Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']There is one thing I'm getting concerned about. I have all my Requested games listed as only wanting complete with manual and case. Twice last week (my second week of the service) I got emails from users asking if it was ok if they sent me a disc only game. I would be pretty pissed if someone sent me one anyway. I don't feel like negative feedback would be enough since I would still be stuck with a game I didn't want.

Anyone have anything like this happen to them yet?[/quote]

nope, but those kind of people really should RTFM. The matrix stuff is really simple to follow and they're just taking up queue space by being in the wrong place.

It's a pretty cool site, with a great idea. But it's really just a big waste of time if you live outside of the states.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']There is one thing I'm getting concerned about. I have all my Requested games listed as only wanting complete with manual and case. Twice last week (my second week of the service) I got emails from users asking if it was ok if they sent me a disc only game. I would be pretty pissed if someone sent me one anyway. I don't feel like negative feedback would be enough since I would still be stuck with a game I didn't want.

Anyone have anything like this happen to them yet?[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I haven't gotten e-mails from anyone until there was a match, and I only request complete games too. Is there really a way to figure out who has a game on their want list?

[quote name='swetooth9']wow, point values for games fluctuate really frequently[/quote]

Yeah, I've had to put some of my games on hold as the price became unreasonable. It's frustrating having to periodically monitor my request list, so I don't accidentally pay more than I originally offered for a game. (Wish I could set max prices in the request queue, and min prices in the selling queue).

It'd be cute to see a CAG-o-matic-like tracker for Goozex game point values.

Hi everyone -- let me get those questions from the weekend...

kdabney69 -- demo discs should be considered disc only unless something really cool comes with them

mahzilla -- excellent idea about reply by email...thanks!

swetooth9 -- what games are you watching that are fluctuating?

Plat -- CAG-o-matic point tracker is a cool idea...I like it a lot! :)

Anyone have anything like this happen to them yet?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I've been matched to someone for a complete copy of Galatic Civilization 2: Dread Lords for the PC. I requested a complete copy. The person I was matched with sent me a PM to say he couldn't find the manual. Unfortunately, there's no self service way to back out of a trade once the seller confirms. It was nice that the seller told me before shipping but I wanted a complete copy. The seller didn't send the game and Goozex was able to give me my points and credit back.

Not sure if this has been covered, so forgive me if it has. I just listed a game for trade as being complete. There is a request for a disc only version of said game. If I were the only person with this game available, would it match the 2 of us up, or would that person have to upgrade to full version (or I downgrade to disc only) in order to get a match?

[quote name='Warner1281']Not sure if this has been covered, so forgive me if it has. I just listed a game for trade as being complete. There is a request for a disc only version of said game. If I were the only person with this game available, would it match the 2 of us up, or would that person have to upgrade to full version (or I downgrade to disc only) in order to get a match?[/QUOTE]
It should match your complete game to his disc only request... but only if he has enough points and a trade credit. Plus they removed the # you are in the queue so you can't tell if your first in line (unless you noticed that the game was not listed as available when you added your copy).

[quote name='cheapfrag']It should match your complete game to his disc only request... but only if he has enough points and a trade credit. Plus they removed the # you are in the queue so you can't tell if your first in line (unless you noticed that the game was not listed as available when you added your copy).[/quote]

In this instance, there are plenty of available copies, it seems. Assuming ti is just one person requesting, I definitely won't be matched up right now, but I was just wondering for future reference. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='Warner1281']Not sure if this has been covered, so forgive me if it has. I just listed a game for trade as being complete. There is a request for a disc only version of said game. If I were the only person with this game available, would it match the 2 of us up, or would that person have to upgrade to full version (or I downgrade to disc only) in order to get a match?[/QUOTE]

The way it works is:
- You request a 'minimum acceptable' status - from disc only to full package.
- The Lister specifies *actual* status (hopefully)

The requested will get *at least* the minimum, up to full package. If you want *only* full package you should never see anything but, but if you have disk only you can get a full package.

