Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... i got match for a game, and it has been MATCHED for like 5 days now.... is there a way to unmatch it? soo i can get other games!

Could the Goozex system take into account holidays and Sundays as non-deliverable days? Obviously people know, but it just is a bit of a pain in the arse to always explain yourself.

The "Legend of Zelda Collection" for gamecube is listed...but is it the japanese or american? I only seen a japanese cover, so I'm kinda confused.

[quote name='lurknomore']Could the Goozex system take into account holidays and Sundays as non-deliverable days? Obviously people know, but it just is a bit of a pain in the arse to always explain yourself.[/quote]
For the US, it does. Just select send within three days.

For other countries that require more than three days, I have no idea if this is necessary...

[quote name='mahzilla']For the US, it does. Just select send within three days.

For other countries that require more than three days, I have no idea if this is necessary...[/QUOTE]

I don't think that you are following. On a few occassions, the 3rd day would fall on a Sunday or a Monday holiday. In these few occassions, I always PM to confirm that I'll be mailing on the next available mailing day...but if the system would recognize Sundays and holidays as undeliverable days, then this wouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='lurknomore']I don't think that you are following. On a few occassions, the 3rd day would fall on a Sunday or a Monday holiday. In these few occassions, I always PM to confirm that I'll be mailing on the next available mailing day...but if the system would recognize Sundays and holidays as undeliverable days, then this wouldn't be an issue.[/quote]

Still not following, could you maybe give an example on which days you accepted the request? If you accepted on a Thursday, you still have Friday and Saturday to send the game. If you accepted on a Friday, you still have Saturday to send in the game.

Am I right on my assumption that you're in the US? I think Canada doesn't deliver on Saturdays, but I could be wrong.

Maybe you're talking about USPS office hours closing earlier on a Saturday? I usually send my games with postage stamps.

For example, yesterday was Saturday, a USPS mailing day. I just accepted two requests Saturday night (well after the time my mail was delivered), said I'll send it within three days. The system gave me the 21st (a Wednesday) to send in the games.

This morning, I accepted another request, selected send within three days, system also gave me the 21st to send in the games. I still plan to send in my games on the 20th.

I don't really see how three days is not enough in my opinion.

Federal holidays are for the remainder of this year are:

Monday, February 19 - Washington’s Birthday
Monday, May 28 - Memorial Day
Wednesday, July 4 - Independence Day
Monday, September 3 - Labor Day
Monday, October 8 - Columbus Day
Monday, November 12 - Veterans Day
Thursday, November 22 - Thanksgiving Day
Tuesday, December 25 - Christmas Day

Still can't find a scenario where three days isn't enough. Maybe the only exception would be that you're going on a three day vacation for the weekend and cannot get to the post office.

i got match for

(The) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

points traded: 750

Suikoden II
points traded: 1000

Sucks that both of these people have neg feedback.

sukoden 2 person has a - 5 feedback
Zelda person has 4 netures (they only send game only though they list complete)

so i probally have close to 1800 pts tied up and have to wait 3 weeks before i can get the pts back if the games never show

mahzilla...not at all saying that 3 days is not enough time. It is just that I've got a ton to do...and sending out on Goozex is the least of my obligations, though I always send within the framework and I always send USPS 1st class (as opposed to media)...but with a baby in the house, being an attorney, and trying to game as much as possible with a wife around, it is just tough to mail out and stand around the P.O. This is really not that big of an issue, as I always send out on time.

[quote name='lurknomore']mahzilla...not at all saying that 3 days is not enough time. It is just that I've got a ton to do...and sending out on Goozex is the least of my obligations, though I always send within the framework and I always send USPS 1st class (as opposed to media)...but with a baby in the house, being an attorney, and trying to game as much as possible with a wife around, it is just tough to mail out and stand around the P.O. This is really not that big of an issue, as I always send out on time.[/quote]
thanks for the clarification!

I think for user from Canada and The United States, both the Canada and United States boxes should be ticked by default. It only costs 1.85USD to mail a bubble mailer with a game in it from the USA to Canada and it only costs 3.74CAD to mail a game from Canada to the States.

