Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='erock']yeah, it showed up yesterday. i think you were are the recipient of a game from me that went out yesterday. curious as to how long that takes. these 2 trade might break some kind of goozex distance record.[/quote]

Ya Im getting pocket bike racer off you. I have to say though I was blown away when I saw the feedback from you. I seriousl have had stuff going to California which is right below me take two or three times as long to get there as it did to go right to the east coast to you. Crazy stuff.

[quote name='icruise']I don't buy that reasoning. Let's say that I come to Goozex as a new user. I don't really understand the system, but I see that Gears of War is listed as "available." I request it, and I'm psyched because I think I'm going to get it pretty soon. Maybe I actually buy some points to make sure that I'll have enough. I have been misled into thinking that because the game is "available" that I can actually get it, and there's no way for me to find out that I'm wrong until time passes and I don't get the game. (We've seen a few people in these threads who have thought similar things.)

Before, it would say that I was #30 in line for the game (or whatever) which would make it pretty obvious that I wasn't going to be getting the game very soon if at all.

In short, while you could make the case that saying you are #1 in line is a little misleading, the current system is misleading is EVERY case. Not having any indication of where you are in the queue is a lot worse, both for new members and people who know the system inside and out.

If the region issues make displaying your place in the queue impossible, then I guess that can't be helped, but the argument that it's less confusing this way holds zero water.[/quote]

totally agree with you. Was thinking the same thing when i read that.

[quote name='slidecage']im starting to get games from canada. hopefuly i wont have any problem playing these games on usa systems[/quote]

you wont we have the same region code, I have gotten all but one of my games from the USA

[quote name='ryoga79']I know how you feel Slidecage. I've been matched for Halo2 for almost a week now, and it keeps timing out. and now I'm not matched at all, but I see copies of Halo2 up on goozex.[/QUOTE]

I keep getting matched on Pokemon Fire Red every day for a week now to the point its just annoying me how the person on the other end never accepts and just lets it time out >_

Kind of a strange case:
User agreed to send me Final Fantasy X. Come a couple days later and he sends me a goozex-mail (goomail?) saying he doesn't actually have the game, he thought he did but he was wrong, and are there any games in this list I would like instead?
Now, I don't want any games in his list, I want Final Fantasy X. Is negative feedback my only recourse here? Or is there a way to cancel the trade and refund the opints etc after it's been agreed to?
I've emailed help@goozex but that seems to be a void...not sure if I have the right address for help or not.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
iguanaDitty

About the queue...we hope to move forward on a new scale that shows you your relative place in the line. We need to test that it's accurate and then code it. But I wanted to respond to this issue as it is one of our priorities for good reason (see above comments).

iquanaDitty -- you can report positive feedback with this comment in the message area and I will manually switch all the points around.

Ahem....Excuse me everyone, but free trades are now active!

[quote name='GrayWolf323']I keep getting matched on Pokemon Fire Red every day for a week now to the point its just annoying me how the person on the other end never accepts and just lets it time out >_

> iquanaDitty -- you can report positive feedback with this comment in the message area and I will manually switch all the points around.

Done! Thanks very much, Goozex! I am extremely happy with your site, and now even more so!

[quote name='iguanaDitty']> Done! Thanks very much, Goozex! I am extremely happy with your site, and now even more so![/quote]

....and done....

happy to help...enjoy the free trades...

[quote name='ManChowder']this has been happening to me a lot more lately. It sucks to finally see one of my wants added then have to sit there as it times out again and again. I'm guessing maybe people are away at spring break?... although I'm having the same problem with a want that was just added.[/QUOTE]

yea I wonder about that, I get the impression people don't use the vacation mode in account settings like they should

Free trades!!! Thank you Goozex!!!:applause:

I am now matched with four different games, here's hoping a couple actually get completed. I'v ehad three games in the last few days that kept timing out, one of which I was matched to immediately after it was listed. I'm not sure why someone would list something then refuse to confirm it after being immediately matched.

It has to be spring break.:bomb:

I have four games I'm waiting to receive and stuck with one matched that I don't think the guy is responding >_<

so of course free trades kicks in now ^_^;;

[quote name='GrayWolf323']yea I wonder about that, I get the impression people don't use the vacation mode in account settings like they should[/QUOTE]

there needs to be 2 vaction modes.

