Got Ultimate Tier In Square/Enix Members! I get a FREE Ipod Touch!! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dinobot']Hi,

What was the method they shipped the items?

USPS or other carriers?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looking at my brother's set, it looks like they were shipped by USPS.

[quote name='conkwe']Looking at my brother's set, it looks like they were shipped by USPS.[/QUOTE]

Oh great! Thanks!

I was concerned about the carrier b/c I recently changed address. I did contact them about the change of address but was worried they might still send it to my old address. If it is with USPS, then it will be forwarded. :)

Thanks again!

Got my gold box today. Anyone get the iPod and wanna sell it? I was two games short of platinum last year and will NOT be making that mistake this year.

Pics of the gold box please? I'm waiting on everything still. I will prob sell the ipod, hopefully its engraved or something super cool, but I dunno if CAG is the place to sell premium items at premium prices.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']Got my gold box today. Anyone get the iPod and wanna sell it? I was two games short of platinum last year and will NOT be making that mistake this year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Arakias']Pics of the gold box please? I'm waiting on everything still. I will prob sell the ipod, hopefully its engraved or something super cool, but I dunno if CAG is the place to sell premium items at premium prices.[/QUOTE]

Yes Please put pictures up. I want to know what the soundtrack looks like :D

Hopefully mine is in the mail for me today... :)

oh man, I'm really hoping my Platinum status stuff arrives today. The blog last month made it sound like the only hold up was the Soundtrack Box, so here's hoping they've already gone out!

Woo, I received my iPod Touch and Gold Member box today! Dang, they weren't kidding when they said they were designing a special package for Gold members. This thing far exceeded my expectations.

pics please!! also Kirin, did you receive this in Japan or in the US? I only ask cause I wonder how long it will take to arrive. Where are they being mailed from?

[quote name='Arakias']pics please!! also Kirin, did you receive this in Japan or in the US? I only ask cause I wonder how long it will take to arrive. Where are they being mailed from?[/QUOTE]

United States. It was sent from Clear Lake, Minnesota, and I'm in Wisconsin, so it didn't have far to travel.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Woo, I received my iPod Touch and Gold Member box today! Dang, they weren't kidding when they said they were designing a special package for Gold members. This thing far exceeded my expectations.[/QUOTE]

Did the iPod have any special etching or anything like that on it?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']United States. It was sent from Clear Lake, Minnesota, and I'm in Wisconsin, so it didn't have far to travel.[/QUOTE]
sweet, I live just a few hours south of the IL/WI border, so I'm hoping I get mine tomorrow!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Did the iPod have any special etching or anything like that on it?[/QUOTE]

Yup! It has a fancy "Square-Enix Members" logo etched on the back, above the iPod logo.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup! It has a fancy "Square-Enix Members" logo etched on the back, above the iPod logo.[/QUOTE]

Wahh no way! And I was thinking about selling mine too. But since it's customized, I think I'll keep it. Can't wait to get mine.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup! It has a fancy "Square-Enix Members" logo etched on the back, above the iPod logo.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yes!! That is awesome :D

I cannot wait to get mine now :)

Wow, thanks for sharing Doomstink! Looking forward to getting that in my mailbox...

2rg1ija.jpg

[quote name='Arakias']Wow, thanks for sharing Doomstink! Looking forward to getting that in my mailbox...

[/QUOTE]

Me too!

Thanks Doomstink for the link. I was wondering how "pimped" these boxes that held up the rewards were. :D

Looks to be of high quality.

I neatly compiled the pics of the Square-Enix members' 2009 rewards for your viewing pleasure:

Postcards (BRONZE Tier)
Set of 3 containing glossy images of FFXIII, Star Ocean 4, and KH: 358/2 Days

[IMG-L=6521]17495[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]17496[/IMG-L]

Desktop Calendar (SILVER Tier)

[IMG-L=6521]17493[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]17494[/IMG-L]

Music CD in Special Packaging (GOLD Tier)
15 tracks from various Square-Enix games:
1. Run, Maggot, Run! - Final Fantasy XI - Wings of the Goddess
2. Stab the Sword of Justice - Star Ocean: Second Evolution
3. The Grand Duchy of Jeuno - Final Fantasy XI
4. Twister-Gang-Mix - Subarashiki Konosekai + The World Ends With You
5. Prelude / Final Fantasy II - Final Fantasy Remix
6. Hope - Dance of the Baying Hound - Sigma Harmonics
7. Dash de Chocobo - Chocobo Racing
8. Step into a New World - Infinite Undiscovery
9. Ray of Dark, Ray of Light - Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
10. The First Awakening - The Last Remnant
11. Battle - arrange - from Final Fantasy I - Dissidia Final Fantasy
12. The Witch, the Girl, and the Five Heroes - Odeka ke Chocobo (Original Arrangement)
13. Theme of Love - Final Fantasy IV
14. Main Theme - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
15. Sunny Place (Gallant Remix) - Star Ocean: The Last Hope

[IMG-L=6521]17499[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]17497[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]17498[/IMG-L]

8GB Apple IPOD Touch w/ Exclusive Engraving (ULTIMATE Tier)

[IMG-L=6521]17525[/IMG-L]

Kudos and credit to projectsaber.com, CAG member Vortextk, NeoGAF member Sallokin, and CAG member Doomstink. Congrats to all recipients!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zohar']Nice compile :D Someone should post a pic of the iPod soon..[/QUOTE]

Mine came today, so I'll take the honors. No one steal this image for their eBay auctions, please.

iPodSquareMembers.jpg

The iPod came in standard iPod packaging. Nothing special there so I didn't take a picture of it.

