Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='pimpinc333']I really don't think anyone has to pre order unless GS/EB is running some Pre Order Bonus. I expect there will be a ton avail. and it won't be sold out anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You probably are right but I want to make sure that I get the Collector's Edition with all the extras because I got to see the extras up close at a Gamestop yesterday. Plus, this way I don't have to pay for it all at once I can just keep finding cheap games to trade in to reduce the over all cost of it.

[quote name='TheRock88']Is the collector's edition available everywhere or just GS/GC?[/quote]

They got it at amazon.com so im assuming it would be available elsewhere as well.

however I preordered the special edition (first expensive special edition game ive ever bought) with the lockbox and all that crap, but i never got the License plate...its useless swag...but still, they said they only got one in and the manager took it for himself.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']from this point on, I don't think Saints Row 2 can hold a candle to GTAIV as much now.[/quote]

I dont think many games will be able to come close to the level of detail this game will have. Its going to make other ps3 and 360 "next gen" games seem last gen.

[quote name='joe2187']They got it at amazon.com so im assuming it would be available elsewhere as well.

however I preordered the special edition (first expensive special edition game ive ever bought) with the lockbox and all that crap, but i never got the License plate...its useless swag...but still, they said they only got one in and the manager took it for himself.[/quote]

What store already got their pre-order bonuses? As for the license plate...Amazon.com claims its exclusive to their store.
Amazon exclusive with Pre-order
Pre-order Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition and receive an Amazon.com exclusive license plate with your order. GTA IV Special Edition includes: Grand Theft Auto IV game, art book, soundtrack audio CD, Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys, and a Rockstar duffel bag. While supplies last.

Meh, I don't know all that stuff they have for the special edition just seems like a bunch of stuff they threw into a bag, literally.

[quote name='zewone']I still must be missing what GTA4 is doing that hasn't been done before?[/QUOTE]

The tiny details, the story, the characters...GTA does it all so fucking well. Not saying it HASN'T been done before, it's just really damn good at doing it.

Also, after that multiplayer news, it pretty much makes the 360 version a lock for me. I'll take playing with you guys using headsets over strangers on the PS3 anyday.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont think many games will be able to come close to the level of detail this game will have. Its going to make other ps3 and 360 "next gen" games seem last gen.[/QUOTE]

Well...I think the abundant PS2 ports on the other "next gen" system proved that it was "last gen".

GTA 4 looks awesome. I am going to wait and see what the DLC is though before I buy it as I am sure in a year or so a new version of GTA 4 will come out with all the DLC included on the disc.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll take playing with you guys using headsets over strangers on the PS3 anyday.[/quote]

Ahhh... $20 bucks says you regret and take back that statement after playing with Twenzor (and his trash talk).

[quote name='TheRock88']Is the collector's edition available everywhere or just GS/GC?[/QUOTE]

Target is taking pre-orders on the collector's edition for both versions.

I gotta say, I'm a little bit more interested in GTA now that I know that A) there will be a full-fledged multiplayer and B) there's gonna be a shit-ton of multiplayer modes. I'm still not at 100% positive first day purchase but I'm definitely on the fence.

Well, I changed my mind. After a disappointing trip to Gamestop yesterday (found out that Mass Effect only trades in for $17 so I kept it) I think I will just wait until the game is out and use my credit at Blockbuster/Gamerush to get the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='cdeener']Well, I changed my mind. After a disappointing trip to Gamestop yesterday (found out that Mass Effect only trades in for $17 so I kept it) I think I will just wait until the game is out and use my credit at Blockbuster/Gamerush to get the Collector's Edition.[/quote]

Mass Effect gets $35 at Gamerush

[quote name='help1']Am I the only person NOT interested in the collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

I'm not. I'm not big on any collectors edition. I got the Bioshock one and still kind of regret it.