My other question (which I'm pretty sure was answered before, but I can't find it now), is this- If I have a game that is disc + case, but no manual, how do I list and/or ship it? I assume I would list it as disc only and then I would ship at least the disc. If I wanted to include the case as a bonus, I could do so, but wouldn't be required to. Am I right or is there another way to do this? Thanks.

[quote name='Warner1281']My other question (which I'm pretty sure was answered before, but I can't find it now), is this- If I have a game that is disc + case, but no manual, how do I list and/or ship it? I assume I would list it as disc only and then I would ship at least the disc. If I wanted to include the case as a bonus, I could do so, but wouldn't be required to. Am I right or is there another way to do this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That assumption is correct (no, I can't find the answer either - but it is in this thread *somewhere*). I guess it is about meeting minimums - disc-only upgrades to disc & manual upgrades to disc & manual & box. So the manual is a basic requirements for 'full package' status.

I've got a question. Today I received an envelope from a user sending me Super Mario Advance. However, when I looked at it, there is a big tear in the front (large enough to slip the game out) and a stamp saying "Received in Damaged Condition" at my post office. Inside, simply a note saying "Hope you enojy the game!"

Obviously, I can't fault the user for this, so I don't want to leave a negative "game not received". However, I would like to get my points back since I really *didn't* received it. Goozex, can you please help me out here?

Hi Warner1281 -- disc + case is considered disc only and yes you only would be required to send the disc only, but it'd be nice if you protected it with the case.

PRMega -- I had that happen with my post office too...and I actually sent an email to the Post Office department here in Washington saying I'd like a refund for my game -- a few days later they found my game in perfect condition at a local post office -- odd how things work out...

About your problem -- leave positive feedback and in the msg please leave a note about the post office problem....I'll force a manual refund...

Hope that helps and here is a brief rundown on our matrix match:

Buyer Requests:
1. Disc only - will match with Disc Only, Disc + Manual, Full Package
2. Disc + Manual - will match with Disc + Manual, Full Package
3. Full Package - will match only with Full Package

Seller Offers:
1. Disc Only - will match only with Disc Only
2. Disc + Manual - will match with Disc + Manual, Disc Only
3. Full Package - will match will Full Package, Disc + Manual, Disc Only

Thus, you move faster through the queue as a buyer if you select disc only and as a seller by offering Full Package.

[quote name='Goozex']PRMega -- I had that happen with my post office too...and I actually sent an email to the Post Office department here in Washington saying I'd like a refund for my game -- a few days later they found my game in perfect condition at a local post office -- odd how things work out...

About your problem -- leave positive feedback and in the msg please leave a note about the post office problem....I'll force a manual refund...

[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, I appreciate it :) I'll also contact my local post office and see what they have to say.

The other question I have, would you be able to put me back at the front of the line for this game? It took so long to be matched the first time, I don't want to wait another 4 months to get my next copy :)

[quote name='Goozex']

swetooth9 -- what games are you watching that are fluctuating?
[/quote]

well, one example...when i added ratchet deadlocked to my request list, it was 300 pts..2 days later it jumped to 350 points, and now 1 day later it's 300 again (yay)

yoshi's island was 600 when i put it on request about 4 days ago, then it jumped to 650, now it's down to 550 (yay)

Someone requested Children of Mana from me. Unfortunately someone bought it off my BIN ebay listing about an hour or two earlier(this happened at like two in the morning so I couldn't remove it from goozex when I saw it sold.). How do I reject this trade and remove children of mana from my library

[quote name='magiic']Someone requested Children of Mana from me. Unfortunately someone bought it off my BIN ebay listing about an hour or two earlier(this happened at like two in the morning so I couldn't remove it from goozex when I saw it sold.). How do I reject this trade and remove children of mana from my library[/quote]

Assuming you haven't already committed to send it, you can still back out:

1) Click the "My Library" tab, then look for your game.
2) There should be a button that says "Accept Trade?". Click that. It won't actually mark the trade as accepted.
3) Click "No, please delete my offer from the queue". It's kind of hard to see since it's grayed out, but it should be the last option there.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='Goozex']These are game bundles and do NOT include the actual console. Sorry for any confusion. Winners will only receive the games listed in the specific bundle. So for example, the winner of the xbox 360 bundle will receive Ridge Racer 6, F.E.A.R., & Dead Rising.[/QUOTE]

is there anyway to change what system you selected when you signed up then? ^_^;; I signed up and selected the Wii thinking it was the console >_

We really need queue status back. There's no way of knowing how long you'll have to wait for the game you requested.

