= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I haven't really been following the chat on Groupies page. Has there been even the slightest hint that there might be another bonus game goal added? I'm on the fence about going in for the $1 tier to get a copy of Legendary at the moment.[/QUOTE]

^^Opps , nm

The $1 minimum also gets you Legendary? I seriously don't know.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^Opps , nm

The $1 minimum also gets you Legendary? I seriously don't know.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, it just doesn't get you the ones in the $4 tier.

Yes 100% sure since I got it. You usually get the games for so many sold with a dollar.

There have been times in the past where groupies put an unlocked game in higher tier (Dwarfs & Dreamscape come to mind right off the top of my head), but unless they specifically place the game in one of those higher tier sections, the minimum will get you the game.

I just realized that there was 3 people in a row telling you the same thing. All after you had basically figured it out for yourself.

We really answered the hell out of that question. lol

Hey, just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Groupees just updated their page; they now have an upcoming bundle which "starts soon" - Build a Bundle 4. Velvet Assassin, anybody?

[quote name='aronater']Hey, just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Groupees just updated their page; they now have an upcoming bundle which "starts soon" - Build a Bundle 4. Velvet Assassin, anybody?[/QUOTE]

Weird - they actually list the games now:

Velvet Assassin (Steam, Win)
Orczz (Desura Win, Mac, DRM-Free for Win, Mac, Linux)
Vitrium (Desura Win, DRM-Free for Win)
Qasir Al-Wasat (Desura Win, Mac)
Zombies (Groupees Limited Edition - Desura Win)
Robin Hood - The Legend of Sherwood (Steam, Win)
Fantasy Wars (Steam, Win)
Men of War (Steam, Win)
Stellar Impact (Steam, Win)

There are some decent games in this one. Thanks for the updates, guys! I'll be getting Velvet Assassin, Robin Hood, and Men of War for sure. Folks in the Steam thread have been saying that Stellar Impact doesn't have many people on multiplayer anymore, and there is no single player, so that one's iffy...

hmmm, I knew I shouldn't have bought zombies from igs. Looks like I won't be supporting IGS, even their non bundle games end up in bundles...lol

I got three levels into my legit bought copy of Velvet Assassin before pitching it and I love stealth games so... there you go. Impatience, maybe I don't really love stealth games, or maybe VA is a watery unimpressive mess. Only time... will tell.

Robin Hood is the only absolute must buy for me here. I've been suggesting that game (as well as dozens more) on their "suggestions for future bundles" tab since June. As for the other steam games.

Fantasy Wars - Already own it on Gamersgate and it will be in the upcoming 1c pack
Men of War - Already own it on Gamersgate and it will be in the upcoming 1c pack
Stellar Impact - it's multi play only, so I have no interest.
Velvet Assassin - I just don't have a lot of interest. It's only $5 on steam, so if I end up regretting that I passed, I can just wait for the next 75% discount and get it for about what I'd pay for it here. Besides, this looks like something that might get repeated in an indie gala bundle at some point.

As for the Desura games, Vitrium & Qasir Al-Wasat both look interesting, but now that we've seen a couple of former Build-A-Bundle games reappear in other bundles, I'm somewhat weary of pulling the trigger on these two.

As for Zombies, the IGS description of that game made it sound like it was a workplace massacre simulator. I'll pass. In fact, if this game were included in a full bundle and I was required to buy it, I'd probably pass on the bundle.

I'll probably wait and see if they do another promo where you only need to buy one game (they usually do that at one point) and I'll just buy Robin Hood.

The staff from groupees said that soundtrack for Zombies is the full 32 tracks.

So yeah, I think I will not ever buy something in indiegamestand again, lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']hmmm, I knew I shouldn't have bought zombies from igs. Looks like I won't be supporting IGS, even their non bundle games end up in bundles...lol[/QUOTE]

I knew I shouldnt have bought it as well.....but it was only a dollar...and soundtracks and the extra crap don't really float my boat anyway.

[quote name='The End']Robin Hood is the only absolute must buy for me here. I've been suggesting that game (as well as dozens more) on their "suggestions for future bundles" tab since June. As for the other steam games.

Fantasy Wars - Already own it on Gamersgate and it will be in the upcoming 1c pack
Men of War - Already own it on Gamersgate and it will be in the upcoming 1c pack
Stellar Impact - it's multi play only, so I have no interest.
Velvet Assassin - I just don't have a lot of interest. It's on $5 on steam, so if I end up regretting that I passed, I can just wait for the next 75% discount and get it for about what I'd pay for it here. Besides, this looks like something that might get repeated in an indie gala bundle at some point.

As for the Desura games, Vitrium & Qasir Al-Wasat both look interesting, but now that we've seen a couple of former Build-A-Bundle games reappear in other bundles, I'm somewhat weary of pulling the trigger on these two.

As for Zombies, the IGS description of that game made it sound like it was a workplace massacre simulator. I'll pass. In fact, if this game were included in a full bundle and I was required to buy it, I'd probably pass on the bundle.

