Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Any word on whether we're getting Steam keys or not for Arkham City? It looks like the game uses some steamworks features, but may or may not be registerable on Steam.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Any word on whether we're getting Steam keys or not for Arkham City? It looks like the game uses some steamworks features, but may or may not be registerable on Steam.[/QUOTE]

It's not Steamworks from GMG; it's a Capsule download and GFWL, still. You can launch the .exe without ever using Capsule again once it's downloaded, though. ... at least according to the GMG reps.

[quote name='mattcube64']I know it's not that important, and in the grand scheme of things doesn't make much of a difference. But it just blows my mind that GMG would send out keys to people buying the game today, but not people who preordered a couple weeks ago. They're basically telling us to wait to spend our money next time.[/QUOTE]
Yea, this is pretty crazy. Personally, I don't care about this game but their support, strategy and customer support really need an overhaul with the amount of junk that has been happening lately. It really sucks too because they gained such a huge amount of goodwill from their awesome sales.

[quote name='rybrad']Yea, this is pretty crazy. Personally, I don't care about this game but their support, strategy and customer support really need an overhaul with the amount of junk that has been happening lately. It really sucks too because they gained such a huge amount of goodwill from their awesome sales.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had good experiences with Green Man Gaming in the past so when I saw Sonic was $30 on Steam I checked GMG to see if it was cheaper and if there were codes. I got it for $5 off Steam's price because I already had the sonic freebies. Now I have this whole debacle, and it kinda loses some trust with GMG and it makes me not want to preorder games from them now. It's not that I need to play this the second it comes out, but more so that I could of left this running while I was asleep so this way I would have to download less while I am using the internet which means slower browsing for me, and unable to watch any online videos unless I stop the download and watch the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I had good experiences with Green Man Gaming in the past so when I saw Sonic was $30 on Steam I checked GMG to see if it was cheaper and if there were codes. I got it for $5 off Steam's price because I already had the sonic freebies. Now I have this whole debacle, and it kinda loses some trust with GMG and it makes me not want to preorder games from them now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got every one of my keys at around 10:00pm the night before its release 12:00am, 2 hours difference. But I have a really nice connection, so that was good for me, however I also don't care if I get to play the game at the exact second of release. =P As long as I get to play the game, so their system works for me. If you want to play the game at midnight though, I'd say go with Steam right off the bat such as to avoid any problems with third-party Steam codes.

Morning folks :) Sonic keys have all been mailed out - Those who were buying them and getting keys before preorders was an oversight and /shouldn't/ be happening again, I'll do my own part to ensure this where I can too.

I understand issues like those outlined above by you guys can be frustrating, and I can appreciate that. But hopefully now any qualms are quelled :) (alliteration is fun! :p )

Got my Sonic key and am preloading now. Thanks! So far so good with GMG! So far I bought Deus Ex and Sonic but since those are steam games its as easy as putting in my key. Batman (which I bought the first time GMG had some great deal for it..like 30 bucks or something) will be my first test of their capsule system since the game is Games for Windows Live.

Hmm... a couple of thoughts.
1. He can not give out keys early. He made a mistake on some, and that is ok. He admitted it and will not be in trouble because of it.

But I work in a bookstore. We get products usually at LEAST 2 weeks before street date, and if we release them to ANYONE early, we are in danger of losing that account.

2. Aren't we all CAGers? The price should be most important to us. Customer Service should run 2nd in our minds. Street dates? CAGers? We buy old stuff on sale all the time and get excited about it. Why should we be mad that someone else got something BEFORE I did?

So I just went to check on my customer service request, since it's been 6 days without a follow up response. Turns out that 'Leeroy', or Rich, just closed it as resolved, even though I had responded and it was an open service request. No communication that it was simply closed, just I no longer have any open tickets, and I'm basically getting the impression that I'm being told to shove off.

If I have to pay a whole dollar or two more to purchase elsewhere, in the future, and get passable customer service, I will.

So long, GMG. You had some great deals, and I appreciate them.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Saints Row 3 is up and a new 15% coupon code PERFE-CTPRE-ORDER[/QUOTE]
Dude, Saints Row the Third for $33 is a no brainer. Done. The 2 reviews I've read have said the game is freaking perfect.

[quote name='Maynard']Dude, Saints Row the Third for $33 is a no brainer. Done. The 2 reviews I've read have said the game is freaking perfect.[/QUOTE]
Yup, great deal indeed and this is just what GMG needed right now.

As covered we've now got Saints Row: The Third available on site! There's also the 15% voucher available for prepurchase games in the link I've just posted :)

It's a very good deal :D You might even call it... Saints Row: The Third-off! :p Someone will probably correct my math there xD

[quote name='JamesGMG']As covered we've now got Saints Row: The Third available on site! There's also the 15% voucher available for prepurchase games in the link I've just posted :)

It's a very good deal :D You might even call it... Saints Row: The Third-off! :p Someone will probably correct my math there xD[/QUOTE]

Love you guys, with the 15% and my $7.54 credit I'm getting SR3 for $26.44.

I grabbed SR3 as well. I couldn't decide whether to get it on Xbox or Steam but at this price, I can probably get both (have a ton of best buy gift cards from all these promotions).

[quote name='Blehza']Saints Row is officially bought, any chance GMG gets skyrim?[/QUOTE]
Not this year. They have said they are working on deals but it won't be anytime soon.