Well, I just had a fun situation happen at my local Blockbuster. They do have GTA IV Xbox 360 & PS3 for Pre-order but when I asked about the Special Edition they told me that they weren't suppose to be getting it in so this might be a very limited run. It's in their system for you to pre-order either the Regular or Special Edition but I have to check back to see if they change to getting the Special Edition between today & April 29 when it comes out.

Also, found out if you do try to pre-order make sure if you are paying the whole thing off at one time that they don't state you are making a deposit otherwise they can't charge you the whole price at that time because now when I go to pick the game up I have to pay a $1.00 to pick it up but if they would have said no when prompted to it being a deposit my credit would have paid off the whole thing unless they change the shipment to actually get the Special Edition then I would have to add 30 more to it.

[quote name='anomynous']If the collector's edition was $70, I'd be all over it, but not at $90[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']I never get collector's editions. First they are collectable and second they are too expensive[/QUOTE]

I only buy them when there is something unique that comes with it. But, I normally would wait to get it after the hype has died down and the price has dropped. This is one of few games that I will do this for plus I never pay full price for games anyway so I'll probably be able to trade-in games that will total to about half the price of the Collector's Edition in actual cash so it doesn't hurt for me to get it. The games I traded in to get the Regular Edition only costs me about $30 cash.

All that stuff in the special edition only costs rockstar a few bucks to make in reality. Super cheap to make a CD, super cheap to make a cardboard book, super cheap to make a random lockbox, super cheap to make a bag. The thing that makes it appealing is that each item is unique.

again, all I want is the soundtrack but the internet will have it online as soon as the game comes out.

[quote name='mvp828']Damn am I ever glad that I preordered this from Liongames back when he had the deal for 42.99.[/quote]

So true MVP, so true:drool:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
again, all I want is the soundtrack but the internet will have it online as soon as the game comes out.[/quote]

That pretty much explains my thoughts on the collector's edition. It's really weird coming from me, since I normally hop all over them, but due to recent events in my life, the release of Brawl and RS:V2, and the fact that all I'm really after is a soundtrack, I'm going to have to pass on this. Besides, what in the world am I going to do with a safe deposit box and the bag besides toss'em in my closet?

[quote name='slickkill77']I never get collector's editions. First they arent collectable and second they are too expensive[/QUOTE]

Collectors editions are for collectors

But why though? These things have no value after 2 months? Games are the worst when it comes to holding value. Look at the Halo 3 collectors edition. From 150 to 90 to 60 in what 3 months? Plus this game will sell like crazy so a lot of people will have it therefore not collectable a waste of money

[quote name='slickkill77']But why though? These things have no value after 2 months? Games are the worst when it comes to holding value. Look at the Halo 3 collectors edition. From 150 to 90 to 60 in what 3 months? Plus this game will sell like crazy so a lot of people will have it therefore not collectable a waste of money[/QUOTE]

Look at the bioshock CE and the MGS3 Substance CE ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Look at the bioshock CE and the MGS3 Substance CE ;)[/QUOTE]

MGS3 Subsistance LE is in a different league. It was rare, and priced at 40$ (instantly was 150+ on ebay sealed). It was so rare only some preorders were filled at GS/EB and I don't even think major retailers carried it.

The CE for GTA4 is going to be common. Don't think it will be worth more then it's retail value plus shipping.

[quote name='slickkill77']But why though? These things have no value after 2 months? Games are the worst when it comes to holding value. Look at the Halo 3 collectors edition. From 150 to 90 to 60 in what 3 months? Plus this game will sell like crazy so a lot of people will have it therefore not collectable a waste of money[/QUOTE]
Collecting can have nothing to do with value. I collect lots of stuff that's worth very little.

I'm getting the CE, am I getting it in hopes that it's worth a ton of cash later? Nope, I just like the extra bullshit that comes with it.

[quote name='dave17']so do you think this will outsell halo3?[/QUOTE]

If the sales of previous GTA games are any indication, yeah, it's going to outsell Halo 3. Look up how much San Andreas sold on just the PS2, it's insane.

