Grand Theft Auto (GTA) IV Special Edition

Thank you so much! I just ordered the PS3 version and sent an e-mail inquiring about receiving the difference.

I myself will be using the duffel bag every week since I travel back and forth between home and school on the weekends. Other than that it looks like it could hold the Rock Band drums too!

For those of you who received the $30 credit if you ordered the game recently, can you please let us other gamers know what exactly you emailed Amazon so that we may also get the discount.

Thanks

[quote name='jgiovanni']For those of you who received the $30 credit if you ordered the game recently, can you please let us other gamers know what exactly you emailed Amazon so that we may also get the discount.

Thanks[/quote]

Be creative and read what others have posted, you'll do just fine ;)

[quote name='seen']Be creative and read what others have posted, you'll do just fine ;)[/quote]

I sent an email saying pretty much what everyone else said and got denied.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Same here that is why I am asking[/QUOTE]

Same here also.

I'm sure it didn't help that whomever checked my account didn't have a full grasp of english based of what they wrote back to me.

Sweet I ordered it today, emailed five minutes after my order and got the price adjustment. Thanks to the people that suggested this!

Oh man, I pre-ordered this morning and emailed them expecting them to deny me, but I came home 5 minutes ago and got $30 off! I basically said:

1) Saw this price on/around the 3rd.
2) Researched on the net and found others have ordered it for $60.
3) Friend of mine just called and told me he ordered it for $60 back when it was that price.

Try some of those and hopefully you can get $30 off. Good luck!

I mentioned that I saw it dropped in price on/around January 3rd and mentioned that their Price Guarantee on the item page mentions that a lower price would be adjusted within 24 hours of the price being lowered. Said that I am still waiting for the price to be adjusted and have yet to see it and asked if they could adjust it as it has been several days since the price had changed and their system had not adjusted within the 24 hour period.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I mentioned that I saw it dropped in price on/around January 3rd and mentioned that their Price Guarantee on the item page mentions that a lower price would be adjusted within 24 hours of the price being lowered. Said that I am still waiting for the price to be adjusted and have yet to see it and asked if they could adjust it as it has been several days since the price had changed and their system had not adjusted within the 24 hour period.[/quote]

When did you preorder it from them? I preordered on the 7th so i dunno if this would work for me.

*edit* sent another email saying what tehLUEser said to say. Fingers crossed I get it.

[quote name='TehLUEser']Oh man, I pre-ordered this morning and emailed them expecting them to deny me, but I came home 5 minutes ago and got $30 off! I basically said:

1) Saw this price on/around the 3rd.
2) Researched on the net and found others have ordered it for $60.
3) Friend of mine just called and told me he ordered it for $60 back when it was that price.

Try some of those and hopefully you can get $30 off. Good luck![/quote]

I did that but got the following :

Thanks for writing to Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but I can't accommodate your request to honor this lower
price for "Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition".

If Amazon.com's price for an item decreases within 30 days after we
ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in
price if you contact us.

Unfortunately we are unable to honor the lower prices offered in our
website before you placed the order.

Please know that, in order to take advantage of our price guarantee,
you must place a qualifying order during the specified period, while
supplies last.

We are unable to apply our price guarantee to items ordered before
the order date. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any
inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com

Got the email he did.
*edit* my bad, the email I got says the price isnt that right now, and I must have been from another seller.
I do think it depends on who you get because they always seem to fuck up price adjustments for me, and I have to email again to get them.

i just wanted to thank everyone on this forum about the amazon discount heres the exact e mail that i got
Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

The discounts we offer on items on our web site do vary from time to
time. I've checked your order, and found that we currently offer a
greater discount on "Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition" than at
the time you placed your order.

Since this item has not yet shipped, I have adjusted the price to
reflect the current discounted price, $59.99. This is the price you
will be charged when the order ships.

On the date of shipment, you should receive an e-mail message
confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Got rejected. The reply I got said that it was another merchant that was offering it at that price and that they weren't gonna match it. I doubt it but does anybody have a screengrab of the 59.99 price.

[quote name='fieldkillah']When did you preorder it from them? I preordered on the 7th so i dunno if this would work for me.

*edit* sent another email saying what tehLUEser said to say. Fingers crossed I get it.[/QUOTE]

I've had my pre-order in since September 2007.

That might be why it worked when I referenced the pre-order price guarantee?

I just sent an email asking if I could switch my regular edition I had pre-ordered since December 24th to the Special Edition since they were both the same price on the Jan 3rd.

I don't expect this to go through, but I figured it was worth taking a shot at.

Ordered yesterday and sent an email a minute after I ordered. All I said was "I saw on January 3rd that the price of this game was $59.99, I was wondering if I could get the price changed. Thank you for your time."