Hey guys :D Just to make the weekend even better! LA Noire is now available on our site :D

You can click onto the prepurchase specials promo page to get there :)

As rybrad has said we are unsure when/if we'll be getting Bethesda - you can follow content updates in our forums if you want :) (although rybrad is very in the know it seems ;) )

Picked up SR3 for $33.98+conversion fees but I noticed the release date says November 18th on the GMG site. I'm assuming buyers in the US will get to play as soon as it's unlocked on Steam over here?

[quote name='Killbomb']Picked up SR3 for $33.98+conversion fees but I noticed the release date says November 18th on the GMG site. I'm assuming buyers in the US will get to play as soon as it's unlocked on Steam over here?[/QUOTE]
Should be able to. I have yet to seem them delay a release like that unless it was a publisher nightmare like Renegade Ops.

[quote name='rybrad']Should be able to. I have yet to seem them delay a release like that unless it was a publisher nightmare like Renegade Ops.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Wouldn't be a huge deal to me anyway since I will probably still be caught up in Skyrim on the 15th unless it is a miserable failure. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Picked up SR3 for $33.98+conversion fees but I noticed the release date says November 18th on the GMG site. I'm assuming buyers in the US will get to play as soon as it's unlocked on Steam over here?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested to know this as well.

Morning folks,
@MysterD LA Noire uses Gameshield DRM, and downloads/installs via Capsule.
@Killbomb Well with two recent releases we sent them out for US release :) LOTR and Sonic. We'll be aiming to get them out for a US release date, I believe. :)

Also to let everyone know Space Marine is now also available at GMG :D Titles coming thick and fast this weekend! Has anyone tried out the free DLC coop? I really want to as the game was awesome - all it lacked was coop !

/James

I'm having trouble with the payment process of the SR3 preorder deal. I'd like to go for it, but it's looking like I may have to go back to the Amazon preorder deal at this rate.

It's refusing my paypal transaction because it's "unverified" (doesn't yet have a bank acct linked to it), despite the fact that no other business has a problem with my paypal status. Getting verified says it takes 2-3 business days to complete, so by the time that finishes, the preorder deal is over.

I have also tried using my visa card, and it keeps saying the transaction is being refused by my bank. Again, this never happens to me with any other order I've made online with other retailers.

What is going on? Why is GMG so difficult for me to give money to? Ha, not usually an issue.

[quote name='avwjase']I love how I have $20 in credit on GMG but I can't use it because it will never take my friggin credit card.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried calling your card company and discussing the issue? I had this issue at first but sorted it out with my bank and have no issues now.

[quote name='avwjase']I love how I have $20 in credit on GMG but I can't use it because it will never take my friggin credit card.[/QUOTE]

Not that you're willing to at all, but PayPal handles my business with them without problem, just make sure your PayPal account email matches the email on your GMG account.

[quote name='Maynard']Dude, Saints Row the Third for $33 is a no brainer. Done. The 2 reviews I've read have said the game is freaking perfect.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can share where those two reviews are? I'm on the fence and need to be pushed over. :)

[quote name='Rehykja']Any chance you can share where those two reviews are? I'm on the fence and need to be pushed over. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to see those review, even if I already own the game. ;)

Wow, I'm a bit upset. This 15% extra off will be done in 1 day and I can't get GMG to take my credit card nor can I get my Paypal verified that quickly either.

[quote name='Littledgn']Wow, I'm a bit upset. This 15% extra off will be done in 1 day and I can't get GMG to take my credit card nor can I get my Paypal verified that quickly either.[/QUOTE]

Try contacting support, you may be able to get some help.

[quote name='Littledgn']I think they'll just tell me to call my bank and figure out my online credit card authorization[/QUOTE]

Nah, if you can't get it to work, tell them that you won't be able to get it in time. They'll patch it up, I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='Littledgn']Wow, I'm a bit upset. This 15% extra off will be done in 1 day and I can't get GMG to take my credit card nor can I get my Paypal verified that quickly either.[/QUOTE]

In my experience the first time I used PayPal it went through. The second time it wouldn't work anymore. I tried using my credit card. It didn't work. I used a different one, it didn't work. Then a few minutes later I get a call from my bank asking if the transaction is legit. I say yes, I go back to GMG and it goes through.

I didn't like having to go through all of that, so after that order went through I don't shop at GMG anymore. Plus I wasn't satisfied with the customer service. I didn't receive any response for days regarding my issue about PayPal, so I just gave up.

Amazing price for SR3. Was definitely on the fence if I wanted to keep playing the games on xbox or switch to pc, price was too good to pass up.

[quote name='rybrad']14 hours left on the deals, make sure and pick them up if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

When they fix their site and are able to take VISA credit cards, let me know. It is a frickin' joke when a card has $9000 in free credit on it and I can't charge a $35 video game to it. I tried it again this afternoon and it still wouldn't accept my card and it appears I am not alone.

So, tell GMG to fix their payment options if they want people to buy their stuff.

[quote name='avwjase']When they fix their site and are able to take VISA credit cards, let me know. It is a frickin' joke when a card has $9000 in free credit on it and I can't charge a $35 video game to it. I tried it again this afternoon and it still wouldn't accept my card and it appears I am not alone.

So, tell GMG to fix their payment options if they want people to buy their stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that most institutions consider GMG as fradulent. Even though my VISA debit card payment went through when I bought Dead Island when it came out, I was still nagged to death about it, so I don't plan on using cards in the future. What's the deal with the fraudulent accusation, anyway? Would it have made a whole lot of difference if they were called Green Man Games instead?

bread's done
Back