= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Not working for me, some people seem to be having issues with it.
Yeah I just tried it myself. Apparently there's a bug or something that the dev is trying to get past. Sigh. I'm just gonna try later. Those trading cards will have to wait.

Last edited:
Yeah I just tried it myself. Apparently there's a bug or something that the dev is trying to get past. Sigh. I'm just gonna try later. Those trading cards will have to wait.
I was just looking for an Oniken key a short while ago. Card values will surely drop by the time I get to them. They are pretty decent as of an hour ago.

I have no Steam key yet for Oniken from Groupees, Indie Royale, the Desura client or Indie Gala (no surprise on that one). I didn't buy the Greenlight bundle so I can't speak to that.

I was just looking for an Oniken key a short while ago. Card values will surely drop by the time I get to them. They are pretty decent as of an hour ago.
Yeah values are about to dive into the toilet. It wouldn't be a problem if people weren't always trying to lowball each other in a race to sell first.

The dev is using the "connect" feature on Desura.

http://www.desura.com/games/oniken/connect

They currently disabled it cuz people were getted dupe keys.
*Edited to add: I just got ONE key through the 'connect' feature so I guess it's still working for some people, but I had this game three times over from Indie Royale, Indie Gala and Groupees.

-----

I just looked at that. Why do they need all this shit? He is so fucking clueless. Many, many games have gone through getting added to Steam after being in a bundle. You ask the bundle site how many keys they need, generate that many and give it to them. It's not rocket science. This is what happens when Greenlight lets and random idiot developer in. :wall:

The other thing is, this would seem to screw people out of multiple copies if they legitimately did buy multiple bundles or just ended up getting it from Indie Royale and Indie Gala and Groupees.

CONNECT YOUR GAME
If you wish to share your Desura account details with the official Oniken developers, please click the "connect game" button below. Doing so will send your:

Name
Email
Country
Username
Profile URL
Install History (for this game only)
Details through to them. This will allow them to create you an account on their system, and provide you with additional functionality via their official homepage.

By proceeding, you agree to their privacy policy.

*Edited to add: I just got ONE key through the 'connect' feature so I guess it's still working for some people, but I had this game three times over from Indie Royale, Indie Gala and Groupees.

-----

I just looked at that. Why do they need all this shit? He is so fucking clueless. Many, many games have gone through getting added to Steam after being in a bundle. You ask the bundle site how many keys they need, generate that many and give it to them. It's not rocket science. This is what happens when Greenlight lets and random idiot developer in. :wall:

The other thing is, this would seem to screw people out of multiple copies if they legitimately did buy multiple bundles or just ended up getting it from Indie Royale and Indie Gala and Groupees.
They're not the only ones doing this. Several greenlit things have gone the "connect our site account to your Desura account" route and I personally prefer it when Desura just generates the keys itself. However, it makes a certain degree of sense from the devs' perspectives because 1) they get to put you on a mailing list for their new games and maybe rope you into buying a non-bundle copy; and 2) as you said before, they only have to give each user one Steam key, which cuts down on the secondary market. I'm not saying I like the idea, but it does make sense.

Well that was slightly more irritating than it needed to be. Got mine

They're not the only ones doing this. Several greenlit things have gone the "connect our site account to your Desura account" route and I personally prefer it when Desura just generates the keys itself. However, it makes a certain degree of sense from the devs' perspectives because 1) they get to put you on a mailing list for their new games and maybe rope you into buying a non-bundle copy; and 2) as you said before, they only have to give each user one Steam key, which cuts down on the secondary market. I'm not saying I like the idea, but it does make sense.
Yay! Just what I always wanted more spam!

So since I got this in three bundles if I give someone else one of the Desura keys I hadn't used can they then use the Desura connect feature to get a Steam key?

So since I got this in three bundles if I give someone else one of the Desura keys I hadn't used can they then use the Desura connect feature to get a Steam key?
If you can get someone to actually fork over the steam key afterward then it should work.

Yeah, that should work. Ugh, I'm too lazy to make multiple desura accounts.. but cards..
I'm thinking about doing that but it's kind of nuts to have to make alternate Desura accounts just to get Steam keys for the game in all the different bundles I bought. :p

Tried with another desura account & key and that didn't work either :(
They replied again with this:

Okay guys, I'm very sorry about that, but I have to disable the script and wait for a Desura reply. =/

Scott's twitter (https://twitter.com/scottreismanis ) is inactive since january and no one from staff reply on Desura forums.

The key generation process in Steam is "delicated". We need to request and wait everytime we need them and we can't upload our own keys.

We gonna contact Steam about this and see if they could upload the Desura keys for us.

Anyone else have a blank text box pop up with the only option being [OK] when starting Oniken? WTF is that about?

They replied again with this:

Okay guys, I'm very sorry about that, but I have to disable the script and wait for a Desura reply. =/

Scott's twitter (https://twitter.com/scottreismanis ) is inactive since january and no one from staff reply on Desura forums.