I'll probably wait and see if they do another promo where you only need to buy one game (they usually do that at one point) and I'll just buy Robin Hood.[/QUOTE]

I'll likely buy all the Desura activated games (sans zombies already have that via IGS) as well as Robin Hood. I have that on cd and it's a decently fun game I never finished a few years ago (like a lot of games I've bought).

[quote name='BernardoOne']The staff from groupees said that soundtrack for Zombies is the full 32 tracks.

So yeah, I think I will not ever buy something in indiegamestand again, lol[/QUOTE]

I think it's really up to the devs, so I guess you could blame the dev for not adding the full soundtrack and other bonuses to the IndieGameStand deal. The dev for Megabyte Punch, for example, said they plan on adding the updated/full soundtrack to IGS BTA purchases after the game is finalized.

I figured some of those previously non-bundled games would be in bundles in the future. I mean.. it's IGS, most of their games were already in bundles, makes sense for the others to follow suit. Personally, I'll only be picking up games on IGS that I have a LOT of interest in and will be playing immediately (like Megabyte Punch). I'm glad that's the only game I bought from them.

[quote name='sunghost']I think it's really up to the devs, so I guess you could blame the dev for not adding the full soundtrack and other bonuses to the IndieGameStand deal. The dev for Megabyte Punch, for example, said they plan on adding the updated/full soundtrack to IGS BTA purchases after the game is finalized.

I figured some of those previously non-bundled games would be in bundles in the future. I mean.. it's IGS, most of their games were already in bundles, makes sense for the others to follow suit. Personally, I'll only be picking up games on IGS that I have a LOT of interest in and will be playing immediately (like Megabyte Punch). I'm glad that's the only game I bought from them.[/QUOTE]

Yes. im just a little pissed of, because you can get a more complete version for half the price.

But well, I bought Gnomoria at IGS, that was a great deal and they will add steam keys when the game gets put on the store :)

Sadly I missed Megabyte Punch. Seems really awesome :D

What a random time to go live. I'm debating on whether or not it's worth it to get all the Desura games considering all of them, aside from Zombies, are on Steam Greenlight.

[quote name='Severose']Lol how's it random? It's 12am on the West Coast. =P[/QUOTE]

Didn't think of that. It's 2am here, but still, I'd think it would launch in the morning or something.

I went ahead and got Fantasy Wars and Robin Hood, since I already own Velvet Assassin and generally not into competitive muliplayer, so not super interested in Stellar Impact.

I might come back and pick up a couple others later on.

[quote name='baconcow']Anyone want to split one? I'm only interested in Men of War.[/QUOTE]

I'm only interested in Robin Hood. I guess I'd be willing to split, but I'd want to be the one to buy the bundle just in case they add some extra later on that I'd want. If that's cool with you, send me a PM. If not, I understand. I'll just wait for the inevitable one game minimum that they'll do towards the end of the bundle.

EDIT: Thanks baconcow

I've bought pretty much every Groupees bundle so far. As I was checking out this time, I saw the usual mention of "YAWMA LLC" and as usual, thought it was kind of a weird name for a company. Then it hit me... YAWMA spelled backwards is....

...AMWAY! AMWAY has been selling us bundles! WTF! I don't know how, but they are clearly using these bundles to get us into some shady pyramid scheme. Watch out folks...

Sorry to be that guy, but which games in this bundle do people recommend? Robin Hood, Qasir Al-Wasat, Zombies, and Fantasy Wars seem interesting, but I'm unsure about the rest.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Sorry to be that guy, but which games in this bundle do people recommend? Robin Hood, Qasir Al-Wasat, Zombies, and Fantasy Wars seem interesting, but I'm unsure about the rest.[/QUOTE]

I'm still deciding on games as well. From looking at the Groupees chat, Qasir Al-Wasat is the only one that won't be getting a Steam key if greenlit (not sure if the devs refused, or if they haven't heard back from them). Fantasy Wars and Men of War will be in the eventual Amazon 1C Pack, might be better off waiting for that. I know I'll definitely be getting Vitrum, Qasir Al-Wasat, Zombies, and Robin Hood.

If you're not gonna get the 1C Pack (which will include everything published by 1C on amazon for $15, and come with Steam keys), Men of War and Fantasy Wars are highly recommended. I've also heard good things about Robin Hood.

[quote name='starman9000']Is there a ballpark date for the 1C pack yet?[/QUOTE]

No.

Tony said that he was gonna run another smaller publisher pack (I think it was Stratagy First) to test the key delivery system that they're trying to get into place. They haven't even got a timetable set for that trial pack yet. So if I were to guess, I'd say that the 1c pack probably wont show up until after the new year. Possibly Feb or March. Tony's got the Holiday sales to think about right now which will take precedence over getting the 1c pack up & running.

[quote name='starman9000']Is there a ballpark date for the 1C pack yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is one, Tony is still waiting on Stategy First. He needs to test their system with the Strategy First bundles before he can do anything with the 1C Pack.. which is why it's taking so long, I guess.