[quote name='magiic']I think for user from Canada and The United States, both the Canada and United States boxes should be ticked by default. It only costs 1.85USD to mail a bubble mailer with a game in it from the USA to Canada and it only costs 3.74CAD to mail a game from Canada to the States.[/quote]

will the package be held up by customs or anything and take a while for either side to receive the game?

hey everyone...i've been MIA for a few days...and will be for the rest of today...just wanted to drop a line and say that I'll respond to everyone waiting later tonight...

[quote name='magiic']I think for user from Canada and The United States, both the Canada and United States boxes should be ticked by default. It only costs 1.85USD to mail a bubble mailer with a game in it from the USA to Canada and it only costs 3.74CAD to mail a game from Canada to the States.[/QUOTE]

No way should it be required for any user to ship outside their respective countries.
I have never shipped to Canada personally but have always heard it takes quite a bit of time for packages to travel between countries. Also isn't it impossible to track a package sent via USPS that goes into Canada? I would have no idea if a Canadian user actually received what I sent to them.

Hey everyone...looking forward to another long week...

Greatest hits vs. original vs. etc -- we can only offer what our content provider, Muze, can give us. Therefore if they don't have the greatest hits version then we can't really put it in there...our database pulls from theirs.

cheapfrag -- depends on our review process...you should usually get your refunds within 24 hours

magiic -- thanks for the info about Canadian return addresses...this may require us setting up a p.o. box there in the future.

There is no problem using your own address as a return address. That goes for the U.S. traders as well. And as a reminder, if you are mailing from U.S. to Canada you can use the Goozex address.

ryoga79 - I think we got all FFXI PC versions off -- thanks for the heads up!
The cover you see for "Legend of Zelda Collection" should be American. This is because Muze does not, to my understanding, have a section for import games. As a side note, that game was the 4th most requested on Goozex this past week...

makwillownu -- the system cannot unmatch trades -- we do this so that the seller has a fair chance to agree to a trade -- there is about a 3 day cycle per seller matching process

lurknomore -- you're right that we don't out right incorporate holidays in the system, but that was one of the benefits of choosing 3 day ship option -- as noted by mahzilla -- we can look into how easily it would be to incorporate holidays

Choosing countries -- our number one reason that we don't default on both countries being checked off is because it generally costs more to ship across borders. This was a primary concern for some members prior to expanding into Canada.

I think I got them all...

If I have a game coming to me and it's been almost 3 weeks and the system is ready to close the trade do I just give the person negative feedback? I PMed them a few days ago asking what method they shipped with but got no answer. Also, if I give negative and the game arrives am I responsible for sending it back to the user myself?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If I have a game coming to me and it's been almost 3 weeks and the system is ready to close the trade do I just give the person negative feedback? I PMed them a few days ago asking what method they shipped with but got no answer. Also, if I give negative and the game arrives am I responsible for sending it back to the user myself?[/QUOTE]
If you haven't received it before the system closes it (with a POSITIVE), then you should definitely give them a NEGATIVE - especially since they didn't answer your PM (but even if they did you really have no choice). I think you are being generous waiting 3 weeks. What is their feedback rating? I waited 15 days and then gave a NEGATIVE to someone I matched with (he had 3 games mailed with 1 negative and no positives - all high point games and was receiving 5 games already - I suspected scammer from the beginning.)

Now I am matched with a "buyer" who has 0 feedback, has sent 2 games and is set to receive 6 games already and he signed up on February 2/3. I think its suspicous that he has found 6 games that he wanted so quickly and in order to get 6 games the ones he sent must be fairly high point games. I'm going to decline the match. I get annoyed at these scammers pulling games out of the available pool.

[quote name='cheapfrag']If you haven't received it before the system closes it (with a POSITIVE), then you should definitely give them a NEGATIVE - especially since they didn't answer your PM (but even if they did you really have no choice). I think you are being generous waiting 3 weeks. What is their feedback rating? I waited 15 days and then gave a NEGATIVE to someone I matched with (he had 3 games mailed with 1 negative and no positives - all high point games and was receiving 5 games already - I suspected scammer from the beginning.)