The key generation process in Steam is "delicated". We need to request and wait everytime we need them and we can't upload our own keys.

We gonna contact Steam about this and see if they could upload the Desura keys for us.
I was going to reply that if he knows Desura support is not being responsive then maybe he should just give the keys through the bundle sites like mostly every other developer does but he locked the damned thread.

*Edit: Oh and if he's going to wait now for Valve to add all those Desura keys to the Steam registry that can take even longer. It took Arcen MONTHS to get Valve to register their existing keys when A Valley Without Wind got added to Steam.

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,10338.0.html
Re: redeem on steam?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

The short answer to your question is... not yet. Valve has told us that they will be honoring the code you already have, it's just a matter of when. In the past, they've taken as long as three weeks, this time it might be more, it might be less. But when they to start, you can use the key you already have!

[snip months of 'are we there yet?' 'still checking with valve and no response' replies]

Quote from: zebramatt on August 29, 2012, 09:57:17 AM
It's Valve. They'll probably reply in six months without so much as a mention of the time it's taken them to get there. And in all likelihood, they'll respond positively. All the evidence points to this. To assume anything else is to not know Valve.

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »
This is pretty funny. We just got a positive response. Will let you know when we can confirm whether it really goes through :)

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
I just successfully redeemed my key on steam. Awesome. Thanks for the perseverance guys!

[When all was said and done it took over 4 months for Arcen to get Valve to add their existing keys to activate to Steam when them generating new Steam keys and handing them out to existing owners would have been near immediate]

I was going to reply that if he knows Desura support is not being responsive then maybe he should just give the keys through the bundle sites like mostly every other developer does but he locked the damned thread.
Maybe it's for the best. I'm sure he would have replied to you with this:

Nmk95jD.jpg

It's okay, I changed my yes vote to no for his other game on Greenlight. If ya can't beat 'em, be passive aggressive. :p
I'm pretty sure the saying goes "If you can't beat them you're not using a big enough stick".

Already had to do that for Dysfunctional Systems, which was a major pain in the ass. The company that released that game had changed their website so that all of their instructions were no longer valid. Apps on Twitter that do this are still authorized to view your direct messages; I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to view your personal info on Desura.

yay, get to watch the market crash while I wait for my key.
It already has pretty much but I suppose they could go down even further to 10 cents eventually once the floodgates open.

If this get Valve to register the keys route takes as long as it has in the past with some games Oniken might end up in a bundle again with actual Steam keys before that happens.

I think the Dev is waiting on a reply back from desura to resolve the issue.
It sounded like he gave up on that and is moving to giving the Desura keys to Valve to try to get them to add them to their database so that the existing keys will just activate to Steam. The devs are ESL and don't seem to have the most sense so it's not always that clear what they are doing but that was my take based on this:

Keyo [developer] 15 hours ago
Keys for Desura owners (see first post)
[EDIT]

Chances are it's a Steam game: 1%

Chances are it's a good Steam game: 0.0001%
But, but, it's a Collector's Edition!

D'OH. That was the 6th. It was so meh to me I must have intetionally forgot about that one.

And yeah not expecting greatness from the 7th but who knows maybe they'll pull a Deadly Premonition.

But, but, it's a Collector's Edition!

D'OH. That was the 6th. It was so meh to me I must have intetionally forgot about that one.

And yeah not expecting greatness from the 7th but who knows maybe they'll pull a Deadly Premonition.
But... Gala already did that one.

On another note, Aerena actually looks pretty cool. Little turn based strategy kinda thing. Not sure if it's entirely online, but people seem to be pretty positive about it and it looks like the dev is putting some effort into it.

But... Gala already did that one.

On another note, Aerena actually looks pretty cool. Little turn based strategy kinda thing. Not sure if it's entirely online, but people seem to be pretty positive about it and it looks like the dev is putting some effort into it.
I didn't mean literally Deadly Premonition, I just meant by 'pull a Deadly Premonition' as in come up with some game that everyone actually wants as a bonus and is pleasantly surprised by. I feel like a need a font color for allegory or something.

And Groupees site has crashed prior to revealing the recently added bonus. I guess it was just that good.
Dammit, I was just trying to get that ultraviolet milk or whatever the hell it is that was supposed to have just given keys.

*Edit: I didn't get that one apparently. Turns out even I have standards sometimes.

I hope they didn't have a hard drive crash again too.

Why the hell do people keep using CloudFlare? IT SUCKS! Half the time the websites don't even load!
Are you judging Cloudflare by the number of times you've seen their error messages? :lol:

I hope they didn't have a hard drive crash again too.
That's the first thing I thought when I read "Groupees site has crashed."

BETTER. ****ING. NOT. HAVE.

They still haven't finished even finished restoring files from last time. :wall:

bread's done
Back