= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Installing QuickTime Alternative let me play Hatoful Boyfriend and actually the group who did this I don't believe they translated the menus in the program for saving and such so you have to experiment with those. I'm surprised they would decide to sell it like this (The one who is selling it and the Groupees for offering it), as it seems like a pain to get working for some and I don't like quicktime either even in the alternative form.
Trying to play the Pigeon fuck -ing game makes me think of:

wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg

Is Chess avaliable on Steam yet? I'll have to ask JakeNome.

Installing QuickTime Alternative let me play Hatoful Boyfriend and actually the group who did this I don't believe they translated the menus in the program for saving and such so you have to experiment with those. I'm surprised they would decide to sell it like this (The one who is selling it and the Groupees for offering it), as it seems like a pain to get working for some and I don't like quicktime either even in the alternative form. Hellsinker is also done by the same translation group so I'll see if there's any issues with that game and report here if needed. I am sadly excited to play Hatoful Boyfriend now that it's running!

Edit: Hellsinker works fine but dang pretty dang doujin.....didn't really understand what I was doing but it was ok.
Hellsinker is beyond my purview but I have heard that it is quite good but has some ridiculously complex meters to track. You may need to bone up on some wikis or something. Reflex, Exceed 2 and 3, and Diadra Empty all seemed quite manageable in comparison.

If you remember, Groupees's last doujin bundle included Yatagarasu Jap version as a functional but unwieldy demo to pimp the Indiegogo of the "REAL WORLD OUTSIDE NIPLAND" release with updates.

Still holding out for CrimsonClover to get a real release outside Japan.

Oh and there's no way in hell I'm letting QuickTime near my PC in anything other than a VMWare emulated PC. I already dealt with it ten years ago, and that was more than enough.
Quicktime?! Hell to the mf no!

I was thinking about picking up the pigeon sim when the 1-game minimum hit, but not if this is involved. I'd rather just take care of pigeons IRL and arrange my own avian marriages.

Quicktime?! Hell to the mf no!

I was thinking about picking up the pigeon sim when the 1-game minimum hit, but not if this is involved. I'd rather just take care of pigeons IRL and arrange my own avian marriages.
Send me 70 cents (price break) and I'll let you shoot all the feathery flying creatures you want at my house. ;)

Put that shit in quotes man! Don't want to see you get silenced again...
On the other hand, it would cut down on half the trippy LSD-induced posts in the forum...

...JK, I like ML's posts, even though half the time I have no clue about what he's posting (and, I suspect, neither does he).

On the other hand, it would cut down on half the trippy LSD-induced posts in the forum...

...JK, I like ML's posts, even though half the time I have no clue about what he's posting (and, I suspect, neither does he).

Ouch #ThatLastThing

105390.jpg

I liked your posts more when you were getting sponsored by Fueled By DMT.

This is my first time in this thread. I'm wondering a few things. Is this like humble bundles where you pay a minimum price for these games? How much do I need to pay to get the seven games plus the bonus games? And it looks like only Higurashi and eXceed 2nd activate on Steam. There's no FAQ in the OP.

This is my first time in this thread. I'm wondering a few things. Is this like humble bundles where you pay a minimum price for these games? How much do I need to pay to get the seven games plus the bonus games? And it looks like only Higurashi and eXceed 2nd activate on Steam. There's no FAQ in the OP.
It's self-explanatory.. You click on the games you want and it automatically adjusts the price. Higurashi doesn't activate on Steam, because it's not on Steam yet. Higurashi comes with a desura key, one of the admins stated they don't know if they'll get Steam keys for that game. eXceed 2 does activate on steam though.

I would advise against getting the Pigeon- fuck ing game. Unless your into that kind of thing. Where "that kind of thing" is a game that doesn't work so you can't play it.

It's self-explanatory.. You click on the games you want and it automatically adjusts the price. Higurashi doesn't activate on Steam, because it's not on Steam yet. Higurashi comes with a desura key, one of the admins stated they don't know if they'll get Steam keys for that game. eXceed 2 does activate on steam though.
Great, thanks, I bought them all. I heard Higurashi got greenlit for Steam. What is Desura? And is Higurashi the full VN? VNs, like most Japanese media, is stupid expensive. Getting the full VN of Higurashi plus 6 other games for less than the cost of lunch sounds too good to be true.

