. How was he able to send out 3 games without first getting a positive feedback?

cheapfrag -- Yeah I'm not sure why that happened. Will check with our tech guy on that. However, that seller will get booted if either you or the other buyer report negative feedback.

unicron129 -- It looks like we removed that button from the account page, and I didn't know that. Sorry for the confusion. To close out your account simply email info @ goozex.com and we'll close it out quickly.

jmiller80 -- you did read about us in the washington post and the article is linked on the front page!

I personally have my entire signature as a link itself that links to my referral link. So, if anyone wants to, just click my signature.

[quote name='Hardini007']I see there are Xbox Live Arcade games like Uno on the 'available now' list. How are these games traded?[/quote]

Speaking as someone who has Robotron listed, the XBLA games that are being traded are the ones that came in various starter kits (XBL starter kit, the Vision kit, etc) as redeemable cards (like a points card). There would be no other way to trade XBLA games, since you can't transfer titles that you buy online.

Goozex,

I pmed you and elso emailed 2 of the emails provided on the contact us link with no reply for 3 days now. Hoepfully you will see here since you are answering everyone's questions.....

I misclicked on a game and put it as a request when i meant to add it to my library. Later that day i got an email saying that someone was shipping it to me. I immediately emailed the contacts on the website and also pmed you here. I contacted the person taht was sending the game and let him know how i messed up and he said he wouldnt send it.

Could you please help me out here?

Thanks
Chris

BTW my account is tubsy3 on goozex.

Sad i get

Digimon monsters for the DS today (shipped JAN 29) open it up and

NO GAME

i then check my emails and the dude said he forgot to put the game in the box and will send it out sometime this week.

so i guess i got to wait another week or two now. HOpefully the game wont get broke cause they are just sending it CART ONLY with no protection.

[quote name='slidecage']Sad i get

Digimon monsters for the DS today (shipped JAN 29) open it up and

NO GAME

i then check my emails and the dude said he forgot to put the game in the box and will send it out sometime this week.

so i guess i got to wait another week or two now. HOpefully the game wont get broke cause they are just sending it CART ONLY with no protection.[/QUOTE]

So depending on how quickly he gets it to you and how well he packages it up you will either give him decent feedback or not. That is the system - people make mistakes like anything else.

[quote name='txa1265']So depending on how quickly he gets it to you and how well he packages it up you will either give him decent feedback or not. That is the system - people make mistakes like anything else.[/QUOTE]

time really doesnt matter since i got tons of other games im playing (sega collection on the psp and Yu gi oh tag force on the psp)

Im just saying hopefully the game comes in working shape.

If the game comes and it works perfect then post. feed back left i know mistakes happen so the time thing wont effect the feedback score.

i just hope the game comes safe... Last 2 games someone sold me on ebay DS cart only came busted

starting to pick up a lot of great games
in the last week or 10 days got matched on (Hopefully they all come )

Atelier Iris ~Eternal Mana~
points traded: 400

Digimon World DS
points traded: 500

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime DS
points traded: 500

Koudelka PS1
points traded: 100

(The) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ the Four Swords GBA

Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Robots DS

Vandal Hearts PS1
points traded: 150

Wild ARMs PS1
points traded 100

If all of these games come it will knock me down to around 9500 pts left to buy more games with

hopefully they all come

I have a bunch of games I know people are requesting. Does me being in Canada reduce my chance of being matched? None of mine are getting matched :(

[quote name='slidecage']
If all of these games come it will knock me down to around 9500 pts left to buy more games with

hopefully they all come[/QUOTE]

If you need suggestions, by all means, I could help you unload those points on my stuff. I know I'm first on the list for at least some of the games I have listed:

Midnight Club II (XB - PH)
Timesplitters: FP (XB)
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Phantom Dust
Indigo Prophecy (PS2)
Polarium
Gun
Egg Mania (XB)
Metroid Prime: Pinball

And just for fun...
MVP Baseball 2005 (XB) - 600 points! (Goozex guy, if you can adjust this one, please do so, I don't think I'll be finding any takers at this value)

tubsy3 -- sorry if I didn't get back to you quickly, let me send you a pm right now

magiic -- We expanded into Canada a few months after we launched the site and so it will take a little time for Canada to catch up to a balanced level of available trades -- that said, I've seen a lot of Canadian trades go through in the last month...

chargeup45 -- honestly, if it's not 07/06 I highly doubt the game would get traded at any point...I think that is just a reality with sports games that are marketed so well by EA...

[quote name='Goozex']tubsy3 -- sorry if I didn't get back to you quickly, let me send you a pm right now

magiic -- We expanded into Canada a few months after we launched the site and so it will take a little time for Canada to catch up to a balanced level of available trades -- that said, I've seen a lot of Canadian trades go through in the last month...

chargeup45 -- honestly, if it's not 07/06 I highly doubt the game would get traded at any point...I think that is just a reality with sports games that are marketed so well by EA...[/quote]

It's a shame more people from the states dont tick the box for Canada. I much rather sending stuff to the states as it is so much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back