Plus Halo 3 isn't multiplatform.

All these multiplayer options are awesome, I didn't even consider the multiplayer and figured that it would just be an afterthought. Can't wait.

Don't know if anybody else saw this, but they're going to be releasing a 4th and final trailer, called "Good Lord, What are you doing?", AKA "Everyone's a rat" next Thursday (March 27th). Mark your calendars.

Also on the official site, they revealed 2 more radio stations and supposedly have audio clips from each of them (I haven't checked out the clips myself, but the news update mentioned them)

K109 The Studio- Disco Never Dies Hosted by DJ Karl
WKTT Talk Radio- We Know The Truth!

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=news

[quote name='mvp828']Ahhh... $20 bucks says you regret and take back that statement after playing with Twenzor (and his trash talk).[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? I don't even know who the fuck you are. And I don't trash talk.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For those that pre-ordered via Amazon, keep an eye on your inbox. I received a token for four GTA IV Gamer Pics.[/quote]

Wha....

*runs to check email*

Sweet...I got mine too!

header0.jpg

header1.jpg

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For those that pre-ordered via Amazon, keep an eye on your inbox. I received a token for four GTA IV Gamer Pics.[/quote]

wtf, I pre-ordered from Amazon and nothing yet. :(

[quote name='twen']Excuse me? I don't even know who the fuck you are. And I don't trash talk.[/quote]

1) It's a joke
2) I have played with you a lot on COD4
3) I wasn't referring to you trash talking, I was referring to your Xbox 360 Trash Talk (or whichever one you have)... "This man has no penis". :lol:

[quote name='mvp828']1) It's a joke
2) I have played with you a lot on COD4
3) I wasn't referring to you trash talking, I was referring to your Xbox 360 Trash Talk (or whichever one you have)... "This man has no penis". :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh okay...lol, I don't have a trash talk. That line isn't from me. I do the Elmo plastic doll (and imitate it cause I don't feel like grabbing it anymore) and just mock voices with my own body. You should see me get on the cam and do it lol.

PS Your name didn't sound familar to me, my apologies. rage linked me to your post and I was like wtf, so yeah, I'm sorry.

multiplayer is going to be fucking amazing!

[quote name='GTAForums.com']
* Belic means "Warlike"

* Times Squares big and covered in ads

* In DeathMatch its confined to an area on the map to keep the action intense

* In TeamDeath match four can sit in a helicopter/car, the non drives can shoot with any weapon they have, not just uzi/pistols

* MAFIYA WORK consists off you being given simply missions as a group and having to pull them off i.e. recruit people, doing hits or there favorite find and dispose of heads

* Team MAFIYA WORK is more competitive the Mafiya work but fundelmendaly the same thing

* Cops n Crooks consists of one player being assigned as the boss while the other robbers protect him from the cops, they must take him to a secure location before he is killed.

* Hangmans NOOSE is four players and consists of you having to protect Petrovic from the swat from the airport to a safe house

* Free Mode is like single player with mates . Go anywhere do anything

* On customisation the more you play the more you unlock so experienced players will have more items to choose from.

* Team Dethmatch is relentless, you cannot relax

* In HANGMANS NOOSE they tore down the runway in a baggage handler shooting at the SWAT- The writer said it was the funniest thing he has seen in a video game

* They saw an NPC tagging a shop wall and another ped taking photo's, peds now have a purpose

* they shot a rocket at the npc it destroyed the front of the shop leaving a hole in the wall and set the body flying through the area, eventually hitting the ground in a lifeless clump

* They played both versions Xbox and PS3 and said there's no difference (Kinda weird for Play magazine because they are usually really biased)

* Police have lines of sight so hding in alley ways and roofs is possible though you must still get out of the radius

* Rowing Boats are comfirmed as they used them to escape from the police after setting fire to hot dog stands

* Rockstar hinted at the amusmant park having loads to do within it[/quote]

bread's done
Back