Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='DonRamon']Aw damn, how can Blood Dragon be EU only, if anybody wants to grab it for me, please message for payment details.[/QUOTE]

Go to the trade thread and get Blood Dragon for like $5. It's Uplay only but the GMG version would be Uplay only as well.

[quote name='asheskitty']Oh why? Oh why?

...now I'm considering Dogfight 1942 @ $2 (Steam) ... it looks decent and is nearly half it's previous best sale..[/QUOTE]

I actually picked up Dogfight 1942, and if it weren't for the absolutely crappy frame-rate it might be fun. And I have a top-of-the-line system (i7, 32GB RAM, 680GTX). Frustrating as heck. Doesn't make a difference if I run it in 1280x720 or 2560x1440 - same frame-rate. It just chugs flying over land or if there's any enemies nearby. Very weird. It chugged even during take-off during the tutorial mission.

No idea what's going on..

*EDIT*

OK figured it out. It's the tutorial overlays (telling you how to shoot planes and take off etc). Whenever they show up on screen, the frame-rate takes a crap. Weird.

Weird indeed.

From reading around seems to be a downloadable 360 game that has middling reviews. It's okay at it's core, flying is arcade-satisfying, dog-fights are EZ-mode. Complaints center around it not defining its self in any way. Ground textures are low rez up close, and of course it plays better with controller than KB/M. Campaign is 3.5 hours.

[quote name='Izod517']I've probably paid more for worse with that description...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most of the reviews were centered around the $10 price point too, I think. What I'm interested in is, it is a broken pile of ...

Also some console peasants were annoyed with $10 DLC a week after it launched.

I actually think it's pretty fun. I picked up both DLC for $0.60 x 2. You even get to fly the IL2 in the Russian campaign, which is a win for me. :D

[quote name='WilliamG']I actually think it's pretty fun. I picked up both DLC for $0.60 x 2. You even get to fly the IL2 in the Russian campaign, which is a win for me. :D[/QUOTE]

^_^ Glad to hear, I'm thinking I'll pick it up by tomorrow morning.

Yeah it's by no means an awe-inspiring game, but it's a load of fun for sure. Pure arcade fun, and for a few bucks who can complain?

Damnit, can't get the 20% coupon to apply to Skyrim DLC.

I know it'll be cheaper when Skyrim GOTY comes out but I recently just started playing Skyrim again so I really want to check it out, why do you fail me GMG, WHY?!

[quote name='DonaldBlank']Dont want to sound like mr analpants[/QUOTE]
Ass-less%20chaps.jpg

[quote name='DonaldBlank']Does Dogfighter 1942 have first person view?

Dont want to sound like mr analpants, but I prefer those games in first person[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

And for those complaining it doesn't play well with the kb/mouse, all I have to say is LOL.

Seriously, I really don't understand those PC gamers who refuse to use a game controller and bitch about the controls on a keyboard/mouse. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :D I understand some games work better with a keyboard/mouse, but it's time to wake up and realize that some games are just about unplayable without a gamepad.

[quote name='WilliamG']And for those complaining it doesn't play well with the kb/mouse, all I have to say is LOL.

Seriously, I really don't understand those PC gamers who refuse to use a game controller and bitch about the controls on a keyboard/mouse. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :D I understand some games work better with a keyboard/mouse, but it's time to wake up and realize that some games are just about unplayable without a gamepad.[/QUOTE]

unless they specifically state otherwise on the packaging (printed on the front of the box / at the top of the description on the store page,) I believe that all PC games should be playable with a keyboard and/or mouse. Maybe not as well as with a controller, wheel, etc. - but still playable.

The reason? Keyboard and mouse is the default control method for a PC, just like a controller is for a console.

Buying a PC game only to find that it's unplayable with KB+M is like buying a console game which, once you start your console, tells you to plug in some peripheral to proceed. If you don't own that peripheral, you'll most likely be annoyed that you have to buy something extra - that wasn't mentioned on the box - to play your game. That's exactly how some PC games feel when they buy PC games that are unplayable with KB+M.

tl;dr: PC games should all be playable with KB+M (but a lesser experience is OK) unless the controller, etc. requirement is explicitly specified on the box/store page. Otherwise, it's like a console game requiring a peripheral and only telling you when you start the console.