I would advise against getting the Pigeon- fuck ing game. Unless your into that kind of thing. Where "that kind of thing" is a game that doesn't work so you can't play it.
Wish I saw this earlier. I clicked first and asked questions later. Well, I only paid a few cents extra for it.

Great, thanks, I bought them all. I heard Higurashi got greenlit for Steam. What is Desura? And is Higurashi the full VN? VNs, like most Japanese media, is stupid expensive. Getting the full VN of Higurashi plus 6 other games for less than the cost of lunch sounds too good to be true.

Wish I saw this earlier. I clicked first and asked questions later. Well, I only paid a few cents extra for it.
Hey, let me know if you get it working...teach me the ways of the Force, so I can grow up to be a Pigeon- fuck er like my father...er something...I think it's possible, others have done it I believe...I just ain't got time for that.

Higurashi is the first 4 chapters. There's an "answers" arc which is chapter 5-8, but it doesn't come with it, and I'm not sure the answers part will make it to Steam. Yeah, Higurashi got greenlit but Groupees doesn't know if they'll receive Steam keys for it. Desura is another platform for PC games, and has its own client similar to Steam, but most games are DRM-free on it.

OK, so being clueless about Japanese visual novel games, which ones are worth getting from this bundle? I don't care about Steam.

OK, so being clueless about Japanese visual novel games, which ones are worth getting from this bundle? I don't care about Steam.
There's only 2 visual novels. Get When They Cry, for sure. A lot of people seem to like Hatoful Boyfriend, but it requires quicktime to run.. not sure if it's worth the hassle, but many people seem to like it.

Hatoful Boyfriend is a freeware pigeon-dating sim. That should help you decide.

Hey, let me know if you get it working...teach me the ways of the Force, so I can grow up to be a Pigeon- fuck er like my father...er something...I think it's possible, others have done it I believe...I just ain't got time for that.
I'll get right on that... never.

Higurashi is the first 4 chapters. There's an "answers" arc which is chapter 5-8, but it doesn't come with it, and I'm not sure the answers part will make it to Steam. Yeah, Higurashi got greenlit but Groupees doesn't know if they'll receive Steam keys for it. Desura is another platform for PC games, and has its own client similar to Steam, but most games are DRM-free on it.
I see. Thanks. Playing Higurashi now.

Like i said, I'm playing Higurashi now. And my god, the character models are so ugly. In the anime, everything looked great. Especially delicious Miyo. Can't imagine how she'll look in this disaster zone.

Like i said, I'm playing Higurashi now. And my god, the character models are so ugly. In the anime, everything looked great. Especially delicious Miyo. Can't imagine how she'll look in this disaster zone.
Yeah that's the only thing that looked bad with the VN. There's a When They Cry VN on PS2 that has the same art as the anime, it looks much better than the PC version, but I'm not sure if it's the same story.

You have to give the VN credit though.. it came first, then the anime came years later. I think the VN started it all.

street of moscow is drm free oh that jst sad
I was disappointed with that too. Streets of Moscow and AIM Racing are drm-free because it's not sold on steam separately. It's only in the 1C Racing Collection. If AIM Racing and Streets of Moscow came with steam keys, I'd instabuy the bundle.

Having played a lot of Japanese games on PC, getting them running isn't really that big of a deal. Everyone whined about running Yatagarasu too, and that was a piece of cake. If all else fails, installing Quicktime takes what, 5 minutes? Do you not have 50MB or so of free space for an unobtrusive media player? Seriously you guys... If it's not crying about DRM, it's something else.

Having played a lot of Japanese games on PC, getting them running isn't really that big of a deal. Everyone whined about running Yatagarasu too, and that was a piece of cake. If all else fails, installing Quicktime takes what, 5 minutes? Do you not have 50MB or so of free space for an unobtrusive media player? Seriously you guys... If it's not crying about DRM, it's something else.
The problem is that, when installed, Quicktime tends to take a massive dump all over a PC's multimedia codecs and settings.

No, I don't really care much about DRM or the 50Mb. Quicktime is bloatware, pure and simple. I have yet to find any piece of software that Apple re-jiggered for Windows that wasn't a complete disaster.

In general terms, though, if it takes more than a bit of effort to get it to run, I'll probably give up for two reasons: 1) I don't really have the patience to fight with something when I have a massive backlog of games, most of which will probably require little to no effort to run; and 2) I'd prefer not to risk screwing up my system with a lot of jiggery-pokery.

