Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='xeno']who going to get their copy at a midnight launch today? i might[/quote]

I've never gone to any 'midnight launch' event before, and I really cant see myself ever going 'out of my way' to attend one....HOWEVER, I usually dont get home from my Monday nite bowling league til around 11:40ish anyway. Since I pre-ordered GTA4 @ and said Gamestop is on the way home *and* doing the midnite thing, YES, I do believe that I will be picking the game up tonight at midnight.

Still, I dont think I'll play it much till Wednesday anyway, but who knows, maybe I'll suddenly catch a 48hr virus *koff* *koff*:cool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Success! Received my tracking number...expected delivery tomorrow 4/29
:bow: Amazon![/quote]Congrats.

Still waiting for my Best Buy order to update the shipping info...said it was shipped Saturday...*might* get it tomorrow, expecting it on Wednesday though (my longest day).

[quote name='Rocko']YF360G shipping emails don't really mean the game has shipped. I'd say you're lucky if you get it by Friday.

I'm in the same boat you are.[/quote]

No.

[quote name='evanft']No.[/quote]

In my experience, YF360games is really slow with releases. I got Assassins Creed a week after release, and COD 4 1.5 weeks after release, and I preordered those two from them. I hope your experience is different, though.

well, I picked up my receipt. don't know if this is different between GS stores but you get a number. the sooner you come in to get your receipt the sooner you are in line to get your game at midnight. no waiting, so if you get to GS early for your receipt you wont have to wait long at midnight.

[quote name='hostyl1']I've never gone to any 'midnight launch' event before, and I really cant see myself ever going 'out of my way' to attend one....HOWEVER, I usually dont get home from my Monday nite bowling league til around 11:40ish anyway. Since I pre-ordered GTA4 @ and said Gamestop is on the way home *and* doing the midnite thing, YES, I do believe that I will be picking the game up tonight at midnight.

Still, I dont think I'll play it much till Wednesday anyway, but who knows, maybe I'll suddenly catch a 48hr virus *koff* *koff*:cool:[/quote]

hat halo 3's release, i was in line by 10 pm with JQA, and it only took us about 5 minutes to go through. but we were pretty close to the front. the later you get there, the longer it takes.

for H3, they had almost everyone pre-pay. so it was, go in, show recite, take game, and book it home.

[quote name='help1']In my experience, YF360games is really slow with releases. I got Assassins Creed a week after release, and COD 4 1.5 weeks after release, and I preordered those two from them. I hope your experience is different, though.[/quote]

Yeah, I've ordered 5 games from them. They've become MUCH faster lately, as in you order, and then it says shipped, and you get it all within a week. Plus, that's word directly from a guy from Trainn, who answered me directly "Yes." when I asked if the preorder had already been made and it was going to ship on Tuesday. He also posted to inform us that it looked like some were going out today, which is directly reflected by the website.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Success! Received my tracking number...expected delivery tomorrow 4/29 [/quote]

Wicked good! Finally got my email around 6:30 tonight, too. Was gettin' skeered.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So I've decided to get this game on the PS3...stupid decision or smart move?[/QUOTE]

The main factor is choosing what system you're going to play on is what system your friends will be playing on.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Smart move. See you online ;)[/QUOTE]

Sweet send me an invite man.

But see here's the thing...I'm scared of the servers being used on the PSN. When R6V2 first came out, it ran like shit on the PSN but flawlessly on the 360.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So I've decided to get this game on the PS3...stupid decision or smart move?[/quote]

If your friends are on the PS3, then stick with that. If you just prefer PSN over LIVE, stick with PS3.

Isn't there a PS3 thread related to people hooking up on the Playstation Network to play? I'm not trying to be a thread Nazi, but I think this thread should be strictly used for 360-related talk. Am I wrong?

[quote name='RudyPants']Isn't there a PS3 thread related to people hooking up on the Playstation Network to play? I'm not trying to be a thread Nazi, but I think this thread should be strictly used for 360-related talk. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Lots of PS3 only users, use the 360 forums (COD4, Rock Band, etc.) because the PS3's thread of that game is dead.

More discussion in the 360 forums.

Oh yeah, one of my major decision in getting the PS3 is because I have HDMI on my PS3 and VGA only on my 360.

[quote name='RudyPants']Post of the year.

Well, I had no idea that the PS3 forum was lame - I'll shut my mouth.:)[/QUOTE]

Why can't we all get along? We do in fact both own a PS3 and 360 so yeah :)

I'm surprised to see that so many are actually getting it on PS3, so I guess PS3 is getting more popular, can't wait till MGS4 that's what's probably going to make me buy one.

I think R* and/or MS should have at least teased the public with what the DLC would entail to generate more sales for the X360 at launch...maybe a teaser trailer or description would have been enough.

Believe it or not, I've read somewhere that Sam Houser (guy in charge of making GTA4 I guess) actually preferred the PS3 version.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Why can't we all get along? We do in fact both own a PS3 and 360 so yeah :)[/quote]

I also own both and didn't want to sound pissy - I just figured that PS3 talk would remain in the PS3 forum.

