= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']
Anyway, a new goal has been announced.

Goal 6 @ 6,000 bundles sold: Men of War: Condemned Heroes. Check out that lusty 57 metacritic score.[/QUOTE]

Has that game been in other bundles? I honestly can't keep track of what Men of War games have been in what bundles.

It's crap like this that makes me wish that damned Amazon 1C bundle would get here so I wouldn't have to wrack my brain trying to figure out which bundle Men of War # 335 has been in.

[quote name='Motoki']Has that game been in other bundles? I honestly can't keep track of what Men of War games have been in what bundles.

It's crap like this that makes me wish that damned Amazon 1C bundle would get here so I wouldn't have to wrack my brain trying to figure out which bundle Men of War # 335 has been in.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's the first time it's been in a bundle. Men of War Vietnam was given away by gamefly, it's also in the bundlestars bundle. Men of War was in Build a Bundle 4, and Indie Gala 11. Men of War Red Tide was in Indie Gala 11. I don't know how I manage to remember all of this stuff lol.

One of the Men of Wars (I think maybe Red Tide?) was given away by GMG a while ago, possibly last year.

[quote name='asheskitty']Best all-in-one-page for figuring, "wasn't that in a bundle?" is over on this steam thread.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I regularly follow that thread but I never check the OP. Go figure.

[quote name='sunghost']EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Earth 2160 was given away for free on GMG before (without a Steam key). That just hurts the $5 tier even more.. it's funny that one of the admins seriously thought Be Mine 6 is better than the THQ Humble Bundle lol.[/QUOTE]

ROTFL

It's clear that these idiots don't know squat about video games.

[quote name='sunghost']Dawn of Fantasy was also in the 2nd Greenlight Bundle..[/QUOTE]

It was also given away by IGN back in February. For whatever that's worth.

[quote name='Motoki']Oddly enough, I regularly follow that thread but I never check the OP. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Just like our steam thread! We have an OP?

[quote name='The End']ROTFL

It's clear that these idiots don't know squat about video games.[/QUOTE]

It is automatically better than any Humble Bundle, due to the fact that the keys are individual. And these guys don't fucking delete your account page after you buy without reason, explanation, or refund.

[quote name='Blade']It is automatically better than any Humble Bundle, due to the fact that the keys are individual. And these guys don't fucking delete your account page after you buy without reason, explanation, or refund.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of taking this thread off topic, I guess I gotta ask. Humble deleted your account page?

Groupees always hypes their bundles. They know the THQ bundle is better, but of course they're gonna say "This is the best bundle ever!"

This is probably my least favorite Be Mine so far. Still, happy to get a couple games like Enclave (which has good reviews and has only been around $3 on GOG a few times) and Paranormal. Also nice to get Condemned Heroes simply to pad out my Men of War collection (how many are there, honestly?).

And 3 more bonuses after this? Who knows what they've got up their sleeve...

Ok, amused that some Jolly songs are part of the bonus for this bundle, considering I was listening to the album today. I do want people to check them out, because they are a very good band.

I'm also having a hard time justifying paying $5 for this one, since most of the games I want are at the $1 level.

Goal 7 was reached. New goal announced.

Goal 8 @8,000 bundles sold: Rico - A Tale of Two Brothers
INDIE SPOTLIGHT: DRM-FREE for PC/MAC/Linux. Special Groupees Alpha Build! Rico is an old school jump’n’run game! Run across the levels, jump over obstacles, climb mountains, explore caves, swim through water. Collect coins throughout each level. Avoid mines, acid pits and various deadly enemies along the way. Find upgrades to get abilities like high jump or wall climbing. Reach magic stones to activate checkpoints. Find and use weapons to combat enemies. Fly with a jetpack. Face off against enemies in epic boss battles. Find hidden areas. Hop on moving platforms. 4 difficulty levels to keep you challenged. If you like platformers, you’ll love Rico!

Man I hate when they add DRM free games to bundles as bonuses. I feel like a kid who unwrapped a Christmas present only to find out it's clothes and you have to fake a weak smile and pretend to be grateful to your Aunt that didn't get you what you really wanted.

Ugh.. another "special" alpha build? Do not want. I'm fine with alpha games that come with Desura keys, because you know they'll eventually be updated.. but not this "special" alpha build crap that will never be updated.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they give us a desura key or something. Can't really know for sure based on the wording.