Yeah that's the only thing that looked bad with the VN. There's a When They Cry VN on PS2 that has the same art as the anime, it looks much better than the PC version, but I'm not sure if it's the same story.

You have to give the VN credit though.. it came first, then the anime came years later. I think the VN started it all.

I was disappointed with that too. Streets of Moscow and AIM Racing are drm-free because it's not sold on steam separately. It's only in the 1C Racing Collection. If AIM Racing and Streets of Moscow came with steam keys, I'd instabuy the bundle.
i think it hurts them more cause i had friend who waitng for this but find out it drm free so he buying on steam instead

The problem is that, when installed, Quicktime tends to take a massive dump all over a PC's multimedia codecs and settings.
I've had Quicktime on multiple computers, and I always just use the KLite codec pack along with WMPC or VLC. Quicktime has never once fucked anything up for me, but fair enough.

It actually goes beyond that. I received a game in Japanese. No English translation. No instructions on how to get an English translation. Maybe I'm crazy but I shouldn't have to learn Japanese before I virtually f*ck a Pigeon.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Quicktime sucks (and so does Lost Planet....or so I hear)

It actually goes beyond that. I received a game in Japanese. No English translation. No instructions on how to get an English translation. Maybe I'm crazy but I shouldn't have to learn Japanese before I virtually f*ck a Pigeon.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Quicktime sucks (and so does Lost Planet....or so I hear)
Is it completely in Japanese, or are the menus just in Japanese? The Groupees trailer showed the actual game dialogue in English.

Is it completely in Japanese, or are the menus just in Japanese? The Groupees trailer showed the actual game dialogue in English.
rm0ikz.png

Its actually just the Menus. I downloaded QT Alt Lite and used that to get by the .wav error hurdle (why does their entire game need QT to render?!?, those wacky Japanese) and the characters text were garbaged up. The trick here is that you have to change your Region in Control panel to "Japanese". Then the text renders correctly.

I've even included a screenshot (i'm talking to my new pigeon (girl?boy?) friend):

rm0ikz.png
rm0ikz.jpg

So, it is possible...after jumping through some hurdles, like installing sh*itty rendering software and changing my Windows OS region and swearing my eternal allegiance to the Japanese Empire, I could run this fine Pigeon fuck ing simulator.

Do I wish to continue?.....ummmm...not really. It was a lot of clicky-clicky-texty-texty....not enough fuck y- fuck y.

There's an old MS utility ("Microsoft AppLocale Utility") that can change the locale on a per-program basis. (I think you have to "run as administrator" the installer in you have UAC enabled.)
UAC should never be enabled else your real life sanity meter quickly depletes and bugs crawl over the screen as your second guessing counterpart asks you for the third time if you're sure you wanted to load the program that you clicked.

UAC should never be enabled else your real life sanity meter quickly depletes and bugs crawl over the screen as your second guessing counterpart asks you for the third time if you're sure you wanted to load the program that you clicked.
That was only the case with Vista. Seven usually only asks once, and so far 8 seems to ask even less.

The trick here is that you have to change your Region in Control panel to "Japanese". Then the text renders correctly.
Yup, the VAST majority of Japanese games and programs require that.

There's an old MS utility ("Microsoft AppLocale Utility") that can change the locale on a per-program basis. (I think you have to "run as administrator" the installer in you have UAC enabled.)
That's the easiest way. Good utility to have either way.

rm0ikz.png

Its actually just the Menus. I downloaded QT Alt Lite and used that to get by the .wav error hurdle (why does their entire game need QT to render?!?, those wacky Japanese) and the characters text were garbaged up. The trick here is that you have to change your Region in Control panel to "Japanese". Then the text renders correctly.

I've even included a screenshot (i'm talking to my new pigeon (girl?boy?) friend):

rm0ikz.png
rm0ikz.jpg

So, it is possible...after jumping through some hurdles, like installing sh*itty rendering software and changing my Windows OS region and swearing my eternal allegiance to the Japanese Empire, I could run this fine Pigeon fuck ing simulator.

Do I wish to continue?.....ummmm...not really. It was a lot of clicky-clicky-texty-texty....not enough fuck y- fuck y.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

60932.jpg

bread's done
Back