Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='jazyje']How does the trading part works with Greenman gaming -- if I bought a game that I activated on steam, can I still use it to trade for another game, or would they take my steam key away if I trade it in?[/QUOTE]

You can't trade Steam games back in for credit.

No matter what I do, GMG won't process my order and tells me "we are unable to process your order." It also wont let my use paypal either and this is really pissing me off because I have been waiting for a sale on RO2 for a LONG time.

[quote name='Larce80']if youre using paypal, make sure the paypal email is the same as your gmg one[/QUOTE]

They both are, the credit card wont work and i click pay through paypal and it doesnt nothing but bring me back to the card that says "unable to process your order"

you guys think the people that are having problems paying maybe have their IP's flagged for some reason? a friend of mine tried forever to purchase darksiders 2 with different payment options and the order never came trough, he came to visit yesterday and i told them that they had a new coupon and tried to purchase the game here at my house and it worked without a problem, he then went home and called me a few hours later and told me he was trying to purchase sleeping dogs and it was having the same problem he had in the past when trying to check out

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']you guys think the people that are having problems paying maybe have their IP's flagged for some reason? a friend of mine tried forever to purchase darksiders 2 with different payment options and the order never came trough, he came to visit yesterday and i told them that they had a new coupon and tried to purchase the game here at my house and it worked without a problem, he then went home and called me a few hours later and told me he was trying to purchase sleeping dogs and it was having the same problem he had in the past when trying to check out[/QUOTE]

They do some flagging with IP addresses. I know that much. It's how they determine your region. They also don't seem to allow multiple people with the same IP get free games etc. I haven't seen it affect actual checkout but it wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']you guys think the people that are having problems paying maybe have their IP's flagged for some reason? a friend of mine tried forever to purchase darksiders 2 with different payment options and the order never came trough, he came to visit yesterday and i told them that they had a new coupon and tried to purchase the game here at my house and it worked without a problem, he then went home and called me a few hours later and told me he was trying to purchase sleeping dogs and it was having the same problem he had in the past when trying to check out[/QUOTE]

I was sort of wondering that myself, but I have no idea why my account would be IP flagged considering I just opened an account a couple weeks ago and have only bought one thing through them.

[quote name='Cantatus']I was sort of wondering that myself, but I have no idea why my account would be IP flagged considering I just opened an account a couple weeks ago and have only bought one thing through them.[/QUOTE]
I've never been IP flagged; rather my account ha been flagged from GetGamesGo because my first transaction went through, but they had some issue with my bank's foreign policy. They also did not like the idea of me purchasing a single additional key for a game to play with a friend. :roll: But yeah, just tell them to check with support. If it's actually IP blocking, then your friend can just proxy up or they'll help correct the issue. :3

The new deal of the day is 25% off Darksiders II pre-order with the code CROSS-OVERA-LREDY.

As you might expect, it does not stack with other codes.

The 25% off PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN (by itself without any other codes being used) is still active for me, but I'm unsure how much longer that one is going on for.

man i really want to buy sleeping dogs but unsure if the game will support gamepad, for ME at least open world games of that style are better played with a gamepad

Just wanted to confirm that Red Orchestra 2 vanilla from GMG shows up as GOTY under purchased notice when you visit steam sales page.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']man i really want to buy sleeping dogs but unsure if the game will support gamepad, for ME at least open world games of that style are better played with a gamepad[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it has gamepad support.

[quote name='randomdud']I've never been IP flagged; rather my account ha been flagged from GetGamesGo because my first transaction went through, but they had some issue with my bank's foreign policy. They also did not like the idea of me purchasing a single additional key for a game to play with a friend. :roll: But yeah, just tell them to check with support. If it's actually IP blocking, then your friend can just proxy up or they'll help correct the issue. :3[/QUOTE]

The frustrating thing is I know it's not an issue with my bank since I'm paying with a prepaid debit card I got with my laptop, and it's the exact card I used with my last purchase from them, so it's obviously an issue on their side.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']man i really want to buy sleeping dogs but unsure if the game will support gamepad, for ME at least open world games of that style are better played with a gamepad[/QUOTE]

I was on the Sleeping Dogs official forums a few days ago trying to see any info on the pc requirements and IIRC a dev on the forum said he was playing it with a controller on his 3 year old laptop "and loving it!"

