= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
They've published a good amount of games IDK why they have to go through Greenlight. But it means they will most likely get accepted. TBH it (Arson and Plunder) looks like the best game of the bunch for now. (I already have Legends...)
If someone just wants A&P they might as well wait for a 1 game 50 cent minimum special to go on.

I agree though that sometimes the bonus games from Groupees are one of the better ones of the bunch, like La Mulana and Vanguard Princess.

Just a heads-up, Guise of the Wolf trading cards are still not available despite the store listing that it has trading cards. As for the rest of the steam games, none of them have any trading cards.

Just a heads-up, Guise of the Wolf trading cards are still not available despite the store listing that it has trading cards. As for the rest of the steam games, none of them have any trading cards.
I'm going to post an angry steam review about that. The dev is holding our cards hostage!

I can't remember who said it before but Luxor Evolved is supposed to be the best of the Luxor bunch? It looks like 3 has an Egyptian theme but gameplay is pretty much the same. Anyone recommend 3 if I have Evolved?
Luxor Evolved is my favorite of the bunch. It takes the Luxor gameplay and changes up the style a bit, as well as adding a few nice little twists. If you really enjoyed Evolved, then you'll like Luxor 3 as it's very similar -- minus the style.

Is this a recent thing or has this been an ongoing issue? I know sometimes when the developers first send the cards over to Valve it may take them a day or so to flip the switch but I really shouldn't be something that is going on for an extended period of time.

Is this a recent thing or has this been an ongoing issue? I know sometimes when the developers first send the cards over to Valve it may take them a day or so to flip the switch but I really shouldn't be something that is going on for an extended period of time.
The game has trading cards listed on the store since last week or maybe earlier, it should not take that long unless it is some shady practice to market it as a game with cards even when the cards are not ready.

It took about a month (maybe longer) for Valve to flip the switch on the Not the Robot cards. Granted I'm not sure if they were listed as being there, but they were definitely ready and just waiting on Valve to add them. Similarly Last Dream is listed as having cards, but they aren't actually there yet (that's a more recent release though).

The game has trading cards listed on the store since last week or maybe earlier, it should not take that long unless it is some shady practice to market it as a game with cards even when the cards are not ready.
Agreed. I've never seen it take that long. A couple of days at most. Sounds like something is up or there is some disconnect somewhere.

Hopefully someone is working to resolve it because otherwise it's false advertising. With this developer's reputation though I am not hopeful. I doubt he would take the feedback very well either.

The Whitewash dev said he'd put the game up on greenlight.. so if that was stopping you from buying it, maybe that'll change your mind.

He seems to be another one of those devs that underestimates how easy it is to get your game greenlit if you put your game in a bundle.

The Whitewash dev said he'd put the game up on greenlight.. so if that was stopping you from buying it, maybe that'll change your mind.

He seems to be another one of those devs that underestimates how easy it is to get your game greenlit if you put your game in a bundle.
Too late, already bought it.

Good, but I think I'll wait to buy it until it actually shows up on greenlight. Hopefully soon.

Now I'm just waiting for a better trailer/game.

I mean a while back it was kind of hard to get in but since they've been doing the 50 and 100 approvals at a time it's ridiculously easy if you make half of an effort to promote your game and put it in a bundle.

If all else fails giving it away for free and promising Steam keys always seems to work too.

It's not hard, but to say that a lot of indie developers are out of touch with the current indie games market and how Steam works is a bit of an understatement.

It's not hard, but to say that a lot of indie developers are out of touch with the current indie games market and how Steam works is a bit of an understatement.
That's the thing that surprises me... I'd really expect indie devs to be gamers themselves and in touch with the market. ...yet it seems like so many aren't.

That's the thing that surprises me... I'd really expect indie devs to be gamers themselves and in touch with the market. ...yet it seems like so many aren't.
I think you may be very significantly overestimating how in-touch with the market the average gamer is, actually.

I got Guise, Casteminer, Luxor, and Whitewash. In two different purchases.  Almost bought that legend game, but thankfully someone mentioned it was in Blink so I realized I already had it.  Skipped the crappy looking RPGs and the generic stick shooter thing.