Now I am matched with a "buyer" who has 0 feedback, has sent 2 games and is set to receive 6 games already and he signed up on February 2/3. I think its suspicous that he has found 6 games that he wanted so quickly and in order to get 6 games the ones he sent must be fairly high point games. I'm going to decline the match. I get annoyed at these scammers pulling games out of the available pool.[/QUOTE]

Sad as it sounds, it seems with the recent boom (much of it seems related to the influx from here) a lot of people are trying to 'game the system'.

I am fortunate that I've not had an issue, but have heard about a lot more stuff ... I would hit someone with negative if it was a few weeks and no reply to PM.

Two recent experiences:
- Guy was shipping game a couple of days late and sent a PM on the 'will ship by' date stating so. Game arrived within a week of actual ship and he got a big positive.
- Got Fallout from someone, and they couldn't find the manual - so they sent the Strategy Guide! Cost them $4.05 for a 100 pt game! Another big positive!

The guy who sent the game has 6 possitive feedbacks and no negatives. At first I thought he might have sent it Media Mail, but we both live in NJ so even that shouldn't have been an issue. It's only a 100 pt game so I'm not freaking out, but it is annoying as I could have easily had two new games in the same time period.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']The guy who sent the game has 6 possitive feedbacks and no negatives. At first I thought he might have sent it Media Mail, but we both live in NJ so even that shouldn't have been an issue. It's only a 100 pt game so I'm not freaking out, but it is annoying as I could have easily had two new games in the same time period.[/quote]

I'll say, go ahead and give him the negative feedback since your time is almost up. If you do end up getting the game, you can always email goozex to change your feedback. By giving him negative feedback, you're also protecting the other goozex users from dealing with a possible scammer.

[quote name='mahzilla']I'll say, go ahead and give him the negative feedback since your time is almost up. If you do end up getting the game, you can always email goozex to change your feedback. By giving him negative feedback, you're also protecting the other goozex users from dealing with a possible scammer.[/QUOTE]

Well I PMed him one more time today telling him he has until tomorrow night to message me back or he is getting negative. I doubt I will hear anything.

humm...
I wish there was a way to follow up/dispute feedback.
My latest feedback, for the game Hot Shots Golf 2, reads

"The game did have instructions, but they weren't the real instructions since it was a previous rental copy. So I really wouldn't call the game complete. All in all though the game does work well."

The game I sent was a rental so I don't have a problem getting the feedback "not as good as expected.
BUT the instruction manual for Hot Shots Golf 2 is indeed a foldout poster (ex-rental or not).
How can I be absolutely positive?
I have another copy of this same exact game and the instruction manual is still a foldout poster.
Ahhh... Maybe this guy should complain to Sony for making FAKE instruction manuals
(if it is not real, then it has to be fake, right?).
This isn't the only PSX game where the manual is a foldout poster. Another example I know of is Parappa the Rapper. I'm sure there are more, but those are the only two games in my collection that are like that. I'm a just a little pissed that someone would label something as FAKE just because it wasn't exactly what he/she expected.
This post is getting too long. I'm done venting. Sorry.......

I can certainly see the use for a way to respond to feedback, similar to ebay.

Then again, I can see how easy it would be to abuse such a system as well.

Just a note, never use the goozex mailer. I shipped out a disk-only item in the mailer against my better judgment and got a negative feedback after it was broken in the mail as a result. I realize that I should have just gone ahead and bubble mailed it like I planned to, but I figured the goozex mailer was offered because of its success in the past. Just be safe and go with a padded mailer every time, disk only or not.

Quick question , when I mail in a gamedo I just put a stamp on and its ready to go? Or do I have to complete a series of mazes, jump over a crocadile pit and solve 100 sudoku puzzles?

[quote name='lurknomore']mahzilla...not at all saying that 3 days is not enough time. It is just that I've got a ton to do...and sending out on Goozex is the least of my obligations, though I always send within the framework and I always send USPS 1st class (as opposed to media)...but with a baby in the house, being an attorney, and trying to game as much as possible with a wife around, it is just tough to mail out and stand around the P.O. This is really not that big of an issue, as I always send out on time.[/quote]

Get a $15 postage scale and use Paypal shipping to mail out all your games from home. That's what I do. As a bonus, it's also cheaper than going to the post office, as Paypal only charges 14 cents for delivery confrimation.