[quote name='WilliamG']I don't think so.

And for those complaining it doesn't play well with the kb/mouse, all I have to say is LOL.

Seriously, I really don't understand those PC gamers who refuse to use a game controller and bitch about the controls on a keyboard/mouse. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :D I understand some games work better with a keyboard/mouse, but it's time to wake up and realize that some games are just about unplayable without a gamepad.[/QUOTE]

[sarcasm]
But, but - I always wanted to try the Mortal Kombat games & Street Fighter games w/ a KB/mouse.... ;)
Same goes for Tony Hawk games & Res Evil 4... ;)
[/sarcasm]

[quote name='MysterD'][sarcasm]
But, but - I always wanted to try the Mortal Kombat games & Street Fighter games w/ a KB/mouse.... ;)
Same goes for Tony Hawk games & Res Evil 4... ;)
[/sarcasm][/QUOTE]

And twin stick shooters
Racing games are so much better with binary gas and brake controls...

Sheesh the expectations of some people ... Low end xbix games with low end PC ports.... Whadaya expect?

[quote name='asheskitty']And twin stick shooters
Racing games are so much better with binary gas and brake controls...

Sheesh the expectations of some people ... Low end xbix games with low end PC ports.... Whadaya expect?[/QUOTE]

[sarcasm]
I always wanted to play a complex strategy game w/ a gamepad, too... ;)
[/sarcasm]

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Just grabbed Mars: War Logs for $16 on GMG. Not very cheapass of me, seeing as how its an Indie game and will likely be in a bundle in a matter of months, but it looks really appealing to me, so seems worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've been looking at it too. It looks great and has some positive feedback on the GOG forums. GG has it for the same price if you have the 20% off. I've convinced myself to play Space Rangers and Star Wolves instead, but this game is definitely on my radar.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Damn, that Mars game looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zeno']Wow Mars does look really good, wasn't even on my radar either.[/QUOTE]

Consider me WAY late to THIS party!

Just noticed this game (Mars: War Logs) on RPGWatch w/ some reviews linked there. Had to start digging around on the Net.
How the hell did this fly below my radar?
{eyebrow raised}

Gonna have to keep my eyes open for it in upcoming sales.

B/t this Mars: WL and Remember Me, we might on our hands on some Sleeper Hits this year...

[quote name='The End']Could be worse. You could have just bought Rail Cargo Simulator.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Don't forget the fan faves: Woodcutting Simulator 2013 and Tiefbau Simulator[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I'm waiting for the pencil-sharpening simulator.

Side-note: Euro Truck Simulator 2 is absolutely awesome. I had a heart-stopping moment where I entered a roundabout a little hot and nearly lost my load.

That came out wrong, but my heart was in my mouth. At a roundabout (wtf?!).

Truck-driving simulation. Technically a lorry-driving simulation.

I love it. What is wrong with me, exactly?

[quote name='WilliamG']Seriously. I'm waiting for the pencil-sharpening simulator.

Side-note: Euro Truck Simulator 2 is absolutely awesome. I had a heart-stopping moment where I entered a roundabout a little hot and nearly lost my load.

That came out wrong, but my heart was in my mouth. At a roundabout (wtf?!).

Truck-driving simulation. Technically a lorry-driving simulation.

I love it. What is wrong with me, exactly?[/QUOTE]

I've played the first one extensively, but it's not great, just so so. I am boycotting ETS2 until it hits a bundle or around $3. The devs ignored my emails about getting Steam keys for ETS1 once it was greenlit so they won't be getting much more of my money.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've played the first one extensively, but it's not great, just so so. I am boycotting ETS2 until it hits a bundle or around $3. The devs ignored my emails about getting Steam keys for ETS1 once it was greenlit so they won't be getting much more of my money.[/QUOTE]

Well you're missing out. This is an addiction. :)

[quote name='MysterD']Just noticed this game (Mars: War Logs) on RPGWatch w/ some reviews linked there. Had to start digging around on the Net. How the hell did this fly below my radar?[/QUOTE]

I've seen some stuff that has said it's got horrible voice acting, and feels stiff, but otherwise it's decent. I'll consider it at $5.

