Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='zenii']Is it just me or is Hitman Absolution not being discounted at all? Says "save 66%" but the price is $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the sale price either.

With how reluctant the publisher (I'm assuming) has been to allow discounts on Bioshock Infinite, this finally made me bite cause I'm beginning to assume I won't see better.

How good are the PC versions of Mass Effect 1,2 and 3? I have been out of the PC scene for about 7 years now and just recently got a gaming PC and that collection for $30 seems like a great deal.

[quote name='styl3s']How good are the PC versions of Mass Effect 1,2 and 3? I have been out of the PC scene for about 7 years now and just recently got a gaming PC and that collection for $30 seems like a great deal.[/QUOTE]

They're good ports from what I've heard but for some reason lack controller support.

The PC versions play much better imo without a controller. The interface was made for m+KB. Especially 1, then 2 kinda less so and as the series went on of course it got more consolish.

[quote name='styl3s']How good are the PC versions of Mass Effect 1,2 and 3? I have been out of the PC scene for about 7 years now and just recently got a gaming PC and that collection for $30 seems like a great deal.[/QUOTE]

They all run very well on PC. The $30 collection is a good deal, but you might be able to find them a little cheaper a la carte if you're willing to wait a while. The convenience of having the entire trilogy all at once is nice to have, though.

Does the collection come with the Deluxe Editions of ME2 and ME3? Each of those gives you some story DLC that can be a bit pricey a la carte that you don't get with the base versions of the game.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']They all run very well on PC. The $30 collection is a good deal, but you might be able to find them a little cheaper a la carte if you're willing to wait a while. The convenience of having the entire trilogy all at once is nice to have, though.

Does the collection come with the Deluxe Editions of ME2 and ME3? Each of those gives you some story DLC that can be a bit pricey a la carte that you don't get with the base versions of the game.[/QUOTE]

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

Looks like ME1 and ME2 come with DLC, but 3 is vanilla.
Still tempting to me considering I haven't played much of the series (couple of hours of ME2 on PS3.)

Would have been interested in Dead Space 1 and 2 too if the first one was't $10.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']They all run very well on PC. The $30 collection is a good deal, but you might be able to find them a little cheaper a la carte if you're willing to wait a while. The convenience of having the entire trilogy all at once is nice to have, though.

Does the collection come with the Deluxe Editions of ME2 and ME3? Each of those gives you some story DLC that can be a bit pricey a la carte that you don't get with the base versions of the game.[/QUOTE]
It's basically $10 a pop, can you find ME1, ME2 and ME3 for $10 anywhere? Me3 i wasn't the biggest fan of but absolutely loved ME/ME2 on consoles and since those both come with DLC the $30 price tag is extremely tempting.

I guess if i could find ME and ME2 for $10 each or under i would go for those instead of this but the cheapest i can find them is like $15-20 a pop without DLC.

[quote name='asheskitty']I strongly believe ME1 has controller support.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 1 does not have built-in controller support.

[quote name='asheskitty']
It looks like it's all Capsule DRM (as expected), but free is free. :bouncy:

Definitely sign up early. GMG get hammered during free giveaways.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if any of those will be allowed to be redeemed as credit at some point? I already have Unstoppable Gorg on Steam (good game, btw) and I'm thinking I could net a few bucks towards future purchases.

[quote name='tritangle']I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 1 does not have built-in controller support.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I just played 1 and 3 on PC and I can confirm they do not have controller support. The same goes for 2.

[quote name='hal']I wonder if any of those will be allowed to be redeemed as credit at some point? I already have Unstoppable Gorg on Steam (good game, btw) and I'm thinking I could net a few bucks towards future purchases.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not allowed to use my powers of divination outside for free, so I'll just point at the past history of GMG freebies (which have small, sometimes larger trade in value, it varies.).

As a racing junkie, I'm interested in the racing game. I might give the zombies game a try out of curiosity (I think I passed on it in groupees.) I backlogged Ninja Blade for $5 on the Steam Summer Sale (I see it as the highlight of the giveaway). I can't say that Gorg has any appeal to me.

[quote name='warreni']No active code ATM.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll be skipping Mass Effect Trilogy for now.

From what I've been able to tell, the controller support hacks are only semi-fuctional and I chose to use a program like Xpadder or Pinnacle over the hacks. Those programs work all right, but it's not perfect either and I've been really disappointed with trying to play the ME games on PC. I got through all of 3 with one though, and maybe half of 1.