[quote name='sunghost']Ugh.. another "special" alpha build? Do not want. I'm fine with alpha games that come with Desura keys, because you know they'll eventually be updated.. but not this "special" alpha build crap that will never be updated.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they give us a desura key or something. Can't really know for sure based on the wording.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I had no problem getting 99 Levels to Hell as an alpha build, but it was a Desura key. Easy updating. Hopefully they'll update the download on Groupees when the beta rolls along and such.

Not sure what use there is about complaining at DRM-free games though. I love DRM-free, and so do lots of people. I'd rather not Steam take over the entire internet... just most of it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not sure what use there is about complaining at DRM-free games though. I love DRM-free, and so do lots of people. I'd rather not Steam take over the entire internet... just most of it.[/QUOTE]

I think people are starting to use "DRM-free" to mean anything where you just download an installer, instead of using a digital download store client. This is mostly referring to the fact that you have to manually track, download and install any updates to the game. Obviously 99% of the games on Desura are DRM-free (in the real meaning of the term) but Desura will update it for you if it needs to (which is why I like Desura more than Steam).

[quote name='seamoss']I think people are starting to use "DRM-free" to mean anything where you just download an installer, instead of using a digital download store client. This is mostly referring to the fact that you have to manually track, download and install any updates to the game. Obviously 99% of the games on Desura are DRM-free (in the real meaning of the term) but Desura will update it for you if it needs to (which is why I like Desura more than Steam).[/QUOTE]
True, I'd rather have a Desura key than DRM-free too, for that reason, but DRM-free is still DRM-free.

I haven't had bad experiences with Groupees, and I use them often, so it's not a big deal for me. Now Bundle-in-a-Box... I'd rather not have DRM-free from them. Just comes down to preference to what sites you frequent, I suppose.

[quote name='Idiotekque']True, I'd rather have a Desura key than DRM-free too, for that reason, but DRM-free is still DRM-free.

I haven't had bad experiences with Groupees, and I use them often, so it's not a big deal for me. Now Bundle-in-a-Box... I'd rather not have DRM-free from them. Just comes down to preference to what sites you frequent, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Bundle in a box was down for me for a while so I can understand that concern.

[quote name='seamoss']I think people are starting to use "DRM-free" to mean anything where you just download an installer, instead of using a digital download store client. This is mostly referring to the fact that you have to manually track, download and install any updates to the game. Obviously 99% of the games on Desura are DRM-free (in the real meaning of the term) but Desura will update it for you if it needs to (which is why I like Desura more than Steam).[/QUOTE]

Yes thank you. This is exactly what I meant.

Also my post was meant somewhat tongue in cheek comparing myself to a kid not getting the present they wanted, realizing that it's a bit spoiled of me to complain about something for free.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If the final bonus is not Eschalon Book 2, I will whine considerably. Just saying.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that Jonny said that it was "something different" and not on Steam.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If the final bonus is not Eschalon Book 2, I will whine considerably. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Seriously doubt that. Most likely they are saving that for another bundle, if at all. Since book 3 is not out yet, book 2 is essentially the latest game by Basilisk. In fact, I think the only reason they put book 1 in the bundle is get people into the whole series and get them to buy the other books.

[quote name='Detruire']I'm sure that Jonny said that it was "something different" and not on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

[quote name='seamoss']Seriously doubt that. Most likely they are saving that for another bundle, if at all. Since book 3 is not out yet, book 2 is essentially the latest game by Basilisk. In fact, I think the only reason they put book 1 in the bundle is get people into the whole series and get them to buy the other books.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Personally, I tried the demo of both games, and I didn't care for Book I. I've been considering buying book 2 for a while now. Was hoping to get it here, but I guess not.

They've revealed the last (9th) goal.

I'm not sure what to think of this other than that the saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" comes to mind.

[quote name='http://groupees.com/bm6']Project Stealth

GROUPEES STARTER: A spin on Kickstarter and other group-funding ideas, this project will be funded, managed, resourced and influenced by Groupees and its community of game lovers. Project Stealth is being developed as a sidescrolling platformer in the Metroidvania sub-genre for PC, MAC and Linux. Purchasers of this bundle will get the following: 1). Exclusive dev-level access to the game as it gets developed; 2). Opportunity to influence all game elements including art, music and game design; 3). Opportunity to contribute to production, including naming game characters, designing weapons and levels and composing music; 4). All versions of the game as it gets developed, from prototype to the final production release, even Steam keys once the project is Greenlighted! :)[/quote]

Wait they letting random idiots people on the internet influence their game? Yeah, that will end well.

The only saving grace to that is that in my experience pretty much every time a developer has said that it's been lip service.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait they letting random idiots people on the internet influence their game? Yeah, that will end well.

