Grand Theft Auto (GTA) IV Special Edition

[quote name='srad1968']That is silly, I pre-order any game that I feel is "must have". Who cares if the release date is solid? Hell I have seen dates change a week before the game is supposed to release. As long as you do reserves at a place where you can cancel your reserves (such as GS/EB) there is no risk in reserving early.

I reserved Rock Band early, and most stores stopped taking reserves about 2 weeks before the game came out. Lesson to be learned, reserve early.[/quote]

Yeah, I really don't see how the release date matters, especially when it comes to a game that you know is coming out. It isn't like GTAIV has any chance at all of being cancelled.

[quote name='srad1968']That is silly, I pre-order any game that I feel is "must have". Who cares if the release date is solid? Hell I have seen dates change a week before the game is supposed to release. As long as you do reserves at a place where you can cancel your reserves (such as GS/EB) there is no risk in reserving early.

I reserved Rock Band early, and most stores stopped taking reserves about 2 weeks before the game came out. Lesson to be learned, reserve early.[/QUOTE]

Guess I don't believe in giving interest free loans when I have no clue when the product will be delivered. This game is due out when? Which month?

Special edition's are a big rip-off. I'd rather spend the extra money on something useful like an accessory or buy more games. Save Your Money. I think I'll wait a bit for GTA IV hopefully it will be like alot of other recent games and hit a $49.99 or a $39.99 deal quickly after release.

[quote name='TC']Guess I don't believe in giving interest free loans when I have no clue when the product will be delivered. This game is due out when? Which month?[/quote]

Well I suppose you could just put your $5 in the savings account and let it accumulate 1 cent in interest. Guess you are smarter than the rest of us.

Yeah, first of all, how much interest do you think GameStop is going to make on $5? Do they have some financial wizards working for them? They know the secrets of making millions from $5? Also, if you pre-order online, you don't put money down, anyway. And you can still get it the day it is released without paying an extra dime, when and if they have a free overnight shipping deal.

I reserved Rock Band early, and most stores stopped taking reserves about 2 weeks before the game came out. Lesson to be learned, reserve early.[/quote]

I guess by this rationale, we should all order Duke Nukem Forever? They did say it's coming soon

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, first of all, how much interest do you think GameStop is going to make on $5? Do they have some financial wizards working for them? They know the secrets of making millions from $5? [/QUOTE]

GS/EB reported over four million preorders for Halo 3.

Just saying when a company cannot even give you a ballpark date on product delivery don't reward them.

[quote name='TC']GS/EB reported over four million preorders for Halo 3.

Just saying when a company cannot even give you a ballpark date on product delivery don't reward them.[/QUOTE]

You do realize Amazon doesn't charge for a pre-order, right?

[quote name='slickkill77']$90...wow When will it end. $170 for rock band. 100 for gh 3. 120 for H3 Legendary. Its rediculous[/quote]
yeah the prices are expensive, but these are all just premium skus that come with extra stuff you can still buy the REGULAR version at the regular price. Its not like the expensive CE, Bundles, Special Editions are the only versions offered

Rock Band - you can buy everything on its own or even just the game for $59.99, but if you want everything its better just to pay the $169.99

Guitar Hero III - $59.99 for just the game, and you can still used your Guitar Hero 2 guitar. If you want another guitar for 2 player co-op or just a wireless one then $99.99 ain't so bad.

Halo 3 Legendary - They also offered a CE for $69.99 also, or you can simply get the regular for $59.99 if you just want the game

GTA IV - Its not like you have to pay $89.99 to get the game, if you don't think the extra 30 dollars is worth it for all the junk you get with the SE then just get the regular version for $60.

[quote name='TC']GS/EB reported over four million preorders for Halo 3.

Just saying when a company cannot even give you a ballpark date on product delivery don't reward them.[/quote]

Well actually they do give you a "ballpark" date. However these dates are subject to change by the developers.