Also, buy your DVD mailers off Ebay in bulk lots of 100 or more. That way you'll only pay around 20 cents per bubble mailer. I go through a box of 100 bubble mailers about once a month with all the DVD, video game, and cd trading I do on various sites.

Hey everyone...

Let me quickly make some points about some recent posts plus we have a few long waited updates.

Scammers -- yes they do exist and some of you have been burned by them. That said, we do a few important things to minimize this:
1. We review every single negative feedback received -- we can do this b/c there simply aren't that many to begin with
2. We have internal alarms and automatic processes that help us catch scammers -- this helps us catch them fast
3. If you are a new member and trade Gears of War or something like that -- then needless to say if you get negative feedback then we have you flagged.
4. On the flip side we have yet to encounter anybody abusing the other side of the trade (knock on wood) -- meaning giving too many negative feedbacks...
5. When we catch one they are banned -- end of story
In the end we want to have a great fun place to trade video games and soon do other things. We give the benefit of the doubt to you and what we've been really happy about is the level of interaction our members are showing by sending us emails when they are concerned about certain members. Many of you know that our Goozex Guarantee works and we act fast on that -- our ultimate goal is to earn your trust!

Along the same lines, we have improved our refund policy to place you back in the queue where you were before. Meaning that if you were in first place earlier we'll put you back in there. The game you requested is by default placed on Hold in your request list.

Another upgrade is so simple, but important for our new members who haven't mastered the searching on Goozex. When you get deep into our search filters and you just want to start over -- either click on the Goozex logo in the top left or on the "Reset Search" below the search bar. We are going to be doing some more search improvements to help minimize if not eliminate that learning curve.

martin8me -- no hoops...place game in envelope/bubble mailer/whatever you want -- put appropriate amount of postage -- send. Just be kind and try to protect the disc and package as best as possible and bubble mailers do a nice job of this.

Rictor -- great to see you back here...hope you're feeling better from the flu

Everyone, Rictor is our #1 trader -- he has sent and received the most games. He has competition, but he has been with us from day one and given some great feedback and generally has helped our site grow.

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone...

Let me quickly make some points about some recent posts plus we have a few long waited updates.

Scammers -- yes they do exist and some of you have been burned by them. That said, we do a few important things to minimize this:
1. We review every single negative feedback received -- we can do this b/c there simply aren't that many to begin with
2. We have internal alarms and automatic processes that help us catch scammers -- this helps us catch them fast
3. If you are a new member and trade Gears of War or something like that -- then needless to say if you get negative feedback then we have you flagged.
4. On the flip side we have yet to encounter anybody abusing the other side of the trade (knock on wood) -- meaning giving too many negative feedbacks...
5. When we catch one they are banned -- end of story
In the end we want to have a great fun place to trade video games and soon do other things. We give the benefit of the doubt to you and what we've been really happy about is the level of interaction our members are showing by sending us emails when they are concerned about certain members. Many of you know that our Goozex Guarantee works and we act fast on that -- our ultimate goal is to earn your trust!

Along the same lines, we have improved our refund policy to place you back in the queue where you were before. Meaning that if you were in first place earlier we'll put you back in there. The game you requested is by default placed on Hold in your request list.

Another upgrade is so simple, but important for our new members who haven't mastered the searching on Goozex. When you get deep into our search filters and you just want to start over -- either click on the Goozex logo in the top left or on the "Reset Search" below the search bar. We are going to be doing some more search improvements to help minimize if not eliminate that learning curve.

martin8me -- no hoops...place game in envelope/bubble mailer/whatever you want -- put appropriate amount of postage -- send. Just be kind and try to protect the disc and package as best as possible and bubble mailers do a nice job of this.

Rictor -- great to see you back here...hope you're feeling better from the flu

Everyone, Rictor is our #1 trader -- he has sent and received the most games. He has competition, but he has been with us from day one and given some great feedback and generally has helped our site grow.[/QUOTE]

Is there any news or an estimate about how soon we will be seeing that "old school games" sub-site, or how long until we will be able to use paypal to buy points/trade credits?

Also how soon until the next "free trade(no trade credits required)" promo:D

As usual the site is looking great!

