Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='MRJESUS925']These little quick mentioning of bands seems to bring along with it good conversation.

Who likes At The Gates?

started listening to them a few weeks ago and I've greatly enjoyed what I've heard so far. I'm starting with Slaughter of the Soul and moving my way backwards.[/quote]

They have some good recorded material, terrible live though. Only show I have ever left early.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I agree, but I like the solo.[/quote]

I thought the classical intro was great, rest of it was bland, don't remember the solo.

Thanks for posting that list. I didn't know about Metal Church.

[quote name='Blackout']Thanks for posting that list. I didn't know about Metal Church.[/quote]

I listened to an advanced copy, I remember thinking it was good. Most of the songs weren't actually on the album though, b-sides I believe.

I just finised downloading what I believe to be the retail version, I'll post impressions once I've heard it.

EDIT: Turned out to be the advanced copy I already had.

A Light in the Dark was a great album, so I'm expecting great things for the new release. Solid metal, not a bad track on the album from what I remember.

[quote name='Blackout']A Light in the Dark was a great album[/quote]

I've always been of the opinion that their self-titled was their best work, I've never understood why most believe that one is their best.

In other news, I just listened to Obituary upcoming EP, a good solid 20 minute listen.

I didn't mean to say that Light was their best work. I was just saying that it was a great album. No doubt the S/T is the best.

[quote name='Blackout']I didn't mean to say that Light was their best work. I was just saying that it was a great album. No doubt the S/T is the best.[/quote]

I understood. I was just going off a little, I get off on my own posts. \\:D/

[quote name='evanft']\m/METAL CHURCH\m/[/QUOTE]

That name always makes me think of their collaboration on a rendition of "Iron Man" from Sir Mix-a-Lot's album "SWASS."

Mix-a-Lot did some great stuff for the Seattle scene, you know. Somewhere I have an lp from The Accused that was released on his label.

My friend got some sick shots of King Buzzo at the Melvins show we went to last month:

melvins91.jpg

melvins61.jpg

October 28, 2008
Cynic - Traced In Air (Season Of Mist)
Enslaved - Vertebrae (Nuclear Blast)

All that matters, everything else is shit.

Seeing Carcass this Wednesday! Expect some good pictures and maybe a video from the show. I'll probably post the pics on this http://www.flickr.com/photos/30257218@N05/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking forward to the upcoming Cynic album. I'm hoping for less/none of those electronic vocals and longer song length. I absolutely love Textures but am always dissapointed at how short it is and amazing it could have been if they made it longer. I liked what I heard on the promo.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']I'm also looking forward to the upcoming Cynic album. I'm hoping for less/none of those electronic vocals and longer song length. I absolutely love Textures but am always dissapointed at how short it is and amazing it could have been if they made it longer. I liked what I heard on the promo.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky, you live in an area full of great technical-death metal bands. Have you ever been to the Trois-Rivières Metalfest?

[quote name='CrimGhost']You're lucky, you live in an area full of great technical-death metal bands. Have you ever been to the Trois-Rivières Metalfest?[/quote]

Never, didn't even know it existed :lol: I'm not much for tech-death anyway. I remember having near slept through Cryptopsy while standing at the gate. Testament shortly afterwards on the other hand was a different story...

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Never, didn't even know it existed :lol: I'm not much for tech-death anyway. I remember having near slept through Cryptopsy while standing at the gate. Testament shortly afterwards on the other hand was a different story...[/QUOTE]

Eh, Cryptopsy hasn't mattered in the last 10 years so I would of slept too. I mean bands like Quo Vadis, Obliveon, Martyr, and Augury.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Eh, Cryptopsy hasn't mattered in the last 10 years so I would of slept too. I mean bands like Quo Vadis, Obliveon, Martyr, and Augury.[/quote]

Honestly, I haven't payed much attention to the scene around here. I'm more of a classic metal kind of guy.

Speaking of which, I just ordered tickets to see Dismember. Augury happens to be opening for them so I'll get my first exposure to them then. Also to my pleasant surprise, Symbolic, the Death cover band formed of ex-Death members will be opening that show.:bouncy:

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Honestly, I haven't payed much attention to the scene around here. I'm more of a classic metal kind of guy.