I pre-order for one reason. I want my games on time and I don't want the hassle of having to drive to the store only to find out that they didn't order enough product so they are out of stock. I also know that I always have the opportunity to change my mind (like in the case of Two Worlds, once I read the review I canceled my reserve) and get my money back. By pre-ordering I control the circumstances rather than allowing them to control me.

If you don't want to pre-order that is fine, but don't be an idiot and tell everyone else not to do it. Pre-orders are a way stores can gauge how many copies they need to order. Yes GS did have over 4 million preorders. That had a huge impact on the gaming industry and help make sure that plenty of copies were available. The massive pre-orders that took place on Halo 3 was the reason that there wasn't much of a shortage. This helped make sure that plenty of copies were manufactured and distributed.

Very true srad1968. Also, if a lot of people pre-order something, it's going to put pressure on the developers to get it out in time or else they'll lose the consumers interest + money.

do you guys think best buy or any other store would give you something extra such as a tee shirt or some shit like that if you preorder it? or what about having a midnight opening where they give you some shit like the halo release i take the point of the turok preorder. best buy is giving you a beanie while gamestop is offering a shirt. do you think this will happer to gta 4? otherwise ill just pick mine of amazon and save my gas and tax money for more games

I'm tempted but I think this one will end up getting discounted later like the Halo 3 LE and be at least $20 cheaper within 3 months

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Very true srad1968. Also, if a lot of people pre-order something, it's going to put pressure on the developers to get it out in time or else they'll lose the consumers interest + money.[/quote]

If Shigeru Miyamoto listened to his fans, then his games wouldnt be as good as they are. Let me give you a quote-

"A delayed game is evetually good, a bad game is bad forever" Shigeru Miyamoto

So while you may be right its not always smart

[quote name='slickkill77']If Shigeru Miyamoto listened to his fans, then his games wouldnt be as good as they are. Let me give you a quote-

"A delayed game is evetually good, a bad game is bad forever" Shigeru Miyamoto

So while you may be right its not always smart[/quote]

a delayed game isnt always eventually good....if that's the case then duke nukem forever will be the only game anyone ever plays again once it comes out

Duke Nukem is a different beast. Im refering to games like Gta, and Halo. They are continually delayed but they are eventually good. If you want a rushed game then go ahead and enjoy a rushed game. Id rather wait until it is polished

I think a better way to say it would be a delayed game CAN eventually be good, depending on the time and effort put into it, but a rushed bad game will be always bad. Just because you delay a game doesn't mean it will be good, even if it is from a big series, like a Halo or GTA.

[quote name='slickkill77']Duke Nukem is a different beast. Im refering to games like Gta, and Halo. They are continually delayed but they are eventually good. If you want a rushed game then go ahead and enjoy a rushed game. Id rather wait until it is polished[/quote]

Halo 3 still isnt good.

[quote name='srad1968']

I pre-order for one reason. I want my games on time and I don't want the hassle of having to drive to the store only to find out that they didn't order enough product so they are out of stock.

[/quote]
Just because you pre-order, doesn't mean you'll get it.
Stores run out of stock, either way.

Folks really shouldn't factor the halo 3 helmet edition price drops as being normal pricing behavior. That set was physically HUGE, so no retailer would want to sit on very many of them for very long...I think it takes up about the same shelf space as a 360 system. Also the hype level and the fact that MS wasn't out milk every dollar out of halo but rather to milk every penny of hype out Halo probably let them to make more than they should have of the legendary edition and MS probably wasn't too put out when they had to offer tons of unsold legendary editions to Amazon to sell for less than half of list price.

It is far more likely that Take 2 will be sensible and suss out the market and see how the pre orders are going for the LE, and then pick reasonable number to produce to ensure the limited edition sells out fairly quickly (along the lines of Bioshock (another Take 2 product) limited edition). Take 2 has had more than enough corporate problems without adding a ton of extra inventory with a special SKU that most stores will not want to bother to deal with. While publishers love the extra cash that LEs bring in, they need to be careful with the supply of them so they don't get burned with extra inventory that would be hard to move. MS with Halo 3 apparently didn't care all about that risk and just pumped out a ton of product with no real regard to its actual sell through rate.

