= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']I thought Rico was an alpha not on Steam or Desura? I didn't think it was a demo.[/QUOTE]
They said that it's an extended demo.

[quote name='Detruire']They said that it's an extended demo.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Groupees page']INDIE SPOTLIGHT: DRM-FREE for PC/MAC/Linux. Special Groupees Alpha Build! Rico is an old school jump’n’run game! Run across the levels, jump over obstacles, climb mountains, explore caves, swim through water. Collect coins throughout each level. Avoid mines, acid pits and various deadly enemies along the way. Find upgrades to get abilities like high jump or wall climbing. Reach magic stones to activate checkpoints. Find and use weapons to combat enemies. Fly with a jetpack. Face off against enemies in epic boss battles. Find hidden areas. Hop on moving platforms. 4 difficulty levels to keep you challenged. If you like platformers, you’ll love Rico![/quote]
Where did you see that Rico was an extended demo? All I can see (and saw) is that it's an alpha build. Then again, if Groupees never offers updates to it, it's not much better than a demo.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Where did you see that Rico was an extended demo? All I can see (and saw) is that it's an alpha build. Then again, if Groupees never offers updates to it, it's not much better than a demo.[/QUOTE]
I remember the dev saying (in the chat - he was in there for quite a while) that Groupees said that they didn't want the full game, but I'm not sure if he explicitly said that it was a demo - or whether I interpreted 'not the full game' as being a demo.

[quote name='walkonshadows']How the hell do you know when they've stopped adding bonuses. It literally overlapping the percentage counter now.[/QUOTE]

Uh, when the bundle is over?

They tend to keep adding and adding bonuses, especially with this bundle. Even if it's 75% music free is free and that's okay by me.

[quote name='Motoki']Uh, when the bundle is over?

They tend to keep adding and adding bonuses, especially with this bundle. Even if it's 75% music free is free and that's okay by me.[/QUOTE]

Do you realize you just made a rhyme? That means... You could be a rapper, ikotoMo Dawg!

Hmm Jonny Cappucino just said this in the chat (and can I just complain for the billionth time that I hate that Groupees uses a 1990s AOL style chat room to disseminate their information?)

Jonny Cappuccino
4:34 PM
but the last bonus, if i can make happen, will be still pretty sweet

Jonny Cappuccino
4:35 PM
something to look forward to

Jonny Cappuccino
4:35 PM
btw, i should know by tomorrow if i've been successful in my efforts

Jonny Cappuccino
4:36 PM
i'm tring to add one that wasn't originally planned

Jonny Cappuccino
4:36 PM
so an extra extra

Jonny Cappuccino
4:44 PM
have a BIG music bundle launching soon

next game bundle in jan

cover.png

AKANEIRO: DEMON HUNTERS (CLOSED BETA)
Groupees Exclusive Closed Beta Access to all Bundle Buyers! Beta invite coming once bundle closes. Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is a unique Action-RPG adventure presented within a vivid and expressive hand-painted style world. Featuring narrative themes driven by the classic Red Riding Hood tale merged with Eastern Folklore. Discover fantastic locales, meet bizarre characters and hunt ancient demons, all set to the backdrop of late Edo period Japan.

*Edit: This game is by Spicy Horse which is the Chinese software developer that did Alice: The Madness Returns.

TL;DR for the below is it's a closed beta for a game that will eventually be F2P. He's working to try to get one last non-beta bonus game in the bundle still.

Jonny Cappuccino
6:51 PM
so new bonus added
you can refresh your browsers if you want to see

Jonny Cappuccino
6:57 PM
*waiting with baited breath for comments/complaints*

Emre
6:57 PM
This person is speaking Turkish -- Enable Translation
oh beta again :/ kinda let down for me

Jonny Cappuccino
6:58 PM
understand...

don't like to letdown our fans

but La-Mulana + Underrail were the featured bonuses

and I think we did well with those

Emre
6:59 PM
yeah they are the greatest

Jonny Cappuccino
though this is simply a closed beta invite, the game is really fun
having played myself

Emre
i'm sure getting extra games are hard but the thing i dont install beta games :(

Jonny Cappuccino
7:00 PM
understand
well, maybe I can deliver one final game
am endeavoring with all my might
a real game
lol

Emre
lol

Jonny Cappuccino
and i do wield weaponry that would make the Pentagon modest
if it is required to persuade

Paul
7:24 PM
What does closed beta mean?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:24 PM
sometimes devs allow anyone to participate in a beta
just request and they send you a key/invite
closed means the public isn't invited

Paul
7:25 PM
We don't get the full game of Akaneiro?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:26 PM
mind you, i didn't source this bundle
but from what i understand Akaneiro will eventually be released as a free game

Paul
Free or free to play?