1 for sending and 1 for gettting. THere are a few times that im too buzzy to send out games within 3 days but im still around to get them out of my mail box.

Just a question.

I finally got set with all but one of the games I was matched with. The last one, X-Men Legends 2(xbox), timed out and went into the second match cycle earlier this morning. The problem was that when I was re-matched to it the price jumped up 50 points to 250.
Now I know 50 points is not a huge deal but I was wondering if there is any way to cancel the match. Also if not, is there a way to know exactly when I was matched? I just needed to know when I needed to log on to cancel my request when this cycle times out.

I have a dumb que question. I have 3 games I'm matched for (all 3 should be mailed out by tommorow) and i'm at level 30 (meaning 3 matches). If all 3 of my matches are taken up, will I lose my place in line for a game I was matched for before I got matched for these? I was matched for Halo2 for like a week and it kept timing out and I'd hate to go to the bottom of the line to get these games on their way to me.

You don't lose your place, but you can't get matched if you don't have a free slot. So if the game does become available during the time when you have your slots full, you'll get passed up for it.

icruise- so when one of my games gets here in the next few days, as soon as I give feedback and close out the trade, I should jump back to #1 again, right?

okay I'm upset, someone listed Jade Empire for the PC, there were no other requests at the time so I made one and was matched

it timed out, then got matched again and it timed out yet again

and it just got traded to someone who just added it to their request list last night

feels like he purposefully ignored my requests

[quote name='ryoga79']icruise- so when one of my games gets here in the next few days, as soon as I give feedback and close out the trade, I should jump back to #1 again, right?[/QUOTE]
I believe so.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']okay I'm upset, someone listed Jade Empire for the PC, there were no other requests at the time so I made one and was matched

it timed out, then got matched again and it timed out yet again

and it just got traded to someone who just added it to their request list last night

feels like he purposefully ignored my requests[/QUOTE]

Did you remove it from your request list? In any case, it might not even be the same guy all those times. Could be that he matched several times and didn't do anything, so he was removed from the system and the person next in line with Jade Empire to trade got selected.

[quote name='icruise']Did you remove it from your request list? In any case, it might not even be the same guy all those times. Could be that he matched several times and didn't do anything, so he was removed from the system and the person next in line with Jade Empire to trade got selected.[/QUOTE]

nope never removed it, and also he was the first and as far as I can tell only person to list it as available, I was matched with him for it just hours after it becoming available even

[quote name='GrayWolf323']nope never removed it, and also he was the first and as far as I can tell only person to list it as available, I was matched with him for it just hours after it becoming available even[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with Burnout Revenge a couple of days ago.

[quote name='slidecage']there needs to be 2 vaction modes.

1 for sending and 1 for gettting. THere are a few times that im too buzzy to send out games within 3 days but im still around to get them out of my mail box.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would also like two trading region choices. I do not wish to mail games out of the US, but would accept them at times when I've got lots of points and have been waiting awhile to match for a game. I wish I could just turn on the other regions for receiving and see if I have any luck...

Hey Goozex... I have a bit of an issue. I've pm'd you and even tried the goozex email (0 replies for 2 emails to your site... not good) so I guess I'll throw it up on this forum and see if I can get any better response...

I was one of the "lucky" guys who shipped a game to hess123 in PA. Now I'm waiting on feedback for a guy you banned. I'd love to free up the send slot so I can ship out another game and take advantage of the free trade period, but its gonna be another 3 weeks before that transaction times out (I think that's how it works). How 'bout taking my word over the scammer's and just go ahead and count it as a positve trade and be done with it. Of course I'm not really much of a victim in this deal since I got the points and all, but its sucks to have to wait for the feedback. Creeps like hess can ruin the system for others who just want to trade and be happy.

Staerling

[quote name='crawl']I agree. I would also like two trading region choices. I do not wish to mail games out of the US, but would accept them at times when I've got lots of points and have been waiting awhile to match for a game. I wish I could just turn on the other regions for receiving and see if I have any luck...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure your proposal would be very fair to the other region. The option would have to read send me your games, but you can't have mine.

hey everyone....

let me get to those questions starting with the last first...