Just a heads up to everyone, I got the GTAIV SE for $59.99 on Amazon and I DIDN'T order on or before January 3rd. I emailed them asking if I could get a price adjustment due to it being displayed as $59.99 on Jan. 3rd and, sure enough, they adjusted the price to $59.99!

I also jump on the sucker bandwagon and say that I am planning on picking up the SE. I like having the extras, not that any of it is usable, its more for show. Also, I'm a graphic designer so seeing concept art from games always interest me. I did buy the Halo 3 Legendary, Assassin's Creed LE, among others just for the stupid crap they throw in.

Got some games that I need to trade in and getting an extra 30% towards the reservation of GTA IV is nice to have. Whatever, I know I'm an idiot and a sucker for they advertising, but I'm supporting one of my favorite companies, so I really don't mind spending a little extra.

[quote name='Malice']Just a heads up to everyone, I got the GTAIV SE for $59.99 on Amazon and I DIDN'T order on or before January 3rd. I emailed them asking if I could get a price adjustment due to it being displayed as $59.99 on Jan. 3rd and, sure enough, they adjusted the price to $59.99![/quote]

if amazon is willing to adjust for most or all people, then they will all get it a that price too including me...

[quote name='sacreddoctor']can i use that license plate on a stolen vehicle?[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA you probaly were the only one to make me laugh on this Thread.....ahhh besides that guy who made a topic discussion about the wrong licence plate name at the Amazon site.

[quote name='TC']Guess I don't believe in giving interest free loans when I have no clue when the product will be delivered. This game is due out when? Which month?[/quote]

does it really matter? you know your going to buy it. (the regular one at least)
why not help support the store you shop at?

[quote name='spug21']does it really matter? you know your going to buy it. (the regular one at least)
why not help support the store you shop at?[/quote]
I don't wanna support Game Stop.
I almost never shop there.

[quote name='Malice']Just a heads up to everyone, I got the GTAIV SE for $59.99 on Amazon and I DIDN'T order on or before January 3rd. I emailed them asking if I could get a price adjustment due to it being displayed as $59.99 on Jan. 3rd and, sure enough, they adjusted the price to $59.99![/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered around January 8th and still got the price adjustment to $59.99. I didn't even demand anything in my email, just inquired about whether or not they could reduce the cost to the original pre-order price of $59.99 and they did it with no problems.

[quote name='Kendro']Thanks for the heads up. I ordered around January 8th and still got the price adjustment to $59.99. I didn't even demand anything in my email, just inquired about whether or not they could reduce the cost to the original pre-order price of $59.99 and they did it with no problems.[/quote]

Same here. Thanks Malice

^^^ Correct. Sometime on/around January 3rd, Amazon fucked up/suffered from a glitch that listed Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition at $59.99 instead of the regular $89.99.

So everyone who ordered on/or before January 3rd got the price adjusted to $59.99 due to the glitch/fuck up(not sure exactly which one it was).

But I ordered my copy of it on January 8th, 5 days after everyone got the discount. So I decided to give it a shot and sent them an email saying I saw/heard that people got the price adjusted on January 3rd and was wondering if I could get it adjusted due to their preorder policy.

Sure enough, they discounted me $30 and I'm getting GTAIV SE for $59.99. Give it a shot if you want and see if you can get the price adjusted even if you ordered it after the 3rd. You might just save $30.

Ordered mine like 20 minutes ago and I emailed them right after about the adjustment and I did get it for 59.99 woo woo. Thanks for the heads up

I'm pretty sure I got rejected, but I'm also having a hard time deciphering the what the hell they wrote to me:

As I’ve researched your order and found that you have not been charged for this order and the price which ever is available on website if at the time the price is reduced we will honor you with the reduced price.

[quote name='Malik112099']Why haven't they changed the damn plate yet?[/QUOTE]

Because there's nothing wrong with it?

[quote name='jschissl']I ordered mine yesterday and got the difference..[/QUOTE]

What did you say to them? I ordered it yesterday too and got rejected.

bread's done
Back