Speaking of which, I just ordered tickets to see Dismember. Augury happens to be opening for them so I'll get my first exposure to them then. Also to my pleasant surprise, Symbolic, the Death cover band formed of ex-Death members will be opening that show.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Very awesome, you should really check out Obliveon, they're a technical thrash band from the 80s. I uploaded two of their albums here http://deathbyhanger.blogspot.com/2008/07/obliveon.html

Also, I don't think Symbolic is made up of ex-Death members, I think that was for a one-off show if I'm not mistaken?

[quote name='CrimGhost']Very awesome, you should really check out Obliveon, they're a technical thrash band from the 80s. I uploaded two of their albums here http://deathbyhanger.blogspot.com/2008/07/obliveon.html

Also, I don't think Symbolic is made up of ex-Death members, I think that was for a one-off show if I'm not mistaken?[/quote]

I remember something about them planning a "revolutionary" project, so it has to be for more than a show.

I'll check out Obliveon when I get the chance, I just have to go through one more band's discography.

[quote name='Blackout']Watchtower has the worst vocalist ever.[/QUOTE]

It takes some getting used to. I hate power vocals, but Watchtower is just fucking amazing. Ron Jarzombek rules, Steve Vai can go eat a dick.

Carcass was awesome, $30 for t-shirts...not awesome(I still bought 2 shirts, but still). I took some great pics and filmed some songs, I'll post them later today.

[quote name='shieryda']Looking forward to new Amon Amarth[/quote]

It has been leaked for awhile now, it's typical, solid, Amon Amarth.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']It has been leaked for awhile now, it's typical, solid, Amon Amarth.[/quote]

Well you just saved me another boring listen.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']What did they play, older stuff or Heartwork/Swansong shit?[/QUOTE]

Here's the setlist...

01. Intro Tape
02. Inpropagation
03. Buried Dreams
04. Intro Tape
05. Corporal Jigsore
06. Carnal Forge
07. Intro Tape
08. Incarnate Solvent Abuse
09. No Love Lost
10. Edge Of Darkness
11. This Mortal Coil
12. Embodiment
13. Intro Tape
14. Reek Of Putrefaction
15. Keep On Rotting
16. Genital Grinder
17. Rotten To The Gore
18. Death Certificate
19. Intro Tape
20. Exhume To Consume
21. Ruptured (Intro)
22. Heartwork
23. Carneous (Outro)

I think the setlist was fine, but I would have loved to hear classics such as Regurgitation of Giblets, Empathological Necroticism, and Excoriating Abdominal Emanation live. Great show by Carcass, I took 120 pictures of Carcass that night and 5 videos. Since it was in Baltimore, local boys Misery Index and Pig Destroyer were added to the opening lineup. Misery Index is boring, but Pig Destroyer was getting the place pumped, unfortunately they had to cut their set short because of the time. Out of the regular opening line up I'd say Rotten Sound was the only decent band, Aborted and 1349 were just hillariously bad. Suffocation was killer as usual, got the crowd ready for Carcass.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']So that is what... a 30-35 minute setlist?

;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, it did go by rather quick. I would really like to see them live again, but unless they pull an Atheist then that's out of the question.

[quote name='CrimGhost']It takes some getting used to. I hate power vocals, but Watchtower is just fucking amazing. Ron Jarzombek rules, Steve Vai can go eat a dick.[/quote]

Yeah they are a really good band. I'm just saying. Those vocals are horrid. I've listened to them for a couple of years and I still don't like them.

[quote name='CrimGhost']It takes some getting used to. I hate power vocals, but Watchtower is just fucking amazing. Ron Jarzombek rules, Steve Vai can go eat a dick.[/quote]

The first Watchtower record was Jason McMaster who later became the singer for Dangerous Toys (Remember them? 'Teasin' Pleasin' was their big hit)

I've been listening to COC's Wiseblood quite a bit lately, and I had forgotten how much I love that album. It seems like everyone I've ever talked to who like COC only like their stuff up until Deliverance. Most of the early stuff is good, but Wiseblood just does it for me on almost every track. I haven't really liked either of their last couple albums, although America's Volume Dealer had a few good songs.

Man, I would have liked to see Khanate live. Also, Celtic Frost's "Monotheist" album is fucking amazing, definitely a classic in the making, it's a shame those guys broke up...again.

