= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jw430']I had bad experiences with TW1. What pissed me off were the crashes and bugs. I remember getting stuck into the ground on a hill, and there were areas that were not accessible due to constant crashing. I heard TW2 was a major improvement of TW1.[/QUOTE]

Rereading my old review, it looks like disabling anti-aliasing and hardware sound acceleration did the trick for me. Otherwise, it would routinely crash for me; it was probably a victim of a rushed release schedule and was thus poorly optimized.

[quote name='Motoki']I still need to get around to playing that one. Oddly enough, I started with 2. I got 1 much later but by the time I got it I already had a huge backlog.

I've heard the voice acting is all medieval English style (and TW II even pokes fun of that at one point) but if you can get past that it's supposed to be not bad.[/QUOTE]

You heard right; it's pretty dreadful. However, if you look past the surface oddities, it's a pretty decent RPG. It can be tough starting out because most everything in the environment will kill you (lots of wolves and bears). Once you level up a bit (and it helps to have good equipment--the CE I bought at GameStop for $10 a few years back had codes for some nice items) it's not so much of a problem.

Tried to play Two Worlds 2 but got bored after about ten or so hours. A friend told me the starting area (Savannah) was the worst but I couldn't really stand to go on. Super generic world, generic quests, generic caves, generic (and randomized?) loot in chests, melee combat is unsatisfying, spell casting is mostly about hiding behind summons and nuking stuff with AoE... bleh. I guess it's slightly better than Oblivion but that isn't saying much. There have been a lot of duds in the ARPG market the last few years.

[quote name='2wicked']Bonus revealed as The Adventures of Shuggy and change to unlock at 21500.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I think everyone has that game by now, it's been in 2 bundles. Oh well, can't really complain.. this bundle has been great.

[quote name='spoderman']Damn, I think everyone has that game by now, it's been in 2 bundles. Oh well, can't really complain.. this bundle has been great.[/QUOTE]

As improbable as it is, I didn't. (I'm kinda choosy on my indie bundles.)

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']do they run out of dark lord game keys? i bought two and none of them shows key when i click on the image.[/QUOTE]

I bought day one, but didn't grab/redeem my Dungeons key until a few hours ago.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']did they run out of dark lord game keys? i bought two and none of them shows key when i click on the image.[/QUOTE]
They did.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']do they run out of dark lord game keys? i bought two and none of them shows key when i click on the image.[/QUOTE]

Yes they ran out a day or two ago. They will refill and allocate to those who do not have them before end of the deal (hopefully).

Thank goodness I didn't wait until the last minute to buy like I've done with several of their recent bundles. I was thinking about picking up a second copy of the $1 tier so I could get some cheap games for my secondary account, but I'll live without that.

Kinda weird that they'd just do that out of the blue like that. Was there any announcements before hand?

I think they posted something on Twitter about it coming to an end soon, but I don't follow them there. They also didn't adjust the countdown. I'm guessing that they might have run out of keys at 25k bundles, but at least announce that on the website, if that's the case! Way to communicate with potential customers, guys...

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']I think they posted something on Twitter about it coming to an end soon, but I don't follow them there. They also didn't adjust the countdown. I'm guessing that they might have run out of keys at 25k bundles, but at least announce that on the website, if that's the case! Way to communicate with potential customers, guys...[/QUOTE]

They probably announced it in their chat. Groupees is weird like that where they disseminate most of their important info through a chat room on their page.

It's really irksome because it's quite difficult to scroll back through the jibber jabber and find the important stuff but Groupees has this fascination with having direct live contact with a very small subset of their customers rather than actually posting the info somewhere easy to find for everyone else. :p

Wish I would have known about the early ending of the sale. I forgot about this for days until this afternoon since I made a mental note it was ending tonight.

I only really wanted The Cat Lady and maybe Edna & Harvey, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Balls. I was keeping track of the time left by the countdown and was going to get it when I got home today. Well, I guess that's what I get for not following them on twitter or searching through their chat. Silly me.

I guess it's off to the dark pit of the Steam Trading Thread to wade through the many, many posts of "Have: Paypal, Want: Skyrim $5" in order to find some leftover keys from this bundle.

[quote name='Elektr0ns']They ran out of keys for GAR....[/QUOTE]

So that was a last minute addition? It wasn't there last night when I went to bed. How the hell did they run out of keys for it so fast but they had keys for everything else that has been up for weeks 1-2 weeks?

Have they said if they are going to give keys to those who didn't get one? Because I don't have one in my account.

*Edit: I guess there is some weird shenanigans going on with that game because some people in the Groupees chat said they got Steam keys for it even though it hasn't been Greenlit and isn't on Steam yet.

Also something similar was mentioned on the greenlight page for Galactic Arms Race.

Astral Projection [author] Feb 25, 2013 @ 3:38pm
@Stevo, long story hehe.

Stevoisiak Feb 25, 2013 @ 8:34am
Wait, how did you give steam keys away on Steamgifts if it wasn't greenlit....

I won a key for GAR on Steamgifts about a week ago when the developer gave away something like 10k keys. I can confirm that it's on Steam, but there's no store page for it, so you can't actually buy it yet.

I can't believe that's the thing that made them take the bundle down early, ignoring their own countdown. I'd gladly still buy the bundle without that game. I want to give them money, and they don't want to take it!

I bought the bundle fairly early (a day or two in afaik), and I don't have a key (or even a download) under the GAR entry on my purchase page. :hot:

[quote name='Detruire']I bought the bundle fairly early (a day or two in afaik), and I don't have a key (or even a download) under the GAR entry on my purchase page. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Somebody in chat said it's 'coming soon' but it wasn't one of the slugs so I am not taking that as an official word yet.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Balls. I was keeping track of the time left by the countdown and was going to get it when I got home today. Well, I guess that's what I get for not following them on twitter or searching through their chat. Silly me.

