Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Why would the gun on the bridge earn you 6-stars? Is there some backstory to that?[/quote]

If it is the barricaded bridge, it is because they thought he was a terrorist (and not the gun itself)... It is just like in San Andreas when you tried to escape to either of the two locked islands...

[quote name='spree4567']I don't have my copy yet as it's almost finals week and I don't want to screw myself over.

Has anyone with a Gold account entered the 1 month code? I've seen some people saying it adds a month and others saying it's starting the subscription over and it's only good for a month. Just wondering if it's a general free month for free or really only a trial. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Added a month for me

14CLiGJhbC83CBoEGlxTVkYyL2FjaC8wLzJDAAAAAOfn5-jmAF0=.jpg

Liberty City Minute
You finished the story in less than 30 hours.

:D :D :D

Final stats:

(Only hidden because it tells you the total number of missions)

62.50% overall completion
94 missions passed
28 missions failed
122 missions attempted
$856,723
0 times busted
3 times died
798 killed
24:20:43 total time
05:13:43 longest playing streak

Anxious to start it again for a 100% run and play it for real, I didn't even get Warm Coffee the first time around. Definitely not gonna rush though this playthrough.

Yeah, JohnQuincyAdams and I were messing around with the multiplayer, pretty much cleaning up and we both got dropped from the game.

The singleplayer is still pretty sweet though. I'm only 7% into the game though, so I've got a lot to look forward to.

I doubt I'll go for Liberty City Minute... it's not worth it for me to rush through the game on my first playthrough just for an achievement, I like to take my time and see everything there is to do. Hell, I think I'm over 10 hours in already and at like 14% done... so yea, there goes that achievement. Doesn't bother me at all though, what a dumb achievement, making people rush through their game.

I have to say big props to MS for Live not going down at all... I've done MP all day and it's worked great. I thought for sure it was going to buckle, even after all the PR saying they were prepared.

What the fuck, this is seriously starting to aggravate me. I haven't been able to get online once, since I bought this. I'll either:

a) Get to a loading screen, hear people talking, then get disconnected.
b) Get to a loading screen, hear nothing, then get disconnected.
c) Get to the game setup menu and wait for people to join, which they never do.
d) Get invited into a party where everybody else connects to the game except me.

What the fuck is going on? Everyone is online except for me. It can't be my connection, because COD4 and Gears connect flawlessly.

Help?! I really want to play online!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']What the fuck, this is seriously starting to aggravate me. I haven't been able to get online once, since I bought this. I'll either:

d) Get invited into a party where everybody else connects to the game except me.

What the fuck is going on? Everyone is online except for me. It can't be my connection, because COD4 and Gears connect flawlessly.

Help?! I really want to play online![/QUOTE]

Whats your NAT? Make sure you have an Open NAT Connection.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Whats your NAT? Make sure you have an Open NAT Connection.[/quote]

I don't know what NAT means, but I'm sure it's fine, considering all my other games are working properly.

How can i host my own game on gta 4 i go into party mode with friends then i pick a multiplayer mode and some other random guy is making all of the options?

what gives

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I don't know what NAT means, but I'm sure it's fine, considering all my other games are working properly.[/QUOTE]

Yea but it seems like you're the only person not connecting to Multi player right ;)

EDIT:

After reading the below post, I guess you're not the only one ;)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']What the fuck, this is seriously starting to aggravate me. I haven't been able to get online once, since I bought this. I'll either:

Help?! I really want to play online![/quote]

I've been having that alot and my NAT is open.

Help?! I really want to play online![/quote]I get this too. But I could actually connect, it just happens randomly sometimes

[quote name='yukine']
65645735gk9.jpg

Whaaa?[/quote]Haha, That kind of looked like my list except change Gripshift with Iron Man Demo.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I've been having that alot and my NAT is open.[/QUOTE]

same here... NAT is open but I get the same exact problems. mostly (ie. always) with ranked games... wtf? I wanna unlock stuff!!!

I've literally been trying to get into a game for the past two hours. In that time, I got into one, and was disconnected shortly thereafter.

What the fuck is wrong with this?! fuck!

Hmm... I just stopped playing about 20 minutes ago, and I had been playing MP for almost 3 hours with zero problems. Not even any lag.

Weird that some are having problems and others aren't. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Matt Young']We need to set up a weekly CAG GTA multiplayer night like we have for call of Duty 4. :)[/quote]

Tuesday is Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 night, I think, and Thursday is Call of Duty 4 night. Maybe Wednesday for a scheduled day?

In any event, I expect a lot of people to play Grand Theft Auto 4 for a long while. :D

Multiplayer wasn't too bad. After playing Call of Duty 4 for months it seems kind of clunky though. I'll probably be sticking to the single player for the most part of my GTA experience.

It may have just been that game of Mafiya Work that the guy set for $15,000 that went on FOREVER that killed it for me though. I stuck with it for nearly 45 minutes and the leading team only had $5800.

Lol I just ran over a bunch of civies and I have blood on my car and passed TWO cop cars and nothing. I hit the E brake and I do a U turn and hit a cop car I never saw behind me, beep bleep, fuck! Did you notice that if you tap Y you get out of your car but if you hold it you turn off your car and get out!? Sweet little details.