The deal they were talking about to make up for the "Order Not Complete" problem has been released. The nice thing is it's 25% instead of the 20% they initially said. That means once they take my money, I'll get the same deal on Guild Wars 2 I would've gotten this weekend. The code is good until the 10th.

We are fully aware that this issue has caused users to miss out on our deals, and because of that we would now like to present you with a 25% discount voucher, available for multiple purchases, valid from now until 1100 UTC August 10th:

ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

Really pissed off that I made an account, paid with paypal, worked fine. Made another account to pay with a credit card, says my address isn't correct... ugh yeah it is lol. Now I get to try and get a refund, weee.

[quote name='Schizophriend']I was on the Sleeping Dogs official forums a few days ago trying to see any info on the pc requirements and IIRC a dev on the forum said he was playing it with a controller on his 3 year old laptop "and loving it!"[/QUOTE]
i purchase the game last night, i was like fuck it, if it has gamepad support great, if it doesn't than pinnacle mapping it is ;), thanks for the info, it surely makes me happy

25% off voucher is dead, new deal today is for Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs $34.65 (Steamworks) Use voucher code SLEEP-DOGSA-T40PC, today only.

New 25% off voucher:
25% off any game with voucher code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE, does not stack with other vouchers. Expires August 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nitzerebb6']Looks like Dawnguard is available now. With the code PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN you can get it for $15.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I grabbed Dawnguard using [FONT=&quot]ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE.[/FONT]

Pre-Ordered Borderlands 2 with the promo a while back.

Also pre-ordered Sim City with the discount code.

Now I just need another code for Company of Heroes 2 :D

wait so the 25% off codes are only a one time use?

I was going to grab Borderlands 2 and maybe Dark Souls or Darksiders II but it looks like I can't

Is it ok to trade in those 4 free games we got now? I'm not interested in playing any of them. Any chance they'll be worth more than .50 via trade in later?

[quote name='jling84']Is it ok to trade in those 4 free games we got now? I'm not interested in playing any of them. Any chance they'll be worth more than .50 via trade in later?[/QUOTE]

There's definitely a chance they'll be worth more than .50 cents. I think Necrovision and Sniper Ghost Warrior were originally worth less than $1 after they were given out for free, but eventually they were worth $2+. No idea how long it'd take though.

On the games that have a 50 cent trade in value now, they are probably still on sale so I would at least wait for them to go off sale and see if they go up in value before trading them in.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']wait so the 25% off codes are only a one time use?
[/QUOTE]

They seem to be single use codes yes. I used the PC gamer one for Worms Reloaded GOTY and the order not complete one for Worms Crazy Golf and not if I try to use either on something else it is saying invalid.

[quote name='momouchi']Picked up Dawnguard for $11 after some free trade-in credit from earlier and 25% off. Definitely worth it![/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm going back and forth on. I could get it for $8.20 using free credit. But the CAG in me wonders if I should wait anyway. :lol:

edit: ...aaaand bought it. Not regretting it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummed I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the trade in offer for Sleeping Dogs, but I am still happy getting it for $35 and change. Should be a fun game to tool around in. Can't wait until next week

got me sleeping dogs. i'm debating if i want to pre-purchase borderlands.
i'll save 10 dollars versus my amazon order, but paying for it now doesn't rub me right.

do they give you a steam key by the way?

[quote name='sinned47']got me sleeping dogs. i'm debating if i want to pre-purchase borderlands.
i'll save 10 dollars versus my amazon order, but paying for it now doesn't rub me right.

do they give you a steam key by the way?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's a Steam game they will send you the key typically within an hour or two of release. Not sure why it bothers you that you have to pay upfront, no different than ordering through Steam.