Went to the record store today and picked up some new stuff. I got the new Motorhead, Toxic Holocaust, and I picked up Entombed's Wolverine Blues. I've heard great things about them but never really checked them out, so I figured what the hell. I also went to Hot Topic *pukes* to pick up the new Metallica. For only 5 bucks, I guess I can't go too wrong.

It's kinda funny cause there were two Metallica dorks buying the album there. One kid must have been like 14 and he had the whole look going for him: long hair, Metallica shirt,and....his mom by his side. It was also weird hearing Testament play in the store. They had Into the Pit playing, but not the version off New Order. It wasn't live either, sounded like a newer recording of it. Has Testament exploded or something recently? I never remembered Testament getting this "big" before, where you walk into Hot fuckin Topic and hear their music playing. They were always outside of the big 4 bands and never broke into that "mainstream" thrash like the rest of them did. Is it because of their new album or something? Or they just happened to be around again when people got interested in thrash again? When I left the place to go over to the record shop I heard 2 or 3 cars blasting the new Metallica. I also saw this dude walking over to the mall dressed in all denim (with a denim jacket). He had a big ass Megadeth Peace Sells patch on his back. The dude must have been like 50 or something. He looked pretty old.

I noticed that the new Judas Priest is out. Is it any good? It's a 2 disc so it cost 15 bucks at the place, so I didn't pick it up.

Edit: I've listened to the first couple of tracks of Death Magnetic. Now I'm not saying it's anything amazing, but for Metallica, it's pretty good. This is the best thing they've done since Justice. I never liked Black Album. I have no idea why they feel the need to do 6 minute plus songs but whatever. Lars still sucks complete ass, but Rubin must have worked a miracle with these guys or something. Now the album could go south by the end of it but so far it's not too bad. It's nowhere near on the level of Megadeth's U..A. but like I said, for Metallica, I'm pretty surprised.

New Suicidal Tendencies tour dates in case anyone is interested. I am definitely going to the Chicago show:

Wed/Nov-26 Phoenix, AZ Marquee Theatre
Fri/Nov-28 Denver, CO Gothic Theatre
Sat/Nov-29 Kansas City, MO Beaumont
Mon/Dec-01 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
Tue/Dec-02 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Theatre
Thu/Dec-04 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Fri/Dec-05 Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom
Sat/Dec-06 Baltimore, MD Sonar
Sun/Dec-07 Norfolk, VA Norva
Tue/Dec-09 Detroit, MI Majestic Theatre
Wed/Dec-10 Chicago, IL House Of Blues
Thu/Dec-11 Minneapolis, MN Station 4
Sat/Dec-13 Ft.
Collins, CO Aggie Theatre
Mon/Dec-15 Flagstaff, AZ Orpheum Theatre
Tue/Dec-16 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues

Last edited:
One of the videos I took at the Carcass show, haha you can hear me scream "YEAH!" at 1:16, I just love that solo. Also, I'll probably check out ST when they come to Baltimore, thanks for the tour dates Blackout.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TECkKKBQ8xA[/MEDIA]

[quote name='CrimGhost']Also, Celtic Frost's "Monotheist" album is fucking amazing, definitely a classic in the making[/quote]

I actually think it's their best.

[quote name='Blackout'] I picked up Entombed's Wolverine Blues. I've heard great things about them but never really checked them out, so I figured what the hell.[/quote]

Left Hand Path and Clandestine are classic.

Greatest. Guitar Tone. EVER.

[quote name='Bathory'][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKOR7HNLNg[/media]

I find this song so nostalgic to me.[/QUOTE]

Same, those albums are timeless. Also, check out Paul with the windmilling! This reminds me, when Cynic's new album comes out, I'm going to play it in its entirety on my show. I'm still trying to get Paul and Sean for an interview, might get Richard Christy too.

I dig the fact that you guys are talking about some quality bands like Metal Church and Entombed. You can count me as a fan too...

I was searching around the internets (as Georgie Bush would say) and I found an interesting band called Blood Ceremony. They seem to be a cross between Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath and Pentagram:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54091737

Its pretty much a doomy 60's vibe but I dig the flute..

bread's done
Back