The only saving grace to that is that in my experience pretty much every time a developer has said that it's been lip service.[/QUOTE]

It's worked somewhat with Kickstarters for board games. The idea of community input into a game is a good one, even if the outcome seems to likely be dubious.

I'll find it interesting to watch, and for that reason I rather like having it as one of the items in this bundle. Let's keep it at the one, though.

Two and a Half hours left in this bundle. Guess I should finally get around to buying it.

In for a buck to get Enclave.

EDIT: I just noticed that you now actually have to check off a box if you want 20% of your purchase to go to charity. That's new. Not the same thing as the slider that Humble has, but it gives you some control if you happen to not like the charity for that particular bundle.

Wait, Two Worlds Epic Edition is on Steam, but they won't let me activate the key for the one I bought? What the hell? They only gave me like three uses too. What a crappy developer...

[quote name='PetersHere']Wait, Two Worlds Epic Edition is on Steam, but they won't let me activate the key for the one I bought? What the hell? They only gave me like three uses too. What a crappy developer...[/QUOTE]
That's the publisher which claimed that none of their games have activation limits on Steam any more [1], and the dev which also claimed the same thing about Two Worlds II. [2] From what I've been reading on the Steam community and SPUF is sounds like both of these claims are false. :censored:

I'm a Mac user so most of these games I'll have to boot over into boot camp to play and I've never heard of any of them but it's only 5 bucks and its a good amount of games and music and it helps charity. Win win.

Great bundle, glad i saw this right at the end (1 hour left). A friend of mine was an intern working on Dawn of Fantasy, been waiting for it to go on steam to pick it up.

Thanks OP

[quote name='Detruire']That's the publisher which claimed that none of their games have activation limits on Steam any more [1], and the dev which also claimed the same thing about Two Worlds II. [2] From what I've been reading on the Steam community and SPUF is sounds like both of these claims are false. :censored:[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen confirmation yet of the activation limits being removed, or still being there. All I've heard is that the activation limits still exist for TW2 Castle Defense.. which is a different game entirely. Can you link to any posts with confirmation?

[quote name='aronater']Build a Greenlight is live over on the Groupees website![/QUOTE]
So how long will it take for these to make it up on the Steam store?

[quote name='MulderYuffie']So how long will it take for these to make it up on the Steam store?[/QUOTE]

Who knows? Could take a while. I think I'll approach this bundle by looking at the games themselves, with the chance for Steam keys later down the road as a nice bonus.
By the way does Wooden Sen'Sey look gorgeous, or what?

This bundle is a HUGE step up over both of the "Greenight Bundles" hosted at www.thegreenlightbundle.com

Groupees had the sense to offer desura keys, where the Greenlight Bundle guys didn't. Also, there's only 1 repeat from the Groupees bundle (Eryi's Action), where as there were many for the Greenlight Bundles.

This is how a Greenlight Bundle SHOULD be done. Bought all of the games I didn't have without hesitation.

[quote name='sunghost']This bundle is a HUGE step up over both of the "Greenight Bundles" hosted at www.thegreenlightbundle.com

Groupees had the sense to offer desura keys, where the Greenlight Bundle guys didn't. Also, there's only 1 repeat from the Groupees bundle (Eryi's Action), where as there were many for the Greenlight Bundles.

This is how a Greenlight Bundle SHOULD be done. Bought all of the games I didn't have without hesitation.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and bought all of them. I do hope they'll get steam keys eventually though.

Bought them all as well. Some of these are unlikely to ever make it into Steam however since there are Desura keys for all I really don't feel bad about that.

I'd rather have a Desura key now than a maybe/maybe not Steam key down the line.

Mind you I won't complain if I get a steam key later either :p but still I want a client key right now.

*Edit: Did anyone else not get a key for Millennium: A New Hope? Is it something they are adding later? The page doesn't say.

*Edit 2: ShiftySlug says no Desura key for Millennium. Supposedly he will check with the developer or something since the game is on there. LAME.

[quote name='Motoki']Bought them all as well. Some of these are unlikely to ever make it into Steam however since there are Desura keys for all I really don't feel bad about that.

I'd rather have a Desura key now than a maybe/maybe not Steam key down the line.

Mind you I won't complain if I get a steam key later either :p but still I want a client key right now.

*Edit: Did anyone else not get a key for Millennium: A New Hope? Is it something they are adding later? The page doesn't say.