And how about this to deal with price changes:

1) Any game in your request list is automatically put on hold if the price goes UP - and you recieve an automated email asking if you'd like to remove it or keep it.

2) Any game in your library is automatically put on hold if the price goes DOWN - and you recieve an automated email asking if you'd like to remove it or keep it.

-Exedor

[quote name='GrayWolf323']is there anyway to change what system you selected when you signed up then? ^_^;; I signed up and selected the Wii thinking it was the console >_

[quote name='Exedor']We really need queue status back. There's no way of knowing how long you'll have to wait for the game you requested.

1) Any game in your request list is automatically put on hold if the price goes UP - and you recieve an automated email asking if you'd like to remove it or keep it.

2) Any game in your library is automatically put on hold if the price goes DOWN - and you recieve an automated email asking if you'd like to remove it or keep it.

-Exedor[/quote]

i like those ideas

Great site really enjoying it already got rid of 2 games, who knew capcom vs marvel 2 (xbox) would be worth 1000 pts and hopefully I will get a game sent my way sometime.

A nice queue status and a forum is all I see missing from the site.

But once again Great site.

[quote name='Plat']Assuming you haven't already committed to send it, you can still back out:

1) Click the "My Library" tab, then look for your game.
2) There should be a button that says "Accept Trade?". Click that. It won't actually mark the trade as accepted.
3) Click "No, please delete my offer from the queue". It's kind of hard to see since it's grayed out, but it should be the last option there.

Hope this helps![/quote]

[quote name='magiic']Someone requested Children of Mana from me. Unfortunately someone bought it off my BIN ebay listing about an hour or two earlier(this happened at like two in the morning so I couldn't remove it from goozex when I saw it sold.). How do I reject this trade and remove children of mana from my library[/QUOTE]

i hate when you list games on both sites and forgot about taking it down off goozex. I had 2 games match this month that i sold back before xmas then i forgot to remove. Lucky you can just hit Refuse trade

Just cleaned up my trades :)

[quote name='homeland']Great site really enjoying it already got rid of 2 games, who knew capcom vs marvel 2 (xbox) would be worth 1000 pts and hopefully I will get a game sent my way sometime.

A nice queue status and a forum is all I see missing from the site.

But once again Great site.[/quote]

well, seeing that marvel vs capcom 2 is a big money maker on ebay, it doesnt surprise me one bit...i traded off shin megami nocturne for 1000 pts and thought it was properly priced points-wise

K, finally gonna give this a try. I put up a few games I've got for trade. I'm pretty sure I'm first on the list for ZoE:2nd runner and somewhere in the mix for all the others. If someone wants ZoE2 (complete), just know it should be coming from me.

Everything listed (everything complete):
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner
The Getaway
NBA Street Vol. 2
Rise of the Kasai
Tekken 4

So I got matched up with a Radiata Stories last night...and this morning i had a message from the owner essentially taunting me and saying he wasn't going to send it to me. Complicated story involving a grown man having a hissy fit and starting a vendetta because he didn't get the deal he wanted from me on another site...but that aside, Radiata is now listed as available and I'm no longer matched. Have I slid to the back of the queue or something? or will i just get matched up next time a different user has it available? The whole queue thing still confuses me quite a bit.