Just got mine today too. Noticed the iPod was 8GB -- which means it's the 2nd generation model :( Oh well, it's still a free iPod, lol.

[quote name='dinobot']did any1 find the game that was suppose to come with?

looked everywhere[/QUOTE]

I just got mine tonight. I looked all over for a code or anything talking about the free game. Nothing. It's not already on the iPod, I just got done getting most of my apps reinstalled. Anyone know how to redownload paid apps to another ipod? I've got a few that wouldn't say free from itunes on my computer. I haven't had a chance to mess with the ipod on it's own yet.

Looks like I got mine today, too - Whoo-hoo! (Haven't opened the box yet though). But that's strange about the free game. I was wondering how that would work. So there's really nothing on it, eh?

[quote name='Potatoeman']My god the gold box looks gorgeous. Im a sucker for cool looking packaging, though[/QUOTE]

Pictures don't do it justice. This thing is really cool. In the pictures the gold emblem on the front of the box appears to just be a foil sticker, but in actuality its a thick metal emblem. I'm really surprised at how cool this CD set is. I was initially more excited to be getting the iPod, but now I'm more excited about the CD.

I got my stuff, but my compilation box I got looks like one of the reject copies! There are so many flaws. There's a small crease and some scuff marks on the CD cover and insert. The red cardboard inside that holds the CD was slightly ripped. And the red band on one side of the box was glued on crooked! Geez. I want another one (hehe, I'm picky when it comes to any FF stuff). Hopefully a few will show up on eBay. :)

[quote name='Potatoeman']My god the gold box looks gorgeous. Im a sucker for cool looking packaging, though[/QUOTE]

Haha me too. I love nice packaging. The box is so nice!

Got mine today and it looks awesome.
I'm new to the whole iPod thing, so I don't know what to get at all. I'm so used to my phone having 3G so online is always on, but if I do anything on this iPod I need WiFi or a lot of the non-game apps are kind of useless. Or am I wrong in thinking that?

Wish I knew what was up with the free game. I don't really have any extra cash to start buying games.
Anybody have any good suggestions for free apps and games for a new iPod user?

All is well. Straight from the official square-enix blog (08/20/10) :

The Ultimate members: please note that the code to download the game of your choice will be emailed to the email address you had registered at the time you claimed the reward. The codes are being mailed out early next week, so look out for the email!

Please post in this thread once you receive your code in your email inbox. Thx, and enjoy the goods!

Any of you guys that received the ultimate tier items happen to live on the West Coast?

Man these prizes make the Nintendo club items look like crap.

[quote name='Ziv']I just got mine tonight. I looked all over for a code or anything talking about the free game. Nothing. It's not already on the iPod, I just got done getting most of my apps reinstalled. Anyone know how to redownload paid apps to another ipod? I've got a few that wouldn't say free from itunes on my computer. I haven't had a chance to mess with the ipod on it's own yet.[/QUOTE]

You just need to log into your iTunes account. It won't say it's free until AFTER you attempt to purchase it. Alternatively, you can just sync to your computer.

[quote name='jling84']Any of you guys that received the ultimate tier items happen to live on the West Coast?

Man these prizes make the Nintendo club items look like crap.[/QUOTE]

Me.

Yeah, Club Nintendo can officially eat a bag of dicks. I mean, last year's hat was nifty and all and an exclusive (pretty much) demo was meh. This year's statue is a lot nicer, but Square gave me a frickin iPod!
Thanks Square!

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yeah, Club Nintendo can officially eat a bag of dicks. I mean, last year's hat was nifty and all and an exclusive (pretty much) demo was meh. This year's statue is a lot nicer, but Square gave me a frickin iPod!
Thanks Square![/QUOTE]

Hats off to Square Enix for sure. I am glad ZxT (thanks!) created this thread or I would not have known of the Ultimate Tier rewards.

However, I doubt anything similar like this will happen again.

[quote name='dinobot']Hats off to Square Enix for sure. I am glad ZxT (thanks!) created this thread or I would not have known of the Ultimate Tier rewards.

However, I doubt anything similar like this will happen again.[/QUOTE]

I can see it already...
"2010 Gold Tier: Dragon Quest 10 sticker pack"
"2010 Ultimate Tier: Final Fantasy Pog Set"

I would LOVE to know how many Ipods were sent out, my brother's and mine arrived yesterday in Boston.

[quote name='dinobot']Hats off to Square Enix for sure. I am glad ZxT (thanks!) created this thread or I would not have known of the Ultimate Tier rewards.

You are welcome to anyone who found out due to me.

As for this happening again, personally I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen again.

I will be making a new thread for this year and trying to keep it up to date for you all. :)

That said I have an extra Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days registration code for :360:.

First one to post here requesting it will get it via PM. :D

I wouldn't say that. They really upped the ante on how many things you need to register this year. As it stands, Gold rank this year requires you to register 32 games, so Ultimate will probably require 40+ easily. I'm not even sure there are that many games between this year and last year combined.

[quote name='Doomstink']I wouldn't say that. They really upped the ante on how many things you need to register this year. As it stands, Gold rank this year requires you to register 32 games, so Ultimate will probably require 40+ easily. I'm not even sure there are that many games between this year and last year combined.[/QUOTE]

interesting, where did you get that info?

Yeah, where's that from? And would games from last year stack with this years if you already registered them? That's the only conceivable way to collect that many games... unless you create a new account and re-collect everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back