I'm looking at grabbing Legends of Aethereus as well as Power-Up* and/or Luxor 3.  None of the others are grabbing my attention, and yes I skipped the Blink Bundle.

*KickStarted Xbox shump on Desura and GreenLight, from the Desura comments the dev is explicitly promising keys.

I was thinking about getting everything but Legends (already have it)  but I want to wait to see the bonuses so I'll know if I want to split my purchases or if one copy of the bonus games is enough.

Bruticis gave it to me... I lasted all of 20 minutes before I uninstalled.  It's like what a handful of grad students would do if they had to ape WoW for a school project.  Horribly clunky, bland, and unpolished.

I also tried Legends of Dawn.  Uninstalled after idling for cards.  Bad engine, boring world, super-generic.

Bruticis gave it to me... I lasted all of 20 minutes before I uninstalled. It's like what a handful of grad students would do if they had to ape WoW for a school project. Horribly clunky, bland, and unpolished.

I also tried Legends of Dawn. Uninstalled after idling for cards. Bad engine, boring world, super-generic.
That's kind of what I figured for both. Good intentions but not so hot implementation. I'll give them a try myself but not expecting much.

It's hard to come across an RPG these days that's not bland, stale or WOW tained. Or weeaboo RPGmaker stuff.

It's extremely hard (bordering impossible) for 'pure' indie developers to make something good in the umbrella rpg genre (be it turn based, arpg, or otherwise).  Some people might hold Torchlight 2 up as an example but Runic is filled with seasoned industry veterans (who, in fact, made D2) so they don't really count.  I can't think of any instances off the top of my head where a team of a handful of relative newcomers pulled off anything worthwhile.

It's extremely hard (bordering impossible) for 'pure' indie developers to make something good in the umbrella rpg genre (be it turn based, arpg, or otherwise). Some people might hold Torchlight 2 up as an example but Runic is filled with seasoned industry veterans (who, in fact, made D2) so they don't really count. I can't think of any instances off the top of my head where a team of a handful of relative newcomers pulled off anything worthwhile.
I quite enjoyed Dungeons of Fray. Sure the graphics are pretty simple but the dungeon crawling was relatively solid, the character banter was amusing and entertaining and I got through a lot of the game before putting it on hold. There are many bland or generic RPGs though by indie developers. Still have loads and loads to go through.

I'm going to get Whitewash on the off chance it gets a Greenlight and we get keys even though we weren't promised any. 

It's a poor bundle when Guise of the Wolf is your headliner. But I wanted that one anyway, just to see how bad it is.

How many RPG Maker games are on Steam? I looked at tagged stuff, and most of it is software. The only tagged games I could find were To the Moon, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Skyborn, Aveyond, and Last Dream.
They just added The Book of Legends, and I know the Millennium series is in Greenlight.

I'm going to get Whitewash on the off chance it gets a Greenlight and we get keys even though we weren't promised any.
It's a poor bundle when Guise of the Wolf is your headliner. But I wanted that one anyway, just to see how bad it is.
The Greenlight page is up. As for giving steam keys to groupees purchasers.. here's the dev's response:

@karilion I would do my best for that, but I am not very sure if tuat is possible. Would have to learn more about it.
Looks like he's one of those devs..

The Greenlight page is up. As for giving steam keys to groupees purchasers.. here's the dev's response:

Looks like he's one of those devs..
The developer updated the page with new responses:

@kalirion All Groupees supporters will receive Steam keys if the game ever makes into Steam store. I hope Valve accepts it, but votes are still too low for Valve to care about it.

@kalirion Yes, Groupees already asked about the button. They first asked if bundle buyers will have Steam keys and I totally agree with that. I would demand a key for myself as well, it is the right thing to do.

According to Reddit, Southern Euro is apparently $1 min for:

C-Rush - Steam

Hidden Runaway - Desura but not on Steam or Greenlight in spite of being part of the Runaway series

Box-Out! - Desura/Greenlight

Level 22: Gary's Misadventures - On Greenlight but not on Desura

I'm mostly interested in Hidden Runaway so I will probably grab it since it's only $1. Eh.
Pretty average at least doesn't look like a lot of repeats haha. Level 22 looks ok and Hidden Runaway as well.

bread's done
Back