Jonny Cappuccino
sorry, think free to play
but a bit unclear to me
this is Shifty's bonus

Paul
7:27 PM
So it's like Dota 2 then? Lots of keys given out but no premium content?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:28 PM
reluctant to say exactly
for now, u get to play a game that no one else can
and it's fun

Paul
7:28 PM
Well as long as it's finishable w/o the need to pay

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...

Anyway, more Groupees chat

TL;DR: Last bonus is an adventure game. On Greenlight. Remake of an old game. Due to be released in January. PC and Mac. The classic version is PC only.

(me: Leisure Suit Larry maybe?)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:09 AM
well was working on getting yet another game bonus for this bundle
since there are so few games already

Anne (Driftmoon)
9:10 AM
This person is speaking Finnish -- Enable Translation
Ha :)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:10 AM
and with all my considerable charm
i was able to persuade another dev to join the fun here

Davide Roriz
9:11 AM
This person is speaking Portuguese -- Enable Translation
I wonder if that game will be as awesome as you are Jonny :)

Jonny Cappuccino
not likely

Anne (Driftmoon)
Way to go Jonny! :)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:12 AM
but i'm pleased to say it is a genre not well represented in this bundle
adventure!

Anne (Driftmoon)
Sounds good!

Jonny Cappuccino
and it's two for one
that is one bonus, two games
one classic, one new
**** i'm good

Davide Roriz
9:13 AM
This person is speaking Portuguese -- Enable Translation
is the new already released or still under development? :p

Jonny Cappuccino
the new one is on greenlight

Jonny Cappuccino
mac + pc
but due to be released in january
the classic is pc only
fun surprises!
i'm horrible keeping surprises secret
so don't torture me
i'll surely crack

I pretty much only want these games if they're going to eventually get Greenlighted. What are the chances of that? Some of these do look really good though.

[quote name='Motoki']I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...
[/QUOTE]

Three people! I think this is one of the better bundles Groupees have thrown together. Super low entry fee, pick what you want and good bonuses. I'd wanted to try La-Mulana for a while and was pretty shocked to see it as a bonus. If they want to keep throwing me even more bonuses, I'll take 'em.

[quote name='Motoki']I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

I care. I'm just far from home with limited computer access. I'm glad to see your posts updating the info on the bundle, but it's not like it's not like it's going to make me run out and buy this bundle. I grabbed it a good week ago.

(And the LSL remake would be an awesome bonus.)

La Mulana and Salvation Prophecy are all but certain to get Greenlit. Not entirely sure on the others but Tsel you should come around to the ways of Desura. It's really not bad. ;)

The next bonus is also supposed to have a Mac version FYI.

[quote name='Motoki']I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

I love it. La-Mulana is great. Tough going but not so hard that I get frustrated and walk away. Feels like an old counsel game from my youth. My only complaint is how far you have to back-track to heal.

[quote name='Motoki']La Mulana and Salvation Prophecy are all but certain to get Greenlit. Not entirely sure on the others but Tsel you should come around to the ways of Desura. It's really not bad. ;)

The next bonus is also supposed to have a Mac version FYI.[/QUOTE]

You sold me. So which of the games are worth getting? I'll probably just end up getting them all in hopes that they all eventually get greenlit.

I give a crap! I just haven't had the time to sit down and figure out which games I might actually like. Gonna read a few pages back.

[quote name='Motoki']I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it.[/QUOTE]

It's one of their best bundles, if not the best. I think the problem is not as many people care about "greenlight" bundles that don't have any immediate Steam keys attached. That, and Groupees isn't super great at advertising, they never list any of their sub-bundles under their "featured" category on their homepage. When it first went live, the bundle didn't always appear on the homepage, it popped up at random.. you had to click on "More" to get to it. Site has some serious design issues that hold back their advertising.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Bought 5 bundles for the sole purpose of gifting la-mulana when it gets greenlit :D. Probably one of their best bundles :)[/QUOTE]

I'm actually thinking of stocking up too because you know all the people who are turning their nose up now because of no Steam keys are all going to want cheap La Mulana keys once it gets Greenlit. :p

Yeah, I bought an extra copy of Salvation Prophecy when they had the one game deal on Christmas just so I could get an extra key of SP & La Mulana if they get greenlit.