Oh BTW I almost did a backwards somersault with a Harley!^^

A guy was driving towards me in multiplayer, so I killed him by shooting through the windshield. The blood actually splattered around the bullet holes in the glass. Awesome.

[quote name='007']Hmm... I just stopped playing about 20 minutes ago, and I had been playing MP for almost 3 hours with zero problems. Not even any lag.

Weird that some are having problems and others aren't. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I havent had issues either.
Aside from people screaming into headsets like assholes.

But ALL my online games do that. :roll:

Had a blast with multi-player.
It took some getting use to though.
Now if I could just use Claymores and Martyrdom it would be perfect ;)

im on this one mission, this is probably a big part of the game so i wouldnt click unless youre pretty far.
but i have to save roman from the guys at the warehouse, fuckers keep coming from all over, and end up shooting this tanks that explode. so many people, its takin me a while. anyone beat it yet?

I'm 6+ hours into the single player and I'm not really having fun with this game. I appreciate the quality of the story and scope of the game, but the fact that I'm not really having fun has me noticing every single thing wrong with the game. I could easily type a full page just on the issues I've noticed so far. The biggest bummer is that I'm failing 33% of the missions I attempt and it always seems like I'm failing over stupid shit that isn't even my fault.

I wanted to finish up the single player story before going online, but I may have to change my mind because so far GTA is the biggest gameplay disappointment I've ever had with a game. Maybe the MP will change that.

[quote name='jkanownik']I'm 6+ hours into the single player and I'm not really having fun with this game. I appreciate the quality of the story and scope of the game, but the fact that I'm not really having fun has me noticing every single thing wrong with the game. I could easily type a full page just on the issues I've noticed so far. The biggest bummer is that I'm failing 33% of the missions I attempt and it always seems like I'm failing over stupid shit that isn't even my fault.

I wanted to finish up the single player story before going online, but I may have to change my mind because so far GTA is the biggest gameplay disappointment I've ever had with a game. Maybe the MP will change that.[/QUOTE]

i personally think the story is very good where im at. im about 10+ hours into it and its getting really good, stuff i wouldnt of expected. at first it seemed ti was repetitive but it got better i think atleast

[quote name='scrub0bk']i personally think the story is very good where im at. im about 10+ hours into it and its getting really good, stuff i wouldnt of expected. at first it seemed ti was repetitive but it got better i think atleast[/QUOTE]

I suggest going online. A majority of my play time is spent online. I just love the chaos and random stuff that occurs :) You will literally "lol" while you play online :). GTA RACE (with fire trucks) FTW!

Do you guys know where all of the bridges are that you have to fly under for the achievement? I only need one more and can't find the damn thing!

I honestly am lost about what to do right now. I'm pretty far in. Probably farther than 90% of the people who've played the game so far. So, I'll caution you with what I'm about to say so you'll know what you're in for.

I've unlocked every part of the city, and I'm on the last island. About 20 hours in, 54% game progress. I don't know how many story missions I have left to complete before I finish the story. I want to try and beat it in under 30 hours, but I feel if the progress thing is any indicator, that isn't going to happen.

For people wanting the one man army achievement, there will be a point in the story in which you can do it after a mission.
You get a chopper, go over the last piece of locked land, fly around, done.

[quote name='KingBroly']I honestly am lost about what to do right now. I'm pretty far in. Probably farther than 90% of the people who've played the game so far. So, I'll caution you with what I'm about to say so you'll know what you're in for.

I've unlocked every part of the city, and I'm on the last island. About 20 hours in, 54% game progress. I don't know how many story missions I have left to complete before I finish the story. I want to try and beat it in under 30 hours, but I feel if the progress thing is any indicator, that isn't going to happen.

For people wanting the one man army achievement, there will be a point in the story in which you can do it after a mission.
You get a chopper, go over the last piece of locked land, fly around, done.
[/QUOTE]

You don't get 100% complete for beating the story more like 60%. You'll be fine.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Do you guys know where all of the bridges are that you have to fly under for the achievement? I only need one more and can't find the damn thing![/QUOTE]

I had the same problem.

It's more like a freeway than a bridge and it doesn't count unless you go underneath a certain portion.

I'm guessing it's the same one for you because I and a lot of people were having trouble finding this last one.

It's going to be one on the left of this picture.

If I'm wrong, here's a map with all the bridges marked:

http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80341

[quote name='zewone']You don't get 100% complete for beating the story more like 60%. You'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a real life picture of the girl in your avatar. Someone here has it as their sig I believe. Who is she, and can I has vision plaze?!

[quote name='zewone']You don't get 100% complete for beating the story more like 60%. You'll be fine.[/quote]

Good to know I guess. I honestly feel like the game's story mode's been stretched the last 4-5 hours.

[quote name='janglypangly']I've seen a real life picture of the girl in your avatar. Someone here has it as their sig I believe. Who is she, and can I has vision plaze?![/quote]

jessica chobot... she works at ign.com and the picture your talking about is on her blog.

bread's done
Back