I pre-ordered on Jan. 7th, checked this thread yesterday and saw people were getting the discount, so I emailed them this:

My friend ordered this item on Jan. 3rd at a price of $59.99. Per your pre-order price guarantee policy, can you adjust the price of this item on my account to match the promotional price of $59.99 as well?

I got an email back in a few hours saying the discount was applied.

I sent another e-mail... If I get shot down I may try to cancel and reorder once more and try a 3rd e-mail, If the 3rd time isn't a charm then no Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition from Amazon for me...

[quote name='seen']Some people need to learn no, mean NO![/quote]

That would be all fine and dandy if it was CONSISTENT !!! As you have read above some are getting the price match and some are not, I don't see how that is fair...

I wrote this:

Amazon,

I noticed that the price of the PS3 GTA IV: Special Edition was listed as $59.99 on January 3rd. Now the price is listed as $89.99. According to your pre-order policy, I am entitled to the lowest price. May I get credited the difference please?

Thank you,

And received this reply:

Thanks for writing to Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for all the misunderstanding this issue have caused you.

Please be informed that we are unable to honor a price that was advertised before you placed your order.

However according to our preorder policy If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the release date and after the order has been placed ,we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price.

Wah! Should I try again? Did I sound too demanding in my e-mail to Amazon?

I was surprised to see they did honor it for me. Though I thought it wouldnt go through took almost 24 hours for them to respond, most people are saying they answer you within a couple hours.

For those complaining about not getting it matched, on ordering it after the date - they have no reason to. Not only was it a mistake (which they rarely will match), the Pre-Order Price Guarantee only covers when it is cheaper after you ordered.

So this seems like a thread that should be closed - it's currently about finding clueless CSR reps.

I got the price match, FWIW, but I did order prior to January 3rd, so glitch or not they should honor it since it was made cheaper after I ordered.

[quote name='seen']deepdiscount had a mistake too?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was a mistake, or just a promo price, but it's at $88 now. This was back in November.

[quote name='PyroGamer']So stupid.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy this for $20 a couple months after release, like with Halo 3 Legendary.[/quote]

You can buy Halo 3 Legendary for $20? Where do you get your deals?

I ordered this morning and sent them a nice email saying:

I placed an order for Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition for the xbox 360. I saw the price of the item was $59.99 on your website on
January 3rd. Many people have ordered it for this lower price and I
am wondering if you could price adjust to the lowest price ($59.99)
your website offered for me. I am really looking forward to
receiving the game. Thank you!

I think it really depends on who reads your email sadly.

I saw this thread and placed my order on Jan 12. I sent an email on the 13th and they did a price adjustment for $59.99. WOOT WOOT

Wow...why was the price not in the thread here? I thought this was just a thread about the Special Edition, never knew it was $59.99 and looks like it is too late now.

Read the thread and try what others have tried. Many of us have had success.

[quote name='Vcize']Wow...why was the price not in the thread here? I thought this was just a thread about the Special Edition, never knew it was $59.99 and looks like it is too late now.[/quote]

Ordered the other day I tried and got denied (aka crappy CS clerk):

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video
game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest
price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order
and the release date.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items
sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other
sellers on our site.

I'd also like to offer an explanation of some of the considerations,
which have led us to adopt this policy.

There are several million items listed on our web site, some of
which have never been ordered from us and may not have been ordered
by any retailer for quite a while. This makes it impossible for us
to check the price of every item on a regular basis. We rely on the
data provided to us by our suppliers for any updates on the web
site.

Unfortunately, no matter how frequently we update the web site, we
can only make the changes if our suppliers have made them known. We
also use data from other sources for web site updates, but
occasionally this information is out-of-date or incorrect.

We make every effort to keep abreast of the changes in the status of
items, and we feel that having an online computerized catalog allows
us to update it more regularly.

We verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If an item's
correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower
amount and ship you the item. If an item's correct price is higher
than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact
you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify
you of such cancellation.

I've included some additional information below.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in
the near future.

Don't know if I should even bother e-mailing again.

I went and checked when i placed my order, it just so happens that i actually placed it that day jan 3rd. I didn't have the discount, so i e-mailed them about it. I've never been decline and a faithful amazon.com prime user. I'll tell you all how it goes. Wish I saw this post sooner.

Kinda off topic but if you've got any books on pre-order (even graphic novels) you can get 5% off, if you have an existing pre-order change you're ship method and switch it back, and the discount is applied

i got denied at first then emailed again saying I know others got this deal after the fact and if they couldnt to cancel my order. They emailed back saying they would. So try try again. If you fail cancel the order and order again and try on that one because any corresponding denials will be linked to the rejected order not the new one so you can have a fresh start.

^Thanks I'll try that.

I sent another e-mail yesterday and got denied again. The rep reinforced the previous decision to deny the price adjustment.

bread's done
Back