[quote name='Motoki']I'm actually thinking of stocking up too because you know all the people who are turning their nose up now because of no Steam keys are all going to want cheap La Mulana keys once it gets Greenlit. :p[/QUOTE]
But what if everyone thinks that way (or it doesn't get greenlit.) ;)

I dont know anything about these games. Could someone give me their opinion of the best games in the bundle, since I'm not going to get all of them? Thanks.

[quote name='Punisher138']I dont know anything about these games. Could someone give me their opinion of the best games in the bundle, since I'm not going to get all of them? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty subjective, but I went for Salvation Prophecy, Wooden Sensey, and Oozi.

Private Infiltrator doesn't look like something that I'd play (in general, I ed up raging at games with the main objective being stealth), I played the Eryi's demo and hated it, while Millennium and Beware don't look like anything special.

Recruits and I Shall Remain look fine, but I'm not all that interested, and it's unlikely that I'll ever get around to playing them, so I didn't bother. I would have gone for Recruits if I had some mates who'd play with me (but we've already got a load of games to play together - and not enough time when we're all available simultaneously.)

I haven't seen any recommendations in regards to Beware Planet Earth, one way or another. It seems like fun enough tower defense. Might try it.

I love platformers so I'll be picking up Oozi. The problems that M_F_A_H mentioned scare me off from Wooden Sen'Sey, though.

Salvation Prophecy and I Shall Remain look pretty "meh." from their YouTube videos, but you guys seem to like them? I know TotalBiscuit slammed Salvation Prophecy in the latest TGS podcast.

I was going to try out the Recruits demo before I decided on it, but I have to install the Unreal Development Kit to play??

[quote name='Motoki']I'm actually thinking of stocking up too because you know all the people who are turning their nose up now because of no Steam keys are all going to want cheap La Mulana keys once it gets Greenlit. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeap, once it gets greenlit(probably next greenlight batch, this one of the most popular games on greenlight) there will be quite a demand for it. Easy profit :D. Thinking about it now, I think I will pickup a few more copies once they do that thing when you can buy only 1 game.

In other news, really enjoying Private Infiltrator :)

I love this bundle, but then again I love all Groupees bundles for some reason. I already bought two copies, but I'm curious about what game I would grab if I wanted a third for an extra Mulana key...

In other news, has anyone tried Paranormal from the other bundle yet?

[quote name='BernardoOne']In other news, really enjoying Private Infiltrator :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's my old eyes, but from the trailer this game looks frustratingly dark and confusing. Does it actually play better?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Maybe I'll give Ardorlea one last chance...[/QUOTE]

Well if you want it on a client this is pretty much the only way because I'm pretty sure it ain't getting Greenlighted. RPG Maker + They didn't post a video = almost no chance.

And Desura almost never has sales because they leave it up to the devs and they always forget about that place.

[quote name='Severose']It's about fuckin time.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not this was actually a lot quicker than it took to get the Dreamscape Desura key. We didn't finally get that one until like two bundles or so after the one it was in. I'm sure I must be on a blacklist at Groupees somewhere for bugging them so much about it.

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters beta extras are up as a direct download.

The package you download includes artwork and videos plus a brief summary of the game. One of the documents in the package states that everyone who bought one of these Groupees bundles will be emailed at the end of it with information on how to get into the game's beta.

There will be no keys because it will be a F2P game upon full release.

I'm so happy you decided to come back the day after I admitted my manly love for you on your Steam page, Motoki. When it comes to Groupees bundles, you're like some sort of hound. ;)

My Desura account thanks you immensely for all the effort.

With time running out on this bundle, I just want to say that if you've overlooked Beware Planet Earth thus far, it's worth checking out. I just got around to giving it a whirl tonight and it's a pretty solid little tower defense game. Very reminiscent of Plants vs Zombies only with an alien invader theme. If you liked PvZ, you'll probably have some fun with this.

Bonus is Leisure Suit Larry which I think is pretty damned awesome and almost certainly will get Greenlit.

Looks like it's Fester Mudd plus the OLD Leisure Suit Larry. Damn I wanted the new one. Still not a bad deal free is free.

Jonny said they would extend the time the bundle runs if need be.

The old Leisure Suit Harry is awesome. If by new one you mean Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust... I would say that is one of the worst games ever.

edit: Oh, you were expecting for the new one that was kickstarted. Sorry about that x).
That would be awesome indeed.

Looks like they did extend the bundle time. Damn good value in this bundle (I bought into everything). Shouldn't have any trouble hitting the new bonus threshold. 4 days, 9 hours to hit 8,750, and already at 8,202. 548 to go. That's only 126/day and 5/hour. :)

bread's done
Back