Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info (PS3) OUT NOW PS3 review score = 99.6%

I'm finally towards the end of the game myself. I got the phone call to start the last series of missions, but I decided to start doing the Assassin missions before that and check every friend to make sure I didn't miss any of theirs. Although, I do believe I haven't done all of the Brucie car grab missions yet and I never even started the Stevie ones, though I'm hoping you can do those after the end of the storyline, since they just seem like side missions anyway.

It's been a FUN ride and I played this for probably about 5-6 hours straight last night. Minus the few glitches I've run into and some of the screen freezing momentarily on the Pegorino missions(like the one where ya gotta save him from that deal gone wrong), I've had a blast with this game just like the other GTA games.

I have been neglecting everyone in my phonebook in the game in favor of doing the missions, though I used the 'call them back after scheduling an activity to cancel' trick so I don't lose any %'s with them. Although, I know after the end mission I'm choosing to do, ONE of them won't be available anymore soon after it.

[quote name='HuppSav']So this game only runs at 720p on my tv yet the back of the box says 1080p. I got MGS4 to run in 1080p so it's no my tv.:bouncy:[/quote]Did you uncheck all the other resolutions in the XMB?

[quote name='miker8']This is a repost from my other thread which was closed:

I recently completed the mission pest control which seems to be near the end of grand theft auto 4. Since then I have not received the phone call that is supposed to start the next mission. After several hours (real time not game time), calling everyone on Nico's phone and doing all side missions left, I am still stuck and unable to continue the story. After looking online I found out that this is likely a bug caused by the auto save and there is likely no solution. Since I was using the auto save I don't have any backup saves and was only able to find saves online for the bank mission and the very end. If anyone has a saved game closer to the pest control mission or any advice on how to get past this bug I could use your help.[/quote]

Damn what the hell? I never heard of this glitch before. Can someone explain it to me?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK.....here's a fine U.S. Senator spending your tax dollars to police something NOT officially present in GTAIV:

Connecticut senator looking for 'rape scene' in GTA IV: http://kotaku.com/5019716/connecticut-senator-searching-for-rape-scene-in-gta-iv

She has even proposed EVEN STRICTER labeling of games and their content. I guess idiots will believe anything they read on the internet.[/quote]
facepalmkh63597957969-iaza.gif

I beat the game last night.
I chose the revenge ending. How much money do you exactly get by completing the money mission?

[quote name='Blackout542']I beat the game last night.
I chose the revenge ending. How much money do you exactly get by completing the money mission?
[/quote]

The same amount. You just get the money earlier then you do in the revenge mission.

My one buddy beat the game the other night when I stopped by his families house, so I had already seen the ending(which I thought was anti-climatic), so I skipped it when I got to it.

Now I just need to figure out what to do next, go back to his families house, grab back my copy of Conan for PS3(decent God Of War clone if you ask me) or play my $15 copy of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

I attempted the mission Hating the Haters twice and failed the mission both times. I moved on to do other missions and now see that this mission is not available to me anymore. Anyone know what happened or how to get it back? I tried called Bernie, the guy that gave me the mission but I only get his answering machine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully, the disc version will be like the 360 one and allow you to play the episodes without needing GTA IV.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I don't feel like replacing my Hard Drive yet, but then... Wouldn't the disc version need a big ass install just like GTA IV? Did the disc versions actually play the games or just install data?

It's already available for well under $30 for 360, and while I understand the need to keep MSRP, I wouldn't pick this up until it was about $20 for the disc.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully, the disc version will be like the 360 one and allow you to play the episodes without needing GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

Thats already confirmed. For the disk bundle, you dont need to own GTA4. For the DLC, you do need it. Same as 360.

Also the price of these $40 games tend to drop fast. Just look at GOW:C; its already at $30. Sweet deal non the less.

Considering I've wanted to base jump in GTA IV for a while now, this will definitely be a day one purchase for me, especially since no one seems to want to grab my $260 in GS credit for 20% off.

What amazes me though is that Gamestop doesn't have a pre-order listing for it as of yet. It's weird, seeing as how they ALWAYS friggin' bug the shit out of you to 'preorder, preorder, preorder'.

bread's done
Back