I guess it's off to the dark pit of the Steam Trading Thread to wade through the many, many posts of "Have: Paypal, Want: Skyrim $5" in order to find some leftover keys from this bundle.[/QUOTE]

I really only bought the bundle for the Cat Lady, Two Worlds II, and Eschalon Book 2, so if you're looking for some of the other keys, shoot me a PM.

[quote name='Detruire']I bought the bundle fairly early (a day or two in afaik), and I don't have a key (or even a download) under the GAR entry on my purchase page. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Same, i bought it day 1, seems if you dont redeem the key as soon as it is available, it doesnt matter what order you purchased....

[quote name='Elektr0ns']They ran out of keys for GAR....[/QUOTE]

Has this been confirmed somewhere? Or is it just speculation?

Because I can't seem to find any concrete info as to why they ended the bundle early.

[quote name='The End']Has this been confirmed somewhere? Or is it just speculation?

Because I can't seem to find any concrete info as to why they ended the bundle early.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find anything official but the timing of this game being added and then the bundle abruptly ending right after would seem to suggest it.

I scrolled through their damned chat a bit and found some other users saying it was due to GAR but I didn't feel like scrolling all night through it to see if I can find some official word from Jonny or the slugs, if there even was any. If someone else wants to try they are welcome to. :p

[quote name='The End']Has this been confirmed somewhere? Or is it just speculation?

Because I can't seem to find any concrete info as to why they ended the bundle early.[/QUOTE]

Clearly there is one clear reason: to remind sinners during Lent that Sloth is one of the Seven Deadlys. :lol:

[quote name='Motoki']Somebody in chat said it's 'coming soon' but it wasn't one of the slugs so I am not taking that as an official word yet.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if their system didn't take hours to allocate keys after bonuses are unlocked.

[quote name='asheskitty']Clearly there is one clear reason: to remind sinners during Lent that Sloth is one of the Seven Deadlys. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You've been playing Party of Sin from the bundle, haven't you?

Just speculation. I don't think there was any info about it about it on the chat. All I could find about it is Shifty's last words:

[quote name='Shifty Slug']We want to thank everyone for their wonderful support of the Be Mine Anniversary Bundle. As a thank you we added an extra bonus game for everyone who bought the bundle. This is also your last chance to get your hands on it so act fast. Ignore the counter, this sale is about to end.[/quote]

Ending it early because they ran out of GAR keys makes no sense to me, they could just reorder keys and populate accounts with them later. If there were issues with the game.. they could just pull the game from the bundle. It was a last minute gift to everyone that bought the bundle, not an incentive to buy it..

Shifty Slug has shown up. He confirmed that they had to end the bundle early because they only had 25k copies of some of the keys.

[quote name='Shifty Slug']haha yeah cause people read all the things we write correct[/QUOTE]

That's his response to questions as to why they didn't let people know that it was gonna end early. Unbelievable.

And of course, they've got a couple of groupees groupies defending them.

[quote name='The End']Shifty Slug has shown up. He confirmed that they had to end the bundle early because they only had 25k copies of some of the keys.

That's his response to questions as to why they didn't let people know that it was gonna end early. Unbelievable.

And of course, they've got a couple of groupees groupies defending them.[/QUOTE]

Instead of setting a time limit they could set number of bundles limit. Because of that I have missed a quite great bundle :(

[quote name='The End']Shifty Slug has shown up. He confirmed that they had to end the bundle early because they only had 25k copies of some of the keys.

And of course, they've got a couple of groupees groupies defending them.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Wow... that's a bit unprofessional. Hopefully the Groupees people learn a lesson about communication from this. It's perfectly reasonable to stop selling the bundle because keys run out, but the right thing to do would have been to change the countdown clock and/or to make a note of this on the bundle page, not to leave potential customers in the dark and frustrated because they felt misled.

Okay the GAR key just appeared in my account this morning and I didn't have to request it or anything.

Agreed though that Groupees could have handled the early ending of this bundle a lot better.

I've learned the hard way though if I really want to get a bundle not to hold out. The Gala Store Jagged Alliance bundle sold out on my before I got around to buying it, though I was lucky to find someone who sold me his extra copy.

It does seem like they could have just come out and said when they were getting close to 20,000 sold, "Hey, we only have 25,000 available, so get it while it lasts" or something. I grabbed it pretty early, mostly for Steam Eschalon and Planets Under Attack, but it sucks for those who didn't have a chance to snag it because they were relying on the countdown timer.

Yay, got my GAR key! (The shump-like nature of this looks appealing to me.)

I must say that was a *fine* bundle, it was strong at the start and just got better and better. I need to remember to not forget about The Cat Lady.

[quote name='XIGRIMxREAPERIX']Some nice fellow sold me his keys. Any game I should start with first?[/QUOTE]

Depends what you are in the mood for. I really like The Cat Lady (and yes Ashes you should play ;)) but it's not exactly a light romp.

Two Worlds II I think is fun to wander around in.

The others I haven't messed with too much though I did play the first Dungeons and it was okay.

I missed this as I was fooled by the timer.... and then I go to reddit and see I won a bundle on their reddit contest! Talk about luck! :)

so, to share a bit of my luck, here is a key for Dungeons : Dark Lord.

ZIA50-GQVPA-N8C8F

[quote name='asheskitty']With the strength of this Groupees bundle from the start, every time someone mentions how they missed it, I can't help but be reminded of:[/QUOTE]

yeah, with the price changing bundles I can see waiting for a drop maybe, but Groupees is usually up front about cost and the big games. Bonuses are just icing on the cake.

bread's done
Back