[quote name='TahoeMax']So I got matched up with a Radiata Stories last night...and this morning i had a message from the owner essentially taunting me and saying he wasn't going to send it to me. Complicated story involving a grown man having a hissy fit and starting a vendetta because he didn't get the deal he wanted from me on another site...but that aside, Radiata is now listed as available and I'm no longer matched. Have I slid to the back of the queue or something? or will i just get matched up next time a different user has it available? The whole queue thing still confuses me quite a bit.[/quote]

You're basically first in line, so when the next one if available, you will get it. If that guy lists it again though, you may end up getting matched with him.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Thank you sir![/QUOTE]

If the problem repeats you might want to bring it to the attention of the site owners.

Man I frustrated that the guy I sent the game to took so long to give me feedback because I got matched up for GoW but I needed the extra 100 points from first feedback. Oh well I haven't seen it listed again.

hey everyone...let me cover some questions that i saw

GrayWolf323 -- I replied to your PM -- if anybody thinks they didn't register properly for the contest then please send an email to marketing @ gooz...your username, name, and preferred console -- thanks!

Exedor -- good suggestion -- one thing we try to avoid is sending our members too many emails...but I like it a lot

TahoeMax -- encendido5 covered this well -- you don't move in the queue if a seller has rejected a trade. You are essentially first to go unless of course there is someone ahead of you who gets points and credits and is matched...if this guy you're trading with is the only seller, then you may get matched with him again.

Maybe you could extend the response time to from an exact 24 hours worth, but to a next full day response. There have been 2 or 3 occassions when I have failed to respond in adequate time because I wouldn't realize that the alert was initiated in the morning of the previous day.

So along these lines, being that I failed to respond...and I wish to complete the trade, I should just sit tight and wait for the request to come back to me. Yes?

Can I legally mail something from Canada that has a return address in the US? Why is the return address on the shipping labels Goozex and not my own?

[quote name='Exedor']We really need queue status back. There's no way of knowing how long you'll have to wait for the game you requested.

-Exedor[/quote]

Actually, I think a better idea is just to specify a min and max points amount, could be an advanced feature. This way, we don't get bombed with so many emails.

[quote name='magiic']Can I legally mail something from Canada that has a return address in the US? Why is the return address on the shipping labels Goozex and not my own?[/quote]

I dunno about the Canada stuff, but I'm assuming the return address is for privacy reason. When we mail something out, only the first letter of the first name is showed along with the full last name.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']would be kinda nice if we could specify if we wanted greatest hits or not (or player's choice/platinum hits) or not[/quote]

I might be wrong but im prety sure that you can pick between pc/ph/gh and normal version.

I've only seen choices between "Game of the Year" versions, collector's editions, and the like. I don't think anything distinguishes between GH/PH/PC

[quote name='kdabney69']I might be wrong but im prety sure that you can pick between pc/ph/gh and normal version.[/QUOTE]

Just certain games, that I've seen the distinction.

[quote name='kdabney69']I might be wrong but im prety sure that you can pick between pc/ph/gh and normal version.[/QUOTE]

I think they show up as different if they have a new UPC code or something, then it shows up in the Muse Database as a new game. I don't think choosing between an original and Greatest Hits is a big priority here as Goozex wasn't really designed for collectors, rather to get games in to the hands of gamers who want to play them. At least that's my impression of the approach here, and I like it. If we want to phatten out of collections I think other locations are the best bet.

[quote name='macdude22']I think they show up as different if they have a new UPC code or something, then it shows up in the Muse Database as a new game. I don't think choosing between an original and Greatest Hits is a big priority here as Goozex wasn't really designed for collectors, rather to get games in to the hands of gamers who want to play them. At least that's my impression of the approach here, and I like it. If we want to phatten out of collections I think other locations are the best bet.[/QUOTE]

it's not for collecting, just I own almost 100 PS1/PS2/PSP games and none of them are greatest hits so don't really want to get any of games I have missed out on but want to play

[quote name='cheapfrag']After you leave NEGATIVE feedback that a game was NOT RECEIVED, how long until you get your points and trade credit back?:[/QUOTE]

within a day i think. I got mine back within hours

I looked it up on Canada Posts website. Mail leaving Canada must have a Canadian return address. Goozex might want to make a note of that for Canadian users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back