[quote name='Goozex']
martin8me -- no hoops...place game in envelope/bubble mailer/whatever you want -- put appropriate amount of postage -- send. Just be kind and try to protect the disc and package as best as possible and bubble mailers do a nice job of this. [/quote]

When you mean right amount of postage do you mean a certain amount of stamps? sorry, i'm new at this.....;)

Martin8me- meaning how much the postage is. I normally just take my games to the post office near my work on my way in and have them do first class mailing for me. Mailed off a gc game the other day for my bro (who's also new to goozex) and shipping first class was $2.07, which I have no prob with. I think some of the pc games I've sent out for my goozex account have been $3.00 or so, but still not bad when you think about it.

Just put the game in the envelope, slap on the sheet with the mailing address on it that you print off the goozex site, slap on postage, and it's ready to go.

[quote name='ryoga79']Martin8me- meaning how much the postage is. I normally just take my games to the post office near my work on my way in and have them do first class mailing for me. Mailed off a gc game the other day for my bro (who's also new to goozex) and shipping first class was $2.07, which I have no prob with. I think some of the pc games I've sent out for my goozex account have been $3.00 or so, but still not bad when you think about it.

Just put the game in the envelope, slap on the sheet with the mailing address on it that you print off the goozex site, slap on postage, and it's ready to go.[/quote]

Alright thanx, so i just give it to the P.O. and they do everything for me right?

or do they give me like a postage thingy and i put it on and mail it in a normal

mail box? Man i can't believe i'm the only one not knowing these things...:bomb:

I just had a request time out after approx. 26 hours. This seems like a very short time period in which to respond to a request. Is this normal, or did the person requesting the trade remove the game from their requests?

do you know when paypal is going to be accepted for buying credits? that is my preferred method of payment and i believe it is also many other people's preferred method as well

oh yea, i think we should be able to cancel a game that we have on our request list when someone doesnt respond to that request in a given amount of time...or b/c we don't want it anymore....i see that the "remove game from request list" is not an option when you are matched up with someone :( i don't want to waste my last trade token on a game that isn't a top priority want...

are we going to see the return (actually i wasnt even here yet when you had queues in the first place) of queues?

grrr I wish my games I sent would hurry up and arrive. They are holding me back from trading a ton of games I have up for trade now that I know people want.

[quote name='martin8me']Alright thanx, so i just give it to the P.O. and they do everything for me right?

or do they give me like a postage thingy and i put it on and mail it in a normal

mail box? Man i can't believe i'm the only one not knowing these things...:bomb:[/quote]

safe thing to do is take it to the P. O. with the game in a padded envelope and addressed. They'll tell you how much to pay and will send it for you.

[quote name='swetooth9']do you know when paypal is going to be accepted for buying credits? that is my preferred method of payment and i believe it is also many other people's preferred method as well

oh yea, i think we should be able to cancel a game that we have on our request list when someone doesnt respond to that request in a given amount of time...or b/c we don't want it anymore....i see that the "remove game from request list" is not an option when you are matched up with someone :( i don't want to waste my last trade token on a game that isn't a top priority want...

are we going to see the return (actually i wasnt even here yet when you had queues in the first place) of queues?[/quote]

they said they're working on the paypal thing.

I second this suggestion along with a cap and floor of points traded per game. I requested God of War, got matched for 300. Seller most likely did not respond to the request, then I got matched to a different seller for 350. I really did not want to buy it for 350 since I could get a same game, brand new, on sale for $15.00 (350 points is equal to $17.50 plus $1.00 trade credit for a total of $18.50).

I believe they said they were working on the queue issues a while back.

[quote name='mahzilla']they said they're working on the paypal thing.
[/quote]
yea, but i want to know how much longer if they can estimate...

oh yea, and PLEASE make it so that i can cancel games on my request list if the guy doesnt respond in a certain amount of days...i got an email saying i have a match but have 0 credits b/c some guy is taking up that credit but hasnt responded to my request (that i no longer really want) in like 4 days

hey everyone...

Paypal -- so we are having unexpected delays on this...we have made this a priority and the bad thing is it wasn't so easy to incorporate as we first thought...

price notifications (caps) is a cool idea...we'll need to figure out how that can work in our database

cancelling requests that are matched -- this is tough for us b/c we want to be fair to the seller who may, for a number of reasons, be away from the computer. It is our goal to be fair to both sides of the trade. This is something that is requested and so we need to take a more serious look at this.