Staerling -- here is my original response on the PM:
"Re: Hi, I sent a game to a scammer.
Hi Staerling,

You should not worry about scammers as you've had one of the rare encounters with one. Unfortunately they exist on every site and please understand we work very hard to limit their damage -- that's also why you have the 100% guarantee on all trades.

As for tracking your packages that is up to you and your comfort level. 99% of our trades do not use that, but there are always a few that want to do that.

So I looked into your account and basically everything looks fine to me. You have had already 2 positive feedbacks, and one of the games you just sent is it a great goozex member. As for the other one, he may simply out of town or away from his computer for some reason.

You've also received a game and have another 2 on their way to you.

hope that helps!"

To specifically address the issue of hess, we of course will give you the benefit of the doubt. The problem is that we cannot force a trade to close. Our db is not designed to do that. That is also the case why we can't cancel trades easily.

What I have done instead is automatically boost your feedback score. You now are at 50 and open to a lot of trades.

Which email did you send to goozex? I just checked the feedback account and could not find an email regarding this issue.

ManChowder - we are working on speeding up the cycle time between sellers and this will take into account price changes.

ryoga79 - you never lose your place in the line unless you actually delete your request/offer and then put it back in. You can be skipped on the buyer side if you don't have enough points or trade credits. You can be skipped on the seller side if you don't committ to a trade (and then the system removes the game from your library). Btw, not a dumb question....

GrayWolf -- looked into the trading activity and there was one guy ahead of you who got the game. Basically what happened is the seller deleted the match with you for some reason, and the buyer ahead of you didn't have enough points at the time--so was skipped over to you. A few days pass...the seller puts it back up and by that time the buyer ahead of you had enough points for the game. The good news is that there is another seller who has the game on hold.

erock & magiic -- your point about not being fair to both regions is exactly the same as ours. Ideally we want to see open trading between US and Canada. There are some people on both sides that don't want to deal with the custom slip and slightly extra cost. This is a fair point and that's why it is an option.

The real benefit of trading between each country is simply because you can expand your library of games. You never know when somebody in Toronto will add that game you are first in line for and vice versa.

We have also seen a nice growth of users coming from Canada and that just means more games to get for all the American members.

[quote name='Goozex'] There are some people on both sides that don't want to deal with the custom slip and slightly extra cost.[/quote]
For Canadians however it is considerably cheaper to send games to the USA than the states. I can a game to the states for $3.17CAD but to send it to Canada will cost me between $5-10CAD to mail it within Canada depending where it is going.

Also I think a lot of people in the US think shipping is expensive to Canada. The games I get from the USA (which is 99% of the games I get) all costed $1.95USD to mail. So it isn't terribly expensive to mail here, and the customs form takes no more than 30 seconds to fill out, you can even get some from the post office and fill it out in advance.

[quote name='magiic']For Canadians however it is considerably cheaper to send games to the USA than the states. I can a game to the states for $3.17CAD but to send it to Canada will cost me between $5-10CAD to mail it within Canada depending where it is going.

Also I think a lot of people in the US think shipping is expensive to Canada. The games I get from the USA (which is 99% of the games I get) all costed $1.95USD to mail. So it isn't terribly expensive to mail here, and the customs form takes no more than 30 seconds to fill out, you can even get some from the post office and fill it out in advance.[/QUOTE]

I just sent one to majiic and it cost about 50 cents more than the games I send within the US. I just wish I could use the automated machine rather than stand in line.

For anyone in the USA who isn't keen on shipping to Canada because of the waiting in line thing you can always use the paypal shipping label printer thing found here.

I use it to ship all my packages international or domestic so I dont have to deal with the post office. I just print the label stick it on the bubble mailer and drop it in the mailbox. It takes care of the customs form and everything.

Thanks for the help, goozex. That really boosted my available send/ receive slots. I sent my emails to [email protected] if it helps.

and I'll be happy to send anyone up to canada if you want anything on my list :)

Staerling

[quote name='magiic']For anyone in the USA who isn't keen on shipping to Canada because of the waiting in line thing you can always use the paypal shipping label printer thing found here.