*Edit 2: ShiftySlug says no Desura key for Millennium. Supposedly he will check with the developer or something since the game is on there. LAME.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they get desura keys for that one. I was going to buy them all but that game and that's because no key was offered.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hopefully they get desura keys for that one. I was going to buy them all but that game and that's because no key was offered.[/QUOTE]

They had Dreamscape (from the same developer as Millennium) in a past bundle and they eventually did get a Desura key for it but it was a long time and well after the bundle had ended.

I am hoping they do the same here, though sooner would be nice, particularly if they want to sell more of that game in this bundle.

I did send an email off to Jonny Cappuccino ([email protected]) about it so hopefully that will help bring it to their attention that same people want the Desura key. Probably wouldn't hurt if other people emailed or twittered him about it either.

The chat is usually just the euro-slugs which I think are more the underlings.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hopefully they get desura keys for that one. I was going to buy them all but that game and that's because no key was offered.[/QUOTE]

It took a while for Groupees to get keys for Dreamscape (same developer as Millennium). Maybe they skipped getting keys for Millennium because it took too long to get keys for Dreamscape? No idea, but there's a definite possibility Desura keys for it will get added later.

Some developers are completely oblivious and have no idea that their games are being sold on Desura, it's hilarious. The dev for Blueberry Garden (the game currently being sold on IGS) was asked if Desura keys would be provided to IGS for his game, and his reply was that his game wasn't on Desura lmao (which is wrong, because it is on Desura).

Update. I emailed Aldorlea and they very quickly replied and responded that they gave the okay to Groupees to distribute Desura keys for Millennium

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: Desura keys for Millennium in Groupees Greenlight Bundle
To:
> Hi,
> So my question is will there be a Desura key issued to purchasers of Millennium: A New Hope in the Groupees Greenlight bundle at some > point?

I just said OK to groupees so you should get them. :)

Also Jonny just replied at nearly the same time

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Desura key for Millennium: A New Hope
To:

Hi Michael,
We are working to get Desura keys for Millennium. He has promised to provide but in the past it takes a bit of time to get them from him.
Thanks,
Jonny

[quote name='Motoki']Update. I emailed Aldorlea and they very quickly replied and responded that they gave the okay to Groupees to distribute Desura keys for Millennium

Also Jonny just replied at nearly the same time[/QUOTE]

Looks like a complete bundle sold to me then

You see, this is why Motoki is clearly the superior poster to me. I would have just grumbled a little bit on one of a few message boards about how there were no desura keys included for that game. But then I would have moved on and quietly let it go.

Not Motoki. Motoki demands answers! And he's not afraid to take time out of his busy day to email the folks at groupies AND the dev himself to get the problem sorted out.

Motoki, making bundle purchasing just a little bit safer for you and me.

[quote name='The End']You see, this is why Motoki is clearly the superior poster to me. I would have just grumbled a little bit on one of a few message boards about how there were no desura keys included for that game. But then I would have moved on and quietly let it go.

Not Motoki. Motoki demands answers! And he's not afraid to take time out of his busy day to email the folks at groupies AND the dev himself to get the problem sorted out.

Motoki, making bundle purchasing just a little bit safer for you and me.[/QUOTE]

It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it. :mrgreen:

It's funny because I didn't include it above but I also mentioned to the Aldorlea developer that I knew some other people that also wanted a Desura key and might be on the fence about getting Millennium in the bundle without one.

He asked who are these people?

I said 'Oh just some internet friends. We are all kind of OCD about wanting our games in a client. Thanks for understanding'

Then he said No problem, enjoy the game!

Groupees is now in my top 3 bundle list, alongside indiegala and humble.
Im probably gonna get all the games except for Millennium and Eryi's Action. Eryi's looks like one of those games that is more fun to watch than actually play. Id probably destroy my keyboard playing it.

Can anyone change my mind about Millennium? I dont see whats so great about it. It just looks like a generic 2d old school rpg.

I doubt many of these games will be greenlit, but its nice that desura keys are included.
If even one of these games is greenlit, it will be worth the money.

I got my eye on Private Infiltrator. Its a terrible title, but the game looks fun.

[quote name='JakeNome']Can anyone change my mind about Millennium? I dont see whats so great about it. It just looks like a generic 2d old school rpg.
[/QUOTE]

Well it's highly regarded at Big Fish, but that may be either a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

I think the price difference is fairly minimal for 5 or 6 vs 7 games so as long as they are doing Desura for them all I just went for the whole thing.

It's $4.67 for 5, $5.22 for 6 and $5.74 for 7.

bread's done
Back