REMINDER
DC CAG Member Party tomorrow at 2:00 -- Dave & Busters in Rockville. Hopefully our DC CAG friends can make it out for some fun.

well, i'm in the process of making my first trade on goozex. i noticed as soon as i accept the trade i'm credited with the points. are we able to use the points right away or does it wait until the buyer recieves the game i sent?

I got matched with a game I had on my queue and kinda wanted the other night. I was happy.

Then, like 2 hours later, I got matched for a game I really really wanted. I wasn't happy because now I was out of points.

The next day or so, the game I didn't really want disappeared. I was....confused but kinda happy. I had points again but I thought I was back to square one again...

Then, 2 or so hours later, the game I really wanted was matched for me. I was really happy.

Did the guy with the game I didn't really want cancel sending me it, or did the server do that after a couple of days of no response? Since the guy with the game I really really want hasn't responded yet either, will it cancel that out and I have to wait all over again?

[quote name='ryoga79']I got matched with a game I had on my queue and kinda wanted the other night. I was happy.

Then, like 2 hours later, I got matched for a game I really really wanted. I wasn't happy because now I was out of points.

The next day or so, the game I didn't really want disappeared. I was....confused but kinda happy. I had points again but I thought I was back to square one again...

Then, 2 or so hours later, the game I really wanted was matched for me. I was really happy.

Did the guy with the game I didn't really want cancel sending me it, or did the server do that after a couple of days of no response? Since the guy with the game I really really want hasn't responded yet either, will it cancel that out and I have to wait all over again?[/quote]

If you're the owner trading the game and you get matched with an offer, you have a certain period of time to accept or reject the offer. If you do not do anything, then the system will automatically reject the offer. In your case, since the offer was opened for a couple of days, the system probably rejected it.

If you're the buyer and your offer to buy the game gets rejected, you're placed in the front of the queue and will get the first offer to the next available seller.

Hope that answers your question.

[quote name='ryoga79']I got matched with a game I had on my queue and kinda wanted the other night. I was happy.

Did the guy with the game I didn't really want cancel sending me it, or did the server do that after a couple of days of no response? Since the guy with the game I really really want hasn't responded yet either, will it cancel that out and I have to wait all over again?[/QUOTE]

why would you get match for a game if you didnt have enough pts?

[quote name='swetooth9']sometimes it says "you got a match! but you dont have enough trade credits! please refill them" or something like that[/QUOTE]

exactly. I have 350 points, Cooking Mama gets "matched but waiting on seller to reply" which takes away my points. While CM is holding my points, Castlevania Doublepack comes along, and I'm tapped out. Luckily CM timed out and I put it on hold since Castlevania DP got matched. I've gotten matched twice now for Castlevania DP, bu the first one timed out. I have a feeling that the 2nd one will too (probably the same seller).

i put excite truck up on the site and it was picked up by a buyer in a matter of hours. i request 360 games and weeks later nothing. is there much support for next gen consoles or am i just requesting popular games that many people have on their lists ahead of me? i kind of wish there were some way to see what games were available before trading away my stuff only to wait forever to get a match.

[quote name='xcoax']i put excite truck up on the site and it was picked up by a buyer in a matter of hours. i request 360 games and weeks later nothing. is there much support for next gen consoles or am i just requesting popular games that many people have on their lists ahead of me? i kind of wish there were some way to see what games were available before trading away my stuff only to wait forever to get a match.[/QUOTE]

I can't answer specifically, but when you check a game before you put it on your request list, you can see if it is currently availble. Just because a game is in the system, doesn't mean that someone currently has it.

For whatever it is worth...I went to the DC CAG Meetup, and 2 of the Goozex guys were there in attendance. They are really good guys, who are just as passionate about games and the entire culture that we have come to love here at CAG. They are just like one of us, and they are providing the perfect compliment to our CAG game buying addiction/compulsion.

Anyhow, I have come to love the service. I have over 10,000 points and counting. After meeting these guys, I put my 100% support behind the company and service. If you haven't signed up yet, please do so...and I guarantee that you also will come to love Goozex. I'm more than willing to share with y'all CAGs my experiences with the company, so feel free to PM me with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back