[quote name='Izod517']I've seen some stuff that has said it's got horrible voice acting, and feels stiff, but otherwise it's decent. I'll consider it at $5.[/QUOTE]

Divine Divinity had some not-so-hot voice-acting, as well....
{shrug}

Yeah, at $5 - sure, I'll definitely be interested in Mars: War Logs. :D

[quote name='MysterD']Divine Divinity had some not-so-hot voice-acting, as well....
{shrug}

Yeah, at $5 - sure, I'll definitely be interested in Mars: War Logs. :D[/QUOTE]
Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of the Clans

Holy fuel, that game had the best voice acting ever.

So I'm about an hour and a half into Mars: War logs and really enjoying it. The character movement is kinda clunky and hard to get used to (i'm using a 360 gamepad) but after a little bit It feels pretty comfortable. The dialog is pretty stiff as well but I found the story and combat, and atmosphere to be pretty good so far. It kinda reminds me of a low budget Witcher, or very low budget Mass Effect if it had less dialog and focused on melee combat.

I do suggest that anyone who plays it and is confused about some of the story reads the War Logs section in the journal as it helped fill in some of the story for me that I hadnt been paying attention to

edit. I did forget to mention that some of the loading times are really long. I dont have this installed to my ssd, but I'd recommend you do so as a few loading screens so far have been around a minute or so

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']The character movement is kinda clunky and hard to get used to (i'm using a 360 gamepad) but after a little bit It feels pretty comfortable.[/QUOTE]

Is it clunky because your character actually takes steps, sort of like in Dead Space or is it just clunky because it's clunky? I really like it when the characters seem grounded to the level, not like they're floating or sliding around.

Anyone know if the Metro: Last Light on GMG is the same "Limited Edition" pre-order as on Steam or GamersGate? They don't explicitly list the extra guns, ammo, etc. (Edit: It is)

Was hoping to see more deals on this but, in the absence of that, deciding between 25% off GMG or 20% off GG w/ bonuses if they're not the same edition.

Edit: Whoops, they must have expanded their description since I last looked. Yes, it's the same Limited Edition.

I'm kinda stunned how Snajper Elite V2's prices have held steady.

Giana Sisters -- great platformer (with AAA visuals and soundtrack) ... but it was $5.09 on the steam winter sale.

I played through the first mission/campaign/stage of DLC Quest and I enjoyed it. It's not laugh out loud funny but it has it's moments. I got it as part of the Indie Royale bundle, but for a dollar and a quarter you can't really go wrong.

DLC Quest its only $1 if you use the discount code

anyone here know if the Sniper Elite V2 dlc is any good, I know the kill hitler dlc has been praised by a few cags but what about the others?

[quote name='seamoss']So, is DLC Quest as funny as it thinks it is?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zenii']I played through the first mission/campaign/stage of DLC Quest and I enjoyed it. It's not laugh out loud funny but it has it's moments. I got it as part of the Indie Royale bundle, but for a dollar and a quarter you can't really go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it only one mission/stage? Takes about 5 minutes to beat the game once, then you can buy DLC in-game for the real ending and beat it again. It's always been $1 on XBL.

It's not really very funny. It's low budget and satirical with an unexpected ending, though.

[quote name='Blade']Isn't it only one mission/stage? Takes about 5 minutes to beat the game once, then you can buy DLC in-game for the real ending and beat it again. It's always been $1 on XBL.

It's not really very funny. It's low budget and satirical with an unexpected ending, though.[/QUOTE]
Well, now no one needs to play it. Blade spoiled the punchline.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, now no one needs to play it. Blade spoiled the punchline.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I didn't say how it ends. Just that the real ending is DLC, which you'd already have assumed after buying DLC for music and the ability to move left.

bread's done
Back