EDIT: Damnit, The End ninja'd me.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm still deciding on games as well. From looking at the Groupees chat, Qasir Al-Wasat is the only one that won't be getting a Steam key if greenlit (not sure if the devs refused, or if they haven't heard back from them). Fantasy Wars and Men of War will be in the eventual Amazon 1C Pack, might be better off waiting for that. I know I'll definitely be getting Vitrum, Qasir Al-Wasat, Zombies, and Robin Hood.

If you're not gonna get the 1C Pack (which will include everything published by 1C on amazon for $15, and come with Steam keys), Men of War and Fantasy Wars are highly recommended. I've also heard good things about Robin Hood.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your thoughts and the reminder about the 1C Pack. You saved me a bit of change :)

[quote name='The End']No.

Tony said that he was gonna run another smaller publisher pack (I think it was Stratagy First) to test the key delivery system that they're trying to get into place. They haven't even got a timetable set for that trial pack yet. So if I were to guess, I'd say that the 1c pack probably wont show up until after the new year. Possibly Feb or March. Tony's got the Holiday sales to think about right now which will take precedence over getting the 1c pack up & running.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think there is one, Tony is still waiting on Stategy First. He needs to test their system with the Strategy First bundles before he can do anything with the 1C Pack.. which is why it's taking so long, I guess.

EDIT: Damnit, The End ninja'd me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm still deciding on games as well. From looking at the Groupees chat, Qasir Al-Wasat is the only one that won't be getting a Steam key if greenlit (not sure if the devs refused, or if they haven't heard back from them). Fantasy Wars and Men of War will be in the eventual Amazon 1C Pack, might be better off waiting for that. I know I'll definitely be getting Vitrum, Qasir Al-Wasat, Zombies, and Robin Hood.

If you're not gonna get the 1C Pack (which will include everything published by 1C on amazon for $15, and come with Steam keys), Men of War and Fantasy Wars are highly recommended. I've also heard good things about Robin Hood.[/QUOTE]

Everything on amazon DVG published by 1C? So is it safe to say that it will include everything on this list (obviously not including the demos)?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1...1,p_4:1C&bbn=979455011&ie=UTF8&qid=1352747003

Bought all of the Steam games and Zombies. For a minimum of $4.15, six games isn't bad. I would have preferred Velvet Assassin on 360 for the achievements, but it's probably not worth the money the retail copy is going for. ;) And I can't wait to try out Zombies with all of the special features.

[quote name='Lint21']I've bought pretty much every Groupees bundle so far.[/QUOTE]

Chile' please, I was buying Groupees before they gave out Steam keys. I'm just glad that random CAG (Joeduck or something like that) doesn't spam the forums with his divine Groupees praise anymore... :lol:

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Everything on amazon DVG published by 1C? So is it safe to say that it will include everything on this list (obviously not including the demos)?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A%2111846801%2Cn%3A979455011%2Cp_4%3A1C&bbn=979455011&ie=UTF8&qid=1352747003[/QUOTE]

It should. I know it includes most of those, but can't remember 100% if it includes all of them. Tony posted a list a while back in the thread somewhere (I'm too lazy to find it lol).

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580&page=430

Some titles are missing from that list, but Tony confirmed they're in it (like Men of War Vietnam)

Damn, I didn't realize Fantasy Wars was 1C. I didn't buy Men of War because of the Amazon pack, but I would have waited on Fantasy Wars.

I ended up just getting Fantasy Wars, Robin Hood, and Orczz.

I can't believe they charged $60 for Velvet Assassin on consoles.

[quote name='sunghost']It should. I know it includes most of those, but can't remember 100% if it includes all of them. Tony posted a list a while back in the thread somewhere (I'm too lazy to find it lol).

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580&page=430

Some titles are missing from that list, but Tony confirmed they're in it (like Men of War Vietnam)[/QUOTE]

Thanks..it's funny to look at the King's Bounty games in that list, because with the various editions included in this upcoming 1C bundle, it looks like it might include multiple copies of a couple King's Bounty games

[quote name='poxi']Insecticide will be added after 6000 bundles sold. Meh.[/QUOTE]

That's.. incredibly disappointing. It's not even a full game, nor will it ever be on PC, and it's $3 on Steam.. lol

EliotAndrews your wish has been granted.

Originally Posted by EliotAndrews
I'm sure that this has come up, but I'm quite thrilled about Velvet Assassin being in the next Groupee's bundle. I didn't grab the game when it was less than $2 as a Steam Daily Deal, and this is an excellent opportunity to remedy my mistake.

Strangely enough, the other deal I regret not jumping at was Insecticide: Part 1 of Only 1 when it was about $1.24. One day, that shall be remedied, as well.

[quote name='sunghost']That's.. incredibly disappointing. It's not even a full game, nor will it ever be on PC, and it's $3 on Steam.. lol[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts. It's an episodic game series and there will only ever be one episode. So assuming that you actually get to like the story, you're out of luck, it'll never be finished. I doubt that I'm even gonna bother using my key.

Still, I only spent $.75 on a game that I actually wanted (Robin Hood), so I'm still reasonably happy with this bundle.

bread's done
Back