Anyway - so is there a GTA Clan going on right now that I'm not aware of or should somebody be in charge of starting one?

[quote name='RudyPants']I also own both and didn't want to sound pissy - I just figured that PS3 talk would remain in the PS3 forum.

Anyway - so is there a GTA Clan going on right now that I'm not aware of or should somebody be in charge of starting one?[/quote]

I started one a while ago at CAG GTA4

Man, this night at work is going to drag. I'm done at 5:30 a.m., over to a Walmart that opens at 6:00 a.m. to get the game, then home to (attempt to) sleep for a few hours before firing it up.

To all you guys who have already been playing this since last week, I think I hate you a little bit. :lol:

For people going to the midnight launch at EBgames or Gamestop tonight....

They started "ringing up" at 6pm.
This means you can actually BUY the game, hold onto the receipt, and show up at 12 to get it. What does this mean? They will have 2 lines. 1 line for people who have already purchased, and 1 for people paying off the rest at midnight.

If you ring up before 11, you can walk in and hand them the slip, and just get the game handed off to you (first line). Line 2 will be the waiting line.

At the store here (south Chicago area) there's no "festivities" of any kind or contests. As a matter o' fact, I was told that I was the FIRST to pay in full and say i'd actually be there at 12. But people started calling right after I rung up to ask.

And pre-orders were apparently sold out.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']For people going to the midnight launch at EBgames or Gamestop tonight....

This means you can actually BUY the game, hold onto the receipt, and show up at 12 to get it. What does this mean? They will have 2 lines. 1 line for people who have already purchased, and 1 for people paying off the rest at midnight.

If you ring up before 11, you can walk in and hand them the slip, and just get the game handed off to you (first line). Line 2 will be the waiting line.

At the store here (south Chicago area) there's no "festivities" of any kind or contests. As a matter o' fact, I was told that I was the FIRST to pay in full and say i'd actually be there at 12. But people started calling right after I rung up to ask.

And pre-orders were apparently sold out.[/quote]

Good to know. Maybe I can actually just show up about 12:15 and grab my copy and not have to freeze my balls off waiting in line.

[quote name='RudyPants']Good to know. Maybe I can actually just show up about 12:15 and grab my copy and not have to freeze my balls off waiting in line.[/quote]

The nitwit that runs my local Gamestop informed me today that he's "locking up and going home at 12:15". You may want to make sure yours isn't operating the same way.

[quote name='joe2187']Is that sarcasm i detect?[/quote]

Not at all,Im getting it for PS3 since my *second* 360 is on the verge of dieing and as soon as FIFA09 comes out I see close to no reason why I should own it anymore (I got 08 on it and not PS3, but thats a different topic)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Sweet send me an invite man.

But see here's the thing...I'm scared of the servers being used on the PSN. When R6V2 first came out, it ran like shit on the PSN but flawlessly on the 360.[/quote]

Will do later tonight. And GTA4 > R6V2, they can't let a game of this high profile have shit servers, I'm not worried at all.

*edit

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']For people going to the midnight launch at EBgames or Gamestop tonight....

[/QUOTE]

Is "ringing up" after 6pm the same as just putting the full amount down at the time I pre-ordered it? I actually pre-ordered from GameStop at about 3:30 today and put the full price down. Should that mean I can go to line #1?

Hey mods, could we possibly lock this thread, as it is already at 93 pages and the damn game isn't even out yet?

I think a new start for when the game actually comes out would make things more organized.

[quote name='help1']Hey mods, could we possibly lock this thread, as it is already at 93 pages and the damn game isn't even out yet?

I think a new start for when the game actually comes out would make things more organized.[/quote]
That's a good idea.

[quote name='admanimal']Is "ringing up" after 6pm the same as just putting the full amount down at the time I pre-ordered it? I actually pre-ordered from GameStop at about 3:30 today and put the full price down. Should that mean I can go to line #1?[/QUOTE]

no. I paid full a month ago and showed up today to get my "purchased" receipt. I got to be lucky number 8 of the people who have to wait for their copy. go get it now.

[quote name='help1']Hey mods, could we possibly lock this thread, as it is already at 93 pages and the damn game isn't even out yet?

I think a new start for when the game actually comes out would make things more organized.[/quote]

Did they do the same with the Halo 3 and COD4 threads?

argh....I forgot how awful my gamecrazy is about midnight sales. They don't separate those who still owe and those who have paid it off. They only have one or two cashiers, and ask people if they want the guide when the get up to the counter, and they allow people to trade-in games at midnight. I was number 17 for smash bros and it sersiously took a half an hour just to get to me....

[quote name='SynGamer']Did they do the same with the Halo 3 and COD4 threads?[/quote]

Dont' remember, but they did something similar with Gears of War, IIRC.

Just got my 'purchased' receipt. If anyone wants to jump online right at midnight and forsake the SP for now (I know I have to thanks to finals) my GT is Megaten.

bread's done
Back