[quote name='sinned47']got me sleeping dogs. i'm debating if i want to pre-purchase borderlands.

do they give you a steam key by the way?[/QUOTE]

I'm not too fond of paying now for a game more than a month away but I couldn't pass up the Borderlands deal. No guarantees it's going to be that cheap again before release.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm not too fond of paying now for a game more than a month away but I couldn't pass up the Borderlands deal. No guarantees it's going to be that cheap again before release.[/QUOTE]
hard to beat that price before release, keeping in mind that the cheapest way to get the games in the past was the steam 4 pack buy and borderlands 2 price in the 4 pack was $40.75 and that was having the 10% off for owning borderlands 1

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']hard to beat that price before release, keeping in mind that the cheapest way to get the games in the past was the steam 4 pack buy and borderlands 2 price in the 4 pack was $40.75 and that was having the 10% off for owning borderlands 1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GMG is becoming to go-to site for new release pre-orders. Pretty sure the last time I pre-ordered a PC game from anywhere else was because GMG didn't sell it in the US.

Anyway, the Alien Breed games are 75% off for today only in addition to the Darksiders II deal.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/alien-deals/

I'm debating picking up Alien Breed 3 to complete my collection but ~ $1.75 seems steep when I got 2 for free in last years summer sale ticket event and 1 in an indie bundle.

Picked up Alien Breed Trilogy for $4.30 after the voucher. Almost feels like a waste to use it for that little savings but I already have just about everything else I am interested in at the moment.

Saw the charge for Borderlands 2 on my statement and it looks like I didn't get charged a transaction fee for using Paypal to buy it. Hopefully it won't still show up. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Picked up Alien Breed Trilogy for $4.30 after the voucher. Almost feels like a waste to use it for that little savings but I already have just about everything else I am interested in at the moment.

Saw the charge for Borderlands 2 on my statement and it looks like I didn't get charged a transaction fee for using Paypal to buy it. Hopefully it won't still show up. :D[/QUOTE]

Paying through paypal with Greenmangaming wont get you any extra charges as it appears they have an american paypal account. Using a credit card/debit straight up I was dinged though. Now Gamersgate on the other hand their paypal is a swedish account so I was dinged with them by my bank...

deal of the day is HITMAN ABSOLUTION 30% code

HITMA-NABSO-LUTN1

note: i seriously cant understand how this codes work, if you do the math the percentage you're supposed to get discounted is never right, with the new deal of the day code the game comes out at $34.65 BUT if you use the 25% off code the games comes out at $33.75, weird, still a good deal none the less

25% off code

ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

credit to rybrad for the 25% code

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']deal of the day is HITMAN ABSOLUTION 30% code

HITMA-NABSO-LUTN1

note: i seriously cant understand how this codes work, if you do the math the percentage you're supposed to get discounted is never right, with the new deal of the day code the game comes out at $34.65 BUT if you use the 25% off code the games comes out at $33.75, weird, still a good deal none the less

25% off code

ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

[/QUOTE]
That has been an issue with the 30% off codes lately, no idea what the deal is.

[quote name='rybrad']That has been an issue with the 30% off codes lately, no idea what the deal is.[/QUOTE]
They probably have a max discount set on their games. So I'd guess Hitman has a cap of ~33% in coupons to get that $33.75. That's the best way for a retailer to handle it IMHO. You can use all the %off coupons you want but there is a cap so it'll never drop below the retailers cost. Though it would have been nice of them to mention there was a cap somewhere especially since some of the codes are one time use per account only.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']deal of the day is HITMAN ABSOLUTION 30% code

HITMA-NABSO-LUTN1

25% off code

ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

[/QUOTE]

the 30% code will discount the full 50$ price of the game but if you use the 25% code it will add up with the 10% already discounted. hope that explains it

[quote name='Sigma919']the 30% code will discount the full 50$ price of the game but if you use the 25% code it will add up with the 10% already discounted. hope that explains it[/QUOTE]

Yes I have noticed this too. They do some shall we say, creative, math where if they have one percentage and another on top they add the percentages but it's not exactly the same thing.

bread's done
Back