I use it to ship all my packages international or domestic so I dont have to deal with the post office. I just print the label stick it on the bubble mailer and drop it in the mailbox. It takes care of the customs form and everything.[/quote]
Actually, this may have changed since I tried it a month ago or so, but the cheapest shipping option using this Paypal form to send from USA to Canada was priced 8 bucks... I may have missed something, so if someone could clear that up, that'll be helpful!

I've spent half an hour thinking about the fairness comment of the trading regions, and I just can't see it that way. To me it's purely a decision of where I'll ship to, because on the receiving end the only difference is the amount of days the game takes to get here.

For some the only difference might be a slight cost difference in shipping, but not for me. It's time related. I can place a few stamps on a package and place it in the mailbox in front of the house. But to mail out of the states, it will take me more than an hour to get to the PO, wait in line, and then get home. That's assuming I can get there before they close.

This is just a market. People want either points or games. If you won't ship out of the US, you won't get as many points, so you can't get as many games, regardless of these regions. Seems fair to me.

If there was a way to say I'll ship international for games worth x points and up, that might be an idea. I'm not spending the time to ship a 100 point game to Canada.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, but I still disagree with the whole assessment of it. I love the site, having tried a few others that were a complete waste of time.

[quote name='magiic']For Canadians however it is considerably cheaper to send games to the USA than the states. I can a game to the states for $3.17CAD but to send it to Canada will cost me between $5-10CAD to mail it within Canada depending where it is going.

Also I think a lot of people in the US think shipping is expensive to Canada. The games I get from the USA (which is 99% of the games I get) all costed $1.95USD to mail. So it isn't terribly expensive to mail here, and the customs form takes no more than 30 seconds to fill out, you can even get some from the post office and fill it out in advance.[/QUOTE]

i just got my first game from canada and it was almost 4 bucks. LOL and i complain when it cost 2

haha ya it always agitates when people in the states complain about it costing like 2 or 3 to mail a game. Postal rates here are RIDICULOUS especially domestic, last game I sent to the east cost of Canada cost me like $10. To send Canada to the USA it's normally like $4 something but I get the small business rate because I use paypal to make my labels. I much prefer shipping to the states though. So much cheaper.

[quote name='magiic']For anyone in the USA who isn't keen on shipping to Canada because of the waiting in line thing you can always use the paypal shipping label printer thing found here.

I use it to ship all my packages international or domestic so I dont have to deal with the post office. I just print the label stick it on the bubble mailer and drop it in the mailbox. It takes care of the customs form and everything.[/QUOTE]

just checked that out and as far as I can tell for paypal shipping from U.S. to Canada they require a phone number for who your mailing it to :whistle2:/

[quote name='magiic']I know the form when I use it has a box for phone number but you dont have to put anything in it[/QUOTE]

well I'm not sure but the Phone Number didn't have optional underneath it

yea, i dont mind sending to canada if it's a regular dvd-case game or a ds game, etc...as long as the item is not much more than a ps2 game's weight, it should only cost about 1.50 us bucks

if it's any more heavier however, the price grows almost exponentially :O

i need help. My account name is samnap. I accidently sent my activation email to the wrong email address that i cant even access. Is there a way to have it resent to my correct email address [email protected]. Please h elp me Gooozex!!

Goozex - I sent a comment via your link on your site yesterday and haven't heard back. The user notified me that a game advertised as full package + accessory was actually just disc + accessory. The person messaged me minutes after the trade was accepted with notification.

I'd like this 500 point trade canceled and my points credited back, please, since there isn't an option to cancel a trade (out of fairness to both parties). The other trader hasn't responded yet and I'm afraid they'll send out the incomplete game soon. It seems to be a developing pattern as this user has sent out 2 games and 1 of them was misadvertised and reported as neutral.

My username on Goozex is the same here. Thanks!

First post here, just mailed out two games and should be receiving one soon. I met with the guys from Goozex and they are very cool. Hopefully, all will go well.

Goozex really needs to get the ball rolling on the trading of N64 and Super Nintendo games, aswell as other classic games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back