I prefer controller to keyboard/mouse, deal with it.

[quote name='n4tiv3']http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

Looks like ME1 and ME2 come with DLC, but 3 is vanilla.
Still tempting to me considering I haven't played much of the series (couple of hours of ME2 on PS3.)
[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 does not come with DLC in the trilogy, it only includes the Cerberus pack (which comes with every copy of the game). Additionally the DLC on PC can only be bought through Bioware and it never goes on sale. The PS3 version comes with most of the DLC included on the disc whether you get it in the trilogy or stand-alone.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 have been $5 each many times, and the deluxe edition of 3 has been like $11.99 on GameFly.

$30 is really not that great of a deal. Just wait for a good deal on 1 and 2 and let 3 drop in price while you play them. There's very little reason to waste money buying them altogether.

I opened up my keys list to grab my Dead Space key today and noticed I already have a key for Bioshock Infinite. It does not activate anything on Steam yet. Any idea what it's for?

[quote name='nosferatu51']I opened up my keys list to grab my Dead Space key today and noticed I already have a key for Bioshock Infinite. It does not activate anything on Steam yet. Any idea what it's for?[/QUOTE]

It could be for Bioshock Infinite Industrial Revolution. Not sure how that key works though since I have not pre-ordered it.

Here is the site you enter the code at: https://www.finkmanufacturing.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
James, my co-op partner and I both pre-ordered Dead Space 3, but when he went to use his code, he got a notification that someone had already used it. When he called tech support, they said you ran out of codes?

[quote name='MrBonk']Yeah, I REALLY wish Bioware would leave the console interfaces in place for controller support in their games.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that and allow the PC versions to shine graphic-wise and I'd rebuy them all in a heartbeat and start from scratch.

[quote name='karaethon']James, my co-op partner and I both pre-ordered Dead Space 3, but when he went to use his code, he got a notification that someone had already used it. When he called tech support, they said you ran out of codes?[/QUOTE]

dafuq. If your co-op bud has a ticket number or account name they are happy to provide me with just whip me a PM with it. I'll try to get someone to have a second look.

hmm, pretty cool that they are giving away free games. Although I'm gonna have to check daily to see which game is actually for sale on which day in the eastern US. Last time they had daily sales it seemed like everything was a day ahead of schedule

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']exactly what that code GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA can be used for... just those listed on the frontpage?[/QUOTE]

Seems like they changed up the page which had the info. I'll try to whip up a list for you guys today (possibly also on the GMG blog)

[quote name='JamesGMG']Seems like they changed up the page which had the info. I'll try to whip up a list for you guys today (possibly also on the GMG blog)[/QUOTE]

:applause: thanks.. actually i am not aware we have an official rep here like in Amazon pc dd thread.. keep up the good work :)

James, any idea when more keys for Dragonborn will be available? And will the code work on that as well?

Thanks

So I think I won't quite get the time to make that list today - but I plan to do it tomorrow! :p Busy day preparing for those freebies!

Caine: The code doesn't work on Dragonborn, and I don't know when we'll be getting more keys. We're trying to though. It's been incredibly popular at 20% off.

damn, what happened to BF3 premium for $30? I was waiting for the tax return to show up today and now it's $60 :( thought it was part of that advertised EA sale.

Seriously considering grabbing Aliens:CM. I'm a really big fan of the Alien/s IP and really like Gearbox so it would seem like a no brainer at $38, but still having trouble pulling the trigger. Have there been any reports on how long the campaign is?

edit. I am so weak. pre-loading Aliens now, let me know if you wanna coop it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']Those are four of the shittiest screenshots imaginable for Ninja Blade.

Is that a game or a cataracts simulator?[/QUOTE]

Actually two of those shots are a pretty good simulation of keratoconus
symptoms.

[quote name='mkaliaz']The South Park game is no longer on GMG. Whats up with that? I had it pre-ordered (GMG charged me of course too).[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft owns the rights to it now, and GMG is not allowed to sell Ubisoft games in NA.

Is it just me, or does that Zombies game thats going to be free tomorrow look like a workplace massacre simulator (in 8 bit graphics). A zombie game that isnt about shooting zombies, but actually shooting your bosses and coworkers? Maybe theres more to it, and I'm oversimplifying it and missing something